How to correctly start the dishwasher for the first time
To keep your dishwasher running smoothly for years, you’ll need to figure out how to turn it on for the first time. The first test run helps to empty the booth of debris and check that the heater works properly.
It is worth adhering to the following algorithm:
- It is necessary to check the connections and correctly set the temperature settings.
- Before you begin, you should clean the chamber from the packing material. You need to remove the factory stickers, check the condition of the filter. In the appliance there is a compartment for salt, in which you should pour water and add salt crystals.
- Special compartment for detergent is filled with gel or use a tablet. The dispenser can be seen on the back of the door. It is important to find the right type of cleaner on the control panel and specify it correctly.
- It is necessary to choose a program, it is better to choose a continuous mode with a high temperature.
- The device is switched on after pressing the “Start” button.
The best place for the dishwasher
The best place to put a dishwasher (hereafter. also called a dishwasher, a Dishwasher, a DHT) is in the kitchen. To decide on the place where the technique will stand, you need to buy. Much depends on whether the kitchen furniture is installed and whether it has a free opening to fit in the dishwasher.
Manufacturers make two types of dishwashers: built-in in the kitchen furniture and freestanding. There are three types of recessed dishwashers (hereinafter W. width, H. height, D. depth):
Fully built-in narrow dishwasher “Bosch” Built-in automatic dishwashers are divided into two categories: fully and partially built-in. In the former, the control panel is in the door leaf and is completely covered by the furniture front. The doors of partially recessed dishwashers can be partially covered with decorations, since the control panel and handle are located on the outside.
Partially recessed full-size dishwasher
If for some reason it is not possible to install a Bosch dishwasher, choose a model that can be placed separately. For a family of two living in a small apartment, a compact dishwasher that can be installed in a cabinet or under a sink (see photo below) will be sufficient. see photo below).
Bosch compact dishwasher in a cabinet under the sink If you have not yet bought a kitchen and want to place full-sized appliances in it, make sure you measure them first, or get the dimensions from the documentation. That way you can order cabinets with the right dimensions.
Example of calculation of a furniture opening for the size of the chosen model of the washing machine
The best place for the dishwasher in the kitchen is no further than 1.5 m from the sink, near which it is most convenient to make a connection to the water and sewage system. Specialists point out that otherwise the malfunction of this equipment or premature wear and tear of the drain pump is possible.
Dishwasher and washing machine are built into the furniture next to the sink
When it is not possible to install the PM near the water and sewage outlets, you will have to organize the water supply and drainage through new connections to the nearest sections of piping. With small water pipes there are no particular difficulties. Drainage will be more difficult to work with. In addition, you will have to buy long hoses, because you will rarely find parts longer than 1.5 m in the set with the products.
Where to start
Once you have made the purchase and received it with the delivery service, you can move on to the direct operation of the device.
- Initially, you need to take care of installing the dishwasher permanently. The floor surface must be level, otherwise you need to level it with a level.
- Connect the water supply and drain hoses.
- After connecting the hoses and checking the seals, you can open the water valve.
- Now it is time to read the manufacturer’s instructions, so as not to violate the recommended rules for using the equipment.
- Check the contents inside the machine; there should be no forgotten parts, foam or manufacturer’s stickers.
- Place the detergents in the dishwasher.
- Connect the appliance to the mains, it should be checked for operability in a test mode and only then proceed to a full operational start of the dishwasher.
“Idle” mode. a necessary procedure that will reveal improper functioning or its complete absence. The cause of which can be mechanical or human factor, so be sure to run a test run before starting operation.
Testing the instrument in “idle” mode is conditioned by the following points:
Removing Top of BOSCH Dishwasher
- The need to check the performance of the equipment. aimed at identifying possible defects in the assembly, transportation or improper installation of equipment and components.
- Cleaning function. Dishwasher run in “idle” mode to get rid of various dirt and grease residues.
- Initial familiarization with the start-up functions and operation of the equipment. Before loading the dishes directly, you will be able to understand the features of the household appliance.
Dishwasher repair tool kit
Before proceeding to repair the dishwasher, you should know for sure that all the necessary tools are at hand. It is very inconvenient to be constantly distracted and run to the construction store for a washer, nut, bolt or duct tape.
Approximate list of tools needed:
- Set of flat and shaped screwdrivers. They take the first place according to their necessity, because they are almost universal tools.
- Set of wrenches. It is better to use a special screwdriver with a set of screw heads, but for household appliances wrenches will also do.
- Multimeter. A measuring tool, which always comes in handy in the household, especially in the electrical field.
- A construction knife with a set of interchangeable blades.
- Insulating tape or heat shrink tubing of various diameters.
- Flashlight. An ordinary lamp will do, since the room does not always have good quality lighting.
- Operating instructions or wiring diagram for the model of dishwasher to be repaired.
- Select the water drain program on the control panel.
- Wait until the machine performs it.
- De-energize the dishwasher.
- Shut off the water supply and remove hoses.
- Lay rags on the floor by the right side of the dishwasher.
- Unscrew the garbage filter and salt reservoir lid.
It is also necessary to go to the back of the dishwasher and at the top on the side end you will see two fixing screws. Unscrew the screws with a screwdriver and slide the lid away from you.
Removing the lid on Bosch and Whirlpool dishwashers Removing the lid on a Bosch dishwasher is pretty easy. To do this, you need to turn the dishwasher with the back of the machine towards you. If you stand with the Bosch dishwasher door facing up, you’ll need to push it towards you.
Types of malfunctions and their quick fixes
Dishwasher belongs to the class of complex household appliances, because its work takes place with the help of automation, the algorithm of which is laid in special modules. But even such devices have a number of constant errors, which many users have had time to get acquainted with. To solve these problems it is enough to have a minimum number of tools and know where and how to look.
Dishwasher is not working, no indication
The problem is simple, but it may have several causes. The most common is the lack of voltage in the socket (power outage in the whole house). If this is the case, then all we have to do is wait. But if there is the required potential difference in the socket (within 210-230 V), then you need to disassemble the dishwasher and look for the problem.
Most dishwasher models are equipped with a junction box. the place where the power cable comes. This is where the power supply to all of the appliance’s power units comes from. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the lid and measure (using a multimeter) whether the voltage comes into the box.
If there is no potential difference, “test” the wire. For this also use a multimeter, which is put in the appropriate mode. The cable should be unplugged and the probe should touch one end of the wire and the other end. If the wire is intact, the multimeter will beep accordingly.
If the cable is intact and all its wires are well ringing, then you can try to find the fault further in the electrical circuit of the dishwasher. It’s rather difficult to do without a circuit diagram of the appliance. It is also necessary to have the basics of electrical engineering, as reading circuits requires appropriate knowledge.
There is no water supply to the dishwasher
A common problem that has several explanations:
- The water supply tap is closed. Many users forget about this peculiarity of operating a household appliance and may even call specialists, not realizing to look immediately at the position of the valve.
- The filter element is worn out or simply clogged. The filter, especially with technical water used nowadays, has a short life span and must be cleaned frequently (e.g. by Beko). The mesh can be cleaned under a tight stream of water, no special cleaning agents at a high price.
- The water valve does not work. A problem that requires partial disassembly of the dishwasher. To reach the valve, you must detach the lower panel of the device, where it will be located next to the filter element. The valve consists of several inductance coils, which must be “tested” with a multimeter. The coil leads are disconnected and probes are applied to them. A beep indicates an inter-turn short circuit. The reason for the lack of any resistance is an open circuit. Both the first and second causes require replacement of the valve.
When buying a valve or filter, it is necessary to choose exactly the same part. This is because different appliance manufacturers make unique parts and parts of one model may not fit another.
Nothing happens after you turn on the machine and turn on the water
Here you should trust your ears. There are two causes of malfunction. the motor or pump does not function. If the motor emits a uniform and constant hum, there is a possibility of stator and rotor wedging. You should disassemble the dishwasher and look for the problem.
How to remove the cover on a Bosch silence plus dishwasher
Inspect the screws the manufacturer used to assemble the machine. Bosch and Siemens appliances, for example, have pentahedral screws (pentalobe). It is made to prevent the user from unscrewing the appliance into its component parts using an ordinary Phillips-head screwdriver. Built-in appliances don’t have removable top case and steel sides.
Some of the dishwashers recognize partially built-in: they can not be placed in a special shelf in the kitchen furniture. With the upper part of the cabinet removed, they are installed under the lid of the table or cabinet, completing the furniture item from the front of its appearance, since the cabinet door or shelf is removed when installing the technique inside the compartment.
- prepare a set of screwdrivers and wrenches, pliers;
- disconnect the discharge and drain hoses;
- open the door and remove the gridded dish inserts and attachments;
- remove any residual water from the tank, if any;
- during disassembly should pour out the last remnants of water from the pipes;
- move the machine to the table on which it will be disassembled.
Prepare bags and/or boxes for collecting small parts. Take pictures on your smartphone camera of the entire assembly process: this measure will help you not to forget where everything was and in what sequence should be installed back.
Especially the piping and internal wiring of the device.
Widespread malfunctions of the washing machine
Hardly anyone would want to poke around in a complicated appliance. Disassembly of the dishwasher Bosch, Candy, Siemens may be needed to find and fix the breakage. To make it easier for you to navigate, let’s look at typical problems:
- Waste water not draining. Food remains from dishes, small debris are often the reason for clogging. First the filter is clogged, then the debris enters the drain pump. These can cause breakdowns. To check the parts, you need to remove the bottom of the machine.
- No head. You have to check the pressure in the tap. The installation may have been done incorrectly.
- Water is not coming out. The problem could be in the drainage system. You need to check everything step by step.
- The machine is noisy or humming. Debris from broken dishes may have entered the drain, or the bearings of the pump or motor may be worn out.
- Leakage. The hose connections are broken, the hopper is damaged or the Aquastop is broken. Appliances need to be inspected.
Before starting to disassemble the machine must be properly prepared.
The main reasons of breakage of Electrolux Dishwashers
There are typical problems, which are peculiar to the Electrolux models. As with other dishwashers, there are several factors that contribute to their appearance:
- Improper use of the appliance. Overloading of the chamber, leftovers on the surfaces, no filter cleaning.
- Use of poor quality detergents.
- Voltage fluctuations in the mains. Electrical surges and spikes can cause the electronics to burn out.
- Large amounts of impurities in the water. Potassium and magnesium salts deposit on the heating element and other parts when heated.
- Factory defect, low-quality assembly.
Few people complain about the manufacturing quality. Almost all models of Electrolux, coming to our market, are assembled in factories in Poland. But the factors mentioned above have an influence on the duration of operation.
These malfunctions occur most often due to:
- Problems with water supply and drain. Clogged ducts.
- Poor heating system. Water does not reach the set temperature.
- Poor wash quality.
- Electronic malfunctions, programs freezing, no switching on.
The self-diagnostics system helps to determine the exact cause of the malfunction. The manufacturer had foreseen the possible defects, that is why in case of malfunction the error code is displayed on the PM display. These codes often appear on users’ screens:
- I10. water not getting into the hopper.
- I20. Waste liquid is not draining out of the tank.
- I30. “Aquastop” leakage protection turned on.
- I60/ I70. Problems with heating element or temperature sensor.
- I80/ I90. Electronics faults.
- IA0. spray gun does not turn.
- Turn the unit with the wall facing you;
- Press down on the latches that are on the top side
- Use a screwdriver when unscrewing;
- Now the opening itself, find the retaining slots and gently pull forward from them, as in the photo.
Removing the cover on a Bosch dishwasher is quite simple. To do this you need to turn the machine with its back to yourself. At the top, on the sides, you will see latches that need to be pressed.
Drain pump malfunction. from 2000
This pump is responsible for draining used water from the dishwasher. This assembly consists of the housing, impeller and motor. If the pump is clogged, the impeller blades can become jammed or broken. Sometimes the motor burns out. This is caused by moisture, voltage surges or overloading (e.g. when it tries to crank a blocked paddle with foreign objects).
The dishwasher doesn’t drain after the end of the wash cycle or the washer-dryer interrupts the program by stopping with water. Error codes E23 (F23) or E24 (F24) may appear on the display.
It is necessary to disassemble the automatic dishwasher and check the drain pump. In case of a clog. remove it. If impeller or motor breaks, replace pump.
Rates are for labor only, new pump is charged separately.