Induction hob cannot see cookware
Induction hobs and cooktops are a relatively new type of kitchen appliance. Its working principle is to heat the crockery using eddy currents, which are generated by an electromagnetic field with a frequency of up to 100 kHz. Such stoves are easy to use, energy-saving and have many other advantages that make life easier for their owners. But, as with any appliance, they occasionally malfunction. The most common reason for calls to the service center is that the induction hob does not see the cookware.
Elementary causes of malfunction
Sometimes the causes are trivial. If a malfunction is suspected, conduct a visual inspection of the panel and cooking vessels. The induction stove does not detect cookware for 2 reasons:
- Incorrect placement of the pot on the panel. If you place the pot not in the center of the burner, it is difficult to achieve heating. The same explanation would be if a pan with a smaller diameter than the burner is placed on the panel.
- Using utensils with no ferromagnetic alloys. The induction surface will not recognize ceramic, glass cookware, or cookware made of aluminum or copper without steel. Cooking in such pots will not work. Ideally, pans, sauté pans, ladles and other appliances should have the ability to be magnetized. And it is the bottom of the dish that must react to the currents created in the magnetic field. What are the outer and inner walls made of, the lid does not matter.
The problems listed above are easy to fix. If you are wondering how to cheat an induction cooker, get a special adapter. Budgetary device is a round metal pancake with a thickness of 3 mm. The adapter is placed on the burner, and any type of cooking utensil is placed on top of it. With the adapter is comfortable to use small in size and diameter ladles, kettles, turks, woks. Therefore, in the absence of metal and cast-iron pans in the house, it is not necessary to buy new sets of appliances at all.
When to call the service center
If the tear is not visible to the naked eye, it’s time to seek help from specialists. Few people are familiar with the mechanism of induction stoves. Self-analysis of the design leads to even more problems. Do not be lazy to call a master in the following cases:
- Temperature sensor defect. After the test the residual heat indicator is replaced.
- Insufficient adhesion of the plate to the glass ceramic. If the induction module does not adhere well to the glass ceramic hob, the compression springs must be reworked.
- Faulty fuse. This happens when the right side of the burners does not work. A small element tends to burn out with frequent power surges. A damaged coil block fuse is replaced with a device with the same marking.
- Bad contacts. Check the contacts going to the control unit from the induction coils. After the control module is confirmed as defective, a new part is installed in its place.
The technicians at the “Remontano” service center are able to solve any problem. We are perfectly familiar with the construction of your stove hob. We use special equipment to determine the exact cause of the fault. Auxiliary equipment will indicate why the stove stopped seeing the dishes, and quality consumables will help make competent repairs.
When to call a service center
If the naked eye can not see the breakage, it is time to seek help from professionals. With the peculiarities of the mechanism of induction stoves few people are well acquainted. Unauthorized disassembly of the construction leads to more problems. Do not be lazy to call a master in the following cases:
- Temperature sensor malfunction. Based on the results of the test test is to replace the residual heat indicator.
- The burner doesn’t fit snugly against the ceramic glass. If the induction unit does not adhere well to the glass ceramic hob, the compression springs must be adjusted.
- Failure of a fuse. Occurs when the right side of the burners does not work. Small element tends to burn out with frequent power surges. A damaged coil block fuse is replaced with a device with the same marking.
- Faulty contacts. Contacts going to the control unit from the induction coils are checked. If it is confirmed that there is a defect in the control module, a new spare part is installed in its place.
The masters of the service department are skilful in their approach to all tasks. We’re thoroughly familiar with the construction of cooktops. We use special equipment to precisely determine the cause of malfunction. Auxiliary equipment will indicate why the stove stopped seeing dishes, and quality consumables will help make competent repairs.
How to extend the life of your induction stove
The surface of the stove, which heats with induction, is made of glass ceramic. Maintenance rules for products made of such material are extremely simple:
- Clean off dirt regularly with a sponge cloth (the kind sold in car dealers will do).
- Avoiding the use of strong abrasive substances. Glass cleaner or baking soda solution can be used.
- Using special scrapers for glass ceramic from stale old stains. It happens that the device is included in the set with an induction stove.
- Only clean after the burners have cooled down completely.
- Preventing cold water from splashing on the panel. The material is impervious to temperature fluctuations.
- Use only special cookware with a ferromagnetic bottom.
As a rule, if the consumer carefully reads the operating instructions, the appearance of any problems is excluded. All details of the application are described in a short brochure. There you will also find answers to the most common user questions.
How to cheat an induction stove if it doesn’t see the cookware: possible solutions to the problem
Progress does not stand still, and quite a few innovations appear in the field of household appliances. The induction stove can not be called a novelty in the full sense of the word. the invention dates back to the 70s of last century. These stoves have become widespread only in recent years because of the mass of advantages. high efficiency, low power consumption compared to the classic electric stove, fire safety and convenience of this type of devices. There are, however, nuances to their use. Sometimes you have to cheat the induction stove, about why to do it and how, will be discussed further in the article.
Possible malfunctions when the induction hob can’t see the right cookware
However, even if you take into account all the recommendations, it happens that the device still does not see the dishes. likely the problem is not the cookware. In this case, the reasons may be as follows:
- Maybe the unit doesn’t support some alloys from the start.
- If the burner, which is on the left side, does not work, it is a problem with the wires. Right. with contacts.
- When the side doesn’t work, there’s a chance that the connector has failed.
- also can be caused by considerable dirt, in which the sensor can not detect the presence of the object on the surface.
- Breakage can also happen in the temperature sensor. Because of this the residual heat is not displayed.
- In addition, it is worth checking the control unit.
- There is a chance that the induction model is not sufficiently adhering to the hob panel.
As a side note!
To check the performance of the burner can be attached a magnet.
Disassembly and repair
All the reasons why the induction cooktop “has the right” not to work, checked: full repair remains. First of all, disconnect the stove from the power supply (even if you are confident as a master electrician).
Then you need to carefully remove the decorative surface, to gain access to the insides. Regardless of the brand of manufacturer, dissected induction stoves look like this:
Perform an external inspection. Any traces of soot, discoloration of components, traces of thermal discoloration on the metal should cause suspicion. The problem must be sought from external manifestations.
If nothing suspicious is detected, we proceed according to the algorithm “from simple to complex:
Tip: The repair process will be greatly simplified if you have at your disposal a circuit diagram of the electrical part. It can be downloaded from professional repair sites or the manufacturer’s portal.
Never mind that it may be in English (most likely it is). Any novice technician who can read a schematic can easily figure it out.
It is not unreasonable to take pictures of each step, especially before dismantling each assembly. You won’t make any mistakes later on in the assembly process.
- Check the power group: cable, contacts, fuse box. You need a multimeter for this.
- Carefully inspect the coils of induction coils. They must be free of cracks, tangents between coils, foreign conductive objects.
- Inspect the temperature sensors together with the coils. Without a wiring diagram, they are quite difficult to check, but they work on the principle of a thermistor. The resistance should change when heated (again a multimeter comes in handy).
- Then we test the correctness of the connection wires between the induction coil and the alternator. Check circuits using a multimeter.
- Examine the control board. Often cracks appear on it (due to temperature effects), which lead to breakage of current-conducting tracks. For this we need a powerful lamp (through the light) and a magnifying glass.
- Remove the potentially problematic burner in the case with the oscillator board. Examine the electronic base. Burned radio components are usually immediately visible.
- When because of burning it is impossible to make out the rating, without a paper chart it is impossible to find the part.
- If an electronic component is identified, it is not necessary to look for the exact same component (the manufacturer does not matter). It may turn out to be too expensive or scarce. There is an online data base for radio parts: “datasheet”. On these resources you can easily find an analogue.
- If you have the same burners, you can replace the generator board to find the faulty element by the method of elimination. You will know exactly what has failed: the control or the inductance coil.
How an induction stove works
To understand why breakdowns occur in an induction oven, you must first understand how it works.The induction hob is based on the principle of electromagnetic induction. The stove, in essence, is a transformer. Under the glass ceramic hob surface there is an induction coil to which an electric current of 20-100kHz is applied. The coil acts as the transformer’s primary winding. The secondary winding is the bottom of the pot that is placed on the burner. The eddy currents between the coil and the bottom of the cookware begin to flow, which heats the cookware and the food inside it.
Thanks to this feature, the surface of the hob is not heated. precisely, it is heated indirectly, from the dishes. Separately, it should be said that the stove is turned on at the moment when the pot is placed in the heating zone. As soon as you remove the cookware, the electric circuit opens, the stove shuts off. This way of functioning provides:
Induction cookware: How to know what works
- Significantly reduces energy costs.
- Heating is faster than on a gas or electric stove.
- The 90% efficiency of an induction stove is much higher than that of a gas stove (80%) or a standard electric stove (60%)