How to properly consider the connection size of the device?
Individual construction allows the output of the pipeline to connect the towel radiator of the desired shape. In apartments, this option requires an impressive monetary investment, but is often practiced during the overhaul. The size directly depends on the shape of the device.
The most widespread are universal towel dryers in the form of a coil, because they are made according to generally accepted standards of connection. Ladders and foxtrot also have close to the standard parameters, so they are popular with consumers. Choosing the size, you should consider such a parameter as “nominal bore” or the inner clear size of the pipeline. It is always a size smaller than the one specified in the classification. If a model with type “1” connection is chosen, the nominal diameter is “3/4”. It is necessary to take into account. Otherwise you might be confronted with the fact that the purchased towel radiator will not fit the piping.
The dryer from polypropylene, made by yourself, is one of the most budgetary options for the bathroom.
Determining the dimensions of the towel radiator, the place of installation, preparation of the drawing and material
In order for the propylene towel dryer to heat the room well, its dimensions should be chosen based on the area of the bathroom.
The diameter of the pipe is 2-2.5 cm. Once the dimensions of the dryer and the diameter of the pipe have been selected, it is necessary to draw a diagram of the structure, which will help to calculate the length of the pipes and the number of connecting elements.
- pipes for the unit. (The diameter must match the landing places in the distribution);
- connecting nodes;
- several ball valves;
- equipment for welding propylene;
- pipe cutter.
Welding of the structure
For welding polypropylene, a classic welding machine is not suitable. For this purpose there is special equipment. It is easy to operate, so there are no problems with its use.
Bathroom with a drying device installed on the wall next to the washbasin.
Installation of polypropylene
No need to install the device on hard fasteners, it is better to use special brackets. This will help protect the walls from increased loads and deformation from high temperatures.
Important! When installing the dryer for the bathroom, it is required to withstand the clone of the supply pipe.
Metal pipes for the manufacture of a water device
Calculations of the power of the device are made, based on the area of the room where the towel dryer, made with his own hands, the humidity of the air, the presence of ventilation. We recommend a thermal energy value of 150 watts per 1 m2 of the room.
The ability of the device to heat the desired area of the room depends on the height and width of the manufactured device. This dependence is reflected in the table.
For example, for the rooms with the most common area of 4.5-6.0 m2 model with the dimensions 0.53/0.5 m is mounted on the preliminary drawing.
For the installation of a towel dryer, materials are purchased:
- metal pipe with a cross-section of 3.2/0.2 cm, the length of 300 cm
- pipe outlet angle with a section of 3.2/0.2 cm. the number is individual for each design serpentine
- “American” and bushings for it. 4 pieces (depending on the model);
- fasteners. 4 pcs. (depends on the model);
- for fasteners the number of decorative washers. 4 pcs.;
- stud M8;
- under the stud nut M8.
Without the selection of tools to perform the installation will be difficult:
- welding tool;
- a set of electrodes;
- angle grinder;
- disks on metal;
- felt and grinding discs;
- felt-tip pen, tape measure.
The stages of making a towel dryer from metal pipes
Algorithm of work on the manufacture of the dryer from metal pipes is described as an example on the model from the drawing:
- The construction blank is connected to the outlets.
- Weld seams are grinded until the surface of the structure is smooth.
- Mounting fasteners.
- Loose ends are connected to the riser pipe branches using “americanes”.
- Check all connections and grind the entire surface to a final finish.
Types of towel dryers by principle of operation
In the bathroom, three kinds of dryer are installed:
To choose which to make a towel dryer in the bathroom, it is necessary to study the principle of operation of each type.
Water type appliance
For the manufacture of a water towel dryer, copper, brass covered with chrome, stainless steel, black steel, it is covered with nickel.
The priority is to use stainless steel. This is explained by the fact that this material can withstand high pressure jumps in water.
Description of the principle of operation of the water model resembles the work of the heating battery: from the main line comes the supply of hot water to the radiator. Further it moves through the pipes of the drying structure. At this point the heat is released into the room. Fluid enters the water supply or heating system through the return pipe.
Pluses in the work of the water model only confirm the correctness of its choice:
- After installation, the electricity bills will not increase, since the dryer is not connected to the network with electricity;
- The installation itself is uncomplicated and does not require additional measures (earthing, special moisture-proof sockets);
The biggest problem faced by the owners of the water structure, working from the heating system, in the suspension of its use for the non-heating season.
The electric model
The heating element is a cable or TEN, which are inside the radiator. The heat carrier is water or antifreeze, if the heating element is installed inside. When there is a cable in the pipes, the radiator without liquid. Towel dryer in the bathroom of the electric type are equipped with a thermostat, rheostat. These devices to regulate the temperature regime inside the structure.
Interesting idea from a profile pipe !Do the same for you
These models are either mounted on the wall or with the help of legs are installed on the floor. For the manufacture use different material, but the best is considered stainless steel coated with chrome.
The dryer works from electricity, which goes to the heating element. The coolant is the liquid inside the pipes. It is heated up to 60 oC,70 oC by heating elements. Heating level is kept by means of heating elements, or with the help of additional devices, about which it was mentioned above.
Towel dryer from polypropylene with his hands
An indispensable accessory in Russian bathrooms is a towel dryer. It is indispensable not only for drying laundry, but also for maintaining a dry microclimate, which prevents mold and mildew. The most budget variant. the construction made of polypropylene pipes, assembled with our own hands.
It is simple enough in the manufacture, but for beginners there is a risk of incorrect assembly, connection and unreliable connection of pipes.
ATTENTION ! It is not recommended that beginners without experience in the field of plumbing, in particular with polypropylene pipes, because in case of an accident the room will be flooded with boiling water!
How to make a combined towel dryer with his hands?
Let’s see how to assemble a towel radiator with your own hands. So, we have a towel dryer with two-way connection.
Usually it consists of two racks and several fixed between them crossbars. a kind of “ladder”. Four spigots are located at the top and bottom of each rack.
Two of them. from the riser. we will use to connect to the pipeline. Of the remaining two, the lower is needed to install the heating element, and the upper. the Mayevsky faucet.
If the thread diameters of the dryer, the heating element and the Mayevsky valve are the same, the assembly is very simple: just wrap the threaded parts with sealing material and screw into nipples. But often the branch pipe has a larger diameter.
Then you should make an adapter in the form of a sleeve with the external thread corresponding to the thread of the socket and the internal thread of the part to be installed. One side of the adapter must be ground so that two edges are formed for gripping with a wrench.
How does the home-made towel dryer work?
According to the principle of operation, homemade dryers are divided into:
- Water. Mounted in the heating system. Operation of such devices depends on the season. In summer, they will not be heated. You can provide liquid supply from the water supply line. Then the towel dryer will heat up when the hot faucet is turned on. If you do not use the system for a long time, the dryer will remain cold. The advantage of this option is the opportunity to save money.
- Electric. Work from the network. Stable heating is considered an advantage. No dampness, mould or fungus in the room. The laundry dries quickly. The disadvantage is the higher electricity bill.
- Combination. Combine the features of both variants. Such a towel dryer is convenient if the hot water supply is constantly interrupted.
We make a combined model
To make an electric water dryer, you need to buy on the market or make your own water radiator.
Materials and tools
- Electric heating elements for towel rails from 150 W.
- Quick blow-off valve. 1 pc.
- Water taps with a ½” female thread on one side and the same male thread on the other side. 2 pcs.
- Gauze or felt tape to seal the threaded joints.
- adjustable wrench.
Example of a “Purple ladder” construction
- We screw water stopcocks into the upper and lower holes of one of the radiator columns.
- In the upper outlet of the other riser also with the help of wax or fum tape we install the Mayevsky faucet.
- In the same rack, in the bottom outlet, insert and fix the heating element for the towel radiator.
Types of towel dryers for the bathroom: electric, water and combined
There are three types of bathroom dryers:
Water. Towel rails circulate hot flow from the heating system or water system.
If the pipes are connected to the heating system, the dryer functions only during the heating season.
When the pipes are connected to the hot water supply, the unit will heat up every time the hot water is turned on.
Electric. Inside the device there is a power line that heats the towel rail or liquid heated by a special heating element.
Such units can function all year round, but the cost of electricity increases significantly.