Step 2 Allow access to the fasteners
Once you’ve determined where the heating element in your washing machine is located, you can move on to disassembling the housing. The first thing to do is to disconnect the appliance from the mains to prevent electric shock when replacing the heating element. If the location is rear, you will need to further disconnect the drainage pipe and water supply. Also do not do without draining the remaining water from the washer. You can drain the water through a special drain filter or if you lower the drain hose below the location of the machine body, which can be more problematic.
Next, remove the back cover. If the heating element is behind it, all is well, it remains to remove and replace it, as we will tell you below. In case you need to remove the front cover, follow these instructions:
- Remove the cover, which is on top.
- Dismantle the detergent tray. As a rule, it is attached by self-tapping screws and additionally secured by a latch, which should be carefully detached.
- Remove the steel hoop from the gasket on the hatch. It is held by a spring, which you just need to stretch a little bit. After removing the hoop, carefully remove the seal itself and the door lock, from which the wires must be disconnected.
- After that, you can unscrew the front panel, which is fixed with self-tapping screws and possibly clips.
- Access to replace the heating element is provided, you can move on to the main process.
Instructions for replacing the electric plug
If you have a melted electric plug or one of the pins is broken, the replacement technique is as follows:
- We cut the euro-plug that needs to be changed and remove the outer sheath of the cord (about 5 cm from the end).
- Strip all 3 wires by 15-20 mm. On how to properly remove the insulation we told in the appropriate article.
This is how you can change the plug on the wire yourself. As you can see, the instructions are quite simple, especially in the photo examples were detailed each step of the replacement.
- check the degree of load, cross-sectional area of the wire;
- eliminate the likely faults of the plug (possible deformation of the box due to wear and tear, improper use);
- Replace the oxidized wires in the collapsible plug or replace it with a new one.
- Disassembling the washing machine. To access the cable, remove the back cover.
- Unscrew the screw holding the mains cable.
- Memorize or photograph the wiring diagram and disconnect the wires.
- Take out the three wires (phase, zero, ground), connect new ones and reassemble the technique.
Methods for a complex plug formula
The complexity of the method is that such an event is quite difficult to trace. First, it is quite difficult to find forks in the line, as you need to monitor several lines of different bookmakers’ offices at once. After finding it, it is necessary to promptly make bets on the opposite events, as bookmaker analysts carefully watch the odds.
- Victory 1 / Victory 2, the sport where there is no draw will do;
- Total even / total odd, even or odd number of points, goals or other indicators depending on the sport;
- Total less / total more, more or less number of game indicators of a team or athlete;
where: S1. a quotation on an event in BK 1, S2. a quotation on an event in BK 2, If P is less than one, then we can conclude that the fork is profitable, so we can make bets.
Note that you can replace the plug of the power cord on any machine. Indesit, Bosch, Ariston and other brands have no fundamental differences in this matter.
How to replace the plug on the washing machine yourselfLink to the main publication
If you need to replace the mains cord of the washing machine, then you should not postpone this repair. Suspicious traces of burning, a strong kink or obvious damage will quickly lead to a short circuit and fire up to the fire. Do not hope for a miracle. it is better to immediately cut off the power supply, call a master or take on the case yourself. You should also replace any wire that is missing from the socket. If you decide to act with your own hands, then study the step-by-step instructions.
How to replace a washing machine door seal | Washing Machine Spares & Parts | 0800 0149 636
Description of the replacement procedure
To change the power wire of the machine, it is enough to allocate 30 minutes and prepare a standard set of tools. So, electrical tape, a screwdriver and a knife come in handy. Then we check whether the power is turned off, and turn off the water supply to the washing machine.
We also drain the rest of the liquid by opening the technical hatch in the bottom right corner of the body and using the emergency drain. Then proceed as follows.
- Turn the machine 90 degrees, and place it on the side next to the powder box. It is strictly forbidden to turn the machine on the other side, because water from the dispenser will cause leakage and damage of the control board.
- Disconnect the bottom by unscrewing the eight bolts.
- Look for the noise filter, which is connected to the power cord.
- Loosen the screw fixing of the interference filter, slide it and lift it from the machine body. Squeeze the inner clips of the plastic stopper and squeeze it out.
- Slide the cord and push it in, and then you will have access to the filter.
- Disconnect the cover-guard and release the wire contacts.
Remember about the color marking of the cores. green shades indicate “ground”, black or brown shades indicate phase, and blue-blue color indicates “zero”.
Before you start disconnecting the cable contacts, you should take care of marking or photo-fixing. It is necessary to mark the phase, ground and zero, so as not to confuse the location of conductors during reassembly. After unclamping the terminals and gently pull the cord out of the washing machine. The new wire is connected in reverse order.
What RCD to choose for the washing machine?
Having a ground fault interrupter will allow you to achieve safe use of the outlet. In the sale you can find different versions of protective devices it can be a separate device, as well as combined with a circuit breaker. The second version of the device is commonly referred to as a differential switch.
In all circumstances, this device is of key importance when it comes to installing any appliance in a room with high levels of humidity.
Note! The RCD is a device that is designed for multiple use. This means that it is not necessary to mount a new device in case of a leakage.
The standard device usually consists of the following elements:
- circuit breaker;
- devices of self-testing;
- There is often an additional element. a cutoff.
Pay attention to! In order to ensure the safe use of the household appliance, it is necessary to choose a RCD with a cut-off current of 10 mA. According to the rules, the rated current of the protective device must be higher than the circuit breaker (input).
What automatic circuit breaker is installed for the washing machine?
In addition to the RCD for the washing machine, the installation of a separate circuit breaker is required. This device allows you to turn off the power in the event of a threat of a short circuit, which does not do a standard RCD. In order to understand the principle of choosing an automatic circuit breaker, you should pay attention to such features:
- It will be necessary to calculate the optimal load on the network. This means that it is necessary to add the power of all electrical appliances that will be powered from the socket.
- The diameter of the cable must also be taken into account.
Please note! For a device with properly selected wiring and socket, a 16 mA circuit breaker will be sufficient. This model is suitable for the protection of a group of electrical appliances.
Calculation of cross-sectional area of the wire
The first thing you need to calculate. this is the cross section of the wire, which will be connected to the outlet / automatic circuit that feeds the washing machine. Select the diameter of the cross-sectional area according to the possible peak load on the power grid. That is, the maximum power consumption of the device (indicated in kilowatts or volts). To find out the parameters of a particular washing machine, you can directly in the technical documentation.
It is advisable to follow the following diagram.
Table 1. Scheme of calculation of the cross-section of wires.
|Up to 1 kW||1||2.5|
|Up to 2 kW||1.5||2.5|
|Up to 3.5 kW||1.5||2.5|
|Up to 4.4 kW||2.5||4|
|Up to 5.5 kW||4||6|
Most domestic washing machines consume between 2 and 3.5 kW. The above table is only valid for 220 V supply voltage. Washing machines requiring a 380 V connection. Not for domestic use.
Can a thicker wire be used than those specified in the table? Although there will be additional costs, but this option is acceptable. The main thing is to run it through the cable channel, the inner volume of which will be filled to no more than 60% (to ensure proper heat dissipation, which meets the standards SNIP).
What happens if the wire is thin?
- There is a possibility of overheating of the cable, which will melt the insulation, and then there may be a short circuit.
- Because of the constant overheating will damage the finishing materials (even if the wire is mounted in the cable channel, the plaster is often covered with cracks, and the wallpaper comes out dark stains).
- Increased load on the terminal connections (in the switchboard, directly in the socket or circuit breaker).
Otherwise, it is a violation of fire safety regulations to use a wire that is too thin for the power supply. Active use of such a cord can actually cause a short circuit and subsequent fire.
Replacing the plug of the power cord
The procedure is very similar to plugging in a new cord to a device. The only difference is that you don’t need to disassemble the appliance. Instead, you just have to disassemble the plug. To do this, loosen the screw or pull the core out of the outer sheath so that the screw terminals are exposed.
Remove the plug core from the outer shell. Insert the cord through the hole in the outer casing. And then connect it to the screw terminals that are on the plug core.
IMPORTANT! Connect the hot wire to the brass terminal on the plug core. In the case where the screws have the same color, the hot tooth will be the narrower of the two.
Connecting the neutral wire to the silver colored screw terminal. When the screws are the same color, the neutral prong is leading to the wider prong. The ground wire should be attached to the green ground screw that is on the plug.
All wires are connected. The core must slide back into the outer casing so that it can be tightly fastened afterwards. There are some plugs that are held together with screws while others are just clicked into place.
IMPORTANT! It is necessary to check the device. Need to make sure it works correctly.