Do not confuse a steam iron with a steam generator. They are very different appliances. The principle of operation of a simple iron with a thermocouple:
- Pour 100-200 ml of water into the special hole in the handle;
- Plug the plug into the socket;
- Wait a while for the iron to warm up and then start ironing;
- press the button on the top of the handle to release a portion of steam.
When the water has boiled over, you must unplug the appliance, wait for the ironing plate to cool slightly and then refill the liquid in the tank.
The steam station consists of an iron, a soleplate and an electronic control unit. The devices are connected to each other by a heat-resistant tube and cable.
The soles are electronic steam generators. This is where you put the water in. Built into the body of the tank, the control unit changes the physical state of the liquid, turning it into steam.
Advantages of electromagnetic water valves
The main advantage of the device is the ability to regulate the flow of the working environment remotely and quickly. Without electromagnetic closures the operation of complex technological systems and simple domestic appliances such as coffee machines and washing machines would be impossible.
- Connect solenoid valves to centralized and automated control systems. Increase many times the accuracy and efficiency of parameter adjustments compared to manual operation.
- Reduce labor costs for process control.
- Increase operational safety and eliminate human exposure to harmful factors in the work environment.
- Increase the efficiency of domestic appliances and production plants by precise and rapid control of media flows and parameters.
The important advantages of solenoid actuators over electric motors and gearboxes are the absence of gear and worm gears, the extreme simplicity of the device and minimum moving parts.
This ensures high reliability of equipment, minimum wear and long service life.
The disadvantage of this type of device is that it cannot be adjusted steplessly. Only two positions are provided: open and closed.
How to check the solenoid valve in the steam generator
Steam generator. a necessary device. Helps get rid of creases in clothes. Steam treats even the most finicky fabrics. The technique is used for cleaning furniture and even to combat bedbugs.
So when a device fails, it causes certain inconvenience, because you need to repair the steam generator.
If the breakage is not serious, it can be repaired with your own hands. Other situations require professional help.
Repair of Comel steam generators
The heating element of Comel steam generator heats the boiler. To protect the heating element from overheating and failure at it sets thermostat and thermal fuse. If your steam generator does not heat up the water in the boiler or the RCD blows out when you turn on the steam generator, the boiler heating element may be broken and must be replaced.
Comel steam irons steam button. Steam delivery to the steam generator iron. If when you press the button steam does not flow into the iron, it may be faulty.
The indicator light on your Comel steam generator shows you when the steam generator is ready for operation.
|COMEL UNIKA INOX steam generator|
|Steam regulator Boiler capacity: 1.5 l Steam pressure: 2.5 Bar Boiler power: 1000 W Iron power: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|Steam generator COMEL NUVOLA 308|
|Steam regulator Boiler capacity: 3.5 l Steam pressure: 3 Bar Boiler power: 1800 W Iron power: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|Steam generator COMEL PRATIKA|
|Steam regulator Visual control of water level Boiler capacity: 4.5 l Steam pressure: 2.5 Bar Boiler power: 1800 W Iron power: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|Steam generator COMEL PRATIKA COMPLETA|
|Steam regulator Visual control of water level Pump capacity: 370 W Water tank 10 l water tank Capacity of boiler: 4.5 l Steam pressure: 2.5 Bar Boiler capacity: 1800 W Iron capacity: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|COMEL FB/F steam generator|
|Boiler capacity: 7 liters Steam regulator Automatic water pumping Connecting 2 irons Steam pressure: 3 Bar Boiler power: 42 kW Iron power: 800 W Pump power: 370 W Water tank: 20 l Water tank Voltage: 220-380 V|
The basic faults of Comel steam generators, as well as possible causes and solutions are listed in the table below:
Silter Steam Generator Repair
Emergency valve cover. Prevents the steam generator boiler from overpressurizing as a result of a pressure switch failure.
Steam button on the Silter steam iron. Brings steam into the iron of the steam generator. If pressing the button does not bring steam to the iron, it may be faulty.
Thermostat in the Silter steam generator boiler protects the boiler from overheating when the water runs out. Is responsible for triggering the alarm for lack of water in the boiler.
|Steam generator SILTER Super Mini 2000|
|Boiler capacity: 1 liter Steam pressure: 2.5 Bar Boiler capacity: 1000 W Iron capacity: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|Steam generator SILTER Super Mini 2002|
|Boiler capacity: 2 l Steam pressure: 2.5 Bar Boiler output: 1000 W Iron output: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|Steam generator SILTER Super Mini 2035|
|Water boiler capacity: 3.5 l Steam pressure: 2.5 bar Boiler capacity: 1250 W Iron capacity: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|Steam generator SILTER Super Mini 2005E|
|Steam regulator Boiler capacity: 5L Steam pressure: 3.5 bar Boiler output: 2250 W Iron output: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|Steam generator SILTER Super Mini 2075|
|Steam regulator Boiler capacity: 7.5 l Steam pressure: 2.5 bar Boiler power: 2500 W Iron power: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|Steam generator SILTER Super Magma 1035|
|Boiler capacity: 3.5 l Steam pressure: 2.5 Bar Boiler capacity: 1250 W Iron capacity: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|SILTER Super Mini 2101A ironing system|
|Active working surface Boiler volume: 1 L Steam pressure: 2.5 Bar Capacity of the boiler: 1000 W Capacity of the iron: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
|SILTER Super Mini 2135A(AGP) ironing system|
|Active working surface Boiler capacity: 3.5 l Steam pressure: 2.5 bar Boiler capacity: 1250 W Ironing capacity: 800 W Voltage: 220 V|
The main malfunctions of Silter steam generators, as well as possible causes and solutions are given in the table below:
Fault Finding a Tylo Steam Generator | Andy’s Answers
Find the cause of malfunction
Steam generator is a device that transforms liquid into high temperature dry steam. The device is used to steam clothes and clean upholstered furniture. The density of materials and the size of things don’t matter too much.
Steam generators can steam linens, silk, wool and denim. The appliance does not touch the things, so you need not fear for their integrity.
All models have an electric control box, a stand, a station and an iron. Undoubtedly, the steam generators of the famous brand Tefal are versatile and stylish in appearance. Sometimes, however, the appliance gets “naughty”.
The main causes of malfunctions are presented below.
- No steam. The heating element is broken or the problem is in the contacts. The water heater circuit breaker could also be broken. In addition, the button, which is responsible for the steam supply, may be broken. Often the lack of steam is caused by a build-up of limescale and scale inside the tank. To combat the trouble, the use of special agents (Calgon, “Anti-limescale” or citric acid) is suitable. Another reason for the failure of steam is considered poor quality parts. Budget models that have flimsy plastic elements, very quickly fall into disrepair.
- Does not turn on. Most often the cause is in the wiring. One of the wires in the cord is broken, or the problem is in the thermal fuse or the heating element.
- Water droplets appeared under the steam station. One of the parts is leaking or has broken. It is also possible that the appliance is overfilled with water. Liquid must be poured strictly to the specified level. In addition, the cause of the appearance of water lies in improper operation. The thing is that often the owner of the steam generator in a hurry and turns on the steam, when the iron soleplate has not yet reached the required temperature. It is important for the appliance to heat up.
- “Spits”. If the household appliance sprays water instead of steam, it is most often due to a faulty valve.
In addition to the above failures, owners of steam generators can also face the following situations:
- No pressure adjustment. The switch is defective;
- The steam temperature has changed for the worse. the problem is in the overheated fuse, which is responsible for the temperature, the thermostat is broken;
- the liquid is not heated. deposits formed on the vessel walls;
- red light constantly on. sensor failure;
- steam is coming through the valve. insufficient amount of liquid;
- white spots are visible on the soleplate. scale has accumulated inside the appliance.
It is better to entrust the steam generator repair to a specialist. However, some faults can be repaired with your own hands.
Repair of steam generators with their own hands
Steam generator has become for many people an indispensable household appliance. With its help you can quickly iron even badly wrinkled laundry after washing, smooth out creases on outerwear, vertical drapes, treat the surfaces of upholstered furniture. As a rule, these devices are reliable and long serve as helpers in the home, but it also happens that the technique has a breakdown. Serious faults will require professional service repair, and minor defects can try to fix themselves.
Dear Professionals! Help, please. Changed the solenoid valve, but it is leaking steam, what glue to “plant” it, or what do you use in this case?
Hello. Automotive heat sealant, or plumbing fum tape, but if using fum tape, experience is desirable. If you are not sure, it is better to ask an expert.
Screw (tighten) the valve to the end and use special thread glue (500 bottle). Glue drying time 1 day.
Where is the leakage?? Did you change the valve together with the spool?Or just the coil?
There may be damage to the threaded joint, here on the amateur who works with what, one uses automotive sealant, high temperature, the second condensate, the third master argues and does as in the old days, even with the help of Soviet-era winding,
Good evening! Try to replace the valve, or you have a clog in the system
There is a special threadlocker in the form of glue. You may also have damaged the threads or it may be rotten (((
The steam generator makes a strange noise when the boiler is running more than a year ago The Philips GC9635/20 steam generators
Good Morning. The Philips GC 9635/20 steam generator makes a strange noise when the boiler is turned on and running (in addition to boiling water as in an electric.
Mildew in the steam generator more than a year ago Philips PerfectCare Aqua GC8600 series steam generators
Hello. In the steam generator in the water tank, mold has formed. Can you tell me how to get rid of it??
The iron handle has been on for more than a year Philips PerfectCare Aqua GC8600 series Steam Generators
Good Morning. Philips GC8600 series iron stopped delivering steam, but after repairing it all works well, but the handle began to glow red.
Advantages of electromagnetic water valves
The main advantage of the device is the ability to remotely and quickly control the flow of the working environment. Without solenoid valves it is impossible to operate complex technological systems and simple household appliances such as coffee makers and washing machines.
- Connect solenoid valves to centralized and automated control systems. This increases the accuracy and efficiency of parameter adjustments many times over in comparison to manual operation.
- Reduce labor costs for process control.
- Increase operational safety and eliminate exposure of the operator to harmful factors of the working environment.
- Increase efficiency of operation of household appliances and production plants by precise and quick control of media flows and their parameters.
The important advantages of solenoid actuators over electric motors and reduction gears are the absence of gear and worm gears, extreme simplicity of the device and minimum moving parts.
This ensures high reliability of the equipment, minimum wear and tear and a long service life.
The disadvantage of this type of devices is the impossibility of continuously adjusting the degree of opening of the shutter. Only two positions are provided: “open” and “closed.