Boiler installation on a wooden floor
When installing an emergency boiler we recommend increasing the size of the boiler room by 4 m². Additional heater helps to maintain the temperature of the coolant, to avoid accidents in case of failure of the main unit or when the fuel runs out. Construction variants:
Installation of solid fuel boiler in a wooden house.
- Electronic. Installed separately or in the form of combined models. in the boiler on a rigid or watery fuel embed Tubular Heater, which are automatically turned on when the coolant;
- Solid or liquid fuel. Can supplement a gas boiler or work “in pair”. the water-fuel heater runs when running out of coal or wood;
- LPG. Many people leave the gas holder after connecting the main gas. fuel in a watery form is stored for years in the gas holder and is used if necessary. Own tank ensures that the house is not left without heat in case of tragedy on the gas line.
Additional boiler is installed in the finished boiler room or separately. If the main energy element is used as a main gas, then the installation of additional equipment in the same room must be based on the requirements of SP 62.13330.2011.
Possibility of combining heating equipment in the “smart home”, connection to remote control, automatic adjustment of the temperature, taking into account indications of weather-dependent external sensors.
Consistency of installation
The industry produces several varieties of solid fuel boilers. pellet, direct burning and pyrolysis.
However, the installation of any type of solid fuel boiler is carried out by the same methodology:
Pay attention that some models of boilers on firewood or coal need additional power from an electric network. Such a possibility should be foreseen at the stage of preparation.
Properly performing preparatory work before installing a solid fuel boiler in the house is important. If you ignore one of the stages of preparation, you will inevitably encounter difficulties in the operation of the boiler. Then all deficiencies will have to eliminate in the current mode right in the middle of the heating season. Let’s consider each of the listed points in more detail.
Instructions for installation of a wood burning boiler
Regardless of what kind of TT boiler you bought. direct burning, pyrolysis or pellet, the installation procedure remains the same and consists of these steps:
Note. Depending on the model of wood or coal-fired boiler it may be necessary to connect to the electricity grid.
The first 3 items on the list belong to the preparatory work, which does not detract from their importance. If you choose the wrong location of the unit and do not provide for normal ventilation, then the problems you will have to solve during the operation, in the middle of the heating season. So we suggest to analyze each point individually.
For correct selection of heat source in terms of capacity we recommend to make a calculation of heat load for heating using suitable methodology.
Where to place the boiler
It is noteworthy that in no country of the former Soviet Union to this day developed a specific regulatory document governing the installation of boilers for solid fuels in private and apartment buildings. The basic part of requirements is stated in SNiP “Heating and ventilation”. Separate norms can be found in SNiP 31-02-2001 “Single family houses” (for Russia) and in other scattered acts.
Example of installation of pyrolysis heat generator with easy access to the expansion tank and chimney
Reference. Many online resources refer us to read the huge SNiP “Boiler Installations”, not considering that it applies to heat generators with a capacity over 360 kW (p. 1.2). Others suggest that we be guided by the rules for gas heaters. Both are erroneous: the requirements for placement of household TT boilers are not so strict.
We have analyzed the regulatory documentation regarding the placement of wood-burning water heaters, added the practical experience of our experts and compiled a list of recommendations for the location of the unit:
Tip. Before you buy and install a Stropuva type long combustion boiler, compare its height with the rooms. Consider the location of other large-sized equipment. a heat accumulator, buffer tank and indirect water heater.
In small rooms, place the boiler with the unattended side against one of the walls (the minimum indentation is 10 cm), and leave an opening of at least 250 mm wide at the back, as shown in the photo.
About the room preparation
What must be done before you install the TT-boiler in the intended room of the house:
Recommendation. If only the lighting is made in the furnace room, then bring there an electric line for the trimmer from the socket network. Still need to energize the circulating pump, and even automatics of the new heat generator.
It is not necessary to tear off the wooden panels of the walls and floor. If the boiler is placed closer than 38 cm to the combustible wall, cover the latter with one of the above-mentioned materials. Lay a similar sheet on the floor underneath and in front of the TH-boiler with an overhang of 80 cm. This is a protection against particles of heat flying out of the open door.
It is necessary to say a few words about the base on which the TT equipment is installed.
- For boilers with output up to 50 kW a screed can be used as a base.
- For the equipment with power over 50 kW a separate foundation in concrete not connected with the foundation of the house is required.
- The foundation must protrude at least 250 mm beyond the boiler plant.
There are no special requirements in the wooden house, except for the use of floor materials. The TT boilers must not be installed on a wooden floor.Tip: If the wooden house does not have a separate foundation for the boiler installation, it can be made of fire bricks, on which is laid a sheet of asbestos and metal. The base must be larger than the TT of the boiler (minimum) by 150 mm. on each side. In front of the stoking door, the metal must extend at least 200 mm beyond the heating unit.
The problem is related to the high weight of powerful heating units and vibration loads on the TT support of boilers equipped with a screw conveyor for fuel supply.
Important! To ensure the necessary fire resistance (45 minutes), the boiler does not need your attention and does not need to be ventilated.) The heating furnaces must be made of non-combustible materials.
Wooden Flooring | Is Wooden Floor a good idea | Advantages and Disadvantages of Wooden Flooring
I must say that electric heating is the most efficient of all existing boilers. Not only the efficiency of boilers is around 99%, but in addition they do not require chimneys and ventilation. Servicing of units as such is practically absent, except for cleaning once every 2-3 years. And most importantly: the equipment and installation is very cheap, while the degree of automation can be any. The boiler simply does not need your attention.
As good as the advantages of electric boilers are, the main disadvantage is the price of electricity. Even if you use a multi-tariff electricity meter, by this indicator can not beat a wood heat generator. This is the price for comfort, reliability and high efficiency. And the second disadvantage. the lack of necessary electrical power on the mains. Such an annoying nuisance can once cross out all thoughts about electric heating.
Installation of the chimney and boiler
Actually, the installation of a solid fuel boiler in the house is not some supercomplicated process. It is enough just to place the equipment on the prepared base and to level it with the help of adjustable legs or special pads. The chimney pipe can be aligned with the hole in the wall by turning the elbow.
It is worth noting that during the installation of the chimney for the solid fuel boiler is best to use insulated sandwich pipes. they will help to avoid condensation on the walls of the chimney. As an option, the insulation of pipes can be performed independently from basalt wool.
Quicker and easier to assemble an attached external chimney. It consists of a vertical fixed pipe, which is connected to the boiler spigot by means of a tee. If the house is wooden, then mount the chimney at the point of passing through the wall or floors must comply with fire safety.
- In the partition cut a square hole in the size greater than the cross section of the chimney at 38 cm on each side. For example, with the cross-section of the pipe channel in 100 mm and the thickness of the insulating layer of 5 cm, the size of the hole will be 100380×2=860 mm.
- Mount a galvanized box into the opening. it will be a pass-through unit.
- Through the box passes through a sandwich pipe, and the voids are filled with basalt wool.
- Fix the external lid of the assembly.
In houses built of bricks and foam concrete, the chimney is mounted in a steel sleeve with a sealant.
During the installation of the heating system with a solid fuel boiler, it is necessary to observe a number of requirements for the chimney ducts:
- The minimum height of the chimney (from the grate to the visor). 5 meters, and it can not be more than three turns;
- the jointing of individual sections of the pipe is made so that precipitation runs down the outside of the pipe, and the accumulated condensate. inside;
- the horizontal part of the chimney should be installed with a slight slope towards the boiler;
- A condensate collector and an inspection hatch should be provided at the bottom of the chimney;
- roof eaves can be bypassed by installing two bends on the chimney with a slope of 30º;
- Fastening the chimney brackets should be made so that they were not at the joints of sections;
- A weather vane or a cone-shaped cap is installed on top of the chimney.
Note that the head of the chimney should be above the zone of wind support of the roof of the given or neighboring homes that the draft was stable.
Making and Installing Hardwood Flooring From a Tree
- Houses of laminated veneer lumber with a boiler room are designed for full heating in a private wooden house. The boiler room is suitable for the placement of gas equipment, meets the most stringent technical requirements.
- Complex design of two-storey and one-storey timber house with a boiler room: heating, ventilation, water supply, sewerage systems. We carry out thermal calculation, choose radiators, boiler, pipelines, collectors.
- After installation we conclude contracts for technical service. inspection of equipment, pipelines, burner cleaning, diagnostics of heating, hot and cold water supply systems. It is recommended to perform maintenance twice a year, before and after heating season.
Boiler installation in a wooden house is a must for permanent residence. GOOD WOOD has a special engineering service. To find out the cost, send a request with your contact information. An engineer will call you back to specify the details and calculate the costs for installation of a boiler room, installation of utilities.
Send request for an estimate Sign up and get special offers firstSubscribe
TT boilers are not an environmentally friendly system, so the installation will definitely require a boiler room. When installing you need to consider a list of rules:
- 1. The distance from the furnace to the wall must be at least one meter.
- 2. The vent ducts have to be equipped at a distance of 50 cm from the floor and 40 cm from the ceiling.
- 3. In front of the furnace must perform decking (suitable sheet of asbestos or metal at least 50×70 cm).
- 4. Above the equipment mount the chimney. Information about optimum coordinates of the chimney are given in the instruction manual of the device.
The parts of the metal pipes in cold zones must be protected with thermal insulation materials. Basalt wool is ideal for this.
The TT boilers are excellent for installation in a country house. There are several heating schemes. Only the owner can decide which option suits him best. Whatever the choice, helpful guidelines will help make the installation as efficient as possible.