Delonghi Magnifica S. See What Solved The Dry Grounds Problem 1026
Delonghi coffee machine spills coffee in the drip tray
In this article I will tell you how to reduce the likelihood of expensive coffee machine repairs and what to do if the problems have appeared.
First of all, you should understand that a coffee machine is a complex device with an abundance of mechanical parts, hydraulic systems, electronics. Components, which are integral modules, blocks, as a rule, are not repaired, but replaced as a whole. Spare parts for coffee machines are by definition not cheap, you can understand it at least by the price of the devices themselves. Plus they’re also hard to find, especially if you only need parts, no repair services.
You hear a noise coming from inside, the pressure in the water horn is reduced
If you notice that the water flows weakly from the coffee machine and there is an extraneous whistling or noise, then most likely the grid or the filter itself in the horn is clogged. It is not difficult to clean it, not to mention the fact that such repairs do not take much time. Special products for cleaning coffee machines or coffee makers from grease are sold. You can also carefully remove the debris with a toothpick. The main thing is that when repairing your coffee machine yourself, don’t scratch the inner containers, t.Even small scratches will retain the ground coffee, causing the appliance to clog quickly.
If your espresso machine is noisy and pours coffee poorly, the filter may even be clogged by excessive grinding of coffee beans. Start the repair by opening the coffee bean hopper and checking the grind amount. If you see coffee dust, adjust the grind amount manually (many coffee machines have this function). The last reason for the noise is that the internal pump mechanism is worn, making the coffee machine noisy, humming and hard to pour water from. In this case it is possible to repair a weak stream only by replacing the pump.
What to do if the coffee flows weakly out of the beaker
A step by step disassembly of the Delonghi ECAM 350.55 with photo and description of the insides
Beside usual Phillips and flat screwdriver we need a head (bit or separate screwdriver) of T20H standard size, popularly called “hexagon with a pin”.
- Exactly on these self-tapping screws is the back cover, which must be removed first.
- Now slide both side panels all the way to the rear and pull them out by pulling them down and to the side by their lower edges.
- We will open the inside from 3 sides. The main components I have signed on the photos. Why in the general noise of all Delonghi ECAM the main squeak is not even the grinder, as it is usual for most coffee machines, but the motor and the gearbox of the brewing unit? Because the grinder, just like the pump, is attached to the body chassis through rubber hangers, which significantly reduces their noise. But the reducer of the brewer of the Delongi is louder than the competitors.
- Reach by simply pulling gently, but strongly vertically upwards the grinding adjustment knob, which is in the hopper for grains. Remember the position it was in!
- Unscrew the two self-tapping screws at the back and lift the entire top panel along with the grain hopper. Lift from the back. The front edge of the top panel hooks onto the front panel of the coffee machine with 4 clips. Just gently pull the entire top panel backwards.
- If you are not going to disassemble the grinder of your Delonghi ECAM, you do not need to pull/twist the grinding regulator shank/ pinion. Just in case, remember the position, you can put two marks with a black marker, on both gears.
- To remove the front panel, unscrew 3 self-tapping screws on one side and 2 on the other. Plus disconnect the yellow wire from above that goes to the power button. There’s just a spring-loaded metal tab.
- After that, we look at the machine from the front. You may notice that the front panel consists of two parts, but actually it consists of three. The top half with the screen module and the bottom half divided into two parts, the left panel is put on the cappuccinator outlet, the center one is under the screen module. But they are connected and there is no need to separate them to remove them. You just need to take the lower half by both parts and pull their lower edges toward you and upward. they should go to the break and pop out of the grooves. It is clear that at the last moment the panel needs to be removed from the cappuccinator output. it remains in place. By the way, under the cappuccinator, or more precisely the water/steam outlet, the jug end. Above the water/steam outlet is another end cap, you can’t see it, also applies to the milkman.
- With the upper half of the front panel do the same. pull the bottom edge toward you and up. Only a little more sidewall expansion. there are ears on the sides, from which we unscrewed self-tapping screws, it also clings to the chassis of the enclosure. So you get access to the front button board and the screen module. You can remove the board by unscrewing the 4 self tapping screws here and the small one underneath, you can’t see it in the picture.
- This is what the front looks like without cladding. The coffee dispenser is attached to the frame, which is screwed down with 4 self-tapping screws. Also here already removed the silver tip from the dispensers, it was attached to a screw located on the bottom end right in the middle of the nozzles of coffee.
- After removing the frame, you need to remove the moving part directly to the dispenser and nozzles. It simply pulls up on the runners, but you need to be careful. NOTE! On the back of the left rail moves a stop-lock, which is made in the form of a plastic pin on a spring. When you pull the dispenser up, catch the spring and the pin, they bullet fly out to the left.
- After taking out the module of the dispenser, remove the lid, there is a simple latch, and find the cause of the uneven division of the coffee stream into two nozzles. a small coffee grounds in the left channel. In the photo, there’s a brown spot near the stiffener. It was already enough to narrow the channel, which caused the coffee to mostly pour through the right hole.
Removed the contamination, reassembled in the reverse order. the repair of the coffee dispenser of your Delonghi ECAM can be considered complete.
But I’ll take the opportunity to show you some more photos to explain the construction of my Delonghi ECAM for those who are interested.
Let me repeat, 90% of all Delonghi ECAM machines have the same interior construction, and their disassembly is identical to the described process, with the difference in minor details. Yes, I have not posted instructions on how to remove the motor and gear motor, replace the grindstones in the grinder, repair the pump and disassemble the multi-valve, but if you dare, you can do it better than me, because I do not know how
The brewing device is jammed, I can’t get it out. The machine does not respond to keys!
It is also worth contacting the service, if the brewing device can not get. It can get stuck in the intermediate position for a variety of reasons, but this is generally rare. In this case, the coffee machine usually does not respond to any buttons, and there is no movement inside it, it “hangs”. You can, of course, turn it on and off a couple of times with the main switch (usually on the back or side) to clear your conscience, but that almost never helps.
However, I can tell you how to try to unlock the brewer for Philips Saeco and Gaggia with a screen yourself, it’s not that difficult. Enter the service menu of the machine, also called the test menu, press the two buttons “espresso” and “menu”, and without releasing them, press the button once on the front panel. Next as in the video below:
Below is a video that shows the process step by step for machines without a screen. Here you will need an appropriate screwdriver, but in most cases it can be done by any man, and sometimes some women
Manufacturing features and disadvantages
In addition to the usual defects, problems can vary depending on the manufacturer, the peculiarities of the equipment. In Philips, the water goes into the tank because of the automatic flushing. After the cycle, the spout can partially drip liquid. This is not a malfunction. Not to create a lot of water in the pan, it must be frequently eliminated. The same applies to Saeco devices. In the latter there is a special indicator on the panel, indicating that the tank is full.
Other manufacturers have subsequent breakdowns in most cases:
- In Bosch, hoses, tubes are failing. Also applies to high-priced models with extended functionality.
- In DeLonghi the plastic body becomes source of problems. Despite the fame of the brand, the highest quality products, the plastic parts often create cracks.
- In Krups, there are leaks at the tube connections to the tanks and other parts.
In every particular case, it is impossible to visually find the type of problem. For high quality restoration requires special diagnostics. Our masters use professional equipment and tools.
Excessive water accumulation in the sump can indicate several common defects. For most models, breakdowns are similar and include:
- Seal wear and tear. They are made of silicone, special rubber that shrinks, cracks, deforms during usage. In this case the coffee machine is dumping water into the bucket through the heater, the pressure valve. The latter may be ajar. Seal replacement will be necessary. Often, lack of maintenance of devices leads to accelerated failure of seals.
- Disadvantages of the body. Happens due to design features, careless use, including mechanical impacts. Some parts are made of plastic, which can crack, deform. Crevices are created at the joints, the free movement of parts.
- Contamination builds up in the coffee receptacle and the coffee machine empties into the drip tray. The problem can be solved without the help of others, by cleaning the system.
Limescale is a common source of defects. If it is not cleaned, it leads to burst seals, rings, tubes, which causes loss of tightness. If you are not going to often carry out service, it is worth buying a coffee maker with a self-cleaning function. Such devices include models of the line Bosch TES71621RW, DeLonghi Primadonna Exclusive. These are the more popular devices of today.
What to do if your coffee machine is leaking?
Capsule coffee makers, as well as other kitchen appliances, can suffer from malfunctions that occur during their operation. The most common situation is when a capsule coffee maker leaks, causing a lot of inconvenience to its owner.
The most common causes of leakage
Most types of leaks can be repaired by your own hands, while some require intervention by a professional from the service center. Here are a few reasons why the coffee machine may be leaking:
- The rubber or silicone seals on the body are worn out.
- The drip tray becomes blocked with coffee deposits.
- If your capsule maker has been leaking since you purchased it, it is wise to check the condition of the plastic or metal parts. Internal tubes or filters can crack if transported incorrectly (for example, at low temperatures).
- The water tank is cracked or the rubber gasket connecting it to the housing is worn out.
- Leaks can occur if the coffee machine is contaminated with limescale. Lime scale is deposited on the walls of the tubes, and when the pressure fed through a narrowed channel, it can cause damage to the plastic elements.
It is advisable to fix capsule coffee maker leaks as soon as you notice them. Because water can flood the electronics and then the appliance will be damaged.
Is it possible to fix the problem yourself??
If your coffee machine is leaking water because the body has lost its seal, you can replace the worn gaskets yourself.
over, the manufacturers themselves advise to do such a replacement every 6-12 months. You can also fix the problem yourself if it is due to limescale.
Simply obtain the correct cleaning solution and follow the instructions of the machine manufacturer.
However, if the cause is damage to the internal tubing system, the pump or thermostat, the best solution is to contact a specialist. This is because:
- The internal structure of the coffee machine is a rather complex system, and only a specially trained person can understand it;
- it’s very rare to find the necessary and compatible parts for your espresso machine at retail.
Where to go if your coffee machine is leaking?
If your capsule coffee machine is leaking, you can contact our service center to find the cause and prolong the life of your machine. There are qualified specialists in the workshop, who will quickly and competently carry out repair and elimination of major coffee machine failures.
The peculiarity of our center is that you will get a completely identical new device, which will stand in your kitchen while we are repairing your machine. This is for the maximum comfort of our customers.
To call a technician at home, enter your contact information in the request and our operators will send the first available technician to you.
We bring to your attention a few useful videos on the repair process of capsule and grain coffee machines:
Other possible breakdowns of home coffee machines:
You can also go to the repair page of a specific coffee machine manufacturer:
Professional coffee machine repair at home
If your coffee machine is leaking, call our A-Aisberg Service Center where our engineers will detect the reason and solve the problem as fast as possible.
By contacting us, you can count on professional help as well:
- Original spare parts for all our coffee machines
- Work is performed by experienced engineers
- We repair defects of any complexity
- We issue a warranty on new components and the work of the master
Block: 4/4 | Number of characters: 472
Rupture of hoses, tubes and seals
Another consequence of irregular cleaning of the machine from salts and coffee oils. Deposited on the surface of the flexible elements, they react with the material of which these elements are made. Over time, microcracks form in the places of the most violent reaction, and then. and ruptures.
Delonghi Magnifica S ECAM problem: leaking water in drip tray instead of making coffee
O-rings, adapters, silicone tubes, gaskets and seals are the most frequently damaged by limescale. To detect a defect, you need to carefully open the housing of the unplugged device and carefully examine its insides. As a rule, there is a condensate deposit on the walls of the damaged part and the damaged part itself looks different from the rest of the part.
To be sure that this is where the leak is hiding, you can carefully separate the suspect element and fill it with water. After some time it will start to flow out of the breaking point.
O-rings and tubes are usually available in the spare parts departments of coffee machines. But if for some reason it is difficult to replace them, it is better not to risk and contact a service center. Incorrect installation of the part is fraught with moisture inside the coffee machine, and this, in turn, can lead to waterlogging and failure of expensive components.