What to use to clean the refrigerators inside from yellowing
A sparkling clean fridge is the pride of every housewife. To achieve this effect a lot of effort is made, buy detergents, brushes, sponges, scrapers. But even the most industrious person periodically has problems with the quality of cleaning.
Plastic walls yellow over time, there is an unpleasant smell in the refrigerator compartment. About how to bleach the yellowed plastic on the refrigerator and what to clean, if the refrigerator yellowed outside. tell us in our article.
Why does the plastic turn yellow?
There can be many reasons why the plastic objects turn yellow.
- Oxidation. Plastic is a synthetic polymer which oxidises when exposed to oxygen. It happens slowly but inevitably.
- Ultraviolet radiation. Most often it affects the windows, so in high-quality construction in the manufacture add light-stabilizers.
- Temperature fluctuations. They negatively affect the properties of the material, and it loses its former whiteness.
- Operation. In a room where people smoke or cook without a hood, nicotine residue, soot and grease stains the surrounding objects and makes them look unattractive.
- Improper care. Too zealous cleaning with abrasives and stiff brushes leaves damage. Dirt enters and the shade of the product changes.
- Poor quality raw materials. Recycling is a noble thing, but in order for the plastic to have a white color, you need to use certain additives, and some manufacturers are neglecting this.
If you get a copy of a substandard material, then, alas, nothing can be done. But in all other cases you can try to restore the old look.
Preparing to bleach your surfaces
Do not immediately get to work without learning the nuances of cleaning, otherwise you can not get a good result. To begin with it is necessary to prepare the yellowed surface. How to bleach plastic from yellowing effectively:
- Household chemicals. You must first clean the areas of old grease, dust and other contaminants. It is better to do it with a mild detergent, such as dishwashing gel.
- Sponges and rags. Do not use any brushes (especially metal ones) for removing stains on the handles of the refrigerator, stove, microwave oven, otherwise the surface will be severely scratched. A melamine sponge or a regular sponge should be preferred.
- Special wipes. In household supply stores, you can find cloths that have already been impregnated with a gentle bleaching agent. They can even be used on electronics without fear of damage.
Note! Before you remove the yellowing and dirt from the plastic, you have to remove the curtains, remove the room flowers and decorations that interfere with the cleaning. Work only in protective gear to avoid allergic reactions.
How to whiten yellowed plastic?
But do not despair if the plastic is yellow. Remove the yellowing is not easy, but you can use improvised means. There are several ways to remove yellowing from the plastic.
How To use laundry soap. Grate half a piece of laundry soap on a coarse grater and pour a glass of warm water. Wait until the prepared solution turns into a mushy substance. Apply it to the yellowed surface and leave it for 30 minutes, then scrub the dirty spots with a hard sponge and wash it off with warm water. If necessary, the procedure can be repeated several times.
Means To put a small amount of ethyl alcohol on a soft cloth and wipe the problem areas. Ethyl alcohol is particularly good at preventing the appearance of yellowing from the sun’s rays.
A mixture of washing powder and baking soda can be used for cleaning windows. Mix the two components in equal proportions (one tablespoon each) and pour 0.5 liters of warm water. Dissolve the powder and baking soda crystals in water, apply the solution to window frames and window sills with a sponge, leave for a long time (6-8 hours), and rinse with clean water. This is also a good way to remove yellow stains from your refrigerator.
A good and fast way to whiten the yellowed plastic is car cosmetics, sold in auto shops. It will not only wash the plastic, but also refresh it. Tools in the form of sprays will help to restore the plastic, and polishes and cleaners of plastic products. to keep its pristine appearance for a long time.
Wipes used for computer care can be used to whiten yellowed areas. Impregnated with a special solution, they will not harm the surfaces.
The method Hydrogen peroxide can remove the yellowing. It is enough to pour a small amount of it on a sponge and wipe all yellow areas. The procedure can be repeated 3-4 times. The effect will be sure!
Some hostesses use acetone to remove yellowing from plastic. However, this method is very aggressive. Therefore, it is definitely necessary to test on an inconspicuous area of the plastic.
How to Whiten Yellowed Parts! | Nerf Modding Tips 3
There are many secrets to help bleach yellowed plastic. It is important to approach the cleaning process responsibly, so as not to harm the products. It is better to start with less harmful and gentler means.
How to bleach the plastic on the refrigerator?
To whiten the coating on the fridge can only be folk methods that will not harm the products. It is allowed to use vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and ammonia alcohol.
To clean the plastic, you need to wipe the surface with a rag soaked in the selected product. Ammonia alcohol has a rather pungent smell, so the windows should be open to create a slight draft.
Causes of yellow stains on plastic surfaces
White plastic makes a variety of items, from small parts to large appliances (washing machine, refrigerator, microwave, air conditioner). Very often the window sill, window jambs, and frames on plastic windows change color. they need to be washed constantly, and it is impossible to get rid of yellowing. It appears due to the following reasons:
- partial decay of the coating due to exposure to ultraviolet rays (from the sun);
- temperature fluctuations;
- additives in the materials.
These factors explain why the windows change color more often than other plastic things. They are affected by almost all of these causes.
How to clean the inside and outside of a refrigerator from yellowing
Before you turn off your Samsung No Frost refrigerator to clean it from fresh yellow stains, you need to prepare safe gentle means:
The old ones can be brightened with aggressive substances: it can be washing powder or hydrogen peroxide. They are used only for wiping the outside surface. Doing the cleaning, many people think not only how to whiten the yellowed plastic on the refrigerator, but also how to remove stickers, which often spoil the appearance.
Using a liquid dish detergent
Oily yellow stains are washed with an ordinary detergent. Dilute a small amount in hot water, foaming and thoroughly wipe the inside and outside surface. Then wipe several times with a clean, damp sponge to remove soap residue. Do not close the door until the enclosure is completely dry.
ways to remove yellowing from plastic in the refrigerator? Liquid soap is considered an effective tool. diluted in hot water. It is wet with a sponge and treat the entire surface inside the unit. Particularly clean the folds of the rubber seal and the corners. After washing it with a sponge soaked in clean water and wiping it dry.
This is one of the gentlest ways to bleach plastic. Grate half a bar of soap on a coarse grater, dissolve the chips in warm water and use a soft brush to apply the composition to the soiled surface for 30 minutes. Then rinse and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
How to fix yellowed plastics on old computers!
Laundry soap can remove only the yellowing that is caused by a greasy buildup.
How often should you clean the fridge??
It would seem that everything is simple. you should wash your refrigerator as it gets dirty. But here’s the important thing. To avoid these occurrences and to minimize the dirtiness, it is better to keep the area permanently clean.
Keep food clean at all times
- Every day, taking out or putting food in the fridge, pay attention to its inner surface is not stains, drips, or accidentally dropped crumbs from the food. After all it is much easier to remove fresh traces of pollution than to wash out the already dried stains of two or three weeks ago.
- Once a week, wipe down all the shelves in the fridge. You can take turns doing this. For example, today you empty one shelf of all the food, wipe it down and then put it all back. And the next day you work on the second tier and so on.д. It makes it easier to keep it clean and less tedious to clean the fridge.
- If you notice a stain, wipe it off right away! And when putting pots or any other dishes, pay attention to their cleanliness. After all, the more attentive you are today, the less often you will have to do a general cleaning. Let us remind you that during such a mass cleaning it is necessary to cut the fridge power supply, free it completely from foodstuffs, take out all the drawers, trays and shelves. And separately they should be thoroughly washed and dried. It’s a good idea to do general cleaning at least once a month.
At least once a month, do an overhaul
Tips on washing the fridge handle
A few tips from experienced housewives will help to clean the fridge as quickly and efficiently as possible:
- A baking soda compress can help remove stubborn stains. Dissolve baking soda with water to a thick paste.
- The obtained solution is generously put on the piece of cloth which is put to the stain. After five minutes, remove the compress, and wipe the surface with a clean, damp sponge.
- It is easy to wipe the traces of stickers from the door and walls of the fridge with a absorbent cotton abundantly moistened with alcohol.
- In the process of cleaning the external surfaces of the refrigerator, do not forget about the grid on the back panel. It is important to regularly remove dust accumulated on the grid (a vacuum cleaner or broom will help), otherwise the life of the household appliance may be shortened.
Furniture polish applied to the refrigerator as long as possible preserves the shine and gloss of the external surfaces.