How to choose a new heating element?
Before ordering and purchasing a new heating element, you need to know everything about the model that is installed in the dishwasher, down to the serial number. It can be found on the nameplate of the dishwasher.
In addition, it is necessary to know the basic technical characteristics of the device:
In addition, it is required to pay attention that the model has a tight seal at the ends of the output. And you should also pay attention to the design features. The electric heaters that are used in Bosch brand dishwashers can be:
The first category of devices is characterized by the fact that it comes into contact with the working fluid medium and heats it up. And the second category of models is in a special bulb, which is made of steatite. This material is categorized as composite material.
Dry type heaters are more popular because of their higher efficiency. It is achieved due to the fact that the part is not in direct contact with liquid. This makes it possible to increase the durability of the part.
The presence of a wide bulb in the dry heater allows to heat water as quickly as possible, protects against the formation of limescale and the formation of so-called dry cork. And if necessary, it is a bit easier to remove such a part.
In different models of Bosch dishwashers can be installed sensors of liquid turbidity, water flow distribution, as well as an electric relay, which is switched by a membrane that moves the water pressure.
It should be noted that for Bosch models, you can find heating elements, which are also equipped with a pump. It will be one solid element that cannot be disassembled. But its price will be significantly higher than that of conventional electric heaters for similar devices.
Diagnosing the malfunction
Bosch‘s advanced dishwashers come equipped with an electronic self-diagnostic system. If it detects a malfunction of one or another part, a corresponding alphanumeric signal is sent to the dashboard. But it happens that the water heating is slow, and the system does not detect any malfunction. In this case, you’ll have to think for yourself, and do a manual diagnosis of your Bosch dishwasher.
- Place the dishwasher so that the lower panel is on top.
- Remove the back panel (if it is not a recessed model) or remove the bottom wall (for a built-in model). To successfully remove the panels, disconnect the drainage pipe from the tank with water, then gently pull the wall toward you, and it is easy to remove.
- Using a multimeter, check the condition of the temperature sensor, carefully inspect the wiring and contacts for damaged insulation and signs of melting.
- If inspection of the sensor does not reveal critical malfunctions, you will have to inspect the heating element for the Bosch dishwasher.
Remember, the final removal of the panel is not provided by the design, and you do not need it. You only need to bend the wall a little to get to the necessary parts.
Replacing the heating element in a Bosch dishwasher
Dishwashers remove dirt from the surface of plates or pans with a stream of hot water mixed with a cleaning agent. To warm the working fluid to the desired temperature, an electric heating element is used, which has a limited resource. The owner can find the heating element for the Bosch dishwasher and repair the equipment himself.
What else is important to remember when using dishwashers?
Any breakdown is best prevented, and this depends directly on how properly you operate your appliances. It is very important to perform regular cleaning of your appliance, which will keep your kitchen appliances for a long time.
- Be sure to use your dishwasher regularly, because during moments of prolonged downtime, bacteria can form inside the unit, which will negatively affect the health of your family.
- This appliance should only be cleaned when it is completely free of detergent and dishwashing residues.
- The first thing to do is to check the rotary nozzles, because there should not be any clogs in them: very often these small holes get clogged with small leftovers of food and other things.
- Carefully check and remove debris from all elements of the machine, you can do this with fine tweezers or a toothpick.
- Be sure to wipe all doors and gaskets, you can do it with a detergent, and hard-to-reach places can effectively clean an old toothbrush. Treat the gaps between the gaskets well.
- Pay attention to the bottom of the door, as this area in many devices is a dead zone and water does not get here. A damp cloth can easily remove all debris and other contaminants.
- Pay special attention to the area at the bottom of the unit around the drain: in order to get full access, remove the baskets and carefully remove all solids and other debris.
To be on the safe side, unplug the appliance before you clean it. Unfortunately, none of us is immune from ridiculous accidents, the consequence of which can be a breakdown. If you need to replace the heating element for a Bosch dishwasher, then immediately think: can you cope with the repair yourself, or it is better to use the help of a specialist.
Bosch, Ariston, Electrolux, Candy dishwasher models have two types of heating elements:
The first kind is connected to a pump and a spigot. Water is driven through its tube by the motor, so it heats up instantly. Such parts are less susceptible to limescale, so they have a long service life.
Design and principle of operation
Heating element is an electric device that heats the liquid by the built-in spiral of a special material. The current-conducting element is located in a sealed tube which is insulated from the machine body. The heater is placed in a water jacket and an electric vane pump is used to circulate the liquid. The joints of the parts are sealed with a rubber gasket that prevents water from getting onto the contact elements.
When electric current passes through the coil, heat is released, and measuring sensors are used to adjust the heater. Sensor monitors the set temperature, when the desired value is reached, the heater is switched off. As soon as the water cools below the programmed threshold, the power supply is resumed. Bosch tubular heaters installed in machines built after 2010., are equipped with an additional pump to improve fluid circulation and accelerate heat exchange.
Bosch produces flow heaters with a tubular element that is in direct contact with the water flow.
On some versions of dishwashers there are assemblies of dry type, distinguished by the installation of a heating tube in a separate housing. The gap between the walls is filled with a thermally resistant compound, which additionally insulates the electrical components from the water.
What indicates a breakage
Signs of heater and appliance related components failure:
- The error code on the liquid crystal display contains the digits 09;
- Overheated or cold water supply due to a broken thermal regulator;
- appearance of tension on the surface of the housing due to a breakdown of the heating element;
- extraneous noise from wear and tear or breakage of the integrated pump.
Bosch Dishwasher Heating Element Replacement #480317
How to replace the heating element in the dishwasher
No matter what brand of dishwasher they all break down over time. One of the most widespread malfunctions is a breakage of the heating element. At such moments, the machine begins to poorly wash dishes, the work is carried out in cold water. Replacing the heating element in the dishwasher is a task possible for the average user. And to make it feasible, follow our instructions.
Dishwasher Repair Bosch Dishwasher Repair of the heating element with your own hands
Why is there no description in the network how to fix for a penny this tricky unit is not made for the people.And so two years ago I bought my wife this helper, it is indispensable in the kitchen! Everything looks ok, it works, we add salt and chemistry Not a single word in the instructions that this thing should be washed regularly with special chemicals or citric acid And then bam error E09 and all Error heater.Well, torx in hand dismantle. In the pump, which costs from 5kr, there is a film, Carl! A foil tsuka tan!
And I’m trying to tin, I’ve tried 10 fluxes. Zero! Carbon spraying!Okay, I take glue permatex conductive, they are glued to the glass on the car, all seemed to glue, but the test, sparks and all torn) And then it hit me!Copper sulfate! And electrolysis !Quickly diluted vitriol, a piece of copper trap for 12 volts, minus to the heater itself. And with a drip on the damage, quickly copper coated the ends of the coil. To tin the copper is not difficult, I throw a jumper!
Everything is ready!Next there is a reserve coil here, the jumper is factory, I cut it off, thus lengthened the coil a bit.Total according to reports on the net is 18om state. After repairing and extending, I got 21 ohms.
Reassemble it was difficult, lubricating silicone barely put the inner rubber band on it. It’s very hard to move, it’s going to pop out.
Has had three washes so far in normal operation.The place of soldering covered with epoxy just in case.And now we will periodically run it with citric acid I think. Or buy special chemicals from Finish probably for car washing.
All beaver !On Avito such remanufactured from 3kr ) so let’s screw up their business )# repair dishwasher Bosch heating element water heater film flow circulation pump 12014980 12019637 00755078 on their own hands restore the heating element
How to check the heating element for proper operation
Experienced masters of services assure that quite often code E09 simply confuses inexperienced repairmen. After all, it signals a malfunction in the function of water preparation for washing dishes, not a specific malfunction. And it could just be a breakage of the temperature sensor or its wiring.
Before disconnecting the module with the pump and heater, you must first inspect the condition of the thermostatic system, for this purpose:
- Disconnect the washing machine from the power supply with the button, then from the mains by pulling the plug out of the socket. Remove the trays from the hopper. Disconnect the device from the water supply and drain line.
- Place the TPM back-plate upside down.
- Remove the back side of the free-standing model or the bottom panel of the built-in microwave oven. precisely, we slightly move them so that we can make a diagnosis. It is not necessary to remove them completely.
- Examine the condition of the temperature sensor and the wiring connected to it. Look for melting of insulation, damages, bare wires.
- If we find a defect in the insulation, change the wire with the same cross section.
After confirming the good condition of the insulation, you need to “probe” with a multimeter all the wiring that connects the temperature sensor with the control board. It is possible that instead of an expensive repair it will be necessary only to tighten connections. If everything is alright with electric circuits check the sensor.
One of the reasons why error E:09 appears on the display is that the temperature sensor or the wiring to the board is damaged
The main thing is to fix the sensor situation as soon as you have problems. If it does not stop heating in time, the heating element will definitely fail, even if it was usable before. But more dangerous is the probability of fire, caused by the electrical system working with irregularities.
If everything is all right with the sensor and its wiring, examine the state of the control board. Its failure is also accompanied by the appearance on the screen code E09. It is better not to bother with its replacement at all. Tampering with this unit by a dilettante is fraught with the purchase of a new dishwasher.
Repairing the circuit board is very rare. Often it is easier and cheaper to replace than to restore. It is also advisable not to experiment with this procedure, unless you are an electrical engineer.
Heating elements for Bosch dishwashers
All dishwashers contain a number of necessary components inside, which simplify the washing process. Various hoses, pumps, solenoid valves or hydrostats, heaters. these are the main parts of dishwashers. And when a very important element for a Bosch dishwasher, which is responsible for heating the water, fails, it must be replaced immediately, otherwise you will accumulate piles of unwashed dishes. Buy the heater in a dishwasher Bosch you can in our online store “All Parts”.