How long does the humidifier have to run?
Many consumers, often after the purchase of this unit, wonder how long the humidifier should work, bringing the right indicators of humidity, maintaining it, and without harming others.
Add Moisture to the Air Without a Humidifier
Before you buy a humidifier, you need to decide for what purpose the room it will be located, know the size of the room to choose the device with a suitable performance. It is not a bad idea to have information about the humidity level of the room in which the humidifier will operate. Therefore, it is very good if the owners before buying a humidifier industry, will have such a device as a hygrometer, which can measure the humidity in the desired room.
It is the hygrometer, in conjunction with the humidifier operating instructions, will tell you how long to turn on the humidifier.
Why do we need humidifiers??
Humidifier is a unique device. It is necessary to create an optimal microclimate in the room.
Also to the important functions of this device can be included:
- maintaining the right level of humidity in the room;
- elimination of static electricity charges (they can appear in the dry air)
- to clean the air of dust and dirt microparticles, etc.д.
Air humidifiers prevent the development of various diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tracts. They have beneficial effects on the skin, hair and nails, preventing aging processes. These devices can also be used to prevent nosebleeds in adults and children.
How long to run a humidifier at different times of the year?
Lower air humidity in summer. This is due to the high temperatures that vaporize the water particles from it. For this reason it should be used for 24 hours. In winter, when the radiators are turned on to heat the home, dryness can also form. So it also has to work to the max. transitional periods such as spring and autumn are characterized by rainy weather. So as not to form dampness, the device can be turned on for a few hours to achieve the normal humidity value.
Humidifiers are very important for children because they create an optimal microclimate. Babies are very sensitive to the condition of the air. To help their bodies to get stronger and minimize the risks of disease development its work is absolutely justified. Dry air can dry out mucous membranes, making it easy for disease-causing bacteria to enter a child’s body. Humidity value also determines when to turn on the device. It can only be turned on at night, or left on 24 hours a day in summer and winter (but be sure to monitor the humidity level).
How often to turn on the humidifier. in the room for children, in the room depending on the season
In summer the air is less humid, almost dry, due to the effect of high temperatures. In this connection, the duration of operation of the device in such a dry season should be increased to 24 hours.
In winter, too, when using space heaters, heating batteries, the air may not contain enough moisture, and therefore the device must work at full force. all day long.
In the off-season, when the weather is rainy, the unit can be turned on for only a couple of hours, to prevent the development of dampness in the house harmful to health and achieve the necessary level of humidity.
When installing a device in the children’s room to create an optimal microclimate should be taken into account:
- The duration of use is when and how often to turn on the humidifier;
- The susceptibility of an immature child’s body to changes in humidity and temperature;
- The tendency to colds and other illnesses, provoked by both dry and excessively humid climate in the house.
And, of course, to be aware of the admissibility of the work of this device in the nursery at night, as well as around the clock in summer and winter, but only when controlling the humidity of the room itself.
As a result, the operation of the humidifier in round-the-clock mode can be justified:
And so, three main factors. the chosen model, the size of the room, % humidity, these parameters have a significant impact on the duration of the humidifier and its effectiveness.
What does the duration of operation depend on??
To correctly determine the level of humidification in the air does not prevent to get a hygrometer in advance. It is a special device that monitors the indicators. Thanks to the hygrometer, it will be possible to determine the optimal operating time of the humidifier. The duration depends on the following factors:
The operating time will also depend on the type of device. According to consumer reviews, a humidifier with ultrasound is considered the most suitable. It works on the principle of “cold fog”. The device has a built-in membrane. It makes the oscillation, breaking the water droplets into small particles. Then it comes out as a cold mist. The working time can easily be set by oneself. For this purpose it is necessary to set the maximum parameters of humidity. As soon as the indicator is reached, the device will automatically shut down.
The effect of humidifiers
Humidifying devices are in high demand among consumers because of their effectiveness and ease of handling. In addition, their advantages include the following possibilities:
- a noticeable improvement in the general tonus of the body;
- intensive growth of house plants;
- Cleaning of ambient air from impurities and foreign odors;
- Improvement of respiratory tract function;
- Acceleration of all heat exchange processes in the human body.
Regular use of the humidifier reduces the risk of allergic exacerbations. Rejuvenation of the skin is observed in some cases.
How long does my baby need a humidifier in his room?
Advantages of humidifying devices can be realized only if they are operated correctly:
- the first switching of the device is allowed at a room temperature within the range of 5-30 degrees;
- The humidity level in the room should not exceed 80 percent;
- the device should be placed on a flat, horizontal surface that can be easily accessed by adults of the family.
Increase efficiency of evaporation can be achieved by placing the humidifier close to heating radiators.
Why humidify the air?
We often think of ways to make our living space more comfortable when we are in the apartment. Temperature, humidity, oxygen saturation. everything affects our body and its work.
Here are some of the negative effects of too much air.
- Discomfort. May be expressed as dryness in the throat and nasal mucosa. Can lead to feeling unwell during the day, and sleep disturbances at night. We may not notice, but the low humidity affects the psychological state, causing irritation and unnecessary aggression.
- Illnesses. Dry air provokes the deterioration of human health during illness, most often it is a cough, colds, bronchospasm, as well as allergic diseases. Excessively dry air is also bad for young children, because in the first years of life, they are more sensitive than ever to the surrounding climate.
- Irritation. Can occur in people who use lenses. Dry eyes in a hot or freezing weather can be a problem if the humidity in the room is low.
- Effects on skin, hair, nails. This is an important detail for self-care women, because in a dry environment, their skin becomes dehydrated and less plump. This is also the reason why hair becomes brittle and dry, and why nails begin to break.
- Apartment. Yes, dry air also affects objects in the apartment. It causes furniture and floors to creak. Objects can even start to “bite” with low humidity because of the accumulation of static electricity. The plants in the apartment are no less affected. This manifests itself in the yellowing of their leaves and the occurrence of various kinds of diseases.
How long should a humidifier run?
In order for the humidifier to work properly, a few simple but important rules must be followed before it is installed:
- Do not turn on the device immediately after you have brought it from the store. It does not matter what kind of device you bought. steam, traditional or ultrasonic, it must adapt to the conditions of operation, standing at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- To understand how long the humidifier should work, it is necessary to make preliminary measurements of the humidity in the room. For normal human activity this figure should be at 40-70%. If the actual values are lower, they must be raised to the recommended values.
- Only use the type of liquid specified by the manufacturer for filling. Most often it is distilled water, but in some products allowed and normal tap water, pre-passed through a filter.
Fulfillment of these requirements will help you extend the life of the device, and make it possible to form an optimal microclimate in the apartment, suitable for the comfortable existence of all inhabitants of the dwelling.
How long should the humidifier work??
Humidifier. a very useful thing for those who care about the health of your and your family. But for your purchase to last much longer, it is important to properly care for the device. Proper care can also include limiting the operating time of the device. Should the humidifier be on 24 hours a day, seven days a week?? Let’s find out how long the humidifier should work?
The operating time of the humidifier depends mainly on the characteristics of the room in which the device is used. When using a humidifier, you should also buy a special device that determines the level of humidity. Hygrometer. There are also models in which this apparatus is already integrated.
The optimal humidity level in the room is 40-60%. Once this result is achieved, the humidifier can be turned off for a while. But do not let it sit idle for too long, because moisture evaporates very quickly. It can be absorbed into carpets and upholstery, laundry, or evaporate from heating appliances.
When 24-hour operation is justified?
The humidifier should operate continuously under the following conditions:
A good humidifier will help to cope with dry coughs and runny noses in children and adults. If you want to alleviate such symptoms, increase the operating time or increase the humidifier power.
Operating time of the device in a child’s room
The above figures are optimal for adults, but what about children? After all, their body is a little more delicate and demanding. How long should the humidifier work in the nursery?
For a room in which a small child constantly stays, the requirements for the operation of the humidifier is not particularly different. The humidity level here can be a little higher. up to 70%. Ideally, you can put the power regulator in the minimum position and leave the unit to work uninterrupted.
When using a humidifier in a child’s room, other precautions should be observed: the device should not be placed near a crib where a child sleeps, and the steam type of device should not be used. In such a humidifier principle is based on the use of hot steam, which can be dangerous for the baby. Ultrasound or climatic type of device would be optimal. it is safe, in addition, it has a low noise level during operation.
The period of use depends on the type of room, the intended use, the humidity level and the technical specifications of the device. Taking all these factors into consideration, it is not difficult to determine how long the humidifier should work.