Drain and recirculation pumps of dishwashers
No matter how reliable your appliances are, they can still break down over time. If the drain pump for the dishwasher fails. it’s no big deal. Its replacement can be carried out independently in the home, but, most importantly, pick up a part identical and fully corresponding to the brand of household appliances. But if the recirculation pump for the dishwasher breaks down, it will cost a pretty hefty figure to replace.
The job of a recirculation pump is to pressurize or evacuate water and gas-air mixtures. For the dishwasher, it provides a continuous supply of water into the working chamber, spraying it through special devices for quality dishwashing. Then the water is filtered, heated and pressurized again. these are the functional duties of the main motor of the machine.
When selecting a new circulating pump, each user should look at these important factors:
The pump for the dishwasher, which is located at the bottom of the unit, is responsible for draining the waste water at the end of all work. On Bosch models, it is located next to the circulation pump in one unit, on others on top. Differs from the main pump in size, but the principle is the same, except that the first one circulates the water inside the machine, while the second one removes it into the drain.
Bosch model kitchen helpers are no less popular. So, in favor of this dishwasher, namely its latest versions, we can say the following:
- It has a large working space, allowing you to load one more set of dishes than in previous versions with identical dimensions.
- It is possible to place a separate basket for forks, spoons and other cutlery.
- A wide range of different functions, the possibility of setting more or less intensive washing in the lower compartment of the dishwasher. it’s very convenient, t.к. dirty dishes, such as pans, can be loaded into the bottom basket.
In most cases, the Bosch model dishwasher recirculation pump is easier to disassemble than to purchase a new one. To begin with it is necessary to remove the pump according to the standard scheme.
Bosch dishwasher circulating pump
After proceeding to the disassembly of the pump itself:
- separate the upper part of the recirculation device, turning it to the right;
- the lower element of the part is indestructible, so it should be put aside;
- find the broken plastic bushings on the disassembled part;
- the first bushing is at the “foot of the mushroom” and the second one is “inside the cap”. It should be noted that it is quite difficult to pick up identical bushings, so it is better to ask a locksmith for ceramic substitutes.
- Having disassembled the upper part of the mechanism, you need to clean grease and dirt from its surface. This should be done with care so as not to damage the part.
- the last step is to return the new bushings in place and install the pump head to the undismountable lower part, which you set aside earlier. This completes the repair work.
Bosch dishwashing appliances
In some cases the Bosch dishwasher circulating pump is easier to disassemble than to buy a new one.
To perform this operation, it will be necessary to remove the part according to the standard scheme:
- lay the machine on its side;
- Remove the bottom tray by unscrewing the latches;
- Disconnect the two cables: the power cable and the control cable;
- remove the volute and reverse the mechanism, taking the CPU out of the piping.
Now proceed to the disassembly of the circulation pump itself:
- The top of the pump can be easily removed by turning to the right and will need to be detached;
- The lower part of the part is not removable and must be set aside;
- On the disassembled part, you can notice the broken plastic bushings;
- One sleeve is located at the “foot of the mushroom” and the second one is inside the “hat. To find similar bushings can be quite difficult, so it is better to order ceramic substitutes from a locksmith. It is desirable to make a few extra pieces of plastic;
- When disassembling the upper part of the pump, remove grease and dirt from its surface. Act carefully so as not to damage the element;
- In the final step will need to install new bushings and attach the upper part of the pump to the deferred. At this point the repair is complete.
Bosch dishwasher pump in modern appliances.
Bosch dishwasher pump is an increasingly popular product in Russia today. And it is not an accident. In modern dishwashers Bosch of the second generation the pump drive is replaced. For example, this model series SPV-, SMV-, SPS- and similar. Now, as the circulating pump (pump) is used three-phase asynchronous electric motors, developed by Bosch engineers. In addition, this part is also used in Siemens, Neff dishwashers. What can be said about this innovation? It is ultramodern, new technologies and possibilities are applied. But. On the background of complex terms and high technology, there is a banal reduction in the cost of the unit. The metal has been replaced by plastic, the nichrome filament by sputtering, the thickness of the metal cabinet has been reduced, and so on. So, this Bosch is much different from the legendary German quality.
Bosch dishwasher pump device. what’s new?
One of the distinctive features of the inverter motor is the ability to change the frequency of rotation of the motor in a wide range. After all, in a classic motor, the speed is constant, and directly depends on the frequency of the mains. A step change in the speed of such a motor is possible with additional stator windings, but not about that now.
So, the use of inverter drive system pump allows you to smoothly change the speed of the motor. This, in turn, allows you to change the water pressure in the pump, thereby increasing the coverage of water jets in the dishwasher cabinet. This is accomplished by altering the slope of the jet with variations in pump pressure.
In addition, thanks to the technology of precise measurement of the current consumption of the inverter motor, the developers did away with the water level sensor. Now the presence of water in the dishwasher cabinet is determined by comparing the current motor current with the value stored earlier in the microcontroller memory corresponding to the empty position. This technology works in conjunction with an electronic water flow sensor (water meter) on the inlet, which provides the exact amount of water drawn. The only problem is that when the actuator bushings wear out, the clarity of this system is impaired. It causes all kinds of jams in the dishwasher.
In addition, the pump is equipped with a flow heater, which is the weakest link in this set of high technology. The thing is that the heating element is made by thin-film spraying on the surface of the tube (the blue tracks in photos 3 and 4), which is essentially a flow heater. With the smallest deviations of the heater heat output from the calculated, overheating of the sputtering filament occurs, causing it to break. Also, a heater malfunction can cause a couple of drops of water to get on the outside of the heater, where the sputtering is located, thereby arranging a short circuit. Where do they come from?? There are several variants, because everything is not made very reliably in these dishwashers. The leakage can occur both in the place where the heating element is attached to the pump volute, and in the area where the bowl is attached to the bottom of the dishwasher cabinet.
Ariston dishwashing appliances
If the circulation pump for an Ariston dishwasher breaks, then to disconnect it will be necessary to lay the appliance on its side, remove the lower part of the bottom by detaching the latches. The next step is to disconnect the power cable and remove the broken part along with the fixture. After removing it, you need to pinch the stop with your fingers, which holds the pump in the volute, and turn the part counterclockwise. Done.
Circulation pump for Ariston dishwasher
In order to install a serviceable CN in place, you need to do all the previous operations in reverse order:
- Insert the appliance into the snail, turning it clockwise until you hear a click;
- Install the finished construction in its old place and connect the power wire. The control wire must also be connected;
- Return the bottom with the pan to its original position and place the machine upright.
Read also: What do you most often need to repair in your dishwasher. Common dishwasher breakdowns
So replacing the dishwasher circulating pump is not a complicated procedure. Willingness and focus are enough to correctly replace a failed part. To check if the replacement is correct, plug the appliance in and check how successfully the water starts to circulate through the system. If you hear a characteristic low humming sound and the machine works in standard mode, all operations are performed correctly.
Bosch model kitchen helpers are no less popular. So, in favor of this dishwasher, namely its latest versions, we can say the following:
- The presence of a large working space, which allows you to load one more set of dishes than in previous versions with identical dimensions.
- It is possible to place a separate basket for forks, spoons and other cutlery.
- A wide range of different functions, the possibility of setting more or less intensive washing in the lower compartment of the dishwasher. this is quite convenient, t.к. Soiled dishes, such as pans, can be loaded into the lower basket.
In most cases, the Bosch model dishwasher recirculation pump is easier to disassemble than buying a new one. To begin, you will need to remove the pump according to the standard procedure.
Bosch dishwasher circulation pump
After proceeding to disassembly of the pump itself:
- Separate the top of the recirculation unit by turning it to the right;
- the bottom piece is non-detachable, so it has to be put aside;
- Find the broken plastic bushings on the disassembled part;
- The first sleeve is at the “foot of the mushroom” and the second sleeve is “inside the hat”. It should be noted that to pick up identical bushings is difficult enough, so it is better to ask a locksmith for ceramic substitutes.
- by disassembling the upper part of the mechanism, grease and dirt should be cleaned from its surface. It should be done with care so as not to damage the part.
- The last step is to put the new bushings back in place and install the pump head to the undisassembled lower part that you had previously set aside. At this point the repair work is complete.
How to check the dishwasher pump at home
All information on this web site is the property of “MASTER-DETAIL” Ltd. All rights to materials contained on this site are protected by law, including the Law on Copyright and Related Rights. Any use of materials, including photos, from the site is prohibited without written permission of MASTER-DETAIL Company. It is not a public offer. The manufacturer reserves the right at any time and without notice to change the appearance, configuration and specifications of the product without impairing its properties.
How to check the Ten and the Drain Pump of a Dishwasher
How to check the Ten and the Drain Pump of the Dishwasher
Dishwasher pump drain maintenance. The drain pump is designed to drain water from the dishwasher.
The drain pump is located under the bottom of the dishwasher.
If the dishwasher is not emptying or you hear unpleasant noises when emptying you need to check the drain pump.
You could be blocked in the drain pipes. If the dishwasher drain ducts are clean, the dishwasher drain pump itself should be checked.
Heating element maintenance.
The heating element is used to heat the water to a pre-set temperature depending on the program. The heating element is also used when drying dishes in the dishwasher.
In the majority of modern dishwashers, the heating element is located in the bottom under the bottom (if it is a flow-through type).
If the heating element is not of the flow type, it is located inside the dishwasher body and looks like a curved tube. The heating element doesn’t break down very often, but it can burn out.
How to Repair the Circulation Pump in a Dishwasher
How to repair the circulation pump in a dishwasher
Dishwashers are complicated appliances. And breakdowns are often caused by the pump or pump malfunctioning Askoll, Bleckmann dishwashers.
The main cause of breakdowns is the wear and tear of the graphite bushings. Figuring out where in the pump there are bushings, and replacing them with new ones, it is possible to repair the heat or circulating pump of dishwashers Ariston Indezit Bosch Beko Siemens Whirlpool Electrolux Zanussi.
The circulation pump is located under the bottom of the dishwasher. To repair a dishwasher pump, you must remove it from the machine and replace the graphite sleeves with new ones of the same type, brand and size.
Circulation pumps circulate water by taking it from the bottom of the dishwasher and pumping it back into the spray arms, recirculating the water each time.
Pump has two working components, inlet and outlet. These, and other components, can become clogged with food or detergent.
Easier to understand dishwasher design and repair will help
Turn the dishwasher upside down. Remove the bottom (unscrew the screws).
Disconnect wires. Remove all connections, inlets and outlets. Put all the parts in the order you disassemble them so that you can reassemble them properly in the reverse order.
Clean all parts thoroughly with a weak detergent solution. If any parts are worn, replace them with new ones designed specifically for dishwashers.
Read more: All AEG washing machine errors. causes and repair
Replace the seals, such as O-rings or other washers, with new ones.
Reassemble the pump, keeping the sequence of parts in reverse order.
A stuck drain hose check valve might be the reason your dishwasher won’t drain! It was for me.
Dishwasher pump pump repair involves disassembling it, repairing and reassembling it. In circulating pumps, the rotor is held in place by graphite sleeves by friction bearings.
Over time, the bushings wear out, and the graphite bushings need to be replaced with new ones of the same type, grade and size.
It’s not hard to do, basically the nozzle on the rotor screws off and the bushings are easy to change. If it doesn’t unscrew, watch the video below.
Graphite is resistant to most solvents and other chemicals. Graphite bushings do not swell or soften, as opposed to engineering plastic products.
How To Replace A Dishwasher Drain Pump
Self-lubricating graphite bushings are ideal for applications where conventional lubricants cannot be used. Video on how to replace graphite bushings on Askoll, Bleckmann circulating heat pump dishwashers Ariston Indezit Bosch Beko Siemens Whirlpoolux Electrolux Zanussi:
How to resume the drain in the dishwasher
Let’s consider in detail how to proceed if you find a clog or malfunction with the electronic control.
Cleaning the filter
The same problem happens in all brands of washing machines: Beko, Ariston, Virpool, Zanussi, Krona. All you need to do is carry out a periodic cleaning. But first drain the water from the hopper. Prepare a deep pan, disconnect the hose and run the drain. Check at the same time that the hopper pipe and the drains are blocked.
Always disconnect the appliance from the power supply before carrying out any works.
- Open the hopper door.
- Take out the dish baskets.
- Unscrew and pull out the filter. It is located at the bottom of the compartment.
- Take out the strainer, which is located underneath.
- Clean debris from the parts and rinse under pressure from the faucet.
- Remove the pump cover, put on gloves and check the impeller. perhaps it was blocked by glass fragments. Depending on the model of the automatic oven, the pump cover may be secured by a latch or screw.
Start the cycle. The water won’t drain again? Then continue checking.
Some users complain that there is water in the salt reservoir. Is it supposed to stay there?? It is a normal phenomenon. Pour salt into the compartment and start the wash cycle.
Check the drain pump
If there is water in the dishwasher, it’s time to check the pump. To get to it, dismantle it and inspect it, you will have to disassemble the dishwasher. The operation may be different for DAEWOO, Whirlpool, Candy, Hansa brands. We will describe the general sequence:
- There is water in the tray underneath after washing. If you have already drained the main part from the drain hose, tilt the dishwasher slightly so that the residue flows into the container. Now use a sponge to remove the water from the filter.
- Turn the machine upside down on its back.
- Remove the screws that hold the bottom cover.
- On the other side, the leak detector is attached to it. So disconnect it by unscrewing the bolt.
- Disconnect the wiring from the pump, unscrew the mounting screws.
- Check to see if the impeller rotates. If not, you need to replace it.
- In addition, measure the resistance with a multimeter, connect the probes to the pump contacts. Normal reading is 200 ohms.
If the pump is clogged, the water doesn’t drain out and stays in the pan. To correct it, it is enough to eliminate the cause of the blockage.
Pressostat (level sensor) malfunction
If water remains on the bottom of the dishwasher, the pump does not pump out the rest, the reason could be the level sensor. When one of its parts is defective, the unit gives incorrect readings. The control board receives no signal of the problem, so it doesn’t send a command to turn on the pump.
If you have already checked the pump, go for the pressostat. The level sensor is also located under the bottom and is a plastic box which is connected by a pressure tube. Disconnect the tube with pliers, remove the fastening screws, remove the sensor. Checked for malfunction? Then replace the part with a new one, because the broken one can not be repaired.
All modern models of Electrolux, Siemens, Hotpoint Ariston have an electronic module. It is the “brain” of a dishwasher, which controls the operation of all systems. The board can be damaged by a power surge or moisture. Sometimes the module can be repaired if one of the elements is defective. But do not try to fix it with your own hands, leave this matter to the experts.
Now you know the reasons why the water does not come off the tray or remains in the hopper.
Repairing serviceable dishwashers
No paradoxes. Dishwasher troubleshooting can be necessary if the dishwasher is in full technical working order. And this kind of problems are the most frequent and unpleasant.
The washer breaks
The first is that the car is electrocuted. The first suspicion, of course, is the water heating element. But its testing with multimeter is unlikely to yield anything. Like “cranking” with an induction megger (megger) or a leakage test under operating voltage (see. Fig.(maximum permissible leakage current is 0.2 mA or 200 µA).
“The capacitive leakage current is probably caused by the fact that the ground contacts of kitchen sockets are hanging in the air and the automatic oven is not grounded. Automated circuit breakers do not respond to capacitive current (except for expensive electronic RCDs), i.e.к. Capacitive leakage does not disturb the phase-neutral current balance. But under certain conditions, its current can reach a dangerous value. Not so long ago there was a big story in the news: a woman was electrocuted when she sat down on an ungrounded washing machine for a thrill.
No use in presenting claims in this case. you will also lose your warranty for flagrant violation of the rules of operation of potentially dangerous equipment. But to solve the problem now is possible.
At present, the residential electric utility has been completely and permanently transferred from the power supply services (RPS, etc.) to the.п.). Т.е., The competence of the city’s electricians and sootv. The sanctions for violations of the Electrical Code, PTU and PTB end with the connection of the feeder to the house main switchboard (input and distribution board). The HME, the DEZ, the condominium, etc. Electricians also must comply with the rules of the device, technical operation and safety for electric installation of consumers, but have the right to interpret them within certain limits, and they have no right to punish consumers-abusers without a court order.
What this is all about? To the fact that the connection of the apartment grounding to the circuit of the house worker is no longer a terrible sin, severely punishable by terrible penalties. if this event is properly drawn up and performed by a competent specialist. Of course, you shouldn’t ground all your outlets in an apartment, because in terms of trouble, expense and destruction it is the same as replacing the wiring. But to worm the grounding conductor from the switchboard in the stairwell to the outlets in the kitchen and possibly in the bathroom is now realistic, and organizationally and technically. new buildings under the new SNIP necessarily provided consumer protective earthing circuit, and the old Soviet RESov contours were built with a monstrous margin of safety. And if the points of connection of potentially dangerous installations are grounded, you can without any wizardry put RCD (ground fault interrupter) and fearlessly use the boiler, washing machine, sink and microwave. Especially the last one. Blessed are those who do not know how it “siphons” microwave without grounding. From all this follows an uncomplicated and not particularly costly procedure:
- Visit a representative of the building’s operator or, in smaller communities, a utility emergency service;
- Outline the problem, ask who can ground it;
- Turn to a specified specialist, negotiate, make and pay for the work, live quietly;
- An alternative, in fairly large cities. to see ads for services of electricians who do the grounding of the turnkey, t.е. With the registration of all the necessary papers. Chances are, you will find a firm whose employees regularly work in the same utility alarm. Do not be indignant: they know their job, the main work is not the honey, and the salary is not high.
The miser pays the price.
in this case not twice, but 4-5 times, if not more, because the master, called for emergency repairs, will probably call the amount of payment with a surcharge “for the chucklehead. And it starts with the fact that not to the extent zealous hostess decides to buy pamphlets for automatic dishwasher overpriced, once over there, on the shelf, there is a bottle of liquid detergent for dishes. Further, on the advice of the frog tsarevna, a friend or sootv. After a short time the dishwasher stops beeping (maybe it beeps) and displays a code of some kind of malfunction (see info from internet). The lady of the house cuts out a small circle from kitchen sponge the size of a detergent tablet, impregnates it with Fairy or whatever she has, puts it in the dishwasher, loads it and switches on.
After a short time, the dishwasher stops, beeps (maybe) and displays a code of some kind of malfunction (see the. below). The hostess is a modern woman, intelligent, determined and confident. She does not panic, but looks through the user manual to find out what it means. Finds something like, “No circulation,” “No washer fluid in the flow tank”. Nothing leaks out of the car, though. The hostess, according to the same owner’s manual, unplugs the machine, waits until the door unlocks, and pulls it open.
And then what happens is shown in the picture., And that’s not the biggest disaster yet. It’s very simple: the spinning sprays whipped up the whole detergent solution into a foam no worse than a decent foam generator. the regular solid detergent doesn’t foam. The pressure/level sensor tripped, shutting off the circulation pump and blocking the machine. Every wise man has his chance of simplicity. the pump even from a short run without cooling (see plugging the. further) often burns out, and its replacement is added to the already hefty repair cost. Which even without complicating circumstances pulls up to 30-40% of the cost of a new dishwasher.