Independent connection of the gas stove
Home appliances are an integral part of modern life. The kitchen stove is one of the indispensable household appliances, without which it is difficult to imagine your life. There are several types of stoves: gas, electric and even combined, of which gas stoves are the most complicated to connect and maintain, requiring increased safety and care in operation. If you need to connect the gas stove, it is better to turn to professional services, because this requires serious skills and qualifications.
If you have decided to connect the gas stove yourself, it is worth reading the recommendations.
How to connect a gas stove in the kitchen?
The answer to the question of how to connect a gas stove, in fact, lies on the surface. You just need to replace the old metal pipe, which is led to the stove, with a flexible hose of appropriate length. However, there is one, but!
Replacing the gas hose is a very responsible process and requires special knowledge. In this article, I want to inform you about some of the subtleties of replacing the gas hose, related primarily to safety. There is no guarantee that a specialist who is certified and has the appropriate knowledge will do everything according to procedure and safety. Therefore, all the information in this article is for guidance only and can not be used as a template for independent work. Let’s see what it takes to connect a gas stove when using a flexible hose.
To replace the gas hose, you will need the following tools:
The optimal solution for replacing the hose can be a stainless hose. There should be special gaskets included with the hose:
You will also need a special thread, which is wrapped around the initial part of the hose at the junction with the gas supply pipe.
To begin the appropriate work, shut off the gas supply pipe with an appropriate tap. It is often yellow in color:
Next, you need to measure the amount of thread that will be needed to wrap the initial part of the gas hose:
Attaching the hose to the gas pipe and to the gas stove must be done carefully, with a reliable tool, with good lighting of the place of work:
And this is not the way to do it. And if after the work of a master you will see something like that, then you know that you have been visited by a dishonest person:
That’s it, today we learned how to connect the gas stove. I highly recommend that you call a certified specialist, and when accepting his work, take into account the Комментарии и мнения владельцев set out in this article.
HOW TO shut off and restart your gas line in case of emergency
Unit: 2/2 | Number of characters: 2242
Peculiarities of work in the apartment
A reminder of how to connect a gas stove in an apartment officially. You need to go to the gas utility and sign a contract.
- Certificate confirming that you are the owner of the apartment.
- A certificate of registration of the dwelling.
- Technical passport.
- The previous contract for the service of the stove.
- Subscription book, if you have one.
- Passport for the stove and the meter.
Next, the paperwork is submitted to the service, where you will fill out a contract for the provision of gas service. After that you can get a connection permit.
When hooking up a gas stove in your apartment, the service is required to check the condition of your equipment twice a year.
If you connect a gas stove in a private home, the owner has two options:
In the latter case, you can connect the gas stove yourself. Or hire a handyman. And here you need to approach carefully, study the rules of connection, choose all the details wisely.
How the stove is connected?
Previously, it was connected with the help of an iron pipe. This is rarely done today. Flexible hoses have been replaced. They allow you to move the stove. And it helps to easily integrate the technique, if necessary, to carry out repairs.
You can connect the gas stove yourself with a flexible hose, it does not take much time, the main thing is to know how to do it and create a seal so that there is no leakage.
What Gas Hoses Can Be?
Types of hoses for gas stoves
The stove is connected to the mains or cylinder with the hose of your choice. The following characteristics are important:
You can find hoses of different lengths on the market, but according to the standards it should be no longer than 4 m. Hoses come in ½ or ¾ inch sizes.
You can connect the gas stove yourself with a rubber hose. It is inexpensive, has the necessary flexibility and durability, and can last up to ten years. Lined inside with cord, adding stiffness and reliability. On the edges of the nut or fitting.
Length varies, inside diameter 9 mm, outside diameter 18 mm at ½ diameter.
- Unprotected from damage.
- If the rubber is of poor quality, it will crack over time.
- Not protected against temperature fluctuations.
- Prevent the passage of currents.
Hoses for gas stoves
You can connect the gas stove yourself with a rubber hose in a metal braid. It is made of polymers or special rubber, which removes the disadvantage of the past. there is protection from stabbing objects.
- Can be confused with others that are used for plumbing. Difference in marking, you need yellow.
- You need an adapter.
- Use up to 50 degrees.
- Withstand up to a dozen years of use.
- The disadvantage. because of the braid you can not see the damage on the rubber itself, so such hoses are rarely used abroad.
Gas are no longer necessary! MULTI-FUEL BURNER from pipe for heating.
One of the latest advances. bellows hoses. They are made of stainless steel, the outside can be clad in PVC material. Are used to connect the gas stove often, with features:
- Durable and well protected, including against impact.
- Need a dielectric gasket.
- Up to 25 years of use.
- The disadvantage. the high cost.
Connection with a pipe
Connection with a pipe
Although this is a rare method of connecting a gas stove today, it is also considered the right one. So let’s consider it as well. Immediately will tell you about the disadvantages:
To connect in this way, you need to make a suitable pipe, bend it, make a thread and connect to the pipeline and equipment with couplings.
Safety rules and tips
Self-installation of the equipment must be in accordance with safety regulations. Non-compliance with regulations leads to negative consequences. That is why it is necessary to study the regulations beforehand. Useful tips and rules for connecting the gas stove:
- A flexible hose ensures the connection between the appliance and the gas supply system. It is important that it be located in an easily accessible place. Do not block access to it. Need to have a flexible hose replaced on a schedule.
- The gas hose is created in accordance with the current regulatory documentation. It is strictly forbidden to exceed the recommended size.
- It is strictly forbidden to paint the connection hose itself, as this can damage the surface. It is the painting that causes the hose’s surface to crack prematurely.
- Hose connects directly to faucet and appliances. Adapters are used only in situations with non-standard threads. As noted earlier, the adapters are included in the basic equipment of the stove.
- Before starting the installation work, the gas supply must be shut off. To do this, you need to turn the stop valve on the pipe all the way to the stop. All family members must be aware that the stove is being replaced in the apartment or house.
- In the process of installing and connecting new equipment, it is necessary to use professional tools, special consumables, accessories designed to interact with the gas system.
- In the process of connection, the spigots are opened, they must be immediately shut off with plugs. A regular wet rag can be used as a plug. The fabric that has absorbed the water is characterized by excellent gas tightness.
- To temporarily close the 1/2″ threaded supply pipe, you must use a stopper from an ordinary wine bottle. Cut it in the shape of a cone, and process it with sandpaper. Then the plug is screwed as tightly as possible into the pipe. If the plug gets stuck in the pipe opening, use a corkscrew to remove it.
When the work is done, check the tightness of the connection.
How to set the time on your gas stove?
How to set the time on the gas stove?
Start setting the time on the gas stove by turning off the stove. Then turn it back on and see the display light up with numbers or a single clock icon. And then your actions are as follows:
- Use the button, if the display is electronic, or the knob to set the hours.
- Click on the clock icon.
- Now set the minutes.
- And click the clock icon again.
As a rule, to set the clock on the gas stove help buttons ” ” and “. ” or a special knob, which must be turned. After setting the time, wait a moment to allow the stove to memorize it.
If there is a sudden power outage, the stove will forget the time, it must be set again. Or, the machine may simply not start until you set the clock.
What tools are used?
Block: 4/9 | Number of characters: 256
Tools and materials needed to connect the stove
The installation of the gas stove will not require many tools. It is enough to have a couple of gas or crescent wrenches on hand. As for the material, the list will be as follows:
To check the connections after installation you will need a soapy solution and an ordinary soft brush or shaving brush.
Reinforced gas hoses can be called eternal
The following can be said about the connecting hose. Previously it was allowed to use ordinary rubber pipes with fittings and clamps. Nowadays, only reinforced products that have been manufactured in the factory and tested are allowed to be used.
Safety precautions when using and, most importantly, when connecting the gas stove, should be taken with great responsibility, because it is quite a dangerous device.
Safety rules are quite simple. At the stage of preparation for connecting the gas stove, you need to carefully inspect all parts for damage. And also carefully follow all the instructions and do not save money. It is worth splurging and buying a good board and good, quality tools. These investments will help to avoid many problems in the future. It is also important not to save the gap between the stove and the wall.
The best thing a person can do for their safety and the safety of their loved ones is to invite a professional gas fitter who is experienced in installing stoves to their home. In this case, the risks will be minimized. If a person is still willing to do this work himself, he needs to approach the matter very responsibly.