Living room and bedroom
Comfortable bedroom temperature is very important for well-being and health in general. The negative impact on the body is too dry air, which inevitably appears because of the hot batteries during the heating season.
Underfloor heating creates a comfortable temperature, warming the room evenly in the area and much less drying the air.
Underfloor heating in children’s rooms is most justified because children like to play on the floor. Installing underfloor heating in the nursery, there is no need to use heaters with sharp corners or hot. Underfloor heating is safe for children and will not cause injury. The underfloor heating system allows you to adjust the temperature of the air in the room. In other rooms, when deciding whether or not to put or not to put a warm floor, it is worth focusing on the specifics of heating the apartment. If the heating is okay, you can do without underfloor heating.
Installing the water heating loop in the toilet
If you still decide to install a water heated floor, then you have to perform the work in the sequence shown below:
- Remove the floor covering and the old layer of screed under it;
- Remove construction debris, sweep away the dust, and vacuum the surface;
- Level the main surface of the floor with a self-levelling compound or conventional screed;
- Develop the laying diagram for the future heating circuit taking into account all heavy furniture elements. Under furniture and plumbing, including the toilet, the contour of the pipes is not laid, to avoid breakage;
- lay a damp-proof layer with overlapping of 10 cm between each other and on the walls. The resulting joints are sealed with tape;
- Lay thermal insulation. Use polystyrene foam as insulation. If the system is an additional source of heating, the layer of insulation should be up to 5 cm, and if it is the main source of heat, it is laid 10-12 cm;
- lay a reinforcing mesh;
- Lay the pipe circuit according to the chosen scheme. The space between the pipes is from 25 to 45 cm (it depends on the desire to warm up the site more or less). From the walls at least 5-7 cm;
- Connect the pipes to the manifold cabinet and test the system for proper operation;
- Pour the screed on top of a pre-tested pipe system and put the system into operation;
Other electrical systems in bathrooms and toilets are used much less frequently, due to the inconvenience of installing them.
What are the best heating floors in the bath?
Underfloor heating. these are popular systems used in different rooms. The most relevant is a warm floor in the bathroom, where as the floor covering is used ceramic tiles, as the material is considered cold and uncomfortable to walk on it barefoot. For this purpose, different systems can be chosen, with the most common question of which floor heating is better water or electric. Each variety has its own characteristics, so before choosing, you should decide on a particular variant. Each type is considered simple enough to create, so you can do the work yourself.
Installation of different types of electrical flooring for the bathroom
Electric floor heating systems, over which you can put tiles or other types of flooring based on stone, are divided into 3 main categories:
All work on the installation of a warm floor can be divided into the following stages:
- Preparatory work, waterproofing and the formation of a rough screed;
- Laying of thermal insulation and fixing heating elements;
- Formation of the finishing screed;
- Laying the final floor covering.
The general principles of installation of each type of floor heating with their own hands are largely similar, but there are some differences that should be considered when laying.
Mandatory condition when equipping any of the warm floors is a quality and effective waterproofing. It must be installed around the entire perimeter of the bathroom, shower or toilet. Waterproofing provides reliable protection for the elements of the electric floor heating from contact with moisture, and also prevents the heat insulating layer from getting wet, which can significantly reduce the energy efficiency of the work. Waterproofing for electric underfloor heating is performed with film materials, because mastics can break down and release harmful substances in contact with the warm floor.
The arrangement of the infrared floor heating system with your own hands is to lay the heating foil directly on the surface of the rough cement screed. If the IR system will be laid under the tiles, then the adhesive or mortar can be placed directly on the surface of the heating foil. Infrared underfloor heating in the bathroom does not heat the air, but the objects within its range. To prevent overheating, the film should be laid only on an area free of various pieces of furniture or plumbing. So, the placement of infrared system under a cast-iron bathtub can cause failure of the system due to overheating or damage the film due to the large weight of the bathtub. Compulsory condition for laying infrared floor heating is a thorough preparation of an even and clean basis. The film can be cut to make a solid layer of heat generating system. Mowing lines are applied to the surface of the film, and it is better to cover the cut edges with a special bitumen mastic. Infrared floor heating system should be installed at a distance of at least 10 cm from the walls. In addition you need a temperature regulator, which is installed to regulate the infrared system.
Underfloor heating in the bathroom can be made with a rod heating system. The device of such a system requires a heat reflective material, and waterproofing must meet all regulatory requirements. Before laying rod floor heating mats, a floor temperature sensor should be installed on the surface of the subfloor. It is necessary for automatic reading of temperature and subsequent correction of system operation. The pole strips can be cut to the required size and connected with cables. It is not permissible to have individual heating system segments cross each other or to install them underneath heavy objects in the interior, such as a cast-iron bath tub or pieces of furniture.
Fixing parts of the rod structure can be carried out with special dowels. After that the final floor screed is poured and the flooring is installed, for which you can use tile, natural stone, etc. п.
Before laying the cable type of bathroom heating, it is necessary to make a graphic plan of the heating elements location. In this case, it is necessary to bypass the places where interior elements, furniture or plumbing fixtures are supposed to be placed. The heating of the floor, for example, under the cast-iron bath or sink is not rational. Preparation for the laying of the system involves high-quality leveling of the base, removing debris and foreign objects. You must have a thermal layer, which you can make with your own hands from foil material, such as isolon. Waterproofing of the base must also be qualitative and reliable, for which it is more convenient to use special solutions or impregnations.
It is better to lay the heating elements on a special mounting tape, and its location on the screed must be even, without any folds, etc. п. Cable wiring can be made by yourself, however, you need to observe a certain pitch of the layout, depending on the total area of the bathroom and the length of the cable. In addition, it is necessary to make a special protective frame for the temperature sensor of a corrugated tube, it is placed between the coils of the cable of the floor heating. One end of it must connect to the mounting box of the thermoregulation system, and the other is in the screed. Once the preparation for filling is over, there is a direct formation of finishing screed, the device which provides for the use of cement mortar or special mixtures for floor leveling. On top of the construction you can lay a tile, but it is worth remembering about the need to choose the right tile adhesive.
Installation of underfloor heating in the bathroom differs in a large amount of different works, depending on the choice of heating system, so to ensure a quality and reliable results requires a certain experience of such works and time reserve. In addition, you will need skills of masonry work in order to properly install the tile.
Installation of underfloor heating in the bathroom in Lviv and Lviv region: details that help to avoid mistakes
Our compatriots have long understood all the advantages that brings the installation of a warm floor in the bathroom. That is why this procedure is being used more and more often. It is important to have an idea of its execution, so that it then functions highly effectively, providing warmth for many years.
Answers to the questions most often asked by consumers will help to carry out the installation of a warm floor in the bathroom in the best way.
Such popular questions nowadays:
- How and where to properly install the thermoregulator?
- Can the installation of underfloor heating in bathrooms and toilets be carried out with a single thermostat??
- The area of the actual installation. under which types of furniture are and are not installed under the underfloor heating?
- What are the required indentation parameters when installing?
- When can you install underfloor heating in the bathroom?
- What choice of materials for insulation experts offer?
Installation work should always be preceded by a careful study of the regulatory guidelines for such floors. They traditionally contain the order of installation step by step.
Which type of underfloor heating to choose?
When you decide to make a warm floor in the toilet or bathroom, you need to decide on the type of system.
To insulate the floor of the bathroom is used a special electric cable or electric element of the film type, as well as water coolant. In all cases, the system involves a temperature sensor and a thermostat.
How to Install a Heated Floor System
Note that the variant of the water floor is a good choice for a private home in which autonomous heating works. Such a warm floor is practically not installed in multi-storey houses, because it is forbidden to connect to the central heating (additional load can be a factor leading to malfunction of the heating system), and the installation of a separate boiler is expensive. That is why the use of electric systems is more often recommended for multi-family buildings. Many people prefer the infrared variant, as it does not require raising the floor level.
Underfloor heating in the toilet: its advantages and disadvantages
To ensure a perfect microclimate in the house, you need to take care of the warm floors in the bathroom and the bathroom. Underfloor heating in the toilet will enjoy the comfort and do not worry about the health of the household. After all, ceramic tiles, which often cover the floor in the bathroom and toilet is very cold, and walk barefoot on it quite uncomfortable.
How to install underfloor heating in the toilet?
The most common type of floor heating in recent years has become a water floor. Such popularity is due to the rather simple installation of this type of floor heating and cost-effectiveness. Heating the floor by circulating hot water through pipes laid on the floor. For arrangement of such a floor it is necessary to provide connection of water floor system to the central heating or riser with hot water.
The installation of a water heated floor in the toilet
Advantages of installing a floor heating system in the toilet:
- Ability to maintain the necessary temperature in the toilet;
- reduces the level of humidity, allowing you to keep it normal, even in such a room;
- increased comfort;
- ceramic tiles are not subject to destruction under the influence of temperatures.
- the possibility of damage to the pipes if the rules of installation are not followed;
- In high-rise buildings, you need to obtain a permit to install a floor heating system;
- the temperature of the floor depends on the temperature of the water circulating through them, and if the heating is turned off, the floor will be cold again.
Installation of a warm floor
The complexity of installing a warm floor in the bathroom or toilet is that it is necessary to observe the level of elevation of the floor when installing a water flooring system, since the floor in the toilet must be below the floor level in the entire house. There is also a possibility of damaging the pipes or incorrect distribution, so it is advisable to leave this work only to professionals.
The REAL COST of HEATED FLOORS. Are They WORTH IT???
What are the minuses?
About the negative qualities of this equipment are a lot of legends. But how true they are? So, the most common myth is the rumor that the floor is electrocuted. In fact, it is not. After all, even from the lessons of physics is clear that the reliability of the insulating material is undeniable, and the ceramic tile is not a conductor. If doubts do not leave you should not use cable systems, choosing the safest heating mats and infrared equipment.
The second most popular is a rumor about electromagnetic radiation. We hasten to disappoint: from the floor heating EMI is much less than that of a simple TV. Accordingly, no harm.
The only real disadvantage is the need to install equipment under the tile. That is, if you have a fresh repair the floor will have to remove and reinstall. But such a problem is easily solved by trivial planning. After all, to think about the need to heat the floor tiles is better before the repair. So you avoid additional costs and unnecessary hassle.
The conclusion is obvious: most of the disadvantages of underfloor heating are fictions of people who know absolutely nothing about this equipment. So is it worth it to go along with people who live in the past?? You can safely enjoy all the benefits of civilization!
Electric underfloor heating in the bathroom
Come out of the shower and you’re covered in goose bumps? Cold air and icy floor under your feet ruins the feeling of comfort.
For the consultation on a choice of a warm floor and cost calculation call by number 8 812 907-03-77
But the problem is solvable. To warm the air in the bathroom will help towel dryer, and for insulation of the floor there are several ways: an ordinary rug (which, however, can get wet) and a system of underfloor heating. By the way, underfloor heating can also replace the radiator in the bathroom.
Electric floors, contrary to all fears, are absolutely safe if they are well made, installed and connected. And their arrangement allows you to solve several problems at once:
Varieties of Electric Bathroom Heating
The most popular flooring for bathrooms. tile or porcelain tile. Ironically, they are the ones that “please” us with their cold, because they cool down a lot. Laminate, linoleum. basically not a good idea for the bathroom. In addition, they do not cool as much, so a warm floor under them is hardly necessary.
An undoubted advantage of tiles is that it conducts heat very well. It not only cools down, but also heats up quickly. And thanks to its high durability and resistance to heat, it can be used with any kind of electric underfloor heating.
The two main of them: a heating cable in the screed and mats.
- It is laid on thermal insulation in a layer of screed 3-5 cm thick
- Because of this it raises the level of the floor
- It is more difficult to install: you not only have to level the floor and fill the screed, but also calculate the cable laying step, and attach it to the mounting tape
- Has a high power. the temperature of the floor will be higher
- It can be used for the main heating
- Ready to go only 28 days after the screed has been poured
- Can be installed without a screed or thermal insulation
- Do not raise the floor level
- Prefabricated sections are easy to size
- No need to fix the cable to the base. it is already fixed to the grid
- Use only for heating the floor surface (not for basic heating)
- The adhesive solution covering the cable dries quickly. The floor is ready to use after 14 days
Safety when installing electric floors in the bathroom
As with other electrical devices, safety precautions must be observed when installing underfloor heating in wet areas.
- The cable itself must have increased waterproofing (at least IP 67 protection class, allowing use in the bathroom)
- When installing in wet areas, the cable floors must be connected through a RCD.
- The thermostat is better placed outside the bathroom. in the adjoining room.
- Do not install cables under bathtubs and showers.
Best Affordable Heated Floor SystemSave TONS of MONEY!
All heating systems from Energy can be used in bathrooms, toilets, kitchens. Energy floor heating is:
Learn about the characteristics of models and buy electric floor heating in the bathroom on our website.