The following rules should be followed for the successful brooding process of birds:
- Monitor the temperature inside the incubator at regular intervals. Also remember to replenish the water (if need be, first disconnect the unit from the mains).
- Make sure the automatic incubator system does not malfunction and turns the incubation material at each time of the set interval.
- Occasionally rotate the eggs inside the incubator. Swap the ones near the wall with the ones in the center. This is necessary because there is a difference in temperature gradient throughout the system (the temperature may be a fraction of a degree higher in the center than at the edges). And remember, it is better to roll the eggs, as lifting them may damage the embryo tissues.
- Two days before the end of incubation it is forbidden to turn the eggs.
- During the entire incubation period it is necessary to control the development of eggs twice. This is done with the help of an ovoscope and an electric lamp (150-200W). On the 7th-8th day when looking at the egg with an ovoscope a small black spot should appear in the yolk. On day 11-13 the whole egg should be dark. Such indicators are signs of normal biological development of the chicks. If the egg remains light at the second viewing, it is a “chatterbox” and should be removed from the incubator.
- If during the operation of autoclub will lose power it is necessary to use a gasoline generator or move the device to a warm place and cover it with a thick cloth.
- If small chicks will break through the shells a day earlier it is necessary to reduce the temperature of the incubator by 0.5°C. If the young emerge late, the temperature is increased by 0.5 °C.
- When the first chicks emerge, they should be set aside in a warm place (37 ° C) for about 7-10 days. The heating can be done with the help of lamps.
- After completing the incubation procedure, the unit should be thoroughly rinsed and stored.
The key to successful breeding of chickens, goslings, ducklings, broilers, quail and musk ducks is proper feeding
Types of ventilation for incubators
Most often, the provision of air exchange is made through vents, which are equipped with additional devices. sensors and fans. This system can function with three different ventilation schemes:
There are three ventilation systems in an incubator: natural, permanent, and intermittent
Equipping with natural ventilation has more disadvantages than advantages. Although fully independent of electrical power it takes longer to ventilate the incubator.
And in the last days of embryo development it is very dangerous. The most effective air exchange must be provided during this period, which a natural draught would not be able to do. The only way out is to apply the fans.
Automatic Poultry Hatchery || 1 लाख मुर्गी की Hatchery ना देखी होगी || Hello Kisaan
There are fewer disadvantages to constant and periodic ventilation. Such circuits work by means of artificially created draft without risky heat loss.
The main thing is to make the correct preliminary calculations, which will ensure the highest quality and uniform heating of the eggs with the air exchange. Without them, all efforts will be in vain: the number of dead embryos and birds with developmental defects will increase.
Update incubator layer hatchery for 104 eggs installation of fans with their own hands
On request, I finalized the incubator. For the best hatchability. You need a uniform warming. The Nesushka BI-1 incubator has a disadvantage. uneven heating. The solution to this problem. installation of fans. And the hatch will be much better and the temperature will be uniform throughout the volume of the incubator. To develop the channel. https://www.donationalerts.com/r/gnomvolga
My Channel. https://goo.gl/mckDjR Link to My New Channel. https://ur-l.ru/ls6. Live simply. Just live. My YouTube community. https://goo-gl.Phone for questions: 902-650-00-53 Andrei
OK Group. https://ok.ru/gnomvolga Group. https://vk.com/club141071119 My blog: https://fermer.ru/blog/56437 https://www.instagram.com/gnomvolga/
Bird. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO980TB8TFKQSA7FD39c0D-H Garden and garden. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO93x_JXvHaFkZsVJap5LAQo Livestock and pets. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO-QyMFmKCh4Ljd2Jak3GKGe Hobbies and lifestyle. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO_Xb148D9PBQ7GpFeMszmTv All about mushrooms from GnomVolga. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO9f61o2uH4CLP3W_zyscH1d Tips for beginner poultry farmers. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO9PPRpBfgANd9fPAWM54ISz Давай худеем и с пользой для здоровья. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO-TXw8xhd9CwxJq0XSaSAbQ GnomVolga with a knife and in the kitchen. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO9ukVD-DpiRnAYGxXOGr9Ob Cheese, cheese-making GnomVolga. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO-V4QLByeXtv9kKNa0OwTB
A century of living, a century of learning. And this is the truth! My TV Channel. https://goo.gl/mckDjR
Good day to you all, friends!
My husband and I decided this year to increase the flock of poultry in our small backyard. Hope that the young will be bred layers, unreliable way. The price of chickens on the market is quite bearable: broilers-65 day-old broilers, hens-85, turkeys and goslings-200 came to the decision that we buy broilers and layers will try to incubate themselves.
Manufacturer: Electro Household Goods Factory
Price 4700r (the price may vary depending on all sorts of options)
Power supply voltage220±10%
Power consumption from 220 V, W45
Power consumption from a 12V battery, W44
Time of work from the battery, hour 15
Interval of egg flipping, 0-8 hours
Temperature variation inside the incubator, °C1
Automatic switchover to 12V battery power Yes
Incubator with the capacity for 77 hen eggs;
Digital thermostat available;
However, it is a very useful option, so that at the most inopportune moment did not have to rush about the house in search of something to cover the incubator to keep the heat)
On the bottom we put the plastic insert. It is where the water needs to be poured (and later topped up) in order to maintain the necessary humidity inside the incubator:
We poured the water practically blindly. It is impossible to pour (well, if only to pour “out of the blue”) because the liner is set up on the principle of communicating vessels.
Install the grate, connect the auto-rotate:
The construction of the auto-turn device itself looks flimsy, but appearances can be deceiving. The first time I commissioned it, a nearby egg was broken.
❌ Setting the temperature and frequency of the eggs is easy, but to control the humidity you need to buy a humidity sensor.
This incubator is not equipped with a fan, so after seven days you need to change the place of the eggs. from the edges to the center.
About three days before the automatic egg flip should be switched off. The chick must reach a certain position before it hatches the egg. We didn’t know that, although a very detailed brochure is included with the incubator:
Eggs should be chosen as standard. too big, small, or irregularly shaped will not work.
Turkey and goose eggs are much bigger than chicken eggs. It is necessary to buy a grate with larger cells, otherwise the auto-turn function will not work: the eggs will just roll from left to right and back.
That’s basically all the details. BUT! I think you might be wondering what we had in the end.
Having laid 77 chicken eggs for incubation, one of which was broken immediately by the mechanism of automatic rotation, at the output we had 40 chicks
All in all, I recommend the incubator with four stars. A lot of things you need to buy more components, plus the mechanism of automatic turning “wisely” sometimes.
Nesushka incubator: device, instructions and setup
In this article I will explain in detail how to use Nesushka incubator, how to assemble correctly, adjust temperature and humidity, make laying eggs. In addition there are a few videos on assembling and setting up the incubator.
In the previous article we have already considered a similar incubator Kvochka, now let’s talk about no less popular incubator Nesushka, let’s get acquainted with his device in detail, identify its pros and cons, watch video reviews of the owners of this device.
Please read the instructions on how to use the incubator, which include a detailed description of all processes.
- Inspect the incubator first and check for completeness.
- Grate is placed on the bottom. It is important that the smooth side faces upwards.
- Install the device for turning on the housing.
- Cover the housing with the lid.
- Connect the machine to the mains.
- Adjust the thermostat to an intermediate temperature. Allow the incubator to warm for about half an hour. Once the set level is reached, the light will start to flash.
- Connect to the thermostat.
The owners of the incubator do not have the question how to increase the humidity, because the device has a reservoir for water, which allows it to regulate the indicator.
Preparing the incubator for laying the eggs
Laying the eggs
Eggs are placed only after you have poured warm water over them and the egg temperature has reached 37.7°C. An ordinary thermometer can be used to check the temperature. Only fresh eggs without soiling should be selected for laying, it is strictly forbidden to wash them.
They should be medium in size with only a smooth matte shell. Store eggs to be placed in the incubator for no more than 10 days at a temperature no lower than 10 degrees Celsius.
Otherwise all the incubation qualities will decrease. To facilitate control when turning over, it is recommended with a soft pencil to put marks on the shell, it can be the usual numbers. After all manipulations the eggs are laid one beside the other sideways.
On average, if all recommendations are followed, the chicks emerge 21 days after laying.
- Constantly check the temperature inside the incubator.
- Do not forget to refill the water after disconnecting the unit from the power supply.
- Make sure the turntable does not malfunction and the turnover takes place at the set time. During the first 5 days, you should do these operations every 3 hours. Do not turn over more than twice a day.
- It is recommended to air the incubator from day 5 onwards. To prevent the eggs from overheating.
- To avoid damaging the tissues of the embryo.
- It is forbidden to turn the hatchery over two days before the chicks appear.
- Control the development of the eggs 2 times during the whole period. This can be done with an ordinary lamp. The first on day 7 and the second on day 13.
- If there is no light, the incubator is moved to a warm room and covered with a thick material.
- After the first chicks emerge, lower the temperature by 0.5 ºC.
- After finishing hatching the unit should be washed well.
Do not take them out of the hatchery until the chicks have dried out. At this time it is important to carry out an inspection to identify unhealthy chicks and not to waste time and money on further
- Umbilical cord. Ideally, it should be closed and without traces of blood.
- Fluff. Yellow in color, soft to the touch and shiny in appearance.
- Beak. Firm without abnormalities.
- Eyes. No muddy spots with shine.
- Wings. Tightly pressed to the calf.
- The chick must be agile and responsive to surrounding sounds.
The incubation period for a hen egg is 21 days. During this time, the embryo passes through several stages of development, each requiring specific environmental conditions.
Successful incubation is achieved when four conditions are met:
The values of these indicators should be adjusted depending on the period of incubation and are given in the table:
|Hen eggs||1||1-7 days||37,8||50-55 %||4|
|2||8-14 days||37,8||45 %||4|
|3||15 18 days||37,8||50 %||4|
|4||19 21 days||37,5||65 %||no|
This factor affects the heat and water evaporation from the egg, as well as the mineral metabolism of the embryo by converting the calcium from the shell into a digestible form by the embryo. Evaporated water is replaced by an air cavity.
- The first stage of incubation is set at elevated 50-55%, which promotes embryo growth and development.
- After one week, the allantois begins to grow under the shell, gradually covering the entire contents of the egg. Now low humidity is not so dangerous: water evaporates from the allantois cavity.
- Lower the humidity on the 7th day to 45-50%. The embryo grows and accumulates dry matter.
- During the last incubation, from day 19 the humidity is raised to 65% again.
Signs of increased moisture:
- Hatching occurs, but the young do not hatch;
- There is a lot of sticky amniotic fluid in the shell. By thickening and drying out, it makes it difficult for the chick to come out, and it often dies from this.
Signs of low humidity:
The critical humidity values are 77-82% upper limit and 43-48% lower limit.
To regulate the temperature, the incubator is equipped with a thermostat to keep the heat needed for each stage of embryonic development.
- During the first day of incubation set the highest temperature, which accelerates embryo metabolism and growth, weight increases by more than 10 times.
- By the second day the temperature is lowered gradually to an optimum of 37.8о.
- On days 19-21, when the embryo develops and hatches, it needs less heat, so the temperature is lowered to 37.5о.
Under or overheating of the eggs leads to an altered incubation period, embryo death or a significant reduction in the viability of the young. Even short-term overheating leads to the development of abnormal internal organs of the embryo.
Critical temperature values: upper limit 38.2, lower limit 36.8.
The egg shell is porous. Through it the embryo receives oxygen from the air, releases carbon dioxide and evaporates water.
The need for ventilation increases greatly towards the end of the incubation period when the gas exchange increases greatly. This happens because the chick is transitioning to lung breathing and needs more oxygen.
Turning the eggs over
To prevent the embryo from sticking to the shell, the eggs should be periodically turned over. This process is stopped only at the last stage of incubation from day 19, before the chicks hatch.
How to do the laying?
Selected eggs should be in the room before immersion in the incubator. Otherwise, when you immerse them in a heated chamber, condensation will form. This will lead to climate disturbance and mold, which is fatal for the embryo.
Eggs should therefore be kept at 25°C for 8 to 12 hours before incubation, avoiding draughts. Eggs should preferably be laid horizontally (to learn more about how long is the incubation period for chicken eggs and what it depends on, click here).
Then they warm up evenly. Although vertical laying is acceptable. Eggs are placed on the trays in groups at regular intervals (4 hours): first the large eggs, then the medium ones, and finally the small ones.
- Warm the incubator to the set temperature.
- Spray eggs with antiseptic or disinfect them with ultraviolet.
- Distribute the eggs on the tray.
- Immerse the tray into the incubator.
- Close the doors of the machine tightly.
Many incubators have an automatic egg flip function. If this function is not available, the eggs are turned over manually 10 to 12 times a day.
How it works
Remove lid, grid and flip unit before starting. Pour warm water into a special container, put the lattice back in place and turn the turntable. Clean eggs are laid in the cells with a thermometer next to them. Close the lid.
Incubator is plugged in. Adjust the temperature by turning the thermostat knob. To control the process of turning the eggs, it is recommended to mark them with a soft pencil.
For better warming and ventilation the eggs should be shifted once a day from the center rows to the sides, turning the marker to the opposite side. Turning the eggs off two days before the chicks hatch.