Connection diagram of the heat accumulator with a solid fuel boiler and an electric boiler
Often the heating boiler is connected to an additional hot water system.
Here can be applied in different ways:
- With the two-pipe dead-end circuit, the heating units are connected between the outlets. The big disadvantage. the near radiators will be hotter, distant. colder, so this system requires balancing.
- When connecting a two-circuit gas boiler for DHW needs a separate heat exchanger. Here the scheme is simple: cold water goes through a heat exchanger and is sent on, to the sanitary appliances.
- If the two-circuit boiler is connected to the heating system by a forced circulation scheme, the installation of radiators is carried out in parallel, so as not to dissect the coolant supply pipe.
- When using the scheme with a single-circuit boiler to obtain DHW in a private home, you need to connect a boiler of indirect heating. In this case, the coolant will give its heat energy to the heat exchanger of the boiler. In summer the heating circuit is switched off.
- Classic gravity heating system is based on the difference in height between the heat exchanger and radiators.
- If a heat accumulator is attached to the solid fuel boiler, the temperature of the radiators is regulated by a three-way valve with a thermostat.
Variant of realization of the heating system of a two-circuit boiler:
- The small circuit, in which the circulation pump is built, is closed by a heat exchanger with a hydrostring;
- the next position. there is a manifold distribution into independent circuits: 2 radiators and 4 under-floor heating circuits.
General installation instructions
Before you buy a heating appliance, you must determine where to install it. The furnace room is designed for this purpose, but often there is not enough space, since it is occupied by an existing gas or other heater. Then the installation of solid fuel boilers in a private home can be performed behind the wall of the furnace room, in the annex. A frame made of steel structures is put and sheathed with sandwich. panels or corrugated sheet metal with insulation. The option is convenient for those who are going to heat with coal, there will be no dirt inside the house.
All low-cost solid fuel boilers for houses with low capacity can be put directly on the rough screed. They have a low weight and do not have on the base of vibrating loads, since they are not equipped with a fan or screw conveyor for delivery of pellets. For units with power over 50 kW it is recommended to arrange a concrete foundation, which should rest on the ground and compacted gravel sub-base. The foundation is made for 80-100 mm above the level of the screed, while it should not be connected with it. Foundations also require a long-burning boilers, which have a mechanism for lifting-lowering of heavy loads.
The projects on private houses usually provide a chimney shaft in the wall thickness with an outlet pipe through the roof. If the shaft is absent or occupied by an existing gas heater, you will need to make installation of a chimney for a solid fuel boiler. It is better to use double-walled metal chimneys with insulation. They are lightweight, assembled from sections of the right length and are easily attached to the wall of the house. For turns and branches the same double-walled tees and branches are made. Installation methods of chimneys with and without exhaust shaft can be seen in the figure.
In the furnace room must have natural exhaust ventilation. When installing heating boilers in a private home, the exhaust is provided through a shaft in the wall. Chimney is parallel to the chimney, only a smaller cross-section. In its absence in the outer wall is placed overflow grille, it must be located under the ceiling of the room. The role of the chimney is as follows:
- In the furnace room, a vacuum is created, which draws in fresh air from other rooms and is used for combustion. Boiler units with a capacity of 50 kW and above require a separate air supply.
- To remove the products of combustion that have accidentally entered the room.
Heat Hero Gravity Explanatory Video
Approximate layout of the equipment and installation diagram of solid fuel heating boiler is shown in the figure.
Often in the boilers of country houses there is no sewage outlet. This is not quite right, as sometimes it is necessary to empty the system or the water jacket of the boiler. Into the same drain direct the discharge of the safety valve.
Installation work order
To perform the work the following instructions are offered for the installation of solid fuel boilers:
- Release the product from its original packaging.
- If there is little space in the furnace room, it is better to assemble the product outside. Install all doors and ashtray drawer, as well as the other elements supplied separately. You do not need to install a fan and automation devices, this is done after installing the boiler.
- Move the unit indoors and position it on the foundation or on the floor so that the gas outlet spigot is in line with the chimney pipe. At home, installation of solid fuel boilers with their own hands should be performed with an assistant, the weight of the equipment is rarely less than 50 kg.
- Boiler should be mounted on the foundation or screed to avoid warping.
- Connect the chimney, install the fan with the control unit and the safety group.
- Connect the boiler to the heating system according to the chosen scheme.
Chimney. an important element of the heating system
To understand how to install a solid fuel heating boiler with your own hands and avoid penetration of flue gases into the living room, you must carefully study the device device exhaust products of combustion. The chimney configuration, length and diameter should be selected according to the recommendations of the heat generator manufacturer. The chimney must meet the following requirements:
The chimney must be led outdoors. All joints should be treated with heat-resistant sealant. In a modern chimney must be provided with holes to clean the pipe from soot, as well as the collection of condensate.
The pipeline system. features of installation
Before installing a solid fuel heating boiler with your own hands you need to calculate the parameters of the pipelines. their length, diameter, the required slope and the total number of radiators
It is important that the return inlet to the boiler is located below the heating batteries. this is necessary to ensure normal natural circulation of the coolant
Wiring diagram of the solid fuel heating boiler
When installing a solid fuel boiler, it is recommended to equip a combined heating system. capable of working with forced and natural circulation. This is necessary to ensure safety: in case of power outage, the boiler operating on solid fuel can not be instantly stopped. If the water continues to heat without forced circulation, it will boil, which is fraught with the breakdown of the entire device. Therefore, a natural heating system should additionally include a “bypass”. This is a special device to switch the circulation modes.
Working diagrams of the heating system with a solid fuel boiler
© 2015-2022 TeploStroy LLC All rights reserved Construction of individual houses. Order the foundation for your home.
The company “Teplo Stroy” is engaged in the design and construction of individual houses, supply and installation of engineering systems. What heating system to choose: wood, gas, electricity? Turnkey heating. Project, underfloor heating, boiler room.
How to make it cheaper
To reduce the cost of piping, you can use a three-way valve with a simplified design that does not need to connect the head sensor and thermostatic head. It has a thermostatic element that is set to an operating mode with a fixed value of 55. 60°C.
The use of such a detail can reduce the cost of piping TT boilers, but deprives consumers to regulate the temperature of the thermal head.
It is also possible to connect 2 units that run on different fuels:
Connecting the buffer tank with strapping copper or polypropylene pipes (experts recommend choosing variants with copper) allows you to simultaneously serve different systems in the house: radiators, floor heating, boiler. However, this option requires a large investment and is rarely used.
Prior to installation with your own hands. As well as any other, for example, with a furnace of long combustion, it is necessary to mount their own hands in the boiler room such elements:
- distribution comb;
- and a shutoff valve;
- check valves and circulation pumps;
- Unit controlling heating elements, pump control panel;
- filter, expansion tank.
Central heating system plan ( solid fuel boiler buffer tank water heater ) with room thermostat 1
These are the obligatory requirements. Each of the installed elements must be convenient for possible replacement, if in the future the heating system will be repaired. Installation of each element must be performed correctly and according to the requirements in the technical data sheet. For a better idea of the installation work that will be required, you can watch the video.
The boiler burns abundantly, is hot, the system is hot, and there are no problems. Even if you do not have problems with excessive draft. such a regulator is worth it. In winter, when a strong wind blows, the chameleon creates lower pressure and the heat is naturally drawn out of the boiler. In the case of the regulator, the low pressure is compensated by the air supplied from below and the boiler works quietly and evenly regardless of the wind force. Believe me, it saves fuel that the boiler burns without wanting to.
Chimney draught controller can be installed where indicated by the manufacturer. And the draught regulator works and does not need most. In this picture, the draught regulator is working. After a good look, you can see that the regulator is slightly agitated, pushing extra air into the chimney, thereby reducing the draft of the chimney.
Prior to installation, there must be a wiring diagram for a solid fuel boiler, pellet boiler, and any other boiler, such as a long burner furnace. Starting to connect a solid fuel boiler, pellet boiler, as well as any other, such as a unit of long combustion should check the package by checking the packing list with what is available.
As well as any other, such as a long combustion boiler, must be made in a place that is easily accessible from all sides. It’s best if the boiler can be freely walked around. These are the requirements, the implementation of which will allow the safe operation of the boiler, and provide ease of repair in the future.
Price-price for installation of heating in a private home
Boiler equipment. Installation of boilers:
Commissioning works (pellet boilers)
- Install this type of equipment can be installed only in rooms equipped with a quality ventilation system. According to the safety requirements, during the hour the air in the boiler room must be changed three times. Also for the work of solid fuel devices the chimney is necessary.
- In the room where the boiler is located, do not store explosive objects and flammable substances.
- It is important to monitor the water level in the expansion tank and in the system. If it decreases, it is necessary to introduce a portion of the coolant. With a lack of fluid, and especially with its withdrawal from the pipes can corrode the temperature sensors, which will lead to failure of adjustment and safety systems.
- It is important to maintain the boiler at a temperature that does not lead to boiling water and steam. When the coolant is heated more than 90 degrees the risk of water hammer increases. You can tell when the water is overheated by the characteristic knocking sound.
Connecting a solid fuel boiler to the heating system
Proper installation of the boiler is not all that is required. The connection of the other components of the heating system is important. A safety group is installed on the supply, and then a tee that leads to the bypass. The sensor switches over at a return temperature of 55 ˚C. This is necessary to avoid condensation. To connect the solid fuel boiler to the heating system with natural circulation is simple enough. The supply and return pipes are connected to the appropriate outputs of the boiler.
You also need to install a protective group: bleeder valve, air vent, pressure gauge. Such systems require the presence of an expansion tank. Pipelines are installed with a slope for good drainage. This type of heating system allows to be independent of electricity supply, but in the absence of energy-dependent automation systems. Systems with forced circulation are characterized by a bypass and three-way valve. This helps to avoid condensation in the furnace or cracking of the cast iron sections if low temperature water comes in.
The above devices provide a supply of hot water into the return pipe to ensure a desired boiler inlet temperature. These systems often use hot water tanks, such as indirect water heaters.
They contain a coil through which the water heated by the boiler flows. In the system the heater and heating circuits are arranged in parallel. This is done to ensure that the water for DHW is heated with the coolant at the maximum temperature. In cases where there is no possibility to control the intensity of heat generation, a buffer tank, often called a thermal accumulator, is used. It is connected to the boiler so that in peak operating modes, the excess heat is used to heat water, and then the stored energy is used for hot water or heating.
Closed heating system
Connection of solid fuel boilers to closed systems is prohibited by some laws, but it is possible and characterized by higher requirements to the applied equipment.
The boiler must have the appropriate strength characteristics and pass the necessary tests. It is believed that the only way is to use two circuits. One must be open, which will include an expansion tank, and the second, which includes radiator heating and membrane tank, will already be closed.
In this case, the supply pipeline must have devices that protect the boiler from water with a temperature above 100 ° C. It is also important to have an automatic system that regulates the intensity of combustion by limiting the air supply.
This type of system is most typical for solid fuel equipment. This is due to high security, since at a sudden increase in temperature expansion tank eliminates excess water and pressure, and the circuits continue to work further.