How to decipher the error of LG washing machine
A modern automatic washing machine (automatic washing machine), which until recently seemed a miracle of technology, today is a commonplace attribute of the bathroom (kitchen) room. The automatic washing machine has transformed from an ordinary device for washing into a multi-unit machine with several dozens of different programs, functions and options. But like any complex appliance, literally packed with electronics, the automatic washing machine is often trying to break down.
How Does the Self-Diagnostic System Work in a Washing Machine??
In the event of a malfunction, the display shows a two-digit code with English letters and numbers, e.g. FE, TE, PE, LE, 1E, etc. п. The error can appear at any point in the cycle, from the start of the machine to the last minutes of the spin. Some codes are related to a certain step of the program, others are generated by the machine independently of it. For example, error PF means there is a problem with power supply, and can occur either at the beginning, in the middle, or at the end of the cycle, while error IE in LG washing machine, that indicates problems with water intake, occurs mainly before washing or rinsing.
If you identify the nature of the error correctly, you can eliminate most of the malfunctions yourself
Full deciphering of codes to your model of LG washing machine you can find in the user manual or on official site of manufacturer.
No need to call a technician
If at the occurrence of error IE it becomes clear that the breakage of parts is unlikely, and most likely the cause is a one-time failure of electronics, water supply failure, but does not concern mechanical damage, then there is a chance that the problem can be solved independently.
If the unit requires professional replacement of parts, work with the “electronic brain” of the machine and certain skills, it is recommended to call a trusted repairman. There are situations when it is better to entrust the repair to a professional not to aggravate a malfunction and not to increase the cost of repair at times. The cost of such repairs may depend on the model of LG washing machine, the period of operation, as well as the number of ongoing manipulations and replaced parts.
Washing machine gives out an error code “8” more than a year ago LG F1222ND5 Washing machines
Hello!Please help please, error UE, but the problem is not with the laundry, I will tell you right away.There is a problem with the drum fixing. LG Washing Machine Disassembled.
LG WD-80155NU washing machine error when switching on, more than a year ago
Hello. LG WD-80155NU washing machine gives out an error code “8” when turned on. What does it mean? Thanks in advance
I can not open the LG washing machine more than a year ago LG WD-10391TD washing machine
Why does error 5e appear?
Code 5e indicates a problem with the water drain in the machine. This error can occur during the washing and rinsing phases, it is not possible to occur during the spin cycle. Usually the appliance is able to get water in and gets washed correctly until it comes to drainage. The machine makes several attempts to get rid of dirty water, then stops working with a full tank and generates error 5e or similar error e2 (in models produced before 2007).
Code 5e and e5 should not be confused. these two values indicate different malfunctions. Error e5 is displayed on the displays of older models of washing machines Samsung with a problem with the heating element (heating element).
IE error code on LG Topload washer
If the washing machine is not equipped with a display, the lack of drainage will indicate the following combination of burning indicators: a glowing temperature light 40 ℃ and randomly flashing lights of all washing programs.
No drainage can be caused by a clog in the drainage filter
After deciphering code 5e on the display, the reasons that led to the malfunction should be identified. In any case the problem will be connected with external or internal units, involved in the operation of the drain system. Possible causes of the error:
LG Washing Machine. OE Error Code
- Clogged filter, drain hose or drainage system;
- Drain pump breakage;
- faulty contacts of the pump;
- Control panel failure.
Most of these problems users can fix themselves at home, and only in extreme cases will require the help of a specialist.
How to eliminate the breakdown?
What to do if one of the faults that cause an IE error occurs? At a minimum, you should use the above advice and listen to how the LG washing machine works. If there is a sound of water when the error IE pops up, then you must immediately proceed to check and replace the pressostat for the washing machine. If you don’t hear the sound of water coming in, then do the following set of actions.
- Let’s find the valve on the tap. tee which is screwed to the filling hose of the washing machine, blocking the valve and turn it in the direction of closing.
- We unscrew the filler hose from the faucet. tee and the machine, clean and wash it.
- In a place of “joining” the filler hose and washing machine find the flow-through filter, pull it out and clean.
- We remove the top cover of the washing machine, approximately at the junction point of the filler hose with the body of the washing machine, we find the inlet valve.
- Take a multimeter, put it in ohmmeter mode, put the probes on the contacts of the valve and measure the resistance. If the resistance varies from 2 to 4 kOhm, it means that everything is normal, the valve’s electrics are fine. If the resistance value is much lower, you need to change the valve or coil separately, if there is such a possibility.
Important! The valve electronics may be fine, but the unit will still not function properly if its mechanism is broken, in which case the valve must definitely be replaced.
After performing the above actions, in the vast majority of cases the problem can be eliminated and the IE error disappears. But sometimes the IE error still remains, in which case it is most probable that there is a problem with the electronics. the triac of the control module, which is responsible for the intake valve or the pressostat is defective. In such situation it is better not to fix the problem with your own hands, you can aggravate the problem, contact professionals.
Prevention of such failures
And the last question that must be discussed within the frame of this article: how to prevent further breakdowns causing the error IE? There are several such measures and they are of different types. To prevent the flow filter and hose from clogging, they should be cleaned at least once a year. It will take you 10 minutes, but LG machine will work like clockwork.
To make the electrical and electronic circuits of a washing machine as safe as possible, it is necessary to stabilize the voltage in the electrical network. If the voltage is stable, which does not happen in Russian electrical networks, then there is much less chance that the valve coil or control module will break. A special stabilizer for washing machines will help to effectively solve this problem.
To summarize, IE error in the LG washing machine occurs when the machine can not pump water into the tank, or can not at all, or can not pump the required amount. The article tells about breakdowns that lead to this and how to fix them. We hope this information will be useful to you, have a nice repair!
The causes of error 1e
- There is no water in the water supply system or the water tap of the machine is blocked.
- The inlet hose is in improper condition.
- Inlet strainer clogged.
- The pressure switch is defective.
- The control board is malfunctioning.
Since we already know exactly what the breakdown may be, let’s look at what to do in each case:
- If there is a problem with the water supply. or more precisely, with the head, you can contact the city water department for clarification. Another way to solve this problem is to install a small pump, which will create the necessary pressure.
- If the valve is blocked. The solution is obvious, you have to open the faucet. It is also possible that it is not fully open, which could also be the reason for the appliance to display a failure code.
- Next, you need to see if the fill hose is installed correctly. Consult the manual, the correct location is shown in the picture.
- The next thing you need to inspect is the filter screen. It is between the fill hose and the machine, unscrew this assembly, and rinse under running water filter. If ordinary water does not clean it, put the filter in a special solution with m aggressive acids.
- Disconnect the LG washing machine from the electric mains. There may have been a malfunction in the program and a restart will be able to restore normal operation.
- The problem with the intake valve. Opening signal is received from the control module, which causes the fluid to overflow. The valve may not be opening completely or may only be opening halfway. Inspect it and replace with one that does not malfunction if necessary.
- Problem in the pressostat. First remove it and inspect, clean its tube. If cleaning has not corrected the situation, you need to buy a functioning device.
- The fault is in the control board. Check the wiring that connects the board to the liquid level sensor and other elements of the system. If a rupture is detected, replace or repair the defective part.
If these steps do not lead to the expected result, you will need to contact a master for the first diagnosis. And subsequently, reprogramming or replacing individual elements.
How to troubleshoot?
What to do if one of the faults that cause an IE error occurs? As a minimum it is necessary to take advantage of the above advice and listen to how LG washing machine works. If there is a sound of water when the IE error appears, then we must immediately proceed to the inspection and replacement of the washer-dryer pressostat. If the sound of flowing water is not heard, then we make the following set of actions.
- We find on the faucet-troynik, which is screwed to the filler hose of the washing machine, shut off the valve and turn it in the direction of closing.
- Let’s unscrew the filler hose from the tap-pipe and the machine, clean it and wash it.
- At the “joint” of the filling hose and the washing machine find the flow filter, take it out and clean it.
- Remove the top cover of the washing machine, approximately at the point of “joining” the filler hose with the body of the washing machine, we find the inlet valve.
- We take a multimeter, switch it to ohmmeter mode, put the feelers on the valve contacts and measure the resistance. If resistance is between 2 and 4 kOhm then everything is ok, the valve electrics are ok, if the resistance is much lower then you need to change the valve or coil separately if it is possible.
Important! Electric valve may be okay, but the unit will still not function properly if its mechanism is broken, in this case the valve must definitely be replaced.
After performing the above steps, in the vast majority of cases, the problem can be solved and the IE error disappears. But sometimes the IE error still remains, in which case it is most likely an electronic problem. a defective triac in the control module, which is responsible for the intake valve or the pressostat. In such a situation, it is better not to fix this failure with your own hands, you can aggravate the problem, please contact the professionals.
Prevention of such breakdowns
And there is one last thing that should be discussed within this article: how to prevent future IE error errors? There are several such measures, and they are varied. To prevent the flow filter and hose from clogging, you should clean them at least once a year. All in all it will take you 10 minutes, but LG machine will work like clockwork.
In order to maximize protection of electrics and electronics of the washing machine, it is necessary to stabilize the voltage in the electrical network. If the voltage is stable, which does not happen in the Russian electricity networks, then there is much less chance that the valve coil or control module will break. A special stabilizer for the washing machine can effectively solve such a problem.
To summarize, we note that the error IE in the LG washing machine occurs in cases where the machine can not pump water into the tank, or at all can not, or can not pump in the right amount. This article tells about the breakdowns that lead to this and how to fix them. We hope, this information will be useful to you, have a good repair!