How to drain water from a water heater. we understand the example of Termyx, Ariston, Gorenje and Atlantic
It happens that there is a need to leave a house unattended. If this is a cottage, then, as a rule, housing is empty in the winter, when the water in the pipes freezes and leads to dangerous breakdowns of the system. Do I need to drain water from the water heater? The answer is obvious. Yes, and this may be needed both to prevent breakdowns and for repairing a water supply system.
In addition, it is very useful to drain water from the boiler at least once a year. Thus, you will reduce the number of scale on tubular electric heaters, and remove large particles from the system, which can get into the tank while using.
Before you drain the water from the water heater, take a closer look at how many pipes are brought to it, since there are models with different amounts. 2 and 3. The liquid drain is carried out in more than one way. Much depends on which model you have. In the article we will analyze in detail how to drain the water from the boilers of famous manufacturers. However, everything is in order.
Equipping the boiler and draining liquid
Before you properly drain the water from the water heater, you need to understand its equipment. The accumulative water heater includes:
- enameled tank (also made of stainless steel);
- internal tubes;
- tubular electric heater with thermostat;
- Automatic airborne.
As a rule, tanks of such equipment are designed for a certain pressure. About 7-10 bar. It turns out that the device of the heater is a special capacity operating under pressure. And if there is still water, then drain it just like that, just opening the valve. will not work. Since only part of the water will flow out without air supply from the structure. The liquid will leave, which is located near the tube with a DIS.
And now about how to drain water from a storage water heater. This can only be done by supplying air to the system. This process is carried out through hot water supply. We will analyze by stages:
- It is necessary to block the valve of cold water to the water heater.
- Open the DHW contour (say, crane in the kitchen) and slow down slowly.
- Take a small cross and twist the flag fixed in the safety valve of the cold liquid. The valve itself supplies water to the equipment.
- After twisting, you need to raise the flag and at the same time prepare a niche where water will be collected. The capacity must be put under the safety valve. It happens that with professional installation there is already a pipe instituted under pour out. It should be attached to the sewer.
- If everything is fine, then there should be enough atmospheric pressure so that water circulates due to the air leaks through the hydroelectric power pipe. You can hear the movement of bubbles inside the contour with warm liquid. Here the system is already prepared, it is necessary to drain gradually, change the container under the water heater (it is allowed to open and close the safety flag). However, atmospheric pressure often fails.
- You may need disassembly. It is necessary to process the nearest connective part from hot water to the water heater. It’s good when the disassembled connection does not come out of the equipment.
- If the model does not imply disassembly, then a rubber hose of suitable diameter is taken, put on a crane, which is closest to the boiler. It is necessary to blow into the hose so that the remaining liquid flows into the water heater. You can take both the pump and the compressor, but here it is already more complicated.
A good option is to immediately put a boiler with easily separated joints. Quite convenient in country conditions. Smart users set a tee of water drain for a water heater in advance.
Scheme for placing valves of water drain from a boiler
There is a tube with cold water in the boiler, located not at the very bottom. Therefore, a certain part of the water may remain when pulling. This is better to take note if you have to leave the equipment for the winter unattended in the cold room.
How to drain water from the water heater in the country completely? This is done only by twisting the heating element. Everything that did not move through the tube will go through the hole for installation.
How to drain water from the boiler Termyx
Termyx is a popular manufacturer of home water heaters. The company’s devices have established themselves as high.quality and reliable. Before draining the water from the Thermex boiler, you should get acquainted with the design features and the nuances of manufacturing. The main devices for draining the liquid will be a rubber hose and a gas valve key. The process of draining water from the thermex boiler looks like this:
- The key is blocked by the key through which cold liquid circulates into the water heater.
- Then the hot liquid opens on the mixer to create a vacuum.
- You need to wait a little while all the water comes out. It will take about 1-2 minutes.
- After the complete drain of the liquid, the water heater arrow will be at zero, and the tap will need to be closed.
- It is required to slowly unscrew the nuts with a divorce key, in the place where cold water is introduced. When unscrewing, the liquid will not be the oven again.
- Now you need a rubber hose. It is connected at one end to the contour of cold water to the water heater, the second end is sent to the sewer or prepared capacity. It is required to disconnect the withdrawal of hot fluid from the heater. Now the liquid should flow down the hose.
- Now finally unscrew the nut of fixation of the output of hot water. The air will begin to pass into the system, and the hot liquid will merge completely.
Water did not immediately begin to merge? Gright in the hose. After the tolling of water, you will only need to tighten the nuts back and that’s it. The disadvantage of this method is only in the maximum volume of the liquid, which will be possible to drain, it is 2 liters.
Watch the video on how to drain the water from the water heater Termyx.
How to drain water from Ariston water heater
Another demanded brand is Ariston boilers. Why focusing on the products of this manufacturer is focused? Because here already draining water is carried out according to a more complex method. As a rule, certain tools are prepared: a wretched key or a divorce 32 and 24 mm, a direct screwdriver and a hexagon of 4 mm.
Now let’s move on to how to drain the water from the ariston boiler:
- It is necessary to close the water tap for a boiler.
- Open the DHW contour on the mixer. This is required to reset pressure inside the tank.
- Open the crane on the pipe of connecting hot water supply to the water heater so that the air can get into the tank.
- Open the liquid drain tap from the boiler. Before that, turn off the drainage hose.
- After you figured out how to drain the water from the ariston boiler, check if all the liquid has completely removed.
Do everything in stages, and you will definitely do everything right and efficiently, and the equipment will last you for many years.
Watch the video on how to drain water from the Ariston water heater
Correctly drain the water heater as follows:
- Disconnect the device from the outlet. Otherwise, there is a risk of hitting an electric shock;
- Close the tap with the supply of cold water;
- Open the tap with hot. It is better to choose the one closer to Baku;
- We spin the chick on the flag of the safety valve with a cross. It stands on a cold pipe;
- Substitute a large container under the drain. We direct the flag up;
- We get rid of water, sometimes adjusting the flag when the container is filled;
- Collapsible joints, such as eyeliner, disconnect. We find a hot pipe close to Baku. we analyze the connections that are at the end. If this cannot be done, then we put a hose on the drain;
- Blow water through the hose. You can use the pump. And then lower the liquid.
After it would seem, it was possible to drain all the water, it must be remembered that in the storage water heater it is still there. The reason is that the pipe for supplying cold water is high. Therefore, you can completely drain the tank by removing the heater. Do it carefully so as not to disrupt the gaskets.
Masters advise to de.energize the device to the whole procedure and cool water in it so as not to earn burns.
You can see how to safely drain water from the water heater in our video.
Instructions for popular models
How to drain the water heater Termyx
- Turn off from power supply;
- We are waiting for the water to become cold or at least summer;
- Overlap the cold;
- Open hot, wait until the rest of the water leaves;
- Unscrew the fasteners on the valve;
- We connect the hose with the drain;
- Spin the mounting of a hot pipe, drain.
Clearly how to drain the water heater Termyx will show the video.
How to drain Ariston water heater
- Turn off the network;
- Cool water;
- Overlap the cold;
- Open hot, reducing pressure, and drain the remains;
- Open the water supply crane, letting in the air flow;
- Turn the tap;
- We insert the hose;
- We lower it.
Carefully watch our video how to drain the Ariston water heater, and then during the procedure you will not violate the rules.
How to drain the Electrolux water heater
- Turn off the device from power;
- Cool water;
- Overlap water;
- Open a hot valve;
- Remove the handle on the valve;
- We connect the hose to the pipe to release water.
We recommend watching the video how to drain the water from the Electrolux water heater.
The need to drain the liquid
The complete devastation of the tank is mandatory when planned cleaning of equipment. This event is performed 2 times during the year when using a centralized water supply without preliminary cleaning, as well as 1 time per year, if the water is previously a high level of processing.
During operation, the inside of the boiler is covered with scope and dirt. This layer settles on the walls, the bottom and the warming element, creating a certain heat insulator. The situation is aggravated by the fact that the heater in the process will overheat, while the water will not reach the necessary temperature and will be supplied barely warm. The boiler with enhanced electricity consumption shows the minimum efficiency. The way out of the situation will be the drain of the tank and the dismantling of the heating part with subsequent cleaning of the scale. As a result, the equipment will begin to work in a full mode and last a long time.
The reason for the descent of the water heater is the formation of an unpleasant odor emanating from the capacity. The reason for this is the irregular or rare use of the unit. At the same time, the water is overwhelmed, creates a characteristic smell, with its complete replacement, the problem is solved independently. You can not do without devastation of the container if the boiler is transported or its repair.
Lack of descent need
It is not always necessary to eliminate the contents of the water heater. When preserving the unit for the summer period, it is recommended to maintain a small amount of water in it. This is how the formation of “early” corrosion is prevented and the combustion of the unit is prevented if the owners connect it in carelessness without preliminary filling.
If you want to change the contents of the tank after prolonged conservation of the system, the procedure of complete drain is not recommended. It will be enough to renew the water in the tank several times through the crane, which experts recommend doing it once every couple of months, passing about 100 liters of water through the unit (alternately cold and hot).
How to properly drain water from a water heater: methods for different situations
Hot water in everyday life is required almost around the clock: for washing, washing dishes, hygiene procedures. Often it is supplied not by the central water supply, but a boiler. This is a heating device, when using which you need to follow the rules.
The design of the water heater is quite simple. Tank is a container for heating water. Tenas are located inside it. the actual heating elements. The supply of hot water to the output and tap water to the input is carried out through the valve system. The latter also serve as a protection system, for example, do not allow to completely drain the water, so that with a sudden disconnection of the cold water, the teles do not burn out.
To exclude the possibility of overheating and combustion of heating elements cannot. Therefore, in the recommendations for operation, they usually indicate that the water from the boiler in ordinary circumstances cannot be completely drained. If tap water is disconnected for technical reasons, before starting it should be checked if there is a sufficient volume of liquid in the tank.
There are a number of situations in which water from the water heater is necessary.
- The boiler is installed in an unheated room and will not be used for a long time. With severe frosts, the fluid in the tank may freeze, and this threatens with deformation and destruction of the hets and body. It is necessary to drain the liquid from the water heater itself and the entire system serving it.
- During repair and cleaning, preventive examination. As a rule, for draining, you need to use special techniques, since the design does not provide a complete devastation of the tank.
There are other circumstances that cause doubts. In most of them, the liquid is not drained.
- If the boiler is turned off for a long time, for example, for the winter, hot water can be obtained from the heating system, but the device is in a heated room, it does not need to empty it. It is enough that in the room where the tank is located, the temperature is preserved above 5C.
- If the water heater is standing with water for a very long time, the liquid stagnates in it. It is undesirable to apply it: it smells bad, may contain impurities. However, it is not necessary to drain it: just open the tap and lower 100 liters of water. This procedure is performed once every 3 months in order to clean the tank and prevention.
- If the device has broken, but the guarantee is still valid for it, you can’t disassemble and even clean the device yourself.
District emptying contradicts its staffing functioning regime. Therefore, you need to do this only for a real significant reason.
What threatens simple
Disputes about the need to devastate the water heater are usually associated with insufficient knowledge of the instructions. The most common explanations are the following.
If you leave the water in the tank, it will die out, pathogens will start in it. in fact, this is unlikely. The liquid that has entered the tank is already heating up to 60–80 ° C, and at this temperature very few bacteria survive. This liquid is not used for cooking food or drink, so even with a plump smell cannot harm health.
Modern models often have special coatings. anti.corrosion, antibacterial. Such a tank is not at risk.
Methods of devastating the water heater
The design of an electric boiler implies the possibility of devastation. At the outputs of hot and cold water are drained taps. In addition to them, below the tap of cold water is a control valve. He controls the drain into the sewer.
Drill through the valve
Plovs begin by blocking the shut.off valves at the inlet of cold water. Since the fluid in the boiler is under pressure, the basis of the volume can be drained, simply opening the faucet tap.
When the water stops leaking, the tap is closed. On the safety valve, the lever is transferred to the position horizontally. As soon as air enters the accumulative tank, draining water begins.
Water is drained through the supply of the safety valve. If the design of the tank provides for a cork for opening, it must be removed.
Removal of sediment
During operation in the boiler, a precipitate is formed, which periodically needs to be removed
During the operation of the boiler, tap water leaves a lime plate on the internal elements of the unit. When accumulating, such a raid complicates the operation of the device, slows down water heating. Among other things, rust can form in the boiler tank over time. Such a precipitate is best removed during the next drain of water from the heater.
Cleaning the boiler from the sediment is as follows:
- First remove the protective casing from the water heater. After that, de.energize all available in the device of the electrical wire.
- Using a gas key, unscrew the unit nutritional nut that holds the heating element.
- Swinging the heater from side to side, you will release water along with the sediment available in it. Do not forget to put a suitable container in which water will drain under a boiler.
- After that, remove the tubular heating element. Through the resulting hole, inspect the inner cavity of the boiler and remove all accumulated contaminants from there.
- Open the cutting valve and let it into the system a little water to rinse the device.
- After the work done, collect the boiler details back, fill it with water and include it on the network.
Tip: In the process of cleaning the boiler, carefully inspect the heating. If a simple cleaning does not allow to bring the heating element in a proper form, it is better to dismantle the heater and install a new one in its place. Such a detail is not cheap, but it is not recommended to save on it.
How to clean the boiler from scale from the inside
The most important thing is to make sure that the heater is disconnected from the mains. Next, it is necessary to disassemble the device according to the following plan:
- remove the covers (decorative and protective) to the side, so that you can get to the working elements of the heater;
- take a picture or sketch the location of all electrical circuits and equipment elements. This will further help to assemble the heater back;
- Remove temperature sensors and thermostat. Remove all wires;
- unscrew the nuts with which the heater is attached to the water heater body. Carefully and slowly get the heater. If he is very overgrown with a quip, it will not be easy to remove it, but it is still possible. The main thing is to keep the heater pipes intact.
This is what the Ten needs to be cleaned
Next, you can take the cleaning of the heater. That part of the scale that is on the surface of the element, you can easily scrape the dumb side of the knife. It is important to act carefully so as not to damage the part itself. For more thorough processing of the heater, it is necessary to prepare a solution of 1 liter of water and 50 grams of citric acid (instead of acid, vinegar can be used). Mixing such a liquid is most convenient in a regular plastic bottle with a cut neck. In this solution, the part is placed for several hours, until the scale becomes soft. Sometimes this process takes a day. After the scale is washed off with a stream of water from the tap.
The magnesium anode is cleaned using sandpaper or hard brush. However, if the element is very thin and has not been changed for a long time, it is necessary to install a new.
The sediment from the bottom of the accumulative container is pulled out manually and thrown out with domestic garbage. To do this, it is also necessary to remove the rubber laying installed between the flange and the tank. The rest of the scale is washed off the shower stream. If the vessel is very contaminated, the procedure is repeated several times. Then the tank is wiped dry with fabric.
Sometimes even after cleaning and washing the tank can unpleasantly smell of stagnant water. In this case, the tank walls should be wiped with a solution of table vinegar, fixing the sponge moistened with it at the end of a long stick.
You can see the process of cleaning the water heater tank in the video below:
How to properly drain water from a water heater. the best methods
There are several reasons why the accumulative type water heaters drain the liquid. You can devastate the tank without specialists with several methods. But doing this is not recommended without need.
You can drain water from the water heater in 3 ways. The choice of suitable depends on the model and place of installation.
Pour water with a safety valve
When installing the accumulative type boiler, a protective valve is mounted on the input pipe. It prevents the flow of fluid from the tank through a cold pipe in the opposite direction. The safety valve is equipped with a spring. The liquid, expanding when heated, overcomes the force of the spring and goes out along the channel.
The manufacturer equips the safety valve with a handle intended to check its performance and lowering water from the tank.
How to Bleed a Hot Water Heating System. Boiler, Hydronic Heating System
When the handle moves to the horizontal position, the spring is compressed, and the fluid from the tank comes out along a special channel.
When water flowing in the tank, vacuum is formed in the tank. It prevents normal plum. To supply air to the boiler, open a hot water crane or unscrew the hose from the output pipe.
To exclude the likelihood of a cork in the drain channel, it is necessary to transfer the handle of the product into a horizontal position once every 20-30 days for several seconds.
Some manufacturers produce a protective valve without a water launching handle. For draining, you need to unscrew the hose from the protective mechanism and press the spring forcibly. To do this, use a screwdriver, drill or other thin object. When water is descent by mechanical compression of the spring, liquid will fall into the hands of a person. To avoid burns, you should fill the tank with cold water.
Drain the water from the tank through the hole for cold water
The drain of the safety mechanism has a small diameter. To drain the liquid, it takes a large amount of time. Accelerate the procedure can be dismantled by the input hose.
The work is performed in the following sequence:
- Cool the contents. To do this, open the hot water crane on the mixer. Entering the water heater, cold water displaces hot. This excludes the probability of obtaining burns.
- Overlapping the cold fluid supply valve.
- Provide the supply of air mass by opening a locking device of hot water.
- Dismantled the safety valve. In this case, a container with a wide neck is installed under the input pipe. It can be a bucket, pelvis, etc. D.
- Drain the liquid. The intensity of the jet is adjusted to the air supply to the container.
There are several options for strapping a water heater. Between the input pipe and the protective valve, the tee is mounted, the free exit of which is equipped with a locking mechanism. This facilitates the process of extracting fluid.
With such a strapping, a hose is attached to the cranes installed on the tee and poured the contents of the boiler into the sewer. Some experts install a tee with a locking mechanism and on the output tube. With it, you can adjust the degree of air supply.
unscrewing the incoming and output hoses
The option is suitable for water heaters located above the bathroom or in places for which you do not need to use a container for draining water. During the procedure, first unscrew the output, then the input hose. So the air mass is unhindered into the container, and the contents of the tank are removed from the drainage opening.
Drain the water from the water heater in this method can be possible in the shortest possible time. If in the process it was required to stop the flow, the output hose is blocked. This blocks air access to the tank, inside which a vacuum forms and suspenses the output of the contents.
When you need to drain water from the water heater
Manufacturers do not recommend draining water from the water heater without the need. Introduction to the air container contributes to the oxidation of metal parts. Corrosion damages the heating element and tank walls.
Heating element of the water heater spoiled by corrosion
Because of this, a leak or a breakdown of the heating element may occur. There are a number of cases in which it is impossible to do without devastation:
- Preparation of the system for low ambient temperature. The irregular use of the boiler in the winter season can lead to freezing and depressurization of the system.
- Repair. The failure of the heating element requires its replacement. To dismantle the heating element, the accumulative boiler should be devastated.
- Cleaning surfaces. In the process of heating on the internal surfaces and details, the plaque settles. It prevents normal heating, which leads to increased electricity consumption. Restoring performance requires surfaces to clean.
- Replacing the magnesium anode. The procedure is carried out simultaneously with surface cleaning.
- Modernization of the strapping and replacing the elements of the pipeline. The installation of new elements of the water heater strands requires its devastation.
The owner of the house or apartment independently determines whether it is necessary to drain the water from the water heater. The main thing is to comply with safety requirements. Before starting work, make sure that the container has cooled down. Also, you should not leave it empty longer than the necessary.
Whether you drained water from a storage boiler with your own hands? How is the strapping of your boiler arranged?
The foreman and the organizer of absolutely all processes related to repair work. I have been repairing for more than 20 years and I am an expert in this area. When writing an article, he tried to make it as useful and understandable to every person.
And how it is generally arranged
For properly conducting water drainage from a heating device, it is necessary to know the principle of its operation and the internal device. at least in the most general terms.
The traditional design of an electric boiler is not difficult, but at the same time it is very reliable in work. In fact, this is a large thermos with built-in heating contents: a water storage tank for storing water, inside which a heating element is installed. The constructive device is common for all models of storage water heaters “Termyx” and “Ariston”, and differs only by the shape and material of the manufacture of individual elements, the presence of various and facilitating the operation of the devices and parts, and the degree of “sophistication” of the control units.
Boiler structure “Ariston”
All manufacturers make storage containers from anti.corrosion materials, however, the quality of this material can vary greatly. Stabilized steel covered with a layer of fiberglass is considered the best. to such a surface, the scale practically does not “stick”, water pollution by particles of the walls does not occur. The cheapest material is galvanized steel; It serves for a long time, but is very susceptible to the formation of scale and adds metal to the composition of heated water.
Pipe, pipe, pipe around.
Two tubes are vertically installed vertically to feed the cold water and the fence of hot water. the first cut is from below, and the second cut is from above. The “cold” pipe usually provides a divider that provides uniform distribution of water by the volume of the tank; Cold water entering through this tube displaces the already heated liquid up and that through the “hot” pipe enters the DIS system. Mixing liquids inside the tank does not occur.
Where without convenience.
In order to automate the operation of the water heater and facilitating its operation, a thermostat is also established inside the tank, which allows you to adjust the temperature of the water heating and avoid boiling, and a magnesium anode to reduce the level of electrochemical corrosion in the accumulative capacity. The heating element (TEN), also placed inside the tank, is a spiral of a wire with a high specific resistance placed in a copper casing (usually nichrome).
Mandatory constructive element of any heater. a safety valve installed on the “cold” pipe. Its purpose is the discharge of excess pressure in the highway, equalizing the pressure of heated and feeding water in the highway and the prevention of arbitrary fluid drain from the container when the “feed” is turned off.
It’s time to drain the water
Ariston and Thermex electric boilers belong to the vessels and devices operating under pressure, and have, like all such devices, a sealed design. That is why it will not work out completely, simply turning on the analysis of the heated water. only the liquid will merge above the cut of the “hot” fence tube and directly from it.
In what cases it is necessary to drain water from the water heater
So that a person does not doubt whether it is necessary to drain the water from the tank or you can do without this procedure, you need to clearly decide on the problem that has arisen. Many manufacturers of water heaters do not recommend leaving the device without water for a long time due to the danger of corrosion of metal parts.
Mandatory need to drain water arises in three cases:
- Mandatory water drain is required by the water heater installed in the country. The question of how to do this arises from the owner at the end of the season. If water does not drain the water for the winter, then at a negative temperature, the liquid freezes and break the accumulative capacity of the water heater. The problem does not apply to the owners living year.round in a summer house.
- The need to drain the water occurs when the water heater is damaged, as well as the preventive cleaning of the container from the scale and dirt. The frequency of planned maintenance depends on the design of the device, as well as the quality of the liquid. The greater the stiffness of the water, the faster the scale forms. However, on dry heats, solid accumulations are delayed longer than this occurs in devices with open heating elements.
- You can’t do without drain in the apartment during the water supply accident. From the funded container designed for 80 or 100 liters, you can take a liquid for technical needs: washing the toilet, washing hands and other targets.
If, according to the instructions, the device is not designed for a long simple without water, then during the water supply accident you can try to find another solution to the problem. As an option, purchased water in bottles will help out.
It is not necessary to devastate the accumulative tank in the country during the departure of the owners. Although, here it is worth taking into account the duration of the absence, the design features of the water heater, the minimum temperature indoors and the source of the water intake. And now about everything in order:
- If a prolonged departure from the cottage falls for the winter, then with severe frosts, the temperature inside the room will drop to a negative mark. No matter how the lack of water is destructive for the device, the liquid must be drained.
- Inside the room where the air temperature does not drop below 0 ° C, the stainless tank is better not to devastate. In the presence of water, the process of corrosion is less.
- Devices with copper heaters with simple it is better to devastate. Here the corrosion process occurs in the opposite direction. Copper in water with increased rigidity is destroyed faster.
- A long simple water heater is dangerous. Stagnant water begins to rot, which can be found out by unpleasant odor. This happens faster when the water heater is fed from the home well.
- Chlorinating is performed in a centralized water supply, due to which putrefactive bacteria are destroyed. If you leave the boiler not drained for a week, then the probability of decay of water is minimal.
In general, with short.term departures from the cottage, it is not necessary to devastate the capacity of the water heater. Stagnant water can simply be drained, and the recruited fresh liquid is warmed a couple of times to the maximum temperature.
Is there any way to release water correctly?
On any accumulative boilers there should be a drain hole. It is usually closed by a plug. Pipes and hoses are not suitable for him. As a rule, it is indicated by the color corresponding to the marking and is located in the lower part of the heater (see. a photo).
Draining water through it is easier. It is enough to have a wrench of the corresponding diameter and a water drain container. Just substitute the container and unscrew the plug.
But if there is no such hole? Or the plug is not unscrewed? Do not give up, there are three more effective and simple ways to empty the boiler
Plum through the safety valve
This is the easiest option (after the previous one). Most water heaters install a safety valve with a discharge valve (see. a photo). To lower the water without unscrewing the pipes. Just lift the valve lever, as shown in the photo.
If the boiler is not located above the bathroom, you can put a thin hose on the pipe. A dropper tube is also suitable.
Minus of this method. water will go slowly. But if you do not want to spin the valve completely and disconnect the hoses, then this option is for you.
It happens that the emergency valve of the boiler rusts. Dirt is clogged into it. If you can’t open it, it is better to try it, spray it with WD-40 rust converter and wait. If after that it is not possible to lower the water from the boiler. read on.
Removal of water residues
No matter how long and carefully you drained the water, in the boiler, its small part will remain.
To completely drain the tank, you need:
- Drain water in any of the above methods.
- Gently remove the protective cover on the bottom of the tank, which is usually attached to the screws.
- Holding the base of the lid, you should carefully disconnect the wiring that there are to completely remove this element from the main part.
- Find a flange that serves as a support for the inner shadow, and then carefully send nuts on it. Water will leak, keep this in mind, so do everything slowly, gradually increasing speed.
- When you unscrew the nuts, hold the flange with your hand. After removing the last nut, carefully remove the ten.
Perhaps you will be surprised at the state of your ten and what sediment in the boiler has formed. Sometimes it is impossible to get ten, since it is overgrown with a scope, increasing in dimensions.
It is not recommended to drain the full tank by twisting the flange. There are more gentle methods that will not harm your equipment.
General advice and recommendations
If the installation of the water heating system was not carried out by you, but at hand there are not even the most elementary tools, it is better to entrust the process of draining water to professionals. This will save your nerves, and time will save and protect you from unnecessary breakdowns.
INDIRECT WATER HEATER ADDED TO BOILER FOR DOMESTIC HOT WATER
Otherwise, experts advise:
- Check several times if the boiler is disconnected from the network. If it is connected directly to the counter, then de.energize it in another way.
- Do not save on the installation of cutting cranes that will be directly connected to the sewage system. One.time spending in the future will save a lot of time and effort.
- Do not drain the water by the radical method by leading the water hose, if your boiler is not installed over the bathroom. There are risks that the water will flood the floor under pressure, and you will not have time to change the container.
- Do not be lazy to clean the ten, if you still had to drain the water. He will tell you thank you, but in practice you will notice that the water heats up faster, and there is no unpleasant smell of the swamp in it.
Properly executed water drain from the boiler and nerves will save, and the floor will not fill. Better slower, but high quality. Never drain boiling water. Be sure to dilute the water cold, turning off the boiler from the power and opening the hot water tap. If this procedure seems difficult for you, then seek help from specialists.