Incorrect positioning of the hook of a Chayka sewing machine leads to thread breakage and other stitching defects, including skips. Skips are usually caused by the wrong position of the hook when it meets the needle. the hook hook nose does not catch the loop that is formed, it passes over it and a skip is formed. Many other factors may also be the cause.
In order to properly align the meeting position of the hook and needle, you need to adjust the position of the hook stroke. Loosen the two screws that fasten it and gently, you can use a powerful screwdriver to move or move away the stroke together with the hook in relation to the needle. The shuttle spins on an axis, not moves forward and backward. This is a very important point. It is not necessary to pull it out with a nail gun or hammer, it easily rotates on its axis. Inexperienced person is difficult to immediately understand what we are talking about, but it is also very difficult to explain in detail. Anything else you can add, make sure you understand carefully before you twist anything, much less unscrew anything. There should not be any parts left over after the repair.
Repair of neck machines (zigzag) like Chayka
The looping of the thread in the stitching, as well as the characteristic knocking during their work, perhaps the main difference between sewing machines with zigzag, such as Chaika, Podolskaya 142 all models. In brief, the looping of the stitch is due to uneven thread tension along the way: a broken compensating spring, rusty sole foot, wrongly installed hook course, etc.п. However, it is impossible to set many parameters on your own, without experience. So if you have poor stitching, pay attention, first of all, to the condition of the needle, the tension of the lower thread in the bobbin case and whether the upper thread tensioner works properly. Very often children like to take it apart and assemble, and after such repairs, the machine ceases to work.
Repair the sewing machine Chayka sometimes have to quite often, and this is not due to breakage of parts, the details then she just that very strong, and with some razreguliruemy interaction sewing machine components, mainly a hook course. Virtually all of these tips for repairing sewing machine Chayka can be used for other models of domestic machines.
First of all, check the hook hook with a magnifying glass, it should not have jagged, rusty spots. If there are any nicks, they must be removed with a fine file and polished to a shiny finish, otherwise the thread will be constantly trapped by the file marks, and loops will appear from the bottom. Only do it carefully so as not to blunt the tip of the hook spout.
Sometimes the bobbin (on which the lower thread is wound) can be the cause of sewing machine repair. Yes, exactly repair, because inexperienced “master” often disassembles and reassembles all the nodes, when it is sufficient to simply replace the old metal bobbin with a new plastic one. If the edges of the metal bobbin is jagged, and the bobbin case itself is clogged with fouling from the thread, the lower thread will come out jerking, and the upper thread in the stitching will occasionally loop from the bottom.
Often the reason for going to the sewing machine repairman is that the upper thread is poorly adjusted. You almost fully tighten it, but the tension is still too weak. Look, there may be thread frizz between the tensioner plates, preventing the washers from fully compressing. Perhaps the tensioner (Chaika) is loose.
But still most often at the sewing machines of type Chayka there is a failure of parameters of work of a shuttle and a needle. This is a complicated type of sewing machine repair, or rather settings, but for a general overview, it is desirable to know the main reason for all the “troubles” sewing machines.
The simplest and most ingenious invention is the machine needle. Of course, compared to a manual needle, it is more complicated. But if once you understand its construction, you will never again have the question of how to insert the needle into the sewing machine.
The device of the needle does not depend on what type of machine. mechanical or electric. All machine needles have the same design:
Adjust to run and wind the bobbin
The craftsman must know and be able to set his sewing equipment in working order. Step-by-step instructions are detailed in the instruction manual.
- Release the metal plate.
- Remove the cover and inspect the bobbin rod.
- Making sure it is fixed to the frame.
- Adjust the bobbin, thread through the top ring.
- Check that the screws are fastened. They must be tightened securely, but not overtightened.
Why the needle jams and how to fix it
If the needle shaft does not move, you can no longer sew. Any seamstress will first try to move the needle by twisting the handwheel with her hands. Sometimes it actually helps to unlock a stopped system. But more often one of the parts will be damaged.
If you have tried to turn the jamming flywheel and nothing happens, do not use more force to move it. This can only cause damage. In this situation you should seek help from a professional.
There can be several reasons why the needle does not move:
The machine has been lubricated with unsuitable oil (vegetable oil, oiling oil, etc.). п.).
Moisten all moving parts of the machine with a mixture of solvent and machine oil. Let it stand for a few minutes. Then with low-amplitude movements start to rotate the flywheel.
The quilting device is clogged with thread fragments, combed fabric, dust.
Pull out the bobbin. Carefully clean the hook, untangle the torn threads.
The bobbin case is not fully inserted and the stitch is rotated.
You need to disassemble the hook block. Pull out the hook with the jammed bobbin case. Carefully turn it counterclockwise to remove it from the hook.
The needle broke, a part of it got into the hook mechanism and jammed it.
Disassemble the mechanism. Remove needle chip. Reassemble the part.
The hook is jammed in the groove. The breakage is typical for Chaika models.
Requires the milling of the rear surface of the groove in the hook stroke housing. This operation can only be performed by a specialist.
A piece of thread got into the device system. A common problem for Veritas and Bernina brands.
Remove the part, unravel the threads, clean all the grooves. Put the machine back in place.
This is not a complete list of problems that cause the sewing needle does not work. Here are some of the most common occurrences. We do not recommend to eliminate them with your own hands. This may increase the breakage.
Adjusting the sewing machine chaika 132m
This machine is a simple zigzag with an electric drive.
In the late seventies of XX century. produced a similar machine “Malva”-120 cl.
Machine “Seagull”-132M cl. PMZ is becoming more and more widespread every year, so let’s dwell on it and describe it in more detail.
- Regulator of tension of the upper thread. Its cylindrical bearing part (base) is made of plastic, which is a design flaw. This part of the regulator should be covered with rim tape 2 (0.2 mm thick) and pressed into the hole with a slight force (See. fig. 75). Put the base of the regulator in the correct position before pressing it in. To do this, put a large washer 4 with a thread deflector on the base and turn the base 1 so that the vertical and the hook to the left of it formed a central angle of 30-25 ° (for more information, see the diagram below). part 3, “Sewing Machine.”Seagull”-142M cl. PMZ”).
- Small rocker 6 of the zigzag is shifted (defective) in relation to cam 14 of the zigzag forward or backward (see. Fig. 50). The phenomenon is frequent and should be constantly paid attention to. Fix in place without any disassembly. Open-end wrench 1214 and a large screwdriver slightly bend the large lever 5 zigzag so that the right end of the small rocker just sat down on the path of the plastic cam 14.
- The needle thread guide should not be open. Because of this the thread comes out of it when sewing and breaks. Bend the left free end of the thread guide under the needle bar so that the thread does not jump out and can be easily caught during threading.
- Remove the presser foot spring and bite off 4 coils with wire cutters. Put the spring on the rod with the shortened end down, clamp it with a pressure nut (threaded sleeve), with a large screwdriver press the spring on the rod to the limit and release.
- Position the needle in the middle of the slit with respect to its longitudinal axis, t. е. so that B = D. normal (cm. Fig. 67). If in D, the needle breaks; if in D, there are skipped stitches in the stitching. This can be adjusted by shifting the needle bar frame bracket (see. Fig. 68). Bracket 9 is attached to the machine body with two screws 8. You can, without loosening the screws, feed the plate (base) 7 bracket to the left, toward the presser foot, then the needle will move back (to the hook); if it is moved to the right of the foot, the needle will move forward (from the hook). When the adjustment is complete, tighten the screws 8 firmly. If the needle will go back, release screws 8 and under the left edge of the base 7 bracket to put a strip of rim tape size 203 mm and again make adjustments and clamp the screws 8.
- Correctly position the needle relative to the edges of the needle plate slot, t. е. A = B. norm (See. Fig. 67), parameter for straight stitching. Adjust with the device on the right end of the large zigzag lever. Set the zigzag control knob to “zero” (Fig. 80). Remove the upper cover of the machine arm. Use a small open-jaw wrench to loosen the nut 6 on the axis of the large and small arm lever assembly. Turn the adjusting screw 2 clockwise, then the needle will move to the right. Loosen screw 2 and turn lever 3 by hand to move the needle to the left. Once the needle is centred, t. е. When A = B, firmly tighten nut 6.
Fig. 80. Assembly of the large and small rocker arm (the machine “Chaika”-132M cl.):
- Set the needle in the slot on the zigzag when K = M is the norm (See. Fig. 67). Adjust by moving the needle bar frame relative to the large zigzag lever (see. Figure. 80). Set the control knob to full zigzag. Loosen the two screws 9 securing the large lever to the needle bar frame. Install the needle in the slots as shown 67, when K = M, and tighten screws 9. Check the position of the needle by п. 6. If there are irregularities, readjust by п. 6. Then continue working according to n.7.
- 8. At the locking ring, clamp both screws on the thread guide. Saw a 90° angle to its right side (see. fig. 8, бThe dotted line indicates the sawing edge of the tooth). Put the ring on the housing of the shuttle stroke, put the knob 16 (See. Fig. 50) on the right zigzag prong and see what is the gap between the needle and the thread guide plate (its beveled side). The gap should be 1 mm. If it is too big, move the hook block together with the sector gear shaft to the left until the gap is felt (see here for details). part 3, “Sewing machine “Podolsk”-142 cl. PMZ”, n. 24).
- Set the gap in the teeth of the bevel gears 8 and 20 (see. Figure. 9). The gap is set by the play of the shuttle pusher in all its positions. The backlash will be different in the different positions of the tappet, which is a clear defect of the machine builders, t. к. backlash should be the same. Since it is impossible to set the same backlash, the smallest to do in the position where it disappears and the teeth seize, in other positions. what will be. Adjust the backlash by shifting the shaft of sector gear with the left sleeve 9 to the right or left. Then fasten the screws on both bushings. Setting this gap can cause a situation (see. Fig. 9): Shuttle shaft 12 will have a longitudinal backlash in all positions of the shuttle pusher, and the pusher. no. This may be the case if the shaft 1 of the pusher strongly clamped limiting ring 2. It is necessary to hit lightly the end of the shaft 1 of the tappet with a hammer and make a gap, barely perceptible by hand. The amount of play in the gear mesh gears 6 and 20 to determine only by hook pusher. (For details, see the machine tool builder’s manual. part 3, “Sewing machine “Podolsk”-142 cl. PMZ”, p. 24.)
- Check and, if necessary, correct all devices on the lid (see “24”). part 3, “Sewing machine “Podolsk”-142 cl. PMZ”).
- Check the serviceability of the bobbin case and, if there are deficiencies, correct them (see. 2 part, “The shuttle device”). Set normal bobbin cap leaf spring pressure on thread 0 with adjustment screw half-turn released.
- Check the stitch length regulator. Normal work will be at:
“W”. feed nylon in one layer without warping the fabric;
Violation of these positions requires intervention in the adjustment of the stitch length regulator (how to perform adjustment, see “zigzag”). Part 3, “Sewing machine “Podolsk”-142 кл. PMZ”, n. 28).
Sewing machine “Podolsk”-142
The main difference between “Podolsk”-142 “in the ability to do zigzag stitch and handle the edge of the fabric. Past models could only sew straight, and the predecessor model “Podolsk 132”, although it had similar capabilities, was imperfect and required refinement.
“Podolsk 142 is an improved version of the Podolsk 132. The main technical specifications are as follows:
Important! Can sew faster, but parts wear out faster at higher speeds.
You will be interested in How to sew men’s and women’s shirts at seams
- Weight: 39 kg for a foot-operated sewing machine and 16 kg for an electric sewing machine in a carrying case.
- The maximum length of a straight stitch: 4 mm.
- Maximum zigzag width: 5 mm.
- Needle offset: up to 2.5 mm off-center to the side.
- Maximum thickness of fabric: 5 mm.
- Foot lift height: 8 mm.
Some machines are foot operated
- The machine itself.
- Foot (with belt) or electric drive.
- Set of 5 regular and 3 twin needles.
- Several different feet, including zipper and buttonhole.
- 4 bobbins and darning device.
- Thread Inserter.
- Motorized light bulb.
- Case or closet-table case.
Many seamstresses are wary of buying a handmade model because the production of both the machine and the parts is closed. Their fears are unfounded: the technique itself is quite robust and can serve for a long time, the adjustment is not complicated, and the necessary parts can be found in specialized shops.
needle in “Podolsk” type machines is inserted in the highest position of the needle arm, and the flat part of the thickened bulb must be turned to the right. In this case the long groove is turned to the base of the sleeve. The needle is inserted upward as far as it will go and is manually fastened with the special screw.
How to Insert a Sewing Machine Needle
Insert the flat side of the needle into the back of the machine so that the needle touches the needle stopper. Hold the needle with your left hand and use the screwdriver to tighten the needle clamp screw. Insert the needle all the way in and firmly tighten the needle clamp screw with a screwdriver. Otherwise, the needle can break or the machine can be damaged.
Without exaggeration, the best model ever made! The most advanced machine that can do a lot of operations. This model has a thread cutter, thread tension device, electric motor. The 142 differs from a related model by structure of overstitching legs.
Succeeds in sewing linen, silk, wool, cotton. To perform decorative stitches have double needles. Straight and zigzag stitches are the main stitch types.
Instructions for the sewing machine Chayka 142M
- Setting up and preparing to work;
- Repair machines with their own hands;
- How to tuck the thread;
- Assignment of foot and work with them;
- Preparation of electric motor;
- How to get quality stitching;
- Lubrication and cleaning the device;
- Malfunctions and troubleshooting.
You should not spare money to buy this machine, because for such a price does not sell any analogue of Brother, Bernina and others many times more expensive, but the functionality is the same, but reliability is lower.