To be confident in your work, as well as not to lose face in front of the technical expert, you can check your actions in advance. To do this, all joints should be covered with soapy water. Then open the stop valve on the main line. At the same time, the burners should be left closed.
If air (gas) bubbles appeared on the surface, the tightness must be strengthened. To do this, you will have to disassemble the system and add to the nodes of the sealant. The job is deemed to be done, if inspection of the device does not reveal any gas leakage.
The preparatory stage is very important when installing the panel. On the correctness of calculations, according to which the mortise depends on the safety of the kitchen unit and the appearance of the room as a whole. A miscalculation of even 1 cm can cause damage to the countertop.
It is advisable to refer to the dimensions prescribed by the manufacturer in the instructions.
The dimensions of most panels are the same. 55-57 cm. It is necessary to pay attention to the size of the hole for the installation of equipment. Measuring tape may be necessary in order to take specific measurements. Panel is turned upside down. Then the length and width of the equipment is measured along the inner edge.
It is worth noting that the instructions indicate the minimum indentation from the edge of the countertop. It is not recommended to reduce it, but you can increase it. Failure to do so may result in a broken surface.
Before you cut the recess, you must make sure that the necessary distances between the stove and the surrounding objects have been maintained. These numbers are usually spelled out in the instruction sheet.
Installing the cooktop plug
If the device is complete with a cable, where the plug is connected and there is a suitable socket in the room, then all that remains is to turn on the product.
In the other case, it is obligatory to carry out a certain algorithm of actions:
- The plug is disassembled beforehand, and the cable is led through the prepared hole.
- Wires with brown and blue connect to the outputs of the plug.
- If they are marked “L” and “N”, the brown wire is connected to the terminal with the letter “L”, and respectively “N” receives a blue cable.
- The yellow-green wire is attached to the center terminal of the plug.
- The plug is assembled together and secured with a bolt.
- The plate usually bears special markings.
- The marks “one, two, three” serve to connect the cable and the phase. In the plug we find the letter “L”.
- To connect the “zero” is used the fourth and fifth contacts. In the plug, these are the wires connected to the “N” symbol.
- The ground should be connected to the PE marking.
Mount the jumper in the plate:
- With this element you must connect the first, second and third terminals to distribute the electrical load. The brown cable is necessarily led to the terminal number three.
- Use a bridge to connect the fifth and fourth terminals. The blue wire is clamped in the terminal
- Protective grounding is installed in its designated place under the “PE” symbol.
- Make the final fixing of the cable in the plate and check the operation of the appliance.
Rules for connecting the gas cooker hob to the gas mains
The appearance on the market of cooker hobs has made it possible to increase the functionality of even the smallest kitchens. Therefore, these appliances are very popular today. Manufacturers offer both electric and gas models, so you can choose according to your needs any of them. With electrical appliances, or more precisely, with their connection, there is no problem. Only a suitable mains socket is required. But the connection of a gas cooktop. these are special requirements and strict rules, which everyone should know about. So let’s understand the subject.
Choice of heating element, wire, flexible hose and power for the gas hob
When selecting a heating element (electric tube heater), the wattage and the cross section of the supply mains are taken into account. It is necessary to take into account the power of automatic circuit breakers and circuit breakers. Before installing the hob, you need to consult with the power supply companies.
- Tubular (strip) heating elements. the filament is located along the entire length of the heating element. The main advantage. low voltage power consumption and increased power resource. The coil must not be in contact with the appliance body, otherwise the coil must be completely replaced.
- Coil heating elements. they are spiral wound on a material with a high heat emission (basalt, silicon, cast iron).
The structure of the corrugated flexible hose consists of 3 main parts:
Working length of the hose must not exceed 2-3 meters. Socket must have technical documentation and a stamp on the state verification. The connection socket has a T-piece, two of which are plugged.
Accessories for connecting the gas stove hob
The cable for the gas cooker hob must not come in contact with other utilities. When selecting the correct section for the cable, you must follow the operating instructions for the selected model of device. Consider the power (16 A) and insulation of the carrier conductor (3.5 kW) at 220 V.
In order to avoid stray currents and induced voltage on the appliance, insulating inserts are also available from specialised service centres or licensed networks.
The subtleties of connecting a gas cooktop understand all the nuances
In order to connect the gas cooking surface, it is recommended to officially apply to specialized organizations that have a license and certain documents to perform these types of work. If you decide to engage in the connection and installation of the gas cooktop, it is necessary to understand the important question: how to properly connect a gas cooktop. It is also necessary to know safety precautions and strictly follow the instructions.
Observing safety rules helps to avoid irreparable mistakes. We offer a few tips:
- It is best to choose a gas hose length of no more than 3 m. It is forbidden to connect the hoses to each other.
- If you want to move the gas stove to another room, it is necessary to coordinate it with the relevant authorities.
- To check the tightness of the hose that comes from the gas line, you can not use an open flame. This mistake could be fatal!
So, we have considered how to build a gas stove into a kitchen set independently. Before performing the work, it is advisable to assess your abilities and skills. If there are doubts that you can do it, it is better to turn to professionals. However, it is worth noting that the installation process itself is not at all difficult and cope with such a task can almost everyone. Most importantly, try to read the instructions carefully and buy all the necessary tools and materials.
But remember that for the installation of gas equipment must be authorized by special supervisory bodies, which, after installing the hob, must necessarily check the quality of the work done.
Installing the hob: a complete practical guide
In this article, we will talk to you about kitchen appliances, and how they are built into the kitchen set.
If, ten years ago, out of ten installed kitchen sets, a maximum of half of them contained a hob (the rest were with independent gas stove), now. almost a hundred percent of suites are planned to install it.
So, this process can be described in a certain sequence.
To begin with, you need to take the passport for this technique, and see what sizes should be cut aperture. Even if, suddenly, for some reason, the passport will not be there, you can always measure with a tape measure the part of the panel that should be cut into the countertop.
Then, you need to do the following steps:
- Fit the worktop, and make a marking on it
- Transfer the dimensions of the panel to be cut into the countertop
- Make at least one hole (8-10 millimeters in diameter) near each side of the niche to be cut out
- Cut out the niche
- Treat the inside of the cut out niche with silicone
- Install the countertop on the bottom base of the kitchen set
- Glue sticky tape on the inside of the recessed panel (or, put plasticine on the countertop).
- Spray silicone on the worktop
- Insert the hob into the cut out niche
- Secure it with special fasteners
So, from the very beginning, it is necessary to put the countertop on the bottom base of the kitchen, in order to trim it in the right places in case of uneven walls, and if necessary, make holes for all kinds of gas pipes. In short, prepare the countertop for installation on the bottom of the kitchen.
After that, from the inside of the box in which the hob will be built in, it is necessary to make a marking (simply, to pencil in its inner edges in order to highlight its interior for further marking for the cut-out).
After that, the countertop should be put on the front side (with the bottom up), and the place that we marked out, mark out the dimensions for mortise (mark out according to the dimensions that should be in the passport to the panel, or which can be measured manually).
Now, in order to cut the required niche according to the markings, it is necessary to make holes near each proposed cut (on its inner side) so that it would be possible to insert the jigsaw saw into it.
Cutting out the niche itself. When cutting, you need to be careful.
When all the edges are almost cut out, the part of the countertop to be cut out should either be supported from below or taped to the countertop, as it may break off under its own weight, tearing out the plastic from the countertop face (and thus ruining the entire countertop).
Now, the inside of the cut-out itself, you need to treat with silicone (one of the barriers to protect against moisture).
When all this is done, you need to install the countertop again on the bottom base of the kitchen (by this time, of course, it must already have a sink, if it is, of course, provided), and fix it, although you can fix it after installing the hob.
Next, you need to glue on the inside of the embedded panel with special adhesive tape, which also serves as a waterproofing barrier.
In some models, there is no such adhesive tape, but there is a special plasticine, cut in certain strips. In this case, this plasticine is glued to the countertop right near the cutout, and when the hob is inserted into the cutout itself, it will cut off part of this plasticine, which can simply be trimmed with a knife and removed.
But, in our case (with sticky tape), instead of plasticine, we will put silicone on the table top.
Once the silicone has been applied, you must insert the hob into the niche prepared for it, and secure it to the countertop with special fasteners.
When it is installed, I again gently dab it on the outside with silicone (fasteners are not perfect, and in some places, the panel may not adhere to the countertop), which cured, forms another hydro-barrier (the more such hydro-barrier. the better).
Here’s a fairly simple algorithm for installing the technique we’re considering in the countertop.
Yes, you have not forgotten about the fact that the hull plate in the box, in this case, must be in the middle of the box, and be offset 10 millimeters down (to ensure that the hob normally “becomes” the countertop (especially true for tabletops, thickness 28 millimeters)).
Of course, in order to cut such a technique, it must first be bought.
Well, that’s where I’ll end. If something is not clear. ask in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев (form below the article).
Installing the cooktop
Modern furniture sets for the kitchen are equipped with built-in appliances, which work from electricity or gas. Cooktops and ovens must be installed separately. Built-in models are complete units that will work even without kitchen units. Работу по установке бытовой техники можно выполнить самостоятельно, но необходимо разобраться, какие типы варочных устройств существуют и как крепить варочную панель к конструкции столешницы.