Repair of portable induction stove with your own hands
The types of faults of induction stove can be both simple and complicated. For example, the causes of a partially energized product include:
- The induction stove is plugged into a socket that is not working. To be sure of this, a known working electrical device is plugged into it.
- Power wire is burned out. This sometimes happens if the manufacturer for some reason installed a defective cable. To test it, use a multimeter to test each lead for resistance. A zero on the multimeter scale indicates that there is a break in the cable. This means that it will have to be completely replaced. If you don’t have a multimeter handy, take another cable and install it in place of the old one by plugging in the socket. A working panel tells you you’re on the right track to fixing the problem.
- Broken contacts. Quite often there are cases when they burn out. In order to believe it, you need to open them, clean them with alcohol and put them back in place.
- Damaged fuse. This small element burns out when there is a power surge. And if there are power surges on the line, into which the power is tapped at home, then, most likely, this is the reason for the kitchen appliance not working. In this case, the fuse is replaced with a new one.
- Non-functioning transformer. This is one of the most important elements of induction stoves, which is responsible for the currents inside the coils. It is the same as all other electrical parts of the stove, check with a multimeter for resistance. The nominal value of this indicator is indicated in the passport of the product. If the multimeter display shows zero, then there is a short circuit between the windings of the transformer. If “infinity”, then there is a break in the circuit.
Below is a list of the most common defects of induction stoves that affect the functioning of the device.
Repair of induction stove with his hands
Recently I had a Chinese-made burner induction stove for repair. According to the story of the owner of the stove, it was clear that the stove simply shut down during cooking and did not give any signs of life.
On the board, I immediately discerned a blown fuse
Unscrewed the circuit board from the case and removed the heat sink from it
Immediately I checked the power transistor and diode bridge on the board with a multimeter. The bridge was good, but the transistor had a collector-emitter junction.
I unsoldered the transistor from the board and had a hard time to make out the marking H15R1202
I checked the gate of the power transistor emitter repeater, everything is OK, transistors are intact.
I bought the transistor in the store, but it was not available, so I took the one I had, namely H20R1202. Transistor from the same series, but a little more powerful, cost a little less than 3.
Soldered in a new transistor and a 15A fuse. And started reassembling the stove.
Induction Cooktop Repair || IGBT Testing & Fuse Value
After assembling the stove, I put a pot of water on it and plugged it in. After some manipulation of the touch buttons, the stove turned on and began to hum softly. The fan started blowing on the inductor and the heatsink of the power section.
After about five minutes, the water in the pot boiled. Unplugged the stove, took off the stove cover and felt the radiator, it was barely warm, everything was fine. This concludes the repair.
The main reason for failure of an induction stove is to put a dish with a diameter smaller than the diameter of the inductor on the stove. At the same time, not all the energy is used to heat the pot, and the smaller the diameter of the pot, the more the output transistor is heated until it fails thermal breakdown. Note, on each stove are drawn circles, which indicate the minimum diameter of the used cookware. These circles are not for beauty!
If the instrument showed infinity, it means that there was a breakage of the filament inside. Food cooked on such a stove is safe and maximally healthy.
Carefully inspect the coils of induction coils. From the name you can judge about the construction of the part. Therefore, before you repair yourself, make a good estimate of your chances. Induction Cooker Repair, 100% No Guarantee?
Why transistors burn out? Of course, let’s check the connection of the connecting wires.
the bigger is the billet: if for g steel you can do with a range of about MHz, then for a railroad tanker billet the initial frequency is about Hz and the operating frequency is up to several kHz. Q3, Q4 transistors replaced. There are stoves where one half of the burners work on the electric principle and the other half on the induction principle.
Troubleshooting and error codes
Despite the high reliability of induction panels, the consumer may encounter defects, for the elimination of which it is necessary to pre-diagnose and identify the cause of their occurrence. To facilitate this process, the leading manufacturers equip their products with self-diagnostic systems, which are able to independently indicate the cause of failure of induction stoves (hobs) and notify the owner by displaying the appropriate error code on the information display of the control panel.
Unfortunately, nowadays there is no unified classification of the breakages. Each manufacturer codifies the same problems differently (for examples, see the “Coding” in the “Coding” section). in the table).
Important! Repair of induction stoves is often difficult. To make it at home, you need not only skills to perform plumbing and electrical work, but also a thorough knowledge of an electrical engineer.
The user can begin to repair himself only when he is absolutely sure that he knows how to fix the malfunction. Otherwise, it is better to contact the service.
Unit: 2/5 | Number of characters: 1441
Connecting the induction hob
Connecting an induction stove requires some knowledge and skills of electrical engineering. The following requirements dictate the choice of location for the device:
- The hob must be installed on a level floor/surface without tilting;
- ventilation, small clearances must be provided. the appliance must not overheat;
- The stove must be grounded;
- A cable with a cross section of 2 or more must be used for connection.5mm²;
- The wiring section leading to the device must be copper;
- the presence of a socket near the place of the planned installation of the device;
- household wiring must be adequate to the load level created by the appliance in operation.
If the device is not equipped with a power cable, then you should buy a power cord yourself, focusing on the characteristics of the device specified in the documentation. It is a good idea to consult with an expert.
Induction hob connection cable
Attention! Mistakes when installing the induction hob yourself are fraught with failure and loss of warranty service of the device, as well as problems in the household wiring.
If you are not confident in your abilities, it is better to contact a professional about the connection of the induction cooker.
Most often the consumer is faced with the fact that one or more burners do not turn on, the stove makes strange noises, heats poorly or stops working independently. The essence of the most common situation is that the stove does not heat well. It can not even be called a breakage, because the problem occurs if the bottom of the used container is misaligned with the center, or its diameter was much smaller than the cooking surface.
If one or more burners have stopped working, it is necessary to check whether they are still powered, because in case of overheating, several parts can fail. Insufficient heating can also occur due to incorrect start-up sequence.
Generally speaking, to start the induction hob, you must first select the burner to be used, using the sensors, and then set it to the desired power.
If the order is broken, nothing will work. When the touch surface does not respond to touch, the problem may be trivial dirt. Having cleaned, you should check again. if that doesn’t help, it’s worth inspecting the interconnecting loops that connect the inductor circuit and the control box.
When the temperature of the hob is no longer displayed, the problem could be a broken temperature sensor. Sometimes breakdowns occur in the fan, whose main task is to cool. The solution could be to fix the temperature sensor. If the ventilation system has stopped working at all, it could be because of a burned out motor or because the control circuit is broken.
Sometimes the hob shuts down by itself. This can happen when using the wrong cookware. made of material not marked “for induction stoves”. It is worth mentioning that you should not use all vessels made of non-magnetic materials, i.e. aluminum, copper alloys, as well as stainless steel.
The heaters can also switch off by themselves for several reasons, listed in the manual. For example, after a timer signal or after a two-hour operating period. The burners also stop working if no further action is taken within 10 seconds of switching them on.
The induction hob becomes noisy when the heater power is too high or when you cook in the wrong cookware. For example, noise occurs when the base of the pot is too thick or thin or when its diameter is too small.
When the fuse blows, the hob can no longer be activated at all. This is either because the inductor can not handle the load, or because the transistors are shorted. Overheating of the hob can be caused either by its contamination or by excessive liquid. The winding overheats when the whole structure is not placed on a solid surface, and the technique begins to sag under the weight of the used dishes.
If the induction hob clicks during cooking, you should first study the manual. for some models this “accompanying effect” is considered the norm. Also do not worry if the device hums, crackles or beeps. these sounds are made by the induction coils, interacting with the dishes. When the surface of the induction hob and what is under it gets very hot, it is worth checking whether there are metal objects, such as cutlery, placed in the cabinets.
Finally, if the automat knocks out during start-up, the first thing to do is to check its condition. Otherwise, the problem will be either in the connection or in the heating element.
Block: 3/5 | Number of characters: 4616
How To Check Transistor 8050 and 8550 Very EASILY
Real and imaginary faults of induction stoves
If the above causes are absent, deal with the temperature sensors and the control panel.
Induction hob can’t see the cookware. First of all, check the material of the pot or pan body. It should have the appropriate marking (for induction stoves). As a last resort, you can check the metal with a permanent magnet. Non-magnetic materials (aluminum, copper alloys, stainless steel) are not detected by induction burners.If the cookware is okay, check again the temperature sensor and the control unit.
Useful tip: if you don’t have a suitable pan and only have an induction hob, use a ferromagnetic disc with a suitable diameter. They are on sale, or it can be made from a thick steel pan.
True, the efficiency of cooking will decrease dramatically, because the source of heat will not be the dish itself, but the metal disk. But you can cook with your favorite copper frying pan or pot made of heat-resistant glass.
Important! The presence of liquid in nonmagnetic cookware (even water) will not make the induction burner work. This is not a microwave oven
What to do if the induction hob can’t see the cookware
First of all it is necessary to make a diagnosis to determine the cause of this phenomenon. At home, you can try a different cookware, apply a magnet and clean the surface of the stove. Disassembling the device by yourself is not recommended. The hob may have special diagnostic modes and programs to determine the fault. But, such programs are not available in all devices, so you need to be guided by the instructions from the performance.
You can do the following on your own:
- Check the cookware for compliance with the above requirements. The body may have been damaged, making the container unsuitable for use with the induction stove. On quality cookware, there is a special marking indicating that it can be used with such cookware;
- If the module does not fit tightly enough, it is necessary to make adjustments by means of springs;
- Replace the temperature sensor, as it is often the cause of failure.
You should not make a more complicated repair at home, it entails safety risks. Therefore, if it is impossible to fix the problem yourself, you should contact the appropriate service center.
Repair of induction hob with your own hands
Cooking surfaces of different types are used for cooking: gas, electric or induction.
At some breakages it is not necessary to call a master at all, the more so, that such services are not cheap. Sometimes the repair of an induction stove with their own hands, as well as gas and electric, is quite possible.
You just need to get a set of tools and follow the recommendations of experts.
In order to do the repair, prepare the following tools:
- Screwdrivers with different tip sizes and shapes. It does not hurt and screwdriver indicator, indicating the presence of voltage.
- Mounting knife. They are good for cutting and stripping electrical wires.
- Soldering iron.
Important! Use a multimeter to measure the electrical current.
So you have turned the appliance on and one of the burners isn’t working. Proceed according to the following algorithm:
Important! You can also check the presence of voltage with an indicator. If the current differs significantly from the norm, it is possible that the circuit breaker has tripped.
- Check the condition of the plug and cord. If they are damaged, it is sufficient to replace them. Do not forget to check the current supply to the hob itself, since the causes of de-energizing are not always a faulty plug and a violation of the integrity of the cord.
- If the cord, plug and socket are functional, it means that the problem is with the hob itself.
Let’s consider in more detail the causes of malfunctions of electric panels:
- Breakage of electric wires in the connection block. It can be caused by installation mistakes or burning out.
- Triggering of fuses due to a voltage drop in the network.
- Loss of contact on the heating element. Sometimes the power supply unit loses contact. If a wire is unsoldered, simply solder it back on and the unit will resume operation.
- Sensor failure. As a rule, it can not be repaired at home, you have to go to a service center. The only thing you can do in such a situation. is to check whether the voltage to the sensor.
Important! A common cause of control unit burnout is the incorrect choice of care products (e.g. using a saline solution to clean the surface).
- Insufficient or excessive heating of the burner. The latter situation also threatens the occurrence of fire. This happens if the thermostat is out of order. It is this part is responsible for controlling the set temperature. The thermostat can also be replaced on their own, if carefully disassemble the panel. The mounting of the thermostat in different modifications is different: by means of a special plug or by soldering to a chip.
- Cracked vitrified clay. This phenomenon is infrequent, but unfortunately it happens. The cause can be a manufacturing defect, as well as errors in operation, so follow this link to learn how to properly care for induction cooktop. In this case, the repair of glass ceramic cooktop with your own hands will not work.
Important! If the case is not under warranty, it will cost a lot of money to repair.
The principle of operation of an induction hob is to heat what is inside the cookware, not the cookware or hob itself. This makes the technique safe. Induction hobs are popular with families with children.
The most common types of breakdowns are as follows:
- The appliance won’t turn on or, alternatively, won’t turn off. Many modern models recognize the type of cookware used or its absence on the surface. If the cookware is not installed on the stove or is not suitable for use with the induction hob, then simply triggered the protection.
- Low heat. Check if the cookware you have can be used with the induction stove.
- Starting to repair your induction stove with your own hands, check the circuit for contacts. Often fuses fail due to power surges in the network. In this case, repair is limited to replacing the fuse.
The general principle of diagnosis and repair of the induction hob with their own hands is the same as that of conventional electric stoves.
As a rule, the most common faults are problems related to gas nozzles. Most often there are such breakdowns, when the repair of the gas cooktop with your own hands is possible:
- Pieza does not ignite well. In this case, cleaning the igniter helps.
- No gas inlet. It is possible that the valve on the gas pipe is blocked. If there are no obstructions to the gas supply, then check the condition of the nozzles, whether they are clogged. Their cleaning is not very difficult.
- On new models with diagnostics, it helps to see the error code on the special display. It is enough to look at the technical data sheet and correct the error that has occurred.
For your stove to last you a long time, be sure to find out which company is best for stainless steel pots.
As you can see, each of the stove has its own specific faults and the same options for repairs. However, a home handyman with basic skills and a set of simple tools will be able to cope only with the simplest faults. In more complex cases, the repair of the hob Ariston or any other model with their own hands is hardly possible, it is necessary to apply with a request to the service center.
Block: 17/18 | Character count: 0
For more rapid repair in the conditions of inaccurate fault detection (and not only), you can give some useful tips. First, the generators on the burners are made as an independent module. They come off. By swapping alternators in places (from one burner to another), you can quickly figure out what is broken, the coil or its high-frequency voltage blog.
The second tip can sometimes help to save a lot on repairs. In not cheap or rarely found because of the lack of prevalence on the market stoves, the burned part can be unique and very expensive. And its rarity raises the cost of replacement even more. But it is not necessary to install the element, which is specified in the circuit diagram of the stove. There is a database of electronic component compliance. You can easily find it on the Internet by searching for Datasheets or on thematic forums. It will find a more inexpensive or commercially available analogue of the part you need to replace it in the induction stove.
If the cause of the breakdown has not been established, or there are difficulties as to how to purchase and install the failed modules, it is better to turn to professionals to repair the induction stove. Also keep in mind the warranty service, the right to which you can lose if you open the unit yourself. The induction hob is a “smart” appliance and must be used with care.
Block: 18/18 | Number of characters: 1418
Number of blocks: 38 | Total number of characters: 40460Number of used donors: 6Information on each donor: