What should you choose?
Any kind of baking soda is good for cleaning and washing fabrics. Which one to choose. depends on the intended purpose, the degree of pollution of the thing and the composition of the fabric.
Baking soda is good for places where no radical bleaching is needed. This is ideal for colored things that need to soften and eliminate unpleasant odor.
Calcined soda is several times more concentrated. It can remove stubborn stains like grease, tea and coffee, and return the fabric to its former whiteness.
Cleaning recipes with baking soda, vinegar and citric acid
Vinegar and NaHCO3 are an effective way to clean the washing machine. The recipe eliminates limescale, prevents the development of fungus. Cleaning is carried out after activating the device.
A vinegar solution is placed in the drum, to which are added 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Washing is started in boiling mode, all things are previously removed from the drum.
After the cycle is completed, 100 ml of 9% vinegar is added to the drum and the similarly named mode is activated. At the end of the procedure the doors are wiped with a cloth and the filter is cleaned of remaining dirt.
Because of the vinegar, the negative smell coming from the inside of the appliance may persist. To eliminate it, turn on the idle rinse mode, thoroughly wipe the machine.
A mixture of citric acid and soda ash quickly removes lime deposits from the mixer area. Use 150 g of lemon powder and 15 g of NaHCO3. The mass is placed in the detergent pan, then the rinse cycle is set at a high temperature.
NaHCO3 cleans the washing machine as well as calgan, while being affordable and safe. With the additional use of citric acid, limescale and mold are quickly eliminated. The procedure is performed as needed, once a month on average.
What else you can clean the washing machine
In fact, there are many ways to clean the washing machine. In deciding which one to choose, one should consider the availability of the product and the condition of the machine. In some cases, when no one has looked after the technique for years, it is best to contact a master, who will conduct a technical inspection and assess the overall condition.
For those who have decided to take care of the appliances themselves, the following options will do:
The truth is, the product that works for one washer-dryer may not help, but can damage the other one as well. Therefore, it is always worth to consult in advance with a technician or carefully study the features of the model and technical characteristics of your equipment.
How to clean a washing machine with citric acid and soda ash?
This method is suitable if the machine has accumulated a large amount of lime scale. Cleaning is carried out fairly quickly and easily.
- Pour 100 grams of citric acid into the powder space and 100 grams of soda ash into the drum.
- Turn on the washing machine to the highest temperature in the Cotton mode.
- After washing, even the oldest lime scale will come off all parts of the machine.
- The method is good enough to cope with your favorite types of dirt, and is also suitable if you often wash work clothes in the machine.
- Citric acid with soda ash dissolves the fuel oil well and perfectly cleans the washing machine.
- This method is also carried out no more than once every three months, because over time, the rubber seals can dry out, deteriorate.
Citric acid Citric acid, despite its low cost, does an excellent job of cleaning the washing machine. So do not be lazy, and once every three months use this method of cleaning. Such manipulation will prolong the life of your household appliance.
Can it be done?
To understand whether it is possible to add baking soda to the washing machine, it is enough to analyze the areas of its application. Its white crystals clean perfectly safe and dishes, and remove stains from fabrics, and even whiten teeth. It generally has unique properties as an excellent absorbent. it absorbs dirt and grease. Among other things, this substance kills most of the bacteria that can not live in its environment.
Water under the influence of this agent, becomes softer and because baking soda is completely non-toxic, it is not an aggressive substance.
Important: Caustic soda is not the only product used at home. it is used exclusively in industry.
Baking soda, which is widely used in the confectionery industry, as well as by housewives, in the manufacture of various confectionery products, helps to disinfect the machine and preventively clean its parts and components.
How much sodium bicarbonate to add:
- In severely neglected cases, when there is a lot of grease and scale, it is recommended to use calcined soda, which dissolves grease, slime and scale better, but is not as corrosive as caustic soda.
AdviceFor better washing, you can leave heavily soiled laundry overnight in a solution of sodium bicarbonate.
How much to put: In ten liters of water dissolve three tablespoons of soda at a temperature of about 40 degrees. In the morning it will be left to wash things in the washing machine, with the usual detergent.
If you use baking soda as a washing machine cleaner at least once every two months, you can significantly prolong its life without serious damage. Read here: Why laundry detergent is bad for you.
How to properly wash with baking soda
The amount of this product, as well as the method of use depends on the degree of contamination of things, and what the result is to be obtained. The use of baking soda, as an added bonus, will help keep your washing machine clean
- To lighten a thing you need to use two ingredients. baking soda powder and ammonia alcohol. Pour 5 liters of warm water into a basin, dilute 5 spoons of baking soda, 2 spoons of ammonia alcohol. Soak white things in this composition, then rinse the clothes, load them into the washing machine. For perfect results, you can add more detergent to the drum, depending on the amount of laundry soaked. Wash at a temperature not exceeding 50 degrees. After such a procedure, things will become white, will gain a fresh fragrance.
- To wash kitchen towels, you can use the following recipe. Grind a small piece of laundry soap on a coarse grater, mix it with a handful of baking soda powder. Fill the basin halfway with water, dissolve the mixture, put the towels and keep them there for a couple of hours. Then place them in the drum with the soap and soda water. Wash at 80-90 degrees with the addition of detergent
- Soak clothes in a mixture of bicarbonate of soda, detergent, and bleach to remove greasy stains. Take the same proportions, their volume depends on the number of clothes to be washed. Dilute all ingredients in 5-7 liters of hot water, put things in it. When the water has cooled, wash them by adding two tablespoons of baking soda powder to the drum. Wash at 40-50 degrees, rinsing twice if necessary.
Soda for washing laundry in a washing machine
For washing in the washing machine with baking soda, try to prepare special gels:
Baking soda soap gel. Grate a piece of laundry soap on a fine grater, so that you get 50-60 grams. shavings. Pour the shavings into 1 liter. of water, put the container with the product on a water bath, bring the product to a boil. Add 45g. washing soda, stir the ingredients until the chips dissolve. Let the gel cool, add 2 to 4 drops of your favorite essential oil for an added aroma. For 5 kg. You will need 2 tbsp.л. ready to use gel.
In addition to washing, using baking soda can also lighten things: for example, to make dark blue jeans a few shades lighter. For lightening, pour 2 tsp.л. of caustic and wash the jeans on normal mode.
By the way, shoes do not like washing in the machine, try to wash them by hand with baking soda. it is a good way to eliminate the unpleasant smell inside. Read more about recipes here.
How much baking soda to use?
You can use a soda solution when washing, adding it directly to the drum. But be aware that this is only permissible when washing cotton and linen items. Woollen and silk items can not withstand the lye and their fabric will be destroyed. Also can not be washed with sodium bicarbonate products with membrane coating.
If the hardness of tap water is medium, two to three tablespoons can be added to the drum. If the water is very hard, up to five spoons. The main thing in this case, do not exceed the temperature mode over 50 degrees.
There is a fairly effective method of washing kitchen towels:
- Grate household soap on a grater;
- Mix it with 2-3 spoons of soda ash;
- Put the mixture in a pot or bucket;
- Half filled with water and put towels in it;
- Boil over low heat for about half an hour;
- Wash in the normal mode in the washing machine.
Bleach can also be mixed with sodium bicarbonate, washing powder, and vegetable oil. The mixture is excellent for greasy stains on things. For this purpose, three parts of each substance are placed in a bucket and soiled things and boiled. When finished, wash in the washing machine.
Cleaning the exterior elements
First you need to clean the tray, rubber seals and the lid, if necessary. other surfaces of the appliance. On no account should you just sprinkle all these parts with white powder. First, soda ash is mixed in equal proportions with warm water. Using a sponge or cloth, wipe all seals, the lid, and exterior surfaces with this mixture.
You also need to treat the inside of the washing machine drum with a baking soda solution. Immediately rinse it off is not necessary. In order for the active components of soda to work, it will take at least half an hour. During this time you can take care of the tray.
It is in the detergent compartment that mold most often appears, especially if the owners abuse detergents and do not ventilate the unit. As a result, the tray walls gradually accumulate residual powder, not dissolved in water, they begin to turn stony and moldy.
If the tray is lightly soiled, you can not take it out. just treat it with baking soda and leave, too, for half an hour. If the plaque layer is very thick, the tray must be removed and immersed for half an hour in a more fluid solution of soda ash. 2-3 liters of warm water will require 2-3 tablespoons of soda, respectively. There is no need to add any additional cleaners. there are already enough of them on the walls of the tray.
After half an hour, remove the remains of the baking soda solution from all surfaces with a clean, damp cloth. It may have to be rinsed occasionally in clean water and wrung out. To completely remove all traces of baking soda, you need to close the tray, the lid and turn on the idle mode for a quick wash. All. This concludes the first part of cleaning the automatic washing machine with calcined soda.