How to manage the cleaning process?
The app opens a few basic functions:
- “Clean” is the mode that allows you to choose the order of cleaning. That is, where to start and how to continue.
- “Doc”. returns the robot vacuum cleaner to its place if the cleaning ended before the appointed time.
- “Timer” mode. allows you to set the time for cleaning the room, as well as the cleaning period.
- “Cleanup mode”. gives you the opportunity to set the desired method of cleaning from four options. Adjusts intensity selection, which affects cleaning efficiency. Controls the noise level of the equipment during operation.
- “Remte Control”. mode in which you can set manual control and control the vacuum cleaner yourself from the gadget.
Also equipped with additional information about the degree of performance, service life, etc.д. Can be accessed through the “Care” option.
Step by step instructions
Before setting up the interaction between your smartphone and robot vacuum cleaner, you must activate Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth on your phone, as well as turning on the robot vacuum cleaner itself.
Next, download and open the Mi Home app.
- In the app, you must sign in with an account or make a registration.
- From the main screen, select the “Add Device” line.
- From the proposed list select the necessary gadget. If the model is not on the suggested list, add the device manually.
- After that the scanning and searching of the vacuum cleaner for synchronization will start.
- To complete the process, enter the name of the Wi-Fi network and the password to successfully connect to it.
- Once synchronization and connection to all communication modules is complete, the vacuum cleaner icon will appear on the main application screen.
Connect to Wi-Fi
If the smartphone is Android
Before you connect the robot vacuum cleaner to your mobile device you need to activate its Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth modules, as well as turn on the Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner itself. After that, download the proprietary Mi Home app for the Android operating system, which is available on all major software platforms.
Next, the algorithm for connecting the Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner is as follows:
- In the application, you need to register or log into an existing account (account) by clicking on “Login”.
- After successfully launching the application you need to select the server (region). If available, it is better to choose a server in Europe, Singapore, or the United States. On the Chinese server a number of options may be blocked and unavailable.
- Make sure you have a stable internet signal. Poor communication quality can lead to the robot vacuum cleaner not being able to function properly, as it needs to be “online” in order to do so.
- On the main screen select the “Add device” line. In the presumed list, find your device. If Xiaomi model is not in the list, the robot vacuum cleaner must be entered manually.
- After that, you need to reset the Wi-Fi settings on your robot vacuum cleaner by simultaneously pressing the two mechanical buttons on the body for 2-3 seconds.
- To complete the process and connect the vacuum cleaner you need to enter the name of the Wi-Fi network and password to connect. Next, enter the name of your robot.
- If everything has been done correctly, the icon of your Xiaomi model will appear on the main screen of the mobile app.
Thus, through a smartphone via a mobile app each user will be able to select the mode of Xiaomi, adjust the schedule of cleaning, send the device to the charging station, control the movement manually and monitor the parameters and wear of the robot vacuum cleaner components.
Peculiarities of connecting Xiaomi to iPhone
In order to connect the robot vacuum cleaner Xiaomi to the iPhone you need to download the application Mi Home from the AppStore. Otherwise, the sequence of actions for iOS operating system is the same as for Android. However, there may be one small problem when trying to connect your smartphone to the Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner. It lies in the fact that the iPhone is not able to recognize the Xiaomi vacuum cleaner on its own. To correct the situation and connect the device will need to change the region. To do this, you need to go to “Profile” section, then to “Settings” subsection and click on “Region” item. Here you need to select India, or China.
How to connect Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner to your smartphone?
This manual of connection and settings for Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaners, will fit most models of the manufacturer. How to connect the device to your smartphone and make it even easier to use, we will tell you on the example of the popular model of robot vacuum cleaner Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
Download and install the program Mi Home through the application store “Play Market”;
It is necessary to turn on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS on the smartphone, and to charge the vacuum cleaner beforehand;
Что делать, если Mi Robot Vacuum не подключается к Mi Home ?
- After a successful connection in the menu that appears, it is necessary to specify the name and password of the Wi-Fi network;
- Once the synchronization of the devices is completed, the vacuum cleaner is reflected on the main desktop of the app;
- After connecting to your smartphone, the Mi Home app prompts you to read the robot vacuum cleaner’s user manual, offering to watch clips:
- In the app, you can mark the main tasks for the smart vacuum cleaner (cleaning Clean or self-drive to the Dock base, if you need more functions, then you should go to “Settings” gadget (three horizontal dots in the upper right corner).
Item Scheduled cleaning Is responsible for setting the timer and automatic cleaning on a specified day and hour.
Item Cleaning mode Allows you to select one of four cleaning modes. They are displayed in ascending order of power: from the night to the most powerful and noisy Full speed. When you first connect the vacuum cleaner, the cleaning mode is set to Balanced by default.
Item Leaving reflects the degree of wear and tear of the vacuum cleaner components. Item Remote Control Turns the robot vacuum cleaner into a remote-controlled machine. Here the device can deviate from the planned route and clean a certain area.
Mi Home app does not work
If there are almost no questions about the quality of Xiaomi devices, the quality of the software is at a very low level. Mostly it concerns the Mi Home app, which in 3 years of existence could not be properly localized at least into English (let alone Russian). Occasionally there are massive crashes, which can affect both iPhone and Android apps together or individually.
At any time, you may find that Mi Home has stopped working, the network is unavailable, or authorization is not working. Let’s look at ways to work around these errors.
Mi Home is not logged into your account
Since the servers required for the application are in China, there are always problems with the application. Since the problem affects everyone, you may also get an error “Can not log in, check network and try again (-5003-060762)” or similar at the moment of authorization.
The question arises right away what could have caused this, it is unlikely it’s an update or the settings of the application.
Unknown error code 503 occurs when Mi Home app can’t reach Chinese servers, which can be caused by developers’ bad hands, or no less bad hands of Roskomnadzor.
If you can’t log into your Mi home account, there are 2 possible solutions:
Setting up a VPN on your phone
To bypass network problems, you can connect not directly to China, but through the transit server. To do this, we need to raise the VPN connection on the smartphone.
The easiest way is to install one of the special Play Store applications, such as VPN-Master.
Install and launch the app. We need to choose the country through which we want to let the traffic through (Singapore or Germany are the most stable). It may not connect at first attempt, it is advisable to make several attempts. After a successful connection, go to Mi Home and try to register.
If the authorization is successful, the VPN is no longer needed and must be disabled. Drop the upper curtain on the phone and go to “Connect to VPN”, then choose the item “Disconnect.
If the problem persists, you can try different countries in the VPN application.
Mi Home does not send notifications
If you managed to register in Mi Home, it does not mean that the adventure is over. A common problem: no push notifications. This is a very serious problem that caused me personally damages. the water meter leaked, and because of the broken notifications I found out about it only in the evening when I came home (good thing that the Gateway was lit up red to signal the incident). But I was able to see from the event logs that the leak sensor worked correctly back in the morning.
In most cases, the problem is on the Chinese side, but some settings can be checked. You can read more about notifications in a separate article.
Mi Home can’t find your device
There are times when the Mi Home app does not see your device. Most often it concerns a vacuum cleaner, Wi-Fi repeater or Gateway.
The first thing to check. region setting. For the correct work it should be specified Mainland China. Russia is there now, but if you choose it, most of the devices will be unavailable.
Secondly, you can try connecting to a VPN from the instructions above.
Third. it is possible to change the DNS server address to Chinese 220.127.116.11. You can change it on the router, or in the settings of Wi-Fi, more detailed instructions on how to change the Dns are in this article.
During the process, you can meet many bugs, for example in the Play store was a version that is not installed on any phone with the error “Mi Home is not supported on your device,” though was quickly corrected. It remains to hope that there will be fewer bugs, or have to reconfigure the system for Domoticz or HomeAssistant.
P.S. If you need to connect a robot vacuum cleaner with a euro plug to Mainland China, or just can’t connect the vacuum cleaner. See the answers in the vacuum cleaner article.
How to Connect the MI Home App to the MI Robot Vacuum
Failed to initialize the device
There are cases where the device is already added, but when you try to enter its control gives the error “Failed to initialize the device”. Most likely, the problem lies in the wrong region. This is a separate issue described in more detail in this article.
Can’t connect Xiaomi Mi Roborock Sweep One S50 robotic vacuum cleaner to home WI-FI
Please help me with the following question. Xiaomi Mi Roborock Sweep One S50 International robot vacuum cleaner cannot connect to the MiHom app. The application is loaded on the iPad, the home Internet via Asus RT-N11P router. In the application MiHom automatically vacuum cleaner is not visible, but manually connect to the WI-FI says “5G WI-FI is not supported”.
In the MiHom app, both Russia and other regions are overridden. Home TVs, tablets and other devices work with WI-FI for a long time and smoothly. Thank you!
Too bad, of course, that you have not attached screenshots of the application and have not written how you manually hook it up and where (at what exact step) the “5G WI-FI is not supported” error appears. I do not have such a vacuum cleaner and never set them up.
As far as I understand, the algorithm of connection and configuration of the robot vacuum cleaner is as follows:
- On the vacuum cleaner you need to activate the connection mode. Press and hold down two buttons, or the power button. For the indicator light to flash. How exactly on the Xiaomi Mi Roborock Sweep One S50. do not know. The manual should show.
- In connection mode, the robot vacuum cleaner gives out WI-FI. Connect to that network with your iPad.
- In the MiHom app, select to add a new device.
- The Xiaomi Mi Roborock Sweep One S50 vacuum cleaner should appear there. After that the setup process will start. The first thing you need to do is to choose your WI-FI network in the app (from Asus RT-N11P) and set the password correctly for the vacuum cleaner to connect to the router.
- Once set up, the vacuum cleaner will stop giving out WI-FI and you will connect your smartphone to your home network. The connection will be through the router.
I do not understand the error “5G WI-FI is not supported”. I don’t think (although it’s possible) that the Xiaomi Mi Roborock Sweep One S50 only connects to the 5GHz network. Which Asus RT-N11P can’t give out. I don’t know what kind of iPad you have. If it is old, then it does not support 5G WI-FI. This could be the problem.
Judging by the Комментарии и мнения владельцев on this post, the problem with connecting and setting up Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaners is very popular. I unfortunately can not give any specific advice and solutions for the reason that I do not have this device and do not have the opportunity to check everything myself.
In the Комментарии и мнения владельцев below, many visitors to our site have shared solutions that helped them to solve the problem with the connection of the robot vacuum cleaner from Xiaomi to Wi-Fi via Mi Home app. Usually there is an error “Bring your phone closer to the router” (The waiting time to connect to the network has expired).
When the items “Connected” and “Message sent to the device” are successful, and there is a red cross next to “Network connection time has expired”.
- If your particular model of robotic vacuum cleaner Xiaomi was released for the Chinese market (this can be understood from the inscriptions on the box and the device itself, there all in Chinese). It is very difficult to add it to the application. Seems the problem is solved by changing the region in the application to “China” (try it). But it does not always work. There is information that in this case, the phone should be set to Chinese time zone. If all captions are in English. for European countries (set one of the European countries in the settings). If all the inscriptions in Russian, then the region of Russia.
- Make sure that when you set up the robot vacuum cleaner, you correctly enter the password from the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect the vacuum cleaner.
- On the phone should be turned on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- During the setup, place the vacuum cleaner and the phone (from which you set up) near the router (to whose Wi-Fi network you will connect the robot vacuum cleaner).
- If it didn’t work the first time. Try again. Maybe the problem is on the Xiaomi servers side.
- Advice from Комментарии и мнения владельцев: enable all permissions in app settings.
- Full reset of the robot vacuum cleaner.
- The name of your main Wi-Fi network must be without any special characters and be written in English letters only.
- If you can’t set it up with your iOS device (iPhone, iPad). then try to configure it from an Android device.
Eugene shared another solution in Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
There should be no capital letters or special characters in the Wi-Fi network name and password. Only small letters and numbers. If you can’t connect your Roborock Sweep One S50 to your Wi-Fi network, check the network name (SSID) and password.
Read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. Share your solutions!
Guys, the router didn’t want to assign an IP to the vacuum cleaner, which was evident from the network map and its event log. solved by setting static DHCP in the router settings. Hope it helps someone.
It helped to connect to WI-FI 2.4GHz by changing the Wi-Fi protocol to 802.11n Region Russian, language Russian.
Hi, can you please tell me how to change the name of the wi-fi?
Vacuum Cleaner: Roborock S6 MaxV Router: Asus RT-AC66U Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra
Problem: Robot does not connect to the network (as many others here)
Solution: This is where it gets really interesting. I didn’t initially have a problem with the characters in the network name and password, although I tried those options as well. I tried reconfiguring the router for different types of networks (ac/n/legacy), changed channels, changed the firewall settings, in general I danced with tambourine on the whole program. Through the native Roborock app to connect the vacuum cleaner to the network, I have not been able to. But I managed to do it absolutely by chance through the app Mi Home, and it had nothing to do with the router or the vacuum cleaner (I rolled back the router settings to their initial state, and reset the Wi-Fi settings on the vacuum cleaner itself stopped long ago), then I was able to repeat the connection a few more times. In general, my connection algorithm is as follows: 1) Uninstall the Mi Home app so that the permission to control the Wi-Fi network is lost and install it again 2) Forget the Wi-Fi network of the robot itself 3) Start the standard procedure of connecting the robot to the network, 4) Wait till app gives error that it cannot connect to vacuum cleaner 5) Go to Wi-Fi settings and manually select vacuum cleaner network 6) Switch back to app and let it automatically connect to the cleaner 7) Almost immediately (within 10 seconds) robot says it starts to connect to the network 8) Wait till the connection is finished
Then everything starts to work. Sometimes it does not work at the first time, you need to repeat the algorithm, I, in total, have successfully connected the vacuum cleaner to the network about 5 times. It does not work with the native Roborock app.
From all of the above it is possible to draw a simple conclusion, in my case the problem is neither in the router, nor in the robot, but in the crooked software from Xiaomi. Maybe with future updates they will fix this.
Hi buddy. I don’t quite understand your instructions. Can you explain?( the problem is the same
Vacuum Cleaner: Roborock S6 MaxV Router: Asus ZenWiFi AX
A month was working without problems, then fell off from WI-FI and all, now as with all on the 3rd stage Bring the phone closer to the router network connection time has expired I already tried everything that is in this thread, nothing helped. Network name (all Latin letters with a small letter) Password (only numbers) Encryption methods (WPA WPA3) Regions (Germany, Singapore, China, Ukraine, ) Various installation combinations and resets Mi Home Reset to default settings of the vacuum cleaner, and separately reset WI-FI, 100500 times at each step Reset DHCP on the router, disabled protection, firewall, all blocking devices Disabled blocking third-party DNS at the provider Stavil 18.104.22.168 like DNS on the phone and on the router Left only 2.Tried all devices with different versions of Android (including Samsung and Xiaomi), one of them with root rights, and the application itself (Mi Home) gave absolutely all the rights
Connecting the MI Home App To the Xiaomi Robot Vacuum (Updated)
All the settings are rehacked 100 times over. Damn, well, the router is not an option to change, it’s new, and the money is normal ((( Already brain starts to melt.
What else to try ? Help, please
The same thing happened, a couple of weeks of normal flight, then bam and fell off.
Tried everything on your list too.
I noticed that the vacuum cleaner appears in the router. So it can’t connect to the servers ? (Home Internet Beeline) I gave out the Internet from the phone (MTS) hooked up the vacuum cleaner and everything worked.
I think that the Beeline home internet periodically cuts off the Xiaomi server. They even have a mobile Internet and home on the different opens sites, those that on a PC without vpn not pasha, on a mobile Internet open normal.
Through the mobile Internet (MTS) also checked, it works ! Changed provider during this time (now Lanet, Kiev) the same story, does not work. It seems that the issue is in the router, Asus updated the firmware with the security updates and then stopped working. When changing providers, by the way, I reset the router to factory settings. In the next week I will try to get some other router for testing (not Asus) and I will unsubscribe here if the result is positive.
Router got the following update, and everything started working, I think it was in the 3 point: Firmware version 22.214.171.124.384.81351 1. Fixed guest network related issues. 2. Improved system stability. 3. Fixed Android 7 device connection issues.
Connecting Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner to smartphone via app
Mi Home. Universal application developed by Xiaomi, which controls dozens of devices. From smart home sensors to electric vehicles and appliances. The application is available both on Andriod and iOS.
To connect the robot vacuum cleaner to the app you will need:
- Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner or company partners
- Android 4 smartphone.4 or on iOS 9.0 and up
- Wi-Fi router that works in the 2.4 GHz band
To connect the robot vacuum cleaner to your smartphone, download the application “Mi Home” in the application store “Play Market” or “App Store
In the Mi Home app, the regions act as a cloud service. A couple of years ago smart home devices worked only in the region of “China”. Since last year, the company has been adding popular devices to other regions as well. Now, the robot vacuum cleaners that Xiaomi and partners produce are connected through other regions as well. In our case, we choose the “Russia” region.
- Click “Add device”. The app will ask for location access to detect devices nearby. Allow, so it will be easier to find and connect new devices.
- Connect and choose a router that is in the house. Then enter the password of the Wi-Fi network, that is, the password of this router, and wait for the robot vacuum cleaner to connect to the network.
All! The robot vacuum cleaner is connected.
We connected Xiaomi Mijia 1C Sweeping Vacuum Cleaner, but the principle of connection is the same in each model.
Thanks to the Mi Home app increases the functionality of robot vacuum cleaners. For example, using the app builds a map of the house, appears zoned cleaning, staging virtual walls, cleaning on a schedule, and so on.
To get acquainted with the robot-vacuum cleaner Xiaomi, you can at our website in the section “Goods for home. “Robot vacuum cleaners.”.
Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner does not connect to the network
Robot vacuum cleaners from Xiaomi are of good quality, but sometimes there are errors in their work. One of them is the notification in the Mi Home app Bring the phone closer to the router, and then the network connection time has expired. And the red cross is displayed only next to the last item, no matter how close the smartphone is. Now let’s find out what to do and how to solve this problem.
Robot vacuum cleaner Xiaomi does not connect to the app. what to do?
Xiaomi smart vacuum cleaners have good functionality, which allows you to set different cleaning parameters and almost no interference in the work process. However, despite the rich functionality, no one is immune from malfunctions and various nuances. Thus, users of Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaners sometimes face a problem when the device does not connect to the app. In this article we’ll understand why this happens and how to get out of this situation.