On what side to transport the refrigerator Indesit?
The rules of transportation of the new refrigerator from the store depend on the recommendations of the manufacturer and the requirements of the service center. You need to check them with a representative, consultant, manager or salesman. Check that they are the same as those indicated in the manual.
If it appears that you transported the equipment incorrectly, there is a risk to lose the warranty. If the refrigerator is damaged due to improper transportation, you will be refused service. There is a 99% chance that the warranty will be voided.
If the refrigerator or freezer is being delivered to you by the seller, clarify exactly how he will transport it. Small stores may not have a truck, rigging gear and other necessary equipment. If your fridge gets damaged during the delivery and you don’t notice it, you are at fault.
Transported in the wrong position
It is best to transport your refrigerator vertically. On its side or the back wall as a last resort. The same applies to pick-up and delivery to the floor. If it was brought in lying down, it is still brought in that position.
The reason is that the refrigerator’s compressor is on the bottom. There is little compressor in its crankcase. When transported lying down or on its side, it gets caught in the freon tubes. From there, the oil goes into the evaporator or condenser. Although it shouldn’t be there. For transportation methods, we recommend reading this article about how to properly transport your refrigerator in different positions.
If you must transport or carry your refrigerator on its side, read the instructions. The manufacturers specify on which side it shall be transported. left or right.
Is it possible to transport the refrigerator lying on its side in the car: safety rules
The basics of transporting the fridge horizontally: is this position dangerous
If the refrigerator will not have enough oil after delivery, you need to wait for it to appear after “uprighting” the appliance
The specialists of the service centers and manufacturers insist that it is extremely undesirable to transport the new appliances in the horizontal position without a special need. That can quickly destroy its performance. However, if the following simple rules are observed, the risk of damage to the refrigerator units and assemblies will be minimized:
- When there is no delivery in your locality, and you have purchased a new household appliance, it is necessary to carefully inspect the packaging of the refrigerator. It is necessarily marked on it in what position the bought device should be in when transporting.
- In the store, you can study the instructions that detail which side is best to lay the appliance on. Determine which tube from the compressor the freon comes out of, it is the one that must look up if the refrigerator is laid down.
- be sure to stow the unit with the door hinges facing upward because they can be damaged by loading or unloading. Be sure to secure the compressor with bolts (bolts are usually supplied with the unit).
[show/hide] The optimal position for moving the refrigerators is vertical, but it is important to fix it carefully
When transporting the unit in the car, remember that lying position is dangerous for the refrigerator. There is a high risk of freon and compressor oil leakage. Not only will the appliance stop freezing, but it may not start at all.
The nuances of transporting the unit at an incline
Transport your new refrigerator by wrapping it in thick cardboard or bubble wrap beforehand
The inclined position is acceptable only if it is not possible to load the refrigerator into the car in an upright position. Remember that the maximum grade should not exceed 40°. Otherwise you will face the problem of compressor oil drainage and also freon movement in the opposite direction.
Trying to transport the refrigerator on its side: which to choose left or right
A strapped appliance will not fall during turns and gradients of the road, and as a consequence will remain intact
If vertical loading of the household appliance is not possible, which we understand is the most optimal for transportation, then the refrigerator can be placed sideways, observing a number of the following rules:
- Place the appliance so that its doors are not pressed against anything, preferably with their hinges looking up, as well as the tube that transmits freon for cooling refrigerators.
- In order to fix all the moving elements (compressor and doors) it is necessary to use special fixing straps or adhesive tape. This will prevent the construction from warping.
- Pay attention to the surface where the refrigerator will be put. It is important to cover it in advance with a thick old blanket or any other thick cloth. Next, fix the refrigerator in place so that it does not slip on the body or trailer, ideally leave two people who will additionally hold the equipment.
- It is necessary to load and unload the appliance carefully, without grasping the doors, as you can easily tear them off the hinges, and put them back in place will be very troublesome.
- If there is no possibility to fix inner shelves and containers inside the fridge, it is better to remove them and transport separately from the appliances.
Keep a uniform plane when transporting the refrigerator, slopes in a lying position will lead to warping of walls or doors of the unit
How to correctly transport the new fridge in the car in the recumbent position
Do not transport your refrigerator yourself on a bicycle or motorcycle, you risk losing the unit on the way
Modern refrigerators, although made of durable plastic, are much inferior in their strength to their Soviet brothers. Therefore, it is necessary to provide for all the subtleties:
- The sides of the car in which you will be transported should be higher than the height of the refrigerator, if you plan to stand the unit upright.
- Be sure to have fasteners: ropes and special straps will save the unit from falling and deformation.
- If your appliances are equipped with wheels, it is better to unscrew them for the time of transportation, otherwise any turning of the car will make the refrigerator ride all over the body or trailer.
- If you are taking household appliances from the store, do not take them out of the box. The unit is protected by plastic and sealed film. If you simply transport it from place to place, then wrap it in a thick package, wrap it in a rag.
Due to improper transportation in the compressor of the refrigerator can break the springs, which will affect the performance
Transportation of the old Soviet refrigerator when moving
The Soviet models of refrigerators are more tolerant to transport delivery, they can be transported not only in the trailer of the car, but also on the top luggage compartment, having laid down dense cloth in advance in order not to damage the paint coating. In addition, even the old types of refrigerators “Dnepr”, “Oka”, “Salut”, “Odessa” it is forbidden to put on the back side (downside of the engine). But they are allowed to be transported lying on their side.
Before transportation, the refrigerator must cool down, for this purpose disconnect it from power supply in advance
Although the external structure of the “domestic” units is durable, mixture of freon and oil can occur at any moment. As a rule, such a condition is not repairable.
Ways of transporting your Liebherr refrigerator in a car
Carrying your Liebherr refrigerator standing up
The most appropriate variant is to transport the refrigerator standing up. Certainly, it is necessary to order a truck, but this type of transportation will reliably preserve all the parts of your fridge.
To prevent the refrigerator from shifting, it is recommended to use special straps and supports. If it is not possible to transport the refrigerator in a completely vertical position, you can tilt it a little. It is important to take into account that the angle of inclination should not exceed 40 degrees.
Often in the companies, performing cargo transportation, it is possible to meet the special offers for transportation of the refrigerator. The experienced movers will professionally lift your fridge into the cargo compartment of the car and fasten it with special straps. Such service costs incomparably less than buying a new refrigerator to replace a broken one as a result of improper transportation.
Transporting the Liebherr refrigerator in the car lying down
In order to avoid deformation during loading the cooling unit, prepare for shipping.
The preparatory steps may be divided into the following:
Defrost the unit. Disconnect the unit from the power supply in advance so that it fully accepts room temperature. Before loading it into the car, it should have time to dry.
Do not forget to remove the interior shelves, which can be damaged during shipping. They should be packed separately.
Fasten all the important parts that are on the back of the refrigerator firmly. It is best secured with bolts, if you do not have them, secure it with thick cardboard.
Fasten the main door as securely as possible, do not forget to fasten the freezer compartment. The refrigerator should be tightly wrapped with special packing material.
When you have taken into account all the nuances of the preparatory part, you can start loading into the vehicle.
Transporting a Liebherr refrigerator in a tilted car
This option in terms of safety is intermediate and requires compliance with several basic rules:
- The angle of inclination should not exceed 40˚.
- To reduce vibration during transportation, under the refrigerator placed improvised materials (blankets, quilts, etc.), and the sides of the refrigerator are fixed. д.), and fix other things on the sides.
- The driver should drive as smoothly and carefully as possible to reduce the effects of vibrations.
This approach makes the driver’s task a lot easier. Breakdowns occurring in this case appear, as a rule, not because of the chosen position, but as a result of incorrect loading and lack of good fasteners.
The ban on transporting Liebherr refrigerator in the car on the front and back side
Despite the undesirability of transporting equipment in lying position, such a need occasionally arises. There is nothing terrible in this, but it is necessary to take into account some recommendations:
Do not place your refrigerator face up. this is the most vulnerable position for the compressor;
Equally undesirable and reverse placement. the doors may not withstand the move;
Installation and connection on the side of the enclosure is best.
The door hinges should be in the upper part of the body. The vehicle should be driven smoothly and at a low speed.
The actions of the driver when transporting the refrigerator Biryusa in the car
The “father of the family” must be properly and securely fastened in the back of the vehicle for all transportation (supine or upright). Otherwise, its safety is very difficult to guarantee. For this purpose, use special straps. Avoid uneven or bumpy roads with potholes when transporting. Speed should be slow enough, without sudden stops and brakes.
To make the job of moving bulky items, including refrigerators, easier, experienced drivers and movers have a special cart. The fridge in its secured position goes in the car. Then, together with it, it is unloaded and carefully driven on. On the steps or in the elevator, the unit is moved along the floors, without removing it from the mobile cargo cart. This only happens when the unit is delivered to the right room. There, the refrigerator is detached, placed in its place in the room, and waits to continue its “labor watch”.
How to transport the fridge in a passenger car
The first thing your refrigerator needs to be properly packaged so that it does not have chips in transit, as well as major components are not damaged.
Depending on the capabilities of the car, there is an option of transporting the refrigerator while standing or lying down. Let’s consider both variants.
Transporting the refrigerator while standing on the roof: rules
There is nothing complicated here. It is necessary to bring the refrigerator to the car and carefully load it on the roof, usually this is where it is transported while standing. This option is only suitable if the car is equipped with a roof rack.
There are several disadvantages of this method of transportation, which should be understood:
- In such a way to transport the car for a long distance is not possible. At most, within the city;
- When transporting the refrigerator on the roof of a passenger car, the driver should not speed above 50 km/h. It is best to drive in the right lane, and it is not recommended to choose sections of road with a lot of bumps, including artificial (lying policemen). But, at the same time, to go on the highway with such a load is also not the best idea, because the car at such a slow speed will interfere with other traffic participants;
- Competent packing of the fridge when transporting it on a roof has a decisive role. There is always a probability that it will rain which can get on electric components of the refrigerator and as a result it will break down.
When transporting the refrigerator standing on the roof, it is necessary to fasten it as securely as possible. If the device falls during transport, it can cause a traffic accident.
Transportation of the refrigerator lying down: rules
There is a widespread belief that a refrigerator should not be transported lying down. In fact, it is not so. Even a new refrigerator from the store, more often than not, is carried exactly in the prone position. However, there is one major difference when transporting a new refrigerator and when moving. the lack of a factory box. The manufacturer indicates on the box which way the refrigerator can be put, so that when transporting the refrigerator the oil does not get into the refrigerant circulation contour, which can lead to the breakdown of the device.
Accordingly, in order to move the refrigerator lying down in a passenger car, you need to determine which side of the device to put for safe transportation.
Carrying a refrigerator lying down when moving in the cabin and on the roof is practically the same. The main thing is to place the unit correctly. When transporting it on the roof, you need to follow the rules described above for vertical transportation.
To transport your refrigerator lying in a passenger car, you need to put it so that the compressor tube (through which the refrigerant comes out of the compressor when the unit is running) is facing upward.
How I Organise My Chest Freezer | A Thousand Words
There are several ways to determine the refrigerant flow direction through the compressor. The safest course of action is to read the owner’s manual for your refrigerator. Some models of the refrigerator can be transported simply on the back wall.
Even if the manual has long been scrapped, you can now find the manual for almost any refrigerator on the Internet, even the oldest one.
If there is no manual, do the following steps:
- Turn the refrigerator with the back side where the compressor tubes and other components of the unit are located;
- You will see the compressor motor (the main part of the refrigerator, looks, most often, like a round or square box);
- There are two tubes that go to this motor. Usually one fits on one side, the other on the other. You need to touch both tubes and determine which one is hot;
Don’t get burned, the tube can be very hot. When checking, the unit should be just unplugged or plugged in (at least 10-20 minutes should have passed since it was plugged in).
- By determining which tube is hot, you can conclude how to put the refrigerator. It should be placed so that the hot tube in the direction of travel from the compressor looks up. Some compressors may have an arrow showing the direction of refrigerant circulation.
If the refrigerator has two tubes on one side, they must both face up when shipped.
After determining the side of the refrigerator on which it can be put for transportation, it remains to bring the device to the car, carefully load it and you can proceed directly to the transportation.
How To Fix Chest & Upright Freezer Compressor That Won’t Start Up Or Freeze Bad Hard Start IDYLIS
No matter whether you put your fridge in the cabin or on the roof, you need to make sure it is securely fastened. Be sure to check that the refrigerator door will not open in transit.
Preparing your refrigerator for transport
Before you pack your refrigerator, prepare it. Follow these steps to do so:
- Disconnect the refrigerator from the power supply;
- If your refrigerator has magnets or other decorations, remove them;
- Carefully slide it out so you have access to all parts of the unit;
- Remove the food from the cooler. Perishables are best packed in a cooler bag, if available. Pack other foods in a box, but be sure to label it so you don’t lose it among other things after the move;
- Remove any removable parts from the refrigerator: shelves, drawers, fresheners, etc. Rinse them thoroughly and let them dry before packing them. It is recommended to stack the glass shelves on top of each other and put pieces of shipping carton between them. Next, wrap them in cling film and wrap the whole thing in another layer of cardboard to avoid damaging them for sure. Boxes and other removable elements pack in a separate box and label it;
Often the glass shelves for replacement for a particular model of refrigerator can not be bought separately, so their packaging should be treated with the utmost care, so that they were delivered in one piece.
- If possible, remove removable elements: handles, plastic covers, etc. This is necessary so that they will not be damaged even if the refrigerator is bumped during transportation;
- For refrigerators that require defrosting, it should be done according to the instructions;
- The final stage of preparation. washing the refrigerator. It should be well washed and dried. Try to wash your refrigerator not only from the front, but also from the back and inside and underneath. This will reduce the chance of the unit getting dirty on the upholstery in the car or on the floors in the new apartment during transportation.
Having correctly prepared the refrigerator, pass to its packing for transportation.
How to move your refrigerator properly
When transporting your refrigerator, follow the transportation rules set out in the manufacturer’s instructions. On the list of mandatory requirements:
- The best way to transport your refrigerator is to place the equipment vertically.
- Moving parts of appliances, including the compressor, need to be securely secured.
- You should free the unit from metal grilles, plastic shelves, glass, trays.
- The instructions for the unit state that after transportation, it should not be turned on for 3-4 hours to allow the refrigerant to redistribute through the tubes.
- It is possible to move the No-frost appliances without defrosting them, it is enough to clean the interior of the appliances.
- Anti-impact packaging, protective films on doors, screws and special transport spacers that fix the compressor and mitigate possible mechanical damage and vibrations during delivery by machine are mandatory.
- If possible, it is recommended to order from professionals the service. the transportation of refrigerators with movers in a special vehicle equipped with devices for large-sized household appliances.
There may be different requirements on how to transport the old and new equipment.
When purchasing appliances, it is advisable to study the instructions on the packaging of the unit. The instructions describe on which side you can load the refrigerator for transport. You will not need to pack the appliance.к. Sold the equipment in a box with blocks of dense foam for safe shipping
Keep in mind that some manufacturers warn in the manual to remove the warranty of the equipment when the unit is transported lying on its side in a passenger car.
Therefore, it is recommended to ask the seller-consultants the nuances of the warranty service.
The old one when you move
When transporting the household appliance from one apartment to another or to the country house unpacked, safety regulations must be followed. One way to transport the unit is to place it in the car in a supine position on its side. At the same time the tube that allows the refrigerant to circulate from the engine of the freezing equipment should be located on top.
If the rule is violated, the appliances can fail. For safe transportation of the cooling unit is required to pack it in thick cardboard, use foam rubber or foam blocks to prevent breakage.
View ” Why you can’t put hot foods and pans in the refrigerator: what temperature to cool to
Turning on the refrigerator after defrosting/moving
The requirements for the delivery of the refrigerator from the store to the apartment also apply when moving to a new place of residence. This also applies to new appliances and old ones. When you buy a used unit, it is also not plugged in for the allotted time.
After a complete defrosting, the device is not plugged in for two hours. During this time, the condensation evaporates. It is spent on washing the appliance and drying the removable compartments.
Defrosting under natural conditions
Important! Defrosting should occur naturally. Do not use a hair dryer or place a container with hot water inside. It takes at least 4 hours to completely free the walls of the appliance and the freezer compartment from ice.