Sexually transmitted infections don’t always cause symptoms, but when they do, chances are they can affect your bikini line, not just the more obvious areas like your vagina.
Removing Embedded Hairs From A Brazilian Laser Hair Removal #Showoff | HueVine
For example, if you are dealing with contagious molluscum, which is an infection caused by the smallpox virus, you may see small, raised and usually white, pink or flesh-colored tubercles with a dimple or pit in the center. When this infection is sexually transmitted, bumps usually sprout on the genitals, lower abdomen and inner upper thighs-right around the bikini scythe.
How to Stop Ingrown Hairs & Razor Bumps from Waxing & Shaving | Treatments & Products | Black Skin
Growing hair after depilation?
Perhaps there isn’t a woman who wouldn’t dream of smooth, velvety skin. After the depilation procedure, it becomes exactly that, but after a few weeks in place of the removed hair may appear a small bump, under which hides a new hair. Of course, it looks very unsightly, especially if there is an inflammation.
ingrown hair after depilation not only at women. Men are also in the risk group. Ingrown hairs may appear on the face, neck, legs, bikini zone, groin, causing a lot of unpleasant and sometimes painful feelings, discomfort, irritation. Wearing tight-fitting underwear only worsens the situation. What to do if hair ingrown after depilation? First it is necessary to establish the cause of such a problem.
How ingrown hairs?
The process of ingrown hairs depends on the density of the epidermis, that is, the number of layers of scales. If there are many of them, the thin growing hair is difficult to break through to the surface of the skin, and he chooses the path of least resistance, bending and taking not a vertical, but the horizontal position.
People with dark skin ingrown hair after epilation appear more often than light skinned people. It is connected with the fact that dark and stiff hairs grow more intensively than light and thin ones. Solving the problem yourself can only worsen the condition of the skin, so to treat ingrown hairs after depilation you should contact a professional cosmetologist.
Why ingrown hairs appear?
Conventionally, the causes of ingrown hairs can be divided into three groups:
Improper hair removal
Shaving is one of the most common causes of ingrown hairs. The reason is that hair becomes sharper and wedge-shaped after being cut with a sharp blade. As a result, they begin to take the wrong position, thereby traumatizing the skin. In addition, during shaving, the likelihood of a cut is quite high. An ingrown scar doesn’t heal as quickly as you’d like, and it doesn’t allow hair to grow back for proper growth.
Often hair ingrown after waxing, made at home or by a non-professional craftsman. This procedure always requires care and caution. After applying the wax mass is removed against the hair growth, and if you are not experienced, it is easy to break a hair, after which it will ingrown. During shugaring (removal of hair with sugar) the risk of damaging the skin is minimal, as the composition is removed from its surface in the direction of hair growth, and it is quite difficult to break them (but possible with poor technique). This happens, again, due to unprofessional manipulation, when the sugar composition is removed against the growth or sideways. Ingrown hairs after laser hair removal or electroepilation appear quite rarely, as during such procedures hair follicles are also removed. If a hair does grow back, it is usually blond and soft.
Under no circumstances should you squeeze the hair follicles in the place of ingrown hairs! Applying strong pressure on the skin, you can easily damage deep-seated cells, thereby causing severe inflammation and bruising.
Improper skin care
After the depilation procedure pores on the surface of the skin remains open for some time, so they easily get dirty. A hair can not overcome such an obstacle and begins to grow sideways, thus growing under the skin.
In addition, hair ingrowth often occurs due to visiting the sauna, swimming pool, gym. ingrown hairs after depilation, if in the first days after the procedure to use soap: its particles also clog pores, not allowing the hair to grow vertically and cause inflammation. During this period it is necessary to take a shower without using soap and gel.
After shaving or depilation cosmetologists recommend wearing cotton underwear. Synthetics does not allow the hair to grow normally, and lace is very hard for soft and smooth skin. These materials create a kind of barrier to hair growth in the right direction.
Also, synthetics prevent the natural evaporation of moisture from the skin surface, which causes bacterial infections.
The same applies to daily pads, especially fragranced pads. Their use can cause allergic reactions and, accordingly, inflammations.
Hormonal disorders often cause disruption of the sebaceous glands, activating them. In this case, the pores are larger and more quickly clogged, and the density of the skin can increase. The hair becomes tougher, and again it is difficult to overcome obstacles. The result. ingrowth.
What to do if hair ingrown after depilation?
Of course, they need to be removed and then prevented. To remove ingrown hairs the experts of the studio of health and beauty “Depilux” recommend to use a special gel Gloria and not to apply scrubs by any means, especially if pustules appeared on the skin. In such situations, it is worth using Chlorhexidine 2 times a day.
The important thing is !
If there are very many pustules on the skin do not self-treat! Ingrown hairs can easily be mistaken for a skin condition, such as herpes. If there is severe inflammation, it is better to consult a dermatovenerologist: only a qualified doctor can correctly diagnose the problem.
When home treatment of ingrown hair after depilation does not bring results, you should make an appointment at the cosmetology clinic, whose experts will be able to select the best solution of the problem.
How ingrown hairs are removed?
In the “Depilux” health and beauty studio the method of ingrown hair removal is chosen according to the peculiarities of each case.If there is no inflammation and the hairs are shallow, it is enough to steam the skin, and then do a light, gentle exfoliation. Sometimes instead of a scrub, a not very stiff washcloth or a special mitten made of synthetic material is used. After the procedure, the skin is softened with lotion or moisturizing cream.
The deep arrangement of hairs can be noticed at once by a slight reddening and thickening of the skin. In such cases, without the help of tweezers and a medical needle can not do. Specialist steams the area where hair ingrown after depilation, warm moist compress, decontaminates the surface with antiseptic. Then a sterile needle picks up a hair and removes it with tweezers. The treated area is treated again with antiseptic and a cooling compress is applied.
If you have inflammation, it is recommended to apply a remedy for acne for a few days before going to the cosmetologist.
The prevention of ingrown hairs after depilation
First of all, it is worth thinking about the method of hair removal used. Using the same method every time, it is foolish to hope for a different result. Changing the method can often get rid of the problem.
In addition, the beauty of your skin should only trust an experienced cosmetologist, as improper manipulation can cause complications. The salon should be equipped with modern equipment and must have a license, and the master. the appropriate qualification, confirmed by a certificate. How the depilation procedure should take place is described here and here, and if the beautician departs from the correct technology of hair removal, it is better to refuse his services.
Preventing ingrown hairs after depilation involves:
- Light exfoliation to remove dead cells from the surface of the skin before removing the hair directly;
- In the case of using a razor, the hair is cut in the direction of its growth, not the other way around;
- The use of moisturizing cream, lotion, skin milk (but not oil), as well as special products that slow down hair growth;
- Regular exfoliation (twice a week) to clean the pores with a salt scrub that has an antiseptic action;
- Treating delicate areas of skin with chlorhexidine or salicylic acid solution to prevent inflammation.
Be aware of your body, do depilation only in salons verified by the professionals, follow our simple recommendations. and your skin will always look great!
Ingrown hairs: how to fight after depilation?
Many ladies, as the date of the next hair removal approaches, often ask a mute question in their heads and who came up with the idea that we should be smooth?! And then, after the procedure, feeling the smoothness and lightness, understand that not in vain invented this practice.
If now there are many methods of hair removal and all of them are relatively harmless, in the past unwanted vegetation was removed by brutal methods burning with fire or hot ashes. You will say where did such wildness come from? So after all hair removal were engaged in ancient Egypt, then neither shugaring, nor laser hair removal did not exist. And not only women, but also men, used to remove hair. In equal proportions. All men from the upper classes of society were supposed to have smooth skin.
But it is worth noting that there is one problem from this procedure, and that is ingrown hair. This difficulty is encountered by 1/3 of the people who use the procedure. about them.
Ingrown hairs after epilation: how to get rid of unpleasant consequences
How you want to touch and feel your skin soft and velvety Smooth skin, for many, is the result of hard work over days and years And even after you’ve breathed the sigh of relief from your latest waxing session. which got you rid of hair on your legs and bikini zone for good, it suddenly turns out that you’re out of luck and have an unpleasant side effect in the form of ingrown hairs. Any road to perfection can be colored by difficulties.
Red voluminous spots can form after a few days, when hairs already thinning from manipulation (whether it’s a razor, sugar or wax procedure) begin to break through again. Fine hair under the skin forms a loop, the tip can’t break through, which can cause an inflammatory process.
Our beauticians know more than one solution to this problem, and will be happy to help you. But let’s try to consider the causes of this phenomenon and find a solution that will help you to cope with the consequences of epilation of this nature even at home by yourself.
Ingrown Hair Mess
As hair removal is a very popular procedure, the ingrown hairs after hair removal are faced by many people. There is nothing terrible in it, if you start preventive measures in time. Hair often begins to ingrown just legs and bikini area. If the process begins in the deep hair removal area, it is very unpleasant. There is no need to be embarrassed and ashamed, because it is a normal situation associated with the peculiarities of the body, hair structure and self-care after the manipulation. In this case, men are faced with similar difficulties: the hair can ingrown armpits, on the face (where the beard and sideburns), on the neck.
Make an appointment at the clinic on Vasilevsky Island
How to shave?
If you prefer depilation (for example, using a razor blade or a special cream), you need to remember the following nuances:
- Choose the time for depilation carefully, taking into account your skin type and the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- It is necessary to strictly follow the time of soaking the product on the skin. Even if after the specified period the result is not satisfying you by 100%, to increase the exposure time by yourself is not necessary.
- Wash away the remnants of the product from the skin only with clean and cool water, without any detergents.
- Always use a special cream after depilation. It will help soften and moisturize the epidermis. It is desirable to buy this product from the same series as the depilation cream itself.
Those who prefer to use a razor, we can recommend the following:
- Try to use only new shaving cassettes each time. If they were already in use, it is recommended to decontaminate them before depilation.
- Always use gels or foams for shaving. This will soften your skin and make it easier to shave.
- Motions. in the direction of hair growth.
- It is not necessary to pull the skin too tight and press on the machine itself. This won’t help shave quality, but it will seriously limit your risk of injury.
- Immediately before shaving, take a cool shower with a scrub. Hot water is not a good solution. It can steam the skin too much, and further removal of hair with a loom will not be carried out evenly.
- After depilation procedure you need to rinse your skin thoroughly with warm water, wipe it dry and lubricate with any aftershave care product.
- For the first 24 hours, avoid excessively constricting synthetic clothing.
- It is better to use a scrub after such depilation every three days.
To get the best results, you can use products that are specifically designed to fight ingrown hairs.
Symptoms of ingrown hairs
In men, ingrown hairs most often appear after shaving in the beard area, neck, cheeks and chin. They can also appear on the surface of the head if a man shaves it. Ingrown hairs in women most often occur on the legs, in the bikini and pubic area, underarms, and around the buttocks. Signs that indicate unwanted hair include the following:
- Hard bumps, small in size and rounded in shape (so-called papules);
- Small pustules that are filled with pus or serous content;
- Itching, hyperpigmentation of the skin, pain.
How to get rid of ingrown hairs: 5 secrets of proper hair removal
Hair ingrown due to the fact that after waxing their structure changes. As a result, the hair grows in the wrong direction and simply cannot penetrate the skin. Uncomfortably horrible. So what to do if hair grows back after waxing? Follow five basic rules.
Causes of ingrown hairs
Hair ingrowths can occur due to the client’s skin conditions as well as other causes. The most widespread. damage of the stratum corneum that causes its thickening (hyperkeratosis), it occurs as a result of lack of experience of the master, incorrect paste or inappropriate care.
- Skin condition. This problem usually occurs more often in people with dry skin that is prone to hyperkeratosis. The keratinized scales close the follicle mouths, making the skin rougher, and the hair cannot come to the surface.
- Improper master technique, which causes damage to the stratum corneum and hair breakage.
- Inadequate care after depilation. It may be absent or too aggressive. Advise the client to use products that are specifically designed for ingrown hairs and warn against fiddling with scrubbing.
- Uncomfortable clothing. Wearing tight synthetic clothes for a long time chafes the skin, and the hair begins to ingrown. In connection with this, the first couple of days after shugaring is recommended to wear loose clothing made of natural materials.
Why hair ingrowths main causes
Ingrown hair differs from normal hair in that it grows under the surface of the skin. often it happens after body waxing, but sometimes it can also occur after using a razor. All causes of ingrowths can be divided into two categories genetic and mechanical.
Due to the genetic characteristics of the body, some people have too thick a layer of epidermis through which the weak hair is difficult to break out. As a result, after epilation it bends down and grows under the top layer of dermis. Sometimes the cause is hyperkeratosis (an increased rate of cell division) and hormonal imbalance in a woman. Ingrown hairs become more frequent during the first half of menstrual cycle or while taking hormones.
A more common reason why hair grows back after an epilator is a variety of mechanical factors. These include:
- improper removal of vegetation, which damages the hair canals (read our article on how to use an epilator correctly)
- Trauma to the skin with subsequent scarring of the hair canals;
- Frequent skin scrubbing, which causes the epidermis to thicken;
- Too tight clothing, which leads to poor circulation and pulling the hair ducts;
- Shaving with a blunt instrument (our article will tell you how to properly shave girls).
Ingrown hairs can appear after removal of vegetation, both at home and in the salon. It is important to notice the problem in time and get rid of it before it leads to more unpleasant consequences.