A contrast shower before removing hair
Take a contrast shower before you cut your hair with a razor. The alternation of warm and cool water will cause goosebumps, which will help hairs that have not yet broken through to come out. And before you shave, reinsert warm water and stand under it to get the goosebumps off. Otherwise you’ll cut off the bumps and you’ll end up with wounds. Proper use of a contrast shower will ensure a longer lasting shave and relieve redness. The best place to do it is after a visit to a sauna or a sauna. that’s where the temperature contrast! But going to the sauna as a hairy woman is somehow embarrassing If irritation appeared after the procedure, then again take a shower with contrast. This way you release the regrowing hairs again and they will not traumatize the skin.
What is irritation?
In the process of hair removal, regardless of the method chosen, there may be micro-traumas, violate the protective functions of the epidermis, and as a response of the skin, there is itching, red spots, cracks. For example, irritation after waxing can occur with the wrong temperature wax. The use of depilatory cream often causes allergic reactions. It happens that the skin reacts red rash. it’s folliculitis. In such cases, you should use an antiseptic agent.
Smoothly gone: how to quickly relieve irritation after depilation?
What 90% of women on the planet have in common is redness, cuts and unpleasant rashes after depilation. Inflammatory spots that form a continuous zone of infection. And it usually appears at the moment when it is urgent to go out with bare feet, to the beach, or on a date. How to avoid these problems?
Aloe. The most effective natural remedy that instantly soothes irritated skin and relieves redness is aloe vera. Ideally use a natural gel taken straight from the plant’s leaves which helps speed up regeneration so your skin feels cool. If you can’t find the pure product on hand, a moisturising cream based on it with a high concentration of the product can be used.
herbs. If immediately after shaving there are cuts and redness on the skin, moisten a cotton ball or disc in a cool infusion of chamomile or sage to bring the affected area back to feeling.
Ice. Another home method is to rub the skin with an ice cube after a few minutes of hair removal. In this way, you shrink the pores and relieve puffiness. What you shouldn’t do is take a bath or hot shower. high temperature water increases irritation of the dermis. Another misconception is that the “healing” sea water, the salt is a strong irritant, so you should still postpone the bathing.
Essential oils. The Australian trick. essential oils of peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus. These oils not only have antiseptic and nourishing effects, but they also help to slow down the growth of unwanted hairs and cope with ingrown hairs. The easiest way to use any of the oils is to soak a piece of cloth in clean water, drop a few drops of oil on it (such as tea oil and mint) and wipe your skin. Even heavy redness is gone after a couple of hours.
Hydrogen peroxide. At home we have long been accustomed to the fact that any cuts and wounds should be immediately treated with hydrogen peroxide. But for some reason we rarely use this well-known “trick” as a beauty tool. Meanwhile, it instantly stops bleeding from cuts with the machine and prevents infection. But it has a big disadvantage, traces of caked blood, so you’re likely to be covered in “mottled” blood for the first couple of hours. To soften the result, immediately after treating the skin with peroxide, lubricate it with moisturizing cream.
Thermal water. If you manage to do without bloodshed during epilation, you can refresh a slightly shocked epidermis with cooled thermal water.
How to relieve irritation after epilation improvised means
Removing unwanted hairs. one of the main points of care for women. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for the depilation procedure to not go completely smoothly, causing discomfort, itching or the problem of ingrown hairs. We will tell you how to get rid of irritation from epilation and what are the ways to prevent it.
Smooth skin without irritation and inflammation. the limit of every woman’s dreams
How to avoid irritation (action before the procedure)
To minimize the skin reaction to the waxing procedure and painless, it should be prepared in advance. As preparatory steps to wax depilation stand out:
- Exfoliation. Timely exfoliation of keratinized skin with a scrub or a rough loofah is the best prevention of ingrown hairs.
- Moisturizing. In case of increased post-epilation dryness and flaking special attention should be paid to intensive moisturizing of the skin on the eve of the procedure. The daily application of moisturizing cream (to smear it twice a day) for 1 week before waxing will avoid tightness of the skin, discomfort, and prevent the formation of cracks, respectively, the risk of unpleasant reactions after procedures will be minimized.
- Absorption. On the eve of hair removal by waxing strips, it is important to treat the skin with powder or talcum powder. Talc is an absolute absorbent that absorbs moisture and also disinfects the skin. Talc also provides a protective barrier between the skin and the wax paste, which prevents the wax from strongly sticking to the skin and protect it from damage.
How to properly perform the procedure
Skin irritation after removal of unwanted vegetation can occur due to non-compliance with the rules of the procedure. Wax depilation, shugaring and laser hair removal are the most in demand. Let’s talk about them in more detail.
Hair removal with wax is an easy procedure that can be performed at home. To minimize irritation:
- The length of the hairs should not be less than 0.5 cm;
- Warmed wax is applied to the body against the growth of hair;
- remove the wax plate strictly along the hair growth.
Wax depilation is considered the most painful procedure.
Recently, shugaring. one of the most popular procedures for removing body hair.
- The use of hypoallergenic mixture (sugar, lemon juice, water);
- Suitable for sensitive skin;
- Minimal painful sensations;
- no ingrown hairs.
Just knead the paste in your hands for a few seconds to make the mixture soft and supple. Then it is applied to the skin and rolled for 10 seconds, capturing the desired hairs. The resulting apilikatsiyu sharp movement of the hand removed along the hairline. After the session, the skin is washed with warm water and moisturizer is applied.
Minus shugaring that after 3-4 weeks, unwanted vegetation re-appears on the body.
Laser hair removal. a quick way to get rid of body hair once and for all. This procedure is performed only in beauty centers and salons, and performing such procedures in a private masters is extremely undesirable.
The laser beam penetrates deep into the dermis, heating the cells that contain melanin. It results in the destruction of the hair follicle. The procedure is fast enough. It takes 10 to 15 minutes to remove facial moustaches. The treatment of the bikini zone takes 20 to 25 minutes.
The main condition for the successful performance of laser hair removal. the right length of the hairs. They should not be about 1.5-2.5 mm.
Advice from a cosmetologist! Laser hair removal is a reliable way to remove hair from the body. The advantages of the procedure are obvious: minimal pain, long effect, short duration of the session, absence of ingrown hairs.
Ways to eliminate irritation
The skin on various areas of the face and body reacts differently to hair removal. For example, the skin of the legs becomes dry, and in the bikini area may appear inflammatory elements.
After hair removal, moisturize your skin with soothing cream. © iStock
A frequent companion of irritation after epilation. small inflammatory rashes. This is folliculitis. To prevent it, after hair removal with wax, tweezers, or cream treat your skin with antiseptic.
If you’ve experienced skin irritation on your legs, arms, or body after using a razor, liberally apply a soothing cream to the areas you’ve treated.
From irritation after waxing or electroepilator help ordinary baby powder or any talcum powder product.
GOT MY SKIN WAXED OFF | How to Correct Redness
Never wet the skin after epilation (the procedure of hair removal from the root): moisture can increase the negative reaction of the skin. To prevent or reduce inflammation, use talcum powder.
Irritation after epilation: how to remove and prevent the consequences of hair removal
The problem of irritation after waxing is faced by many girls. Whichever tool you choose an epilator, wax or razor, none of them can perfectly remove hairs to eliminate redness, itching or red spots on the body. Of course, it’s easier to prevent irritation than to fight it later. But if you happen to have spots of inflammation on your skin after epilation, you can remove them with tried-and-true homemade remedies.
How to avoid?
Proper preparation for waxing will reduce the extent of its manifestation. A well-cleaned and pre-prepared skin will thank you. The following useful recommendations can be highlighted:
Red & Swollen Upper Lip From Wax : Beauty & Grooming Tips
- Scrub your skin with a scrub before you remove hairs, about 24 hours beforehand. The abrasive particles will remove dead skin cells and “open up” the path to the root of the hair. It’ll clear the path to the hair follicle. Use a scrub a couple of hours before or immediately before the procedure. If your skin is very sensitive and thin, it is best to do it a few hours in advance.
- Clean the skin with a disinfectant. it can be hydrogen peroxide, alcohol up to 70 degrees, “Miramistin” or any drugstore product.
- You can pre-boil your skin. Then the hair follicles will be easier to pass through the open pores on its surface, and they will traumatize the skin less. The steaming method is not always praised by cosmetologists.
- If you use an epilator, you can severely cool your skin. Then painful sensations will be additionally reduced, because the reaction of nerve endings on the body will be blunted.
- After the procedure necessarily apply on the “affected” waxed parts of the body moisturizing cream: “Bepanten”, “Panthenol”, a regular baby. it does not matter. It is good if the product contains soothing ingredients. Aloe vera, plant extracts.
- Before going to the cosmetic office, do not visit the sauna or bath for 3 days. It is not recommended to perform steaming procedures, but it is even necessary to take a shower.
Treatment options to get rid of redness after waxing. Dr. Rasya Dixit
After epilation is not recommended:
- bathe the skin for 2-3 hours (it is desirable to refrain longer. up to 12 hours);
- sunbathe for 2-3 days;
- Use a scrub (you can only after a day or two, not before);
- Use alcoholic tinctures and lotions.
The place which has been subjected to the procedure, cosmetologists recommend to leave in a natural state and provide comfort and rest. For example, do not wear underwear and choose loose cotton clothing (if you had bikini hair removal), do not wear tight-fitting pants and tights (when removing hair on the legs).
The facial area is particularly sensitive, and irritation over the upper lip or eyebrow area is the most unpleasant consequence of epilation. To get rid of the redness that has already formed, beauticians recommend treating the area with thermal water or a mild alcohol-free tonic. You can use the usual peroxide or decoction of herbs. They also recommend freezing herbal decoctions in cubes, which not only help to urgently relieve irritation, but are also useful in the daily care of the dermis.
If the redness is so bad that it causes discomfort, pain, or if it has resulted in spots or pigmentation, then it is a serious reason to see a cosmetologist or dermatologist. An infection may have entered the skin.