Where is the rinse aid tray?
often, the place in the dispenser where the detergents for washing and conditioning agents are placed is the tray on the left side. Less often the manufacturer installs it on the right. If the washing machine provides loading through the hatch that opens upwards (vertical loading), then here the tray is installed from the inside on the lid. The tray itself is divided into three compartments, different widths, sometimes can be highlighted in different colors.
- For laundry detergent (marked P or B). This compartment is the deepest, this is where all washing detergents go.
- For soaking (marking I or A). Compared to the first compartment, this one has a smaller size and is used for pre-wash or soaking detergents
- For conditioning (marked with a flower). This compartment is the smallest in depth and size. It is made so that the water in the conditioner compartment of the washing machine does not wash it out when washing.
You can, but it depends. If you need to do an extra rinse, after a complete wash cycle when the machine is off, you can add conditioner directly into the drum. It does not need to be poured on the things, use a special container for detergents.
Why we need conditioners and rinse aid for laundry
Conditioners also help to refresh the color of fabric, make ironing easier and even help things get less dirty due to the content of surfactants. surface-active substances.
How to properly use the conditioner for laundry: 3 secrets of an experienced housewife
Fabric softener (fabric softener, rinse aid) is a complete participant in the washing process. It is a liquid that makes the fabric soft and fragrant. A good conditioner includes water, silicone, fragrance, cationic surfactants (surfactants). It must not contain chloroform, ethanol, benzyl alcohol.
Using conditioner for laundry according to its intended purpose
Laundry conditioner is used in two cases:
The agent is poured into a special compartment, from where the machine extracts it independently when rinsing. Usually the manufacturers of washing machines mark the tray under the conditioner with the symbol of a flower.
Conditioner is added to the basin with the laundry during the last rinse. After 10 minutes, the laundry is taken out and wrung out before drying. It does not need any additional rinsing.
If the hostess forgot to put the conditioner before the machine wash, it can be added to her compartment before setting the “rinse and spin” mode. With an extra rinse after the machine cycle, you can add conditioner directly to the drum. Pouring it on the cloths is not a good idea. It is better to use a detergent container.
Unusual use of fabric softeners
Most homeowners only use rinse aid for laundry. But it can be used for other purposes:
- Window washing in the house and car.
- Zipper slider jamming.
- Cleaning leather.
- Cleaning wool from the carpet.
- Wet mopping laminate flooring.
- Removal of old wallpaper.
- Cleaning tile and plastic windows.
For what things conditioner is better not to use?
How to use fabric conditioner or Comfort in washing machine | How to add in Comfort fabric softener
Fabric softener is not a must for your washing. But its ability to improve the quality of laundry is appreciated by housewives. The main thing is to strictly follow the instructions and take into account that the product can not be used in certain cases.
- silk items (there is a risk of staining)
- Tights and corrective underwear (reduces the elasticity of tissue)
- things with water-repellent impregnation (losing their functionality)
Each housewife decides for herself which is the best rinse aid for her stuff. Usually products of the same price range do not differ much in action and composition. Therefore, when choosing, you can be guided by the budget, your own preferences, the need to wash things for children and allergic.
- When washing by hand, pour one third of the capful of rinse aid into 10 to 15 liters of water.
- When washing in an automatic machine, pour a full capful of Lenora for one cycle.
If the washing machine washes out the rinse aid simultaneously with the powder, the problem lies in the mechanism of water supply and requires repair. If the detergent tray is mechanically damaged it must be replaced with a new one, you can do it yourself by ordering a new tray in a spare parts store.
Correct use of rinse aid
How to use fabric conditioner to get the best results? The first thing to do is to read the instructions for the product. It indicates how much to pour into the washing machine or into a container of water, if washing is done manually. If you use not enough, it will have no effect. But do not overdo it, as you won’t be able to rinse out the excess detergent, and your clothes won’t be comfortable to wear after the wash.
Sometimes housewives can not figure out in which department of the washing machine to add rinse aid. It’s very simple. The liquid is poured into the special compartment of the cuvette, and when washing by hand. in the water intended for the last rinse of things. In almost all washing machines, this compartment is marked in the form of a flower or star.
Before using fabric conditioner for laundry, you should see for which fabrics it is intended. Manufacturers produce special rinse powders for wool products, which become soft and fluffy after washing. Products like these help to maintain the appearance of wool products in their original form. When washing light-colored clothing, you can use conditioner, which has the property of preserving whiteness.
Conditioner rinse aid scents things
Some preparations contain starch. Use it on tablecloths and men’s shirts: collars and cuffs will look fresher than usual when dry.
Universal rinses are also produced. They are used in loads of laundry that do not require special care.
The use of rinses for washing children’s clothes is also possible, but you must choose special products. The best conditioner for baby’s underwear and clothing is the one that does not cause allergies and does not contain fragrances. The best rinse aid is the one on the package that says it is for children’s items.
How to boil your own laundry at home
The conditioner should be added before starting the washing process, along with the detergent. If for some reason you have not done this, you can add conditioner just before the rinse process. This should also be done by pouring it into the compartment designed for it.
If you are afraid of overdoing it, take the following proportion as a sample: if the drum is filled halfway, then pour the conditioner halfway from the amount indicated in the tray as a maximum. Some manufacturers make bottle caps with conditioner in the form of cups.
Does the location of the conditioner tray differ in different brands of machines
In most washing machines, the compartment for the conditioner has a standard location. Only a few have the compartment located in an unusual way. In addition, in some models it may represent a compartment, closed with a lid. To pour conditioner into it, you’ll have to raise it.
Non-standard location can be found in the following models:
- Samsung Eco Bubble WF-602. The rinse aid compartment is on the right side of the tray, it has a square shape.
- Electrolux EWW-51486 HW. The air conditioner needs to be poured into the rightmost compartment. It is additionally equipped with a small strainer.
- Siemens. All models of “washing machines” have a compartment for rinse aid, equipped with a cover with a flower pattern.
- Zanussi ZWY. This vertical model has four compartments for household chemicals. Rinse aid should be poured into the far right compartment.
- “Indesit WIUN 105. The compartment is also in the right-hand side. In addition, it is additionally equipped with a lid, which has a small hole. That’s where you should pour the antistatic.
- Bosch WOT-2445 O. There are three compartments in the tub for household chemicals. The rinse aid must be poured into the central basket.
- LG. In all models of the Korean brand, the antistatic compartment is smaller than the other compartments. It is marked with an asterisk.
Synopsis. Regardless of the model and manufacturer, the air conditioner compartment is always smaller than the others. This is the main distinguishing feature, which helps to know the correct location of the tray.
Where you need to pour the conditioner in the washing machine? Overview on brands LG, Samsung, Bosch, Indesit
Conditioner where to fill in the washing machine? It is essential for laundry, softens fabric when washing, clothes do not get dirty as quickly as with normal washing.
So the fabric will need to be washed less often, and it will prolong the life of any product. In addition, after using the rinse aid, the clothes do not get electrified and smell pleasant.