All work to ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen electrical appliance should begin when it is purchased and installed in place.
Refrigerator, despite the apparent solidity of the device is quite fragile, and improper transportation can cause damage to the refrigerator. Therefore, manufacturers recommend transporting kitchen appliances in an upright position. this will reduce the risk of damage to its parts, including the protective coating, will prevent oil leakage from the compressor.
How to Whiten Yellowed Parts! | Nerf Modding Tips 3
This option is not always convenient, the height of some models exceeds two meters, so study the information on the packaging: it should be specified on what side is allowed to put the refrigeration unit.
You do not need to worry about the serviceability of parts and assemblies. as a rule the manufacturers take care of this, laying the foam in the box. But the integrity of the exterior coating is your concern, so protect the unit with a thick polyethylene.
Upon arrival, remove the film and treat the entire outside of the refrigerator with a detergent, wiping it dry afterwards.
If you are transporting an old refrigerator and there is no factory packing, then follow the following rule: place the unit so that the refrigerant outlet tube from the compressor is facing upward.
During transportation, try to avoid sudden braking and high speeds on rough roads. this will protect the refrigerator from shocks and strong vibrations.
- Think in advance about where your new “inhabitant” will be placed in your kitchen. The convenience and accessibility of all surfaces of the unit during further operation depends on the choice;
- It is impermissible to install the refrigerator near the heating unit, stove. As a last resort, separate it from the source of heat with a cabinet or a decorative partition;
- also the proximity of moisture is undesirable: it is not safe to operate an electrical device in these conditions;
- being close to the place designed for washing dishes (sink, faucet) can negatively affect the protective layer of the external surfaces: when cleaning dishes, aggressive detergents are often used, drops of which may fall onto the refrigerator.
After choosing a location for your refrigerator and installing it, wait at least two hours to allow the condensation water to evaporate from the surfaces of the functional parts, especially if the appliance has been transported during the cold season. After the specified time, connect the refrigerator to the power supply.
The basic principle for keeping the appliance clean is to take care of it regularly and consistently. This rule applies to all household items and devices.
For daily cleaning it will be enough to wipe all external parts of the fridge with a microfiber cloth, the same material should be used for more thorough cleaning. If your refrigerator smells bad, use the tips in this article.
Never use hard sponges. in addition to breaking the protective layer and possible rusting of the refrigerator, dirt and soot will clog the micro-damage much faster, and it will not be so easy to remove them.
Learn How To Whiten The Color Of Your Appliances That Became Yellowish
Soapy solutions are the gentlest on the outside of the refrigerator.
You can make such a remedy yourself:
- Mix water with table vinegar in equal parts;
- Add 1 drop of liquid soap and 1 drop of essential oil of lemon, tea tree, or any other oil that has antimicrobial properties and a pleasant smell;
- Pour the mixture into a spray gun and spray the soiled area;
- wipe with a cloth, dry.
For shining, use a special furniture polish, car-wax or put a few drops of vegetable oil on a dry cloth and rub the fridge surface.
Clean the marker or pen
If in your house there are small children, then the problem of outlining surfaces, and any, with markers, felt-tip pens and other writing equipment, you probably close. To remove traces of the marker from the refrigerator, you must first find out what base it is. water-based, alcohol-based, oil-based or acrylic. It says so on the label. The hardest to remove is the permanent marker or felt-tip pen. The sooner you start cleaning, the more likely you will be able to remove the ink without trace:
- Flood-based marker erases with an ordinary soapy solution;
- Alcohol-based marker can be rubbed off with alcohol. But first check in a small place, how the alcohol will affect the enamel;
- If that doesn’t work, try a solvent like white spirit;
- Try wiping off the ink with toothpaste before you’re exposed to solvent;
Preparing for bleaching
Before you start bleaching, you need to unplug the unit from the mains. You need to wait for the freezer to defrost and take all the food out of the refrigerator.
You also need to take out all the shelves, containers and racks that are inside. You also need to remove all small elements. To prepare a special solution for them a special soak overnight.
It is not uncommon for hostesses to use alcohol or acetone. It can effectively bleach plastic, but it easily damages the products, destroys the structure of the material removes the top layer of coating. So choose aggressive solvents only for rough and thick plastics. Test the product on an inconspicuous spot before use.
If you decide to use solvents, moisten a cotton pad in acetone or varnish remover. Wipe the plastic and wipe off traces with a damp cloth. If using alcohol, soak a rag in the liquid and wipe the yellowed items. Rinse off any residue with clean water.
In neglected cases, you can clean yellow plastic appliances with hydrogen peroxide (perhydrol). Dampen a cotton pad with peroxide and completely wipe off the grease and dust on the plastic beforehand. You must repeat the procedure at least three times. To enhance the effect, it is advised to prepare a solution based on peroxide and bleach for hair. Dissolve 2 tbsp (0.02 oz) of the water in a cup of sodium hydroxide. л. Dissolve 1 liter of peroxide and bleach in 1 liter of water. Sponge the entire fridge with a damp sponge and it will shine again.
Fixing Yellowed Plastic Appliance Parts
Chlorine and baking soda help whiten small items, which can be removed and soaked in a solution overnight. You can use any product that contains chlorine: bleach, stain remover, etc. If you are not satisfied with the result, dissolve 1 tbsp. л. Technical soda and washing soda in a liter of water. Soaking in such a remedy for 10 or more hours will help even in the most neglected cases.
How to clean the fridge from yellowing with folk remedies
Yellow stains on plastic arise due to untimely maintenance of the refrigerator compartment. Surfaces begin to turn yellow because of constant contact with food residues that penetrate the coating and provoke the appearance of stains and streaks. The best way to prevent them is to clean the fridge compartment regularly and remove any stains. If the stain did appear and you do not know how to remove it, then you can use folk remedies, which probably exist in every home.
Grate a bar of soap and stir it into warm water to dissolve the shavings completely. Apply the solution not only to the yellow area, but all over the refrigerator compartment. Leave it on for 25-35 minutes, and then wash off the soapy streaks with a damp, clean sponge. This method helps only if the yellowing is due to grease and has the appearance of plaque.
Alcohol (ethyl, ammonia)
Moisten a piece of soft cloth with the product and wipe any yellow stains or streaks on the walls of the refrigerator. When using such an aggressive component, be sure to wear rubber gloves, and in the case of ammonia also a respirator.
Vinegar 70% or citric acid
Tools are used only in pure form. Soak a cotton pad in one of the products and clean the inside of the refrigerator. This method will also eliminate the unpleasant aroma coming from the camera.
Toothpaste and ammonia
Toothpaste is quite effective and, unlike baking soda (which also has a bleaching effect), does not consist of hard micro particles. Mix a small amount of non-colored toothpaste and a few drops of ammonia. Using a sponge, apply the mass to the yellowed area and leave it for 5-7 minutes. After a while, wash off the remains of the remedy with a clean, damp cloth, and wipe the surface dry.
Used in the most extreme cases when nothing else works. The liquid is also applied to a cotton pad or a soft piece of cloth and rubbed onto the yellowed spots on the plastic. The procedure is repeated several times after every 10-15 minutes and then the cleaned surfaces are washed with clean water.
If neither method helped, then most likely the plastic has yellowed in the course of the natural process or a poor quality material was used during the manufacturing of the refrigerator.
How to clean the refrigerator inside from yellowing?
The most indispensable household device in the kitchen is the refrigerator, which should always be in perfect cleanliness, because food is stored there, and you and your children consume it. The cleaning of the household device should be approached very carefully and with care, not only to avoid spoiling the internal finish of the unit, but also to protect the products from chemical agents. The inner surface of the refrigerator today is usually made of plastic. This material is not afraid of alkali, acid and calmly tolerates high humidity, but over time, the attractive snow-white appearance of the panels begins to turn yellow. Many hostesses have the question of how to clean the inside of the refrigerator from yellowing, so it is safe and effective. Today we will tell you how to clean the refrigerator from yellowing inside and outside quickly and safely, using folk remedies.
Why do plastics turn yellow?
Like all synthetic polymers, plastics are oxidized by the oxygen in the air. This chemical reaction is called oxidative degradation. It happens slowly but continuously. As a result, over time, the polymer turns yellow, becomes more brittle, there is a strange smell from the oxygen-containing substances formed in the process of oxidation. aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids.
To protect the polymer from oxidation, a small amount of stabilizer (antioxidant) is added at the factory. Over time, the stabilizer is consumed, and then the polymer begins to break down.
The speed of this reaction depends on the temperature. the higher the temperature, the faster the process goes, on the presence of air. without it the reaction does not go, and also on light. sunlight speeds up the reaction.
How to wash a fridge from the outside? The right approach!
Many articles are devoted to cleaning the inside of the refrigerator. But the outside is also very important. It should be understood that the care of the surface of the refrigerator determines the preservation of its presentable appearance.
Top 5 tips on how to clean the outside of the fridge:
- How to clean the fridge handles? This is the part that gets dirty the most. To solve the problem, it is enough to wipe the handles with a detergent, and then, rinse it off. There is also an option to put toothpaste on the handles and rinse. This method is effective if there is intense dirt.
- The surface of the metal refrigerator is washable with a soapy solution. Choose a nonaggressive cleaning agent. This is because the surface of your refrigerator can change color or become blotchy. In addition, concentrated solutions can cause the paint to crack.
- Be sure to wipe the surface dry after washing. Rust is a smudge and moisture residue.
- You can wash the surface of your refrigerator with ammonia or window cleaner. After using a soapy solution to wash off dirt (drips, grease stains), wipe the surface with a window cleaner. This approach will provide shine and disinfection.
- Glass surfaces of refrigerators should be cleaned with soft microfiber cloths, using alcohol solutions or window cleaners.
Which cleaning methods you should avoid and why?
- Do not use bleach and plumber’s cleaners. These are concentrated solutions that will give yellowing to your white refrigerator;
- Do not rub the surface with baking soda or a hard sponge, so as not to leave scratches;
- Do not leave detergents on the surface for a long period of time. Getting under the paint, chemicals can provoke its bloating.
In this material we have tried to answer the question: how to wash the fridge from the outside, as well as with what to wash the fridge
We hope that these tips will help you make the process of washing your fridge easier.