If after the installation of the dryer there is not enough space between the wall and the device, the situation can be corrected with the help of fixing elements. Use for this purpose special corners, which are fastened to the wall, and slightly move the device. Depending on the diameter of the pipes and the distance to which you want to move the device, choose the appropriate corners.
Important! The advantage of such brackets is that they can be chosen exactly in accordance with the color of the towel dryer.
Required tools for the work
To replace the towel radiator, you need to stock up on a sufficient number of necessary tools:
- Level for accurate marking;
- The welding and soldering equipment (for polypropylene pipes);
- angle grinder;
- device for thread cutting;
- scissors. pipe cutters;
- Fittings and couplings for connection;
- adjustable wrench and pipe wrench;
- ball cocks;
- sealant (gasket);
The tool kit also depends in part on what pipes will be replaced. For polypropylene will need a soldering machine, metal-plastic will be installed using crimping pliers. It is worth bearing in mind that this is the minimum set of tools, which may vary depending on the type of work.
Using a bypass in the connection scheme
The bypass will greatly facilitate the repair process of the towel radiator, in his presence, the riser must not be turned off. This part is placed in front of the inlet and outlet of the structure and facilitates the movement of water in all conditions. The device is a pipe through which the water circulates. Bypass device is fixed in place of the coil with 2 tees, you will also need a pipe with a bell.
On the bypass fix three valves: 2. to connect to the dryer, 1. to stop the flow of water.
How To Install A Heated Towel Rail. Step by Step Guide by Trade Radiators
In the installation of a bypass and taps are not necessary, but this system will greatly facilitate and secure the repair of the dryer. Do not install taps on the bypass, it will lead to a reduction in pressure, the water will flow from the faucet is not hot enough.
How not to get into a penny: independent replacement of the towel dryer in the bathroom
For a variety of reasons it may be necessary to replace the towel dryer in the bathroom, for example, the old device does not look aesthetically pleasing or has lost its effectiveness.
In some situations, such repairs are engaged in employees of housing, but sometimes it is easier to do with their own hands. For this, it is worth reading in detail the process of replacing the device in the bathroom.
For water supply, usually use steel, copper or polypropylene pipes. Unlike other types, polypropylene will be easier to weld with their own hands.
- Steel pipes will require a welding machine, they weigh a lot and are subject to corrosion.
- Copper is installed by soldering. They do not rust, but they are expensive.
- Polypropylene pipes do not rust, are inexpensive, have little weight. In our case, it is mandatory to use pipes with reinforcement, it increases their strength when working with hot water under pressure. For their welding requires a special soldering iron, which you can buy, rent or make yourself from an old iron. about this we wrote in our article about welding polypropylene pipes.
How to properly perform the replacement, transfer and connection of the towel radiator
Towel rail, as an important bathroom accessory, creates a favorable microclimate in this room, prevents the appearance of mold, fungi, pathogenic germs and allows you to constantly have at hand dry warm towels. However, over time, in Soviet-built homes their outdated models are no longer pleasing to the eye, losing their attractive appearance and functionality. Therefore, having decided to change the interior, to make repairs in the bathroom, many will certainly face the question of dismantling, redesigning the location and arrangement of a new towel dryer. Replacing the towel radiator, its transfer to another wall is a complex and not simple process.
How to correctly perform the replacement, transfer and connection of the towel radiator in this should be understood before starting the repair, regardless of whether these works will perform experienced plumbers or be made by their own hands. In any case, it will help to control the whole process of construction and installation work and compliance with certain rules.
Types of cable heater
Resistive. Has a low cost. Easy enough to install. Usually used in the home for heating pipes with a diameter up to 40 mm and to equip the system of underfloor heating. The principle of this element is to lay special sensors and wire along the entire length of the pipeline. Sensors react to any temperature changes and periodically connect and disconnect the heating system.
The wire can be laid by spiral and band method. It is fastened to pipes with an aluminum tape. During installation, it must under no circumstances be stressed too much. For even heat distribution you can wrap the conductor and pipes with aluminum foil. A reliable thermal insulation system is also necessary. Mineral wool is suitable for thermal insulation.
Self-regulating. Used for heating pipes over 40 mm in diameter, tanks, roofs, electrical panels, gutters, etc. This heating cable consists of 2 insulated conductors in a polymer that changes its resistance when exposed to temperature changes. This means that when the air temperature drops, the resistance of the polymer decreases and the amperage increases, which leads to an increase in the heat generated. No temperature regulators or electronic sensors are needed.
If the temperature rises, this process is reversed. Self-regulating heating cable has a long life. Economical and safe cable is ensured by reliable insulation.
Benefits of self-regulating cables
- Self-regulating cable has a higher resistance to power surges. If the voltage is increased for a long time, the cable will not burn out.
- Self-regulating cable can be cut to size. But the resistive ones have a fixed length.
Dismantle the old device
Start by disassembling the old heated towel rail. To do so:
- Having coordinated with the neighbors and the managing company, we block the heating riser and drain the water from it.
- If the old structure was welded to the riser pipes, cut it off with an angle grinder. In the case of a detachable connection, unscrew the fastening sleeves.
- In rare cases, when the installation dimensions of the new device coincide with the old, you can consider yourself lucky. Most often this is not the case and you have to cut the pipes even with a demountable connection.
- The cut in the riser pipe should be at a height greater than the distance between the input pipes of the new heated towel rail on the length of fittings and couplings needed to cut in the bypass.
- When cutting, consider not only the installation dimensions of the new appliance, but also the possibility of threading the pipes.
- Remove the old device from the wall, cutting its brackets with an angle grinder or hacksaw.
[blockquote_gray] Nowadays the market offers a large selection of different types of water heaters. We advise you what kind of boiler to choose for an apartment and how to properly install and connect it.
How to install a gas water heater in the apartment read this publication.[/blockquote_gray]
We will connect the towel radiator with polypropylene pipes. Why polypropylene? This is the best option.
The most common materials for supply pipes are steel, copper, and polypropylene:
- Steel pipes are heavy, corrosive, requiring a welding machine for installation.
- Copper does not rust, but it is very expensive and mounted by soldering.
- Polypropylene pipes are not prone to corrosion, are cheap, have low weight. Reinforcement by a special fiber significantly increases their strength and resistance to high temperatures. The availability of a variety of fittings makes it easy to connect polypropylene with metal pipes. It is very easy to install them. For this there are special welding devices, which can be mastered in literally half an hour and freely make high-quality connections. In addition, these devices can be rented at most stores that sell plastic pipes and building materials. This service costs about 400 per day.
Подробнее о пайке и монтаже полипропиленовых труб можно почитать здесь.