Apple juice provisions
Squeezed apple juice is naturally sweet thanks to the presence of natural sugar. Consequently, sugar is not always necessary for this kind of preparation. No other ingredients are needed, and, as for the kitchen utensils, there are many to be stocked. To obtain apple juice for the winter without a juicer use a fruit press. There are huge industrial, screw and hydraulic presses. At home the role of such a press can be performed by any crusher.
There are three types of canning apple juice:
- Making warm juice without boiling. This variant requires heating the drink to 95 degrees, after which it is immediately sent to jars and corked tightly.
- Making boiled juice. The case under consideration involves cooking the juice from the boiling point for another 10 minutes.
- Making raw, freshly squeezed juice. The name says it all: freshly squeezed juice is put immediately into jars. There is one “but.”. Glass bottles with apple nectar must be sterilized.
There are a couple of options on how to juice apples without a juicer. They can include: the work of the press unit in industrial conditions or in mass production, the work of a metal press in a colander or a wooden press in a sieve at home.
Recipe for White Nalew apple juice
- Wash, remove greens and rotten spots from 7 pounds of fruit. No need to remove the skin. Cut it into small pieces to get the juice.
- Place in a 5-liter saucepan and pour water to the brim. The amount of water necessary to prevent the apples from burning.
- Bring to the boil and turn down the heat. Cook for 10 minutes until the apples have softened. Turn off the heat and let the apples cool down.
- Rub the cooled mashed apples through a metal sieve.
- Pour 500 grams of sugar into the pureed juice and boil again.
- Pour the juice into jars, which have been sterilized beforehand and seal them. No need to turn it.
Recipe for red apple juice
- Peel and core the red fruits, cut them into slices and arrange them in a jar.
- Pour boiling water over, cover and set aside for 7 hours. After the set time, the juice is poured into a saucepan and heated. Remove the sliced apples from the jars and put exactly the same fresh apples in them. Bring juice to a boil at this time and pour into the same jars, but with new apples.
- Pour the fragrant drink back into the pot after 7 hours, and boil it. Add sugar to taste and boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour into empty, pre-sterilized jars and seal. Turn it upside down, cover it.
A 3-liter jar can hold 1.5 kg chopped apples.
What else can be added?
Use other seasonal fruits, like pears, carrots, or pumpkin. Take them in equal proportions with the apples, or just a little, if you do not want to strongly interrupt the taste of the main ingredient.
How to Make a Juice
Cut the apples into big chunks and remove the cores. Peel the rest of the fruits and vegetables, too, and divide into similar pieces. Run the fruit through a juicer.
If a foamy cap has formed on the juice, carefully remove it. This foam can be folded into gauze and squeezed out with your hands. that way some of the liquid will come out, too.
To make the drink clear, strain all the juice through several layers of gauze. If you like the pulped version, skip this step.
Pour the juice into a saucepan and. if desired. add sugar. Put on low heat and bring to 90-95 ° C. If there is no thermometer, determine by eye: steam will begin to emanate from the liquid, it is about to boil, but there is no bubbling yet. Remove the juice from the stove and pour it into jars.
Homemade apple juice for the winter. a classic recipe for making
The juiciest apples. only taken from the tree, these fruits and should be used for making juice for the winter. It is recommended to give preference to varieties:
To get a blended drink, which has an unusual taste and aroma, you need to mix fruits of different varieties.
Classic, step-by-step recipe for making juice at home:
- Jars should be prepared in advance, washed and sterilized in any way convenient for you The method over steam, in the oven or in the microwave. Boil the lids in water for a few minutes.
- Wash and peel the apples, remove any damaged or rotten spots, and cut into 4 pieces.
- Prepare the juice using any of the methods: juicer, mincing or grating the pulp. The beverage will foam a lot during the cooking process, so you should remove the foam from the surface as often as possible.
- Run the resulting mass through a couple of layers of gauze to remove the pulp. Pour the liquid into a large, clean container.
- The drink should be left to heat on a high fire, after the temperature of the liquid has reached 90-95 degrees and the air bubbles begin to rise from the bottom on the surface foam will actively appear, which should be removed with a slotted spoon or wooden spoon. But do not boil it!
- When the foam stops forming, the juice is removed from the fire. Filter it through gauze and add sugar (if the liquid is not very sweet, it is enough to take 100 grams of sugar per 1 liter).
- The pot with the drink should be placed back on the stove and heated to 80-85 degrees.
- Pour the juice into pre-cooked glass containers and seal them.
- It is recommended to turn the jars upside down, wrap them in a warm blanket and leave them to cool down.
At room temperature in this state the juice should be stored for 10-12 days. After that it is recommended to transfer jars to a cool place for long storage, but you should do it only if the drink is not cloudy, fermented and no mold has appeared on its surface.
The juice is stored for a very long time, so the whole family can enjoy its wonderful taste at any time of year, until a new harvest.
Tip! Beverage, which foamed in the first weeks can be used to make kissels, morses, it should be pre-boiled for 5-7 minutes or wine.
The reheating is necessary to remove the sediment that appears at the bottom of the container during storage, this procedure is not necessary. It is impossible to get a completely clarified juice at home, but it will not spoil the taste of the drink in any way.
Thanks to the pasteurization method it is possible to preserve the maximum quantity of vitamins in the juice. Experienced hostesses recommend using this particular method, because for them not only the taste is important, but also its useful properties.
Tip! The best way to heat the juice is to use enamelware.
How to make juice from apples without juicers?
Apple juice is one of the most useful and delicious drinks, which to enjoy today can every domestic consumer. It belongs to the category of structured products that enrich the human body with useful vitamins and minerals. About how to properly make apple juice at home, and what varieties of culture to use for this. further in the article.
Natural apple juice for winter from the juicer by sterilization method
As you know, in the process of heat processing juices lose many useful substances. Save all the vitamins you can, using such a method of preparation, as sterilization. The peculiarity of cooking is the fact that the juice itself is not subject to boiling. It is poured in the “raw form” in jars, and only then sterilized, so that the preparation is well preserved for a long time.
Review of the best recipes
The juice can be prepared with or without pulp, sweet or not. The choice of recipe depends on the preferences of the hostess and her family. Working with apples is easy enough, no special skills are required. Suitable varieties for cooking: Antonovka, Grusovka, Anis, Semerenko. Mixing apples of different kinds will give the product an interesting taste.
Classic through the juicer
Cooking time for this recipe is 2 hours. Ingredients:
The amount of sweetener depends on taste preferences and the variety of apples, how sour they are. Make 2 kg of fresh fruit and about 1 l of reserved fruit. Cooking Algorithm:
- Rinse the apples of any dirt, get rid of bones, twigs and sore spots.
- Pass the fruit through a squeezing device.
- Fill the cooking bowl with the resulting juice, let it infuse, then put it on the stove.
- Bring the liquid to 90°C.
- Turn down the heat, leave to simmer for half an hour.
- Remove the foam that forms during the process.
- Pour in the sugar as time passes.
- Carefully distribute the cooked juice in containers, roll up.
- Wrap in cloths, put the lid down and leave to cool.
Do not boil
Cooking time. 1 hour. Ingredients for juice obtained by the method without boiling:
This amount of fruit will make a three-liter capacity drink. Instructions for cooking:
How to Make Fresh Apple Juice
- Carefully wash the apples, divide into pieces, get rid of unnecessary parts.
- Run the fruit through a juicer.
- Pour the resulting liquid into a suitable container for cooking, let stand.
- Remove the foam.
- Add the sugar.
- Place the container on the stove, begin heating.
- Wait for bubbles to appear and turn off the heat (do not bring to 100°C).
- Pour the collected juice into jars and seal them.
- Wrap with a towel, turn it upside down, let it cool.
In a juicer
Advantages of making a drink in a juicer
- delicate flavor;
- Several liters of drink at a time;
- Destruction of pathogenic microorganisms;
- longer shelf life.
To make a drink in a juicer, you will only need apples in an amount of 6-7 kg. Algorithm of action:
- Rinse and dry the fruit.
- Remove the twigs and bones, divide the fruit into quarters.
- Disassemble the juicer, pour water into the bottom container, place a container to collect the juice and attach a hose through which the liquid will flow.
- Place an apple container on top, put the fruit in it, and cover with a lid.
- Put the assembled device on the cooking surface.
- Bring the water to the boil, lower the heat.
- Wait until only the peel and pulp remain in the upper container of the device.
- Pour the obtained juice into jars and cover them.
- Take a big pot, put a cloth on the bottom.
- Set the jars in this container, place on the stove.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Slowly take out the jars, wrap with a towel, let cool.
In the multicooker
- Rinse the fruit, get rid of rotten sides, bones, twigs.
- Run the fruit through a juicer.
- Pour the liquid into the multicooker.
- Set the “Soup” or “Steam” function.
- Bring it to the boil.
- Remove the foam and pour in the sugar.
- Cook the juice for 5-7 minutes.
- Wait for the resulting liquid to cool and distribute into jars.
- Replace the lids, turn the jars upside down and wrap them with cloths.
- After it has cooled, put it in the cellar.
Through the meat grinder
Cooking through the meat grinder will take a little longer. about 3 hours. Ingredients:
- Rinse the fruit.
- Divide into portions, remove excess ingredients.
- Pass the fruit through a meat grinder.
- Put a bandage or gauze in several layers on the bottom of a colander.
- Place the pureed fruit on top.
- Set the colander in a saucepan, wait until all the juice drains out.
- After a few hours, when the beverage has assembled, place the jar on the fire.
- Bring the juice to a boil, add sugar, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the drink into jars, then cover them.
- Wrap them in cloths and leave to cool.
With pulp in jars without sterilization
- Wash the fruit, removing any superfluous parts.
- In a saucepan, pour a liter of water over the apples, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then use a blender to purée the fruit.
- Bring the remaining water to the boil, and pour in the sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to make a syrup.
- Pour the sweet liquid obtained into the puree, put everything on the stove and bring to the boil.
- After 5 minutes turn off the stove.
- Run the liquid through a sieve, then heat it again until it reaches 100°C.
- Turn off the heat, the resulting juice to pour into jars.
- Replace the lids and cover the container with a towel.
- Turn the jars upside down until cool.
- Wash and chop the apples, removing any superfluous parts.
- Pass the fruit through a juicer.
- Remove the foam, strain the juice through a sieve.
- Add the sugar to the liquid.
- Bring the liquid to the fire.
- Bring the product to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Skim off the foam, if present, pour the juice into jars.
- Then wrap it in cloths, turn it upside down and leave it to cool.
To make a fruit drink without sugar, you need to take only apples at the rate that from 2 kg you get 1 liter of the finished product. Instructions:
- Wash the fruit, cut it into pieces, run it through a juicer.
- Pour the liquid into a pan.
- Put the container on a hotplate.
- Bring the product to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the juice from the stove, distribute into jars.
- Wrap the jars with a towel, turn them upside down on their lids, and wait for them to cool.
With red currants
Simple preparation of apple juice at home with healthy black currants will provide an exquisite drink for a large company of adults and children. Of the bright billet can make many desserts: jellies, smoothies, multi-component cocktails.
The process is described step by step:
- Peel and peel the washed apples from the seeds, cut them into slices, and squeeze the juice out of them.
- Peel blackcurrants thoroughly, dry them on a napkin and turn them into a puree with a pestle.
- Add water to the flavorful berry mass and put it on the stove.
- Boil the currants for 3 minutes, cool them and pass them through gauze.
- Separate the syrup from the cake.
- Mix both juices and warm them without boiling until they reach 85℃.
- Pack the hot drink in sterilized containers, closing the lids.
- Sterilize the jars for 15 minutes and turn them on with a wrench.
It is better that the proportion of currants with apples in the drink is 25/75%.
Recipes for apple juice for winter: easy ways to make your favorite drink
One of the most delicious preserves is homemade apple juice. It is quite simple to prepare, and the natural product turns out many times better than store-bought analogues. In addition, the puree left over from the preparation can also be used in other dishes, bake pies, cook jams or make marshmallows and jellies.
Apple juice for the winter through the juicer, without pulp transparent
The sequence of preparation is very simple:
- peeled apples are cut into small pieces, preliminarily with the cores removed from them;
- the fruit is passed through a juicer;
- after, it is filtered through a fine sieve, separating the pulp from the clear juice;
- at the end of the procedure, the juice is heated to a boil and sterilized, along with the container in which it will be.