Risks of the proximity of the refrigerator and the gas pipe
Having considered the principle of refrigerator’s work, it is possible to name some basic details, to which it is necessary to have a closer look. Given that the heat exchanger, compressor, evaporator are involved, certain risks are possible.
Consequently, to approach the choice of place for installing equipment, should be more judicious and balanced, if possible, adhering to certain recommendations of experts.
During heat exchange, the system gives off heat, so that the walls of the refrigerator can heat up quite strongly. It depends on the brand and model of equipment. In addition, the operation of the compressor, which pumps freon and makes it move through the system, is impossible without electricity.
As a result of operation, there are already two hazards. Therefore, let’s consider in detail what you should pay close attention to:
- Heat transfer through the walls. In some types of equipment, the temperature can reach quite high values. Manufacturers, arranging test-drives of equipment, fixed abnormal temperature increase, up to 50-60 degrees. The indicators are high, given the special location of the equipment in the apartment or house. Temperature increase to such figures is associated directly with violations of the parts of the equipment.
- Electricity is a hazard in and of itself. Bare wires, sparks, and shorts from faulty components can transfer current to a pipe. A short circuit in the wiring of a refrigerator that stands close to the gas mains could theoretically cause a fire or voltage to the gas pipe.
Are the hazards presented really dangerous when operating refrigeration equipment that is installed near a gas pipe? What exactly can be encountered in domestic use?
Getting out of the situation
If the only possible place in the kitchen is next to the heating system, care should be taken to protect the appliance and extend its life. There are several points that must be followed so that the appliance can stand next to the battery:
- Never place the back wall close to a heat source;
- It is desirable that the battery occupies only part of the side wall, for the normal functioning of the electrical appliance;
- Make a partition or screen, place foil on top, and put it between the radiator and the refrigerator. This method will help insulate the heat. You can use self-adhesive foam tape on the side of the appliance. Foil serves to reflect heat fluxes, foil serves to absorb heat.
Induction hob next to the refrigerator
Induction stoves pose little or no risk to the refrigerator. Their principle of operation is such that they emit minimum heat. The air can only be heated by cookware placed on the stove. Therefore, the induction stove can be placed close to the refrigerator.
The only thing to be wary of is splashing water and grease. You can protect yourself from them with a screen of any thickness. It can be made of:
Instructions for making a protective shield
Use shields to separate the refrigerator from the gas stove. You can make insulation from a variety of materials, such as particle board. Plates have high rigidity, so they can not be glued to the surface of the appliances.
Option #1. insulation with wood chipboard
Protect your refrigerator from the impact of the gas stove will help Woodchip board. Install it between the appliances and the stove.
The side edges of the board should be covered with glue tape. Otherwise you will see the different chips in the structure. In addition, in the places of uncovered cuts, the material is difficult to wash. That’s why the ends and covered with a decorative film or laminate. This service can be ordered in places where the sheets are cut.
On average, the thermal protection of chipboard lasts for three years. After the appearance is lost, as moisture and heat destroy the structure of the material. But since such insulation is inexpensive, it can be replaced even every year.
Option #2. construction of a tile backboard
Looks beautiful, easy to clean. the main advantages of tile insulation board. It fits in optimally with the kitchen design, especially if it matches the style and color with the “apron”.
If moisture gets on the plasterboard, it will begin to deteriorate. Therefore, when laying tiles, carefully caulk the gaps.
Option #3. making a mirror screen
Mirrored surfaces are good at reflecting heat. Mirror, glass or foil can be used as the main insulation material. Fix the insulation on the wall with glue.
Partition with foil is thinner than other thermal insulation options. To improve the protective properties, you can glue the material to a thick board. Then the mirror screen will be durable and will last longer.
The only disadvantage of such insulation is a mirror reflection, but it can be removed by laying fluted glass on top.
To place in close proximity to each other such differently-directed appliances such as a refrigerator and a stove, is extremely undesirable. This has the following negative consequences:
- Heat is always released during cooking. This heat heats the side of the refrigerator next to the stove. To compensate and maintain the required temperature, the compressor starts working harder, consuming more electricity.
- The equipment works through wear and tear, almost to the limit of its ability, and the service life is curtailed, of course.
- Since only one wall of the refrigerator is heated, it cools down unevenly. Ice begins to form on the other side that doesn’t need the extra cooling. This is not good for the food you keep in the refrigerator (some of it even freezes).
- Cooking always produces steam, grease and sometimes soot. All of this escapes in different directions, including the side of the refrigerator, which has to be cleaned daily. But the surface of this appliance is usually not designed for such frequent wiping and its appearance quickly becomes unsightly (the white enamel turns yellow).
- Under the influence of hot air (especially from the oven) can melt or deform plastic elements, as well as crack the rubber seal.
- Using the stove, adjacent to large appliances, simply uncomfortable, because there is access only on one side. Always the refrigerator is a nuisance, the hostess bumps her elbows against it, the handles of pots and pans are constantly resting against the side wall of the device.
What should be the distance between them
The minimum allowable distance between the cooking hob and the refrigeration equipment must be at least 150 mm. You can put a narrow open cabinet in this space, or you can embed some fittings in it (mesh baskets for bottles, holders for trays, etc.).). The most dangerous for the refrigerator is considered the neighborhood with a gas stove, electric stoves heat the kitchen neighbors less. The safest in this regard are induction cooktops, as well as ovens that have high thermal insulation (these are usually built-in appliances).
According to feng shui the refrigeration equipment represents the water element, but the stove represents fire. Opposites do not get along with each other, bringing quarrels and conflicts into the house.
Why the refrigerator and the oven are not the best neighbors?
Put a refrigerator with an oven is not recommended by the manufacturers of kitchen appliances. Refrigeration and heating equipment has its own technical, operational and functional features. When they work, they emit heat into the surrounding space, which can put an additional load on the working system of the neighboring unit. It is fraught with rapid equipment failure, wear and tear of its individual parts and mechanisms.
One of the properties of a refrigerator cooling system is that it gives off heat to the outside environment when it is in operation, and the back wall of the unit heats up. If additional heat is applied to the refrigeration equipment, the compressor is forced to increase the power, and the equipment will overheat. Therefore, if the distance between the refrigerator and the oven is small, the life of the former is reduced. Sparks may occur when the heated oven is exposed to increased heat, possibly increasing the temperature inside the household appliance.
When buying a refrigerator and oven, you should pay attention to the recommendations in the appliance instructions. The manufacturers always indicate the minimum distance for installing the equipment and possible restrictions for joint operation.
Refrigerator next to another refrigerator
You can place your refrigerator next to another refrigerator at a distance of 2-3 cm from each other. Built-in models can be installed side by side, since they are separated from each other one way or another by a chipboard or chipboard enclosure. In the photo below you can see an example of installation of two built-in refrigerators in cabinets columns with hinged doors. As you see, we have something like Side by Side model.
Hvordan man får gaskøleskabet til at køle igen. How to make your fridge cool again.
The manufacturers advise that in order for the refrigerator to operate properly, the stove should stand at a distance of 15 cm or more from it. In other words, it is enough to leave a gap between them and then you can operate the appliances without any fear.
It is possible to do it, but it is necessary to take into account the minimum safe distances. Refrigerator in general can not be placed close to the walls and furniture. there must be a gap for air circulation. Manufacturers recommend to install the kitchen stove at least 15 cm from the fridge.
Protection against splashing and grease
You can’t avoid problems if you put your fridge right next to the gas stove. The stove heats up its “neighbor” while you’re cooking. The appliance will begin to cool irregularly, working to the wear and tear. Power consumption will increase many times, the service life of the refrigerator will be reduced. The wall next to the stove will be covered by a layer of grease and oil drips.
The manufacturers recommend leaving at least 50 cm between the stove and the refrigerator. Separate them with a custom-built kitchen cabinet or cabinet. They’ll protect your appliances from heat and provide additional storage for food and utensils.
If there is no other option, make a partition between the “neighbors” of plasterboard or aerated concrete. To fit into the interior, decorate it to your liking. Suitable for a protective wall of tempered glass.
If the fridge next to the stove in the kitchen, how to cover the walls from splashing? Insulating sheets that are laid between household appliances, saving from overheating of appliances, but not from splashing and dripping grease. The easiest way to protect against this is to make a screen of foil framed with a metal frame.
For fasteners use hooks or magnets. PVC-film or similar materials should not be used. They do not withstand high temperatures. And grease droplets flying around are usually very hot.