How to quickly get rid of odor in the multicooker
and more often housewives use the multicooker for cooking. With the help of which you can cook a variety of dishes in a short time and please your family delicious and healthy food. With it, you can boil soup, stew the second, as well as bake fragrant pastries at tea.
After buying a household wonder pot, you can smell rubber or plastic. Its pungent smell is absorbed into the cooked food. Most often, the unpleasant aroma passes after a few times of use. Odor in the multicooker can appear in two cases: when using a new appliance and later after cooking.
Getting the smell out of your new multicooker
The multicooker is a multifunctional appliance, in the kitchen of almost everyone. It has become firmly established in everyday life due to the simplicity of its device. All you need to do is to prepare the food and choose the right mode. It saves time and allows the novice cook to make a delicious dish.
When buying this kitchen helper, you may encounter the problem of an unpleasant plastic odor that can be transferred from the bowl to the cooked food. How to get rid of the ambergris in the multicooker? There are several answers to this question:
- Pour a liter of water in the bowl and add a tablespoon of lemon juice or citric acid. We turn on the steam cooker for 30 minutes. After draining the water, we rinse it off with clean water. The unit is completely ready for operation, the plastic and rubber ambergrance is completely eliminated.
- The smell of plastic can be removed with 9%!Vinegar. We moisten a rag with it and wipe the parts without touching the heating element. The stench in the multicooker will disappear in minutes.
- If the smell in the multicooker has become unbearable, you can add two tablespoons of 9% to a liter of water!Vinegar and put it on the steam mode. After half an hour turn it off and rinse with clean water.
- If the unit stinks of plastic, you can clean it with an ordinary detergent. To do this, remove the silicone gasket from the cover and rinse it with the product under clean running water. Then dry it well and put it back in its place.
With these methods you can quickly get rid of the unpleasant plastic or rubber smell in the multicooker. This does not take much time or money.
Washing the bottom
During cooking, particles of food or drops of fat often fall into the space between the bowl and the bottom of the multicooker.
Therefore, after washing the bowl do not hurry to set it in place: carefully examine the bottom of the device and, if necessary, clean it from crumbs and grease drips with a pre-moistened soft rag.
In case of significant dirt. soak a sponge in water, then in baking soda and very gently clean the bottom of the household appliance.
TIP! After removing grease, rinse the bottom and walls with clean water, wipe them dry with a towel.
Cleaning and odor removal in the multicooker
When cleaning the multicooker observe one fundamental rule: never use scouring powders or other abrasive agents, sponges with rough surfaces. They can scratch, damage the surface of the appliance. Use a soft cloth, sponge soaked in a nonaggressive detergent, such as dishwashing gel.
How to get rid of odor in the multicooker by thorough cleaning:
- Turn the appliance off.
- Wash all parts with dishwashing gel. Do not clean the device with a hot cloth immediately after use.
- Wash the inside walls with a soft cloth or sponge with a special cleaner for multicookers and microwaves or other suitable substance. If there are any stuck or burnt-on food residues in the bowl, you can remove them with a special cleaning spray. In case of stubborn stains, boil water in the multicooker (a few minutes). this will help soften the stains that give off odor.
- Now remove grease deposits or food residue around the door with a gasket. This can be done with a sponge.
- Wipe the outside of the unit with a damp cloth and a suitable cleaning agent. Be careful not to get the cloth too wet. Do not allow water to enter the vents. Do not get the control panel wet.
- Glass surfaces can be polished with lemon juice or vinegar diluted in water.
- Wipe the multicooker dry.
How to Clean Your Instant Pot w/a GENIUS HACK!
The double power of lemon and orange
and Redmond recommend removing the smell with lemon and orange.
In the bowl of the multicooker, slice the citrus fruit, fill with water, turn on the device for 30 minutes. Orange captures grease, lemon gets rid of odor, the outgoing steam softens and dirt (later they can be easily removed with a sponge).
Home all-purpose cleaner is a practical tool that is appreciated by many housewives for its ability to get rid of fish smell, remove the smell of plastic from the new multicooker. The process of making it is very simple.
To get the solution, you will need:
- 1 L of warm water;
- 1 tbsp. л. baking soda;
- 1 st. л. vinegar;
- A few drops of essential oil (you can use citrus, pine scent, cinnamon, lavender).
Combating plastic odor in a new appliance
When you brought the new wonder of technology home and unpacked it, except for the joy, you will also feel the unpleasant smell of plastic, which must be dealt with somehow. Let’s consider a few common remedies that will help deal with the unpleasant odor.
When new appliances stink, citric acid or fresh lemon will help you. For this you need to pour a liter of clean water into the bowl of the device and add to it citric acid or chopped lemon. Then set the steam program for half an hour and turn on the multicooker. After the time has elapsed, drain the lemon water and wash the bowl.
This remedy is quite effective when the appliance has a specific smell, like plastic. With the help of vinegar you can remove the smell in the multicooker in two ways.
- Moisten a cloth with 9% vinegar and wipe the bowl and lid of the appliance with it. Especially carefully treat the silicone seal on the lid. It is also a good idea to clean the outside of the multicooker.
- Fill the bowl with a liter of water and add a tablespoon of vinegar to it. Next, as in the case of citric acid, set the steam mode for half an hour.
If the appliance stinks, try using dishwashing detergent. You will need to remove the sealing rubber from the lid of the appliance. After removing the bowl, wash it thoroughly with a sponge and detergent and then rinse with clean water. After wiping the rubber band, put it back in place. It is unacceptable to put it wet to avoid getting moisture on the heating element.
The above methods are easy to use and very effective. By using them, you can get rid of the unpleasant synthetic smell of plastic and rubber.
Another handy remedy to eliminate the chemical odor in the new kettle is the usual sugar, with the addition of citric acid. It can be used in two ways.
- Draw a kettle full of cold water and boil it;
- after turning it off, add 3 spoons of sugar with a pinch of citric acid;
- without turning on the kettle, leave the sweet mixture for 10-15 minutes;
- Drain the syrup, rinse the inner walls well with water.
- Pour three tablespoons of sugar into an empty kettle and leave it for 12 hours without adding water;
- After the time has elapsed, dilute half a teaspoon of citric acid in warm water;
- With the resulting liquid rinse the kettle of sugar;
- Finally rinse under running water.
Housekeeping Instructions : How to Remove Odors From Plastic Containers & Lids
How to get rid of the plastic smell in a new multicooker
Newly purchased budget appliance often has a characteristic smell of plastic or rubber. In the accompanying documents of the goods manufacturers explain: a specific aroma is not a sign of malfunction. The unpleasant stench will weatherize on its own. It occurs after 2-3 three days of use.
If you need to get rid of the smell faster, you should wash the bowl of the multicooker with detergent and boil water in it. It is necessary to remove the silicone seal on the lid and treat it with household detergent and rinse with running water. After it has dried, put it back in place.
How to get rid of odor inside the multicooker
New things have one unpleasant feature. an unpleasant synthetic smell. This quality is also characteristic of multicookers. Since it will be cooking food in it, such smell from the multicooker must be removed, without waiting for it to disappear on its own. It is also not uncommon for this appliance to require you to remove the odor from previously cooked food. Often the emitted aroma of plastic in new appliances is quite persistent. To remove it simply by washing, even with detergent, is unlikely. Hence the logical question arises, but how to get rid of the smell in the multicooker and finally start cooking in it. There are quite a few ways and methods to cope with this task.
The various options to combat odor in the multicooker can be divided into two groups. One group includes the most suitable methods for new appliances, while the other group methods are the most suitable for removing the aromas of previously cooked dishes. Some detergents can be used for both, but the principle of their application differs.
Combating plastic odor in your new appliance
When you brought a new wonder of technology home and unpacked it, except for joy, you also feel the unpleasant smell of plastic, which must be somehow dealt with. Consider a few common remedies to help deal with the unpleasant odor.
When new appliances stink, citric acid or fresh lemon will help. For this you need to pour a liter of clean water in the bowl of the device and add to it citric acid or chopped lemon. Then set the steam program for half an hour and turn on the multicooker. After time, drain the lemon water and wash the bowl.
This remedy is quite effective when the appliance smells specifically like plastic. Vinegar can be used to remove the smell in the multicooker in two ways.
- Moisten a cloth with 9% vinegar and wipe the bowl and lid of the appliance with it. Pay extra attention to the silicone seal on the lid. It is also not superfluous to treat the outside of the multicooker.
- Fill a bowl with a liter of water and add to it a tablespoon of vinegar. Next, as in the case of citric acid, set the steam cooker mode for half an hour.
If the appliance stinks, try using a dishwashing detergent. To do this, you will need to remove the sealing rubber from the lid of the device. After removing the cover, wash it thoroughly with a sponge and detergent and then rinse with clean water. After wiping off the rubber band, put it back in place. It is inadmissible to put it wet to avoid getting moisture on the heating element.
These methods are easy to use and very effective. Using them, you can get rid of the unpleasant synthetic smell of plastic and rubber inherent in new appliances.
Fight the smell of previously cooked food
Having eliminated the initial smell from the multicooker in the course of its operation another need arises. Cooking smells must be removed. The following methods are considered the most effective.
It is perfect if you need to eliminate the smell in the multicooker from seafood. This method is implemented with the help of vinegar. Fill a bowl with two gallons of water and add two tablespoons of 9% vinegar. Turn on the multicooker for 30-40 minutes in steaming mode. After that, pour the solution out of the bowl and wash it as usual with a dishwashing detergent. You will also need to wash and clean the steam valve. Wipe the lid with a moistened sponge and then wipe dry with a dry towel or cloth.
The second method
Thanks to its absorbent properties it is good to cope with unnecessary coffee aroma. Put a saucer with natural ground coffee in the bowl and close the lid. Leave the coffee inside for 7-10 hours, during this time it will absorb all the unpleasant smell from the multicooker.
The composition of baking soda and salt also copes well with remaining food odors. Mix one part baking soda and one part salt. Add water until a pasty mixture forms. Rinse the bowl 3-4 times with the resulting composition, and then rinse it with clean water.
To remove the unwanted flavor you will need celery or, alternatively, ginger. Put chopped celery or ginger root in the bowl and fill with water. For greater efficiency, you can squeeze the juice of a lemon into the bowl. Set the steam mode for 30 minutes and turn on the multicooker. Then pour the solution out and wash the bowl.
Recommendations for storing and using the multicooker
To remove the smell in the multicooker as seldom as possible, try to follow a few rules.
- After cooking, put it in another dish and wash the bowl.
- Store the multicooker in a ventilated place, which is not a closed cabinet. A kitchen worktop is a good place to store it.
- To prevent a musty odor inside the appliance, leave the valve open.
Having learned about the means, methods and methods of removing odor from the multicooker, it will not be difficult to eliminate it. Applying the above recommendations in practice will minimize the likelihood of unpleasant flavors in this kitchen appliance. And interaction with the device will bring only pleasant impressions and great taste of cooked dishes.
To prevent unpleasant odor from reappearing after cleaning and spoiling the cooked food, follow the recommendations for caring for the multicooker. They are not complicated:
- Do not keep the cooked food in the cup, put it in another dish;
- Do not close the multicooker after cooking;
- Try not to keep the appliance near the radiator. in heat bacteria develops more intensively.
If you doubt the effectiveness of these rules. store orange or lemon zest in the multicooker. You can also add a handful of coffee beans after cooking. In this case, the appliance will emit a pleasant aroma and no problems will arise.