The established temperature standards for apartments
Legislation of the Russian Federation provides for the supply of heat to apartments and houses with clearly established temperature norms. This is governed by the following provisions:
- GOST R 51617-2000. The minimum temperature in the living space is 18°C, the maximum temperature is 25°C (for cellars, staircases, etc). д. norms are different);
- SanPiN 18.104.22.16845-10. recommended thermometer readings are 20-22°C;
- Rules of providing public services to the owners and users of premises in multi-apartment buildings and residential houses, Appendix 1 par. 15, which is approved by Government Decree 54 of 06.05.2011. the norms for specific rooms are written.
A mandatory requirement is an uninterrupted supply of heat carrier. But there are allowable norms on the duration of interruption of heat supply:
- 24 hours within 30 calendar days;
- 16 hours at a time, but provided that the temperature in the room is not below 12°C;
- 8 hours if the thermometer readings do not fall below 10-12°C;
- 4 hours when the temperature in the room is 8-10°C.
We suggest reading the standards of heat output of heating radiators. a comparison table of cast iron, bimetallic, aluminum and steel batteries
The system is bloated
Most often the battery does not warm, because airlocks have collected in it. To deal with them, you need to install taps Maevsky. With their help air can be safely released without flooding the floor. If you live on the upper floors, then the Maevsky cocks must be put on each radiator.
If the radiator is not connected correctly, the coolant in the radiator will follow the path of less resistance. As a result, only a few sections are warm. In the rest of the cases the stagnation of the cold fluid happens. Such a problem does not happen, if you make a diagonal connection of the radiator.
Typical mistakes when connecting the radiators and methods of their elimination
Sometimes after replacing the batteries there is not a happy picture. the new radiators remain cold, even though the old elements were heated at least somehow. The cause in this case could be an incorrect connection to the riser pipe. If the upper pipe through which water is fed and the lower pipe through which it is drained are connected on one side, the coolant circulation can be obstructed and some sections in the radiator will not be able to warm up sufficiently. This problem often occurs in homes where there is insufficient water pressure in the heating system.
This should be the ideal connection diagram of the radiator
To avoid this, experts connect the inlet and outlet diagonally (top and bottom from different sides). such a variant allows hot liquid to circulate freely through all compartments of the radiator. If the system is already connected, then you do not need to resort to radical measures. To correct the situation, you can use a special extension in the form of a cone-shaped tube. It is connected to the connector of the pipe that supplies hot water to the radiator. This measure allows you to shift the input and markedly improve circulation.
How to fix leaking shut off valve fast ( Steam Radiator valve ) | Avoid plumber
Does the heat transfer medium affect the quality of the heating
Almost all heating device manufacturers unanimously recommend not to drain the coolant from the system, except as a last resort. And there is an explanation.
Batteries can be cold because of air s. With every filling of the system air-filled voids are formed. The constant circulation of the coolant gradually removes air from the system, taking it through the expansion tank or bleed valves.
Therefore it is better to use the old coolant for heating. As a result, even if at first the bottom of the battery was cold, the top was hot, and the sections differed in temperature of heating, over time, the situation can normalize, thanks to the continuous operation of the coolant without changing it.
The best solution is to use a special heat transfer fluid. It corrodes rust and eliminates the littering of pipes and radiators, which significantly affects the heat output and heating uniformity.
If independent efforts to achieve uniform heating of the radiator did not give results, then it is clearly not worth delaying in inviting a qualified plumber.
Probable causes of violations of heat supply norms
There are various possible reasons for a lack of heat in the apartment. Among them are the most common:
- Excessive wear and tear of the communication system;
- Errors made at the design stage or in the process of installing the system;
- Incorrect regulation of the heat supply by an incompetent or negligent employee;
- Unauthorized connection of neighbors to the centralized system (for example, incorrect installation of underfloor heating).
In order to determine who is responsible you may need the help of a lawyer, who can be consulted online as well as in person. In order to avoid unnecessary costs it is better to do this in the case of any refusal, as feedback from those who have already encountered the problem testifies to the incompetence in this matter, even some representatives of the Supreme Court.
Improper connection is the reason why the radiators don’t heat in a private house
There are many wrong design decisions that can cause the system to malfunction. As a result. barely warm or even cold batteries.
Let’s break down the main blunders and oversights:
The very first reason is the incorrect position of the bypass valve. What is a bypass? This is the section of pipe that connects the “supply” and “return” before entering the radiator. Its constructive essence is to shut off the water supply to the radiator so that you can easily remove and reinstall the radiator. So, if the bypass is open, the coolant will circulate through it as a shortcut, bypassing the battery and as a result. not working batteries.
Illiterate installation of the heating system. Of course it is possible to outline the features of a well installed heating system, but this is a whole science.
Even the wrong choice of pipe diameter, or the wrong type of battery and heating boiler can lead to permanent malfunction.
Often, badly heated batteries can simply be the result of the battery’s peculiarities. It is very difficult to say which radiators are of high quality and which are not, so read the forum, talk to trusted consultants and do not let them “sell” you low-quality products.
YUFP FBLPE ORTPDHFEYE VBFBTEK
ЬBÜEN ЬFP DEMBAF Ь LPZDB? LBLIJE NND DEKUFFCHIST WSCHFSCH RTJFPN (HLMAYFSH/CHLMAYFSH VBFBTEA, UHRHUFHFHFHFSH TCHPDHY (LBL?))?
hPPVE-FP RTPDHCHLH DEMBAF CHCHI UMHYUBSI:.OMPEYY UUUFEN C HPDFHIB C UUUFEN;. OMPEY UU UU PFPFEOIK C UBFBTESI. RETCHPN UMHYUBE CHPDHY HdbmsAF U CHETIJOEK FPLY UUFENCH (YMY VBFBTEI). DMS bFpZp PVsbfemshop OBmYuYe F.О rTTHUDHUNDFTCHBAFUS OB LBCDPN UFPSLE. rTPDCHCHBAF CHOBUBME RtY RPMOPUFSHA PFLTCHFCHI RTPBYU Y PVTBFFE (TBHNEFFUS RPDUFBCHI CHEATTP Y OHTSOP EE OPDEFSH YMBOZ OBE CHEOFIMSH, SOFPV OE VTSHCHBZBMP). hOpcdb rtIpdIfUS dEMbfsch bfx prEtbGYA oEpdopltbFOp. eUMY OE RPNPZBEF, FP ЪБЛТСHBAF RpdbYUH y RtHRPDSF FE FE DEKUFCHYS (PVTBFLB RpDBEFUS UOYH y CHFeUOSEF FEN UBNN CHPDCHI). RtPUME RTPDCHCHLY (LPZDB RETEUFFBM YDFY CHPPDCHI) PFLTCHCHBAF RTSNHA. hUMHYUBE VBFBTEC PFMPCEAOISN OEPVIPDINP RTPDHCHBFSH U OJTSOEK FPLY VBFBTEEK.
No circulation in the heating system in what causes
In its absence, you will regulate the temperature of the batteries not only in your room, but also throughout the entire riser. It is unlikely the neighbors will be happy with such actions.
Read more: temperature regulators in the heating system.
The easiest and cheapest version of the regulator is to install three valves: on the supply, return and jumper. If you close the valves on the radiator, the jumper must always be open.
There is a huge abundance of different thermoregulators, which can be used in apartment buildings and private homes. Among the great variety, each consumer can choose for themselves a regulator that will suit them in terms of physical parameters and, of course, in terms of cost.
Useful recommendations and prevention of heating problems
It is rational to try to prevent the emergence of the problem, rather than later to be engaged in repair. To improve the performance of the heating system, experts recommend paying special attention to the following nuances:
- Diagonal connection scheme is used exclusively in apartment buildings. so the coolant will be distributed evenly;
- Soldering plastic pipes should be a master, as the wrong actions lead to the blocking of the passage by fusion elements;
- Do not panic immediately after you connect the heating, because after the first start of heating it takes 3 to 4 days to get a steady warm-up;
- The first actions to find the cause of the cold bottom, carry out in this algorithm:
- Check the accuracy of the connection of the batteries to the pipes;
- Vent the air;
- Clean the heating radiators.
Be sure to conduct preventive measures after the end of the heating season. They include actions such as:
How your STEAM boiler works
- Remember how efficiently the system worked during the winter. if there were problems with uneven heat distribution, focus on them and call a specialist;
- In summer, clean out debris and sediments, especially if there is a predisposition to them;
- Check how the shut-off valves work;
- Install Maevsky cocks, if there are none, so that during the heating season it will be easier to get rid of the blowing.
If the heating radiators are very old, replace them with modern models that do not corrode from the inside and are easy to maintain. Do not forget to ask your masters how many sections can be installed in a particular room.
If the top of the radiator is hot, but the bottom is cold for 2-3 days, this is a reason to look for the cause of the problem. If you are not confident in your abilities to fix the violations, you should call an employee of the housing and communal services. The management company has no right to refuse the request.