Warm floor in the bath and its features
As mentioned above, the warm air by the rule of convection rises to the ceiling, while at the floor remain cold masses that do not let the coating warm up. Naturally, discomfort is felt during the reception of bathing procedures, and sometimes such a lack can lead to colds and other diseases.
It is possible to improve the atmosphere in the bathhouse if a heated floor heating system is installed, i.e.к. Electric heating is not allowed. In the photo such a system is not visible, but visitors will feel it from the first minutes of being in the steam room or shower room.
Given that the warm water floor in the bath from the stove will not be heated from the heating boiler, and the heat exchanger is installed on the chimney. Then the heat exchanger is connected to the heat exchanger itself heated floors and laid in those rooms of the bath, where it is needed (read: “What kind of heat exchanger on the pipe in the bath to do”).
Return the cooled coolant back into the heat exchanger is possible only if you install a circulating pump in the system. Otherwise only a heater located below the floor level will be able to provide uninterrupted circulation of the coolant in the loop. Also, in the absence of a circulation pump will have to use 24-millimeter pipes. The standard is 16 mm. In this case, the circulation of the coolant will be weak, and the effectiveness of underfloor heating will decrease.
If the warm water floor in the bath from the boiler can be equipped with a temperature regulator, the brick oven is almost impossible to control the process of heating the coolant. The optimum temperature for underfloor heating is a mark of 40 degrees Celsius. Since the furnace in the bath heats the water to boiling point, then you need to take care about the arrangement of the system node mixer, reducing the temperature of the coolant.
Installation of a large heat exchanger in the sauna stove is not possible, so the stove must be installed bulk capacity to accumulate heat energy (about “What heat exchanger in the sauna stove better to install. design options”). Such a tank is connected to the heat exchanger by means of steel pipes. In order to eliminate the loss of heat energy it is necessary to insulate the flooring. Such a layer will have a positive effect on the temperature of the room, reflecting the heat energy flowing through the floor. “What a warm floor in baths is better to do. options of arrangement”.
Arranging a water floor in the bath from the furnace, it is necessary to take care that the coolant flows to the drainage hole, through which it will enter the sewer or drainage structure. Given the peculiarities of such a structure as a sauna, it is recommended to create under the stove tiled flooring over a cement-sand screed.
Varieties of device and materials
Option of laying water pipes in the screed for floor heating
To make a warm floor in the bath, you can use several methods of device:
- Concrete screed. this is the best option for the bath room, as it can significantly save on materials and has a high degree of moisture resistance due to the use of cement. However, such a floor can be operated only a month after pouring the screed. In addition, if the pipeline is damaged it is very difficult to find the leak, so you will need to dismantle the entire screed.
- It is very convenient to use special polystyrene boards for underfloor heating. They are equipped with a reflective foil layer and have special recesses for fixing heating pipes. Nevertheless, you still need to pour screed on top of them.
- Installing heating pipes in a wood flooring system is also possible. However, a precise calculation is required in order to determine the position of the openings in the floor joists for the installation of the pipes. But the repairability of such floors is higher.
Tip: as an insulating material in any construction, you can use foam polystyrene plates, mineral wool, expanded clay mortar, foam plastic.
Features of underfloor heating in the bath from the stove
Water underfloor heating is an innovative heating system that is gaining popularity in residential heating every year. Some consumers use this model as the main source of heat, others as additional equipment. But not so long ago they found an unexpected use for water floors in baths and saunas. To carry out installation work requires certain knowledge and skills. Therefore, to install water heated floor in the bath from the stove with his own hands, you need to learn about all its features and peculiarities of installation work.
Cool (hot) idea homemade underfloor heating from wood stove
Advantages and disadvantages of furnace heating
The floor in the bath, made under the scheme of heating from the stove, has its own advantages and disadvantages. Among the advantages it is worth highlighting the following:
- saving on laying and subsequently (in contrast to electric). on energy resources;
- environmental cleanliness and safety for health. no electromagnetic radiation as in the arrangement of the electric floor heating;
- the possibility of heating a large area;
- comfortable climate in the bath.
The disadvantages include:
- In winter, you will either have to continually heat the oven, or to drain the water so that the frozen liquid does not break the pipes;
- With simultaneous heating of several bath rooms will require a larger volume of coolant, which will increase the time of heating the floors;
- Difficulty in regulating the temperature regime;
- it is impossible to install a leaky floor. the insulation will get wet, and the work of the whole system will be ineffective.
But in general, the arrangement of heating bath floors from the stove deserves attention.
It is not difficult to do with your own hands, if you adhere to the methods of installation and take into account some peculiarities.
- Since instead of a boiler the furnace will be used, it is necessary to make a heat exchanger over the furnace, from which the heating system is laid to the desired rooms. For the heat exchanger is quite suitable metal tank.
- In order not to disrupt the movement of water in the heating system, you will need a circulating pump. You can do without it only if the furnace is located below the floor and laid pipes with a large diameter (Ø 24 mm). But even in this case, the heating system will not be too effective.
- In addition to the pump should be installed mixing unit, otherwise there is a great risk to get not warm, but hot floors, since the furnace can heat water to boiling point and it has no temperature regulator. And it is impossible to install it in the furnace itself.
- It is not possible to install a large heat exchanger in any furnace, so an accumulator tank is installed near the furnace and connected to the heat exchanger.
Bringing the project to life
In order to make the underfloor heating, which is connected to the heating system, it is necessary to perform a number of factors.
First of all, this system must include a circulation pump. The system itself can be designed for one pipe or two.
For it also need to calculate the length of the circuit, for example for two-pipe. it is a maximum of 50 meters. for one-pipe. 30.
If the room is large, and you can not fit in this number. then you have to do several loops.
In order not to waste heat and unnecessarily heat floor slabs, it is necessary before installing the system to prepare the base.
If the floor is covered with a tile, parquet or anything else, it must be removed. Then inspect the cement and, if necessary, grout the joints with cement and level the floor surface with cement mixed with coarse sand.
Around the perimeter of the floor at the junction of walls and floor install damping tape (it is necessary to keep the screed when temperature changes).
Keep in mind that the width of the tape should be greater than the width of the concrete screed. Can be attached if the walls are flat on the adhesive base, if not uneven. on dowel nails.
Then you need to put a solid thermal insulation, such as extruded polystyrene in the form of boards or foamed polyethylene rolls with foil coating.
On top lay the usual polyethylene film (so that the concrete does not leak).
After that lay the plastic rails, and on them a metal mesh with a mesh mesh from 10 cm.
Floor under the stove with laying the water loop and pouring screed
After we have prepared the floor, we need to lay and fix the polyethylene water pipes.
It is better to lay it “in a snail pattern” (as shown below), so you get fewer corners and do not divide the space into “hot and cold zones.
Interesting! What to make the floors of the house. TUT!
The pipes are installed with a spacing of 15cm (if you have a warm climate. then 30cm).
Decide for yourself if you want to make the floor warmer. make a step less, even on a particular piece of the floor.
Pipes are laid exactly as planned, starting from the distribution point, in addition, a little distance is left to connect the pipes.
It is better to do the laying in pairs: one to lay, the second secures to the grid.
After the preliminary layout (without fixing yet) pipes are brought to the distributor and fixed.
Connection is made by means of a connecting bundle to the distributor. After setting, fill the system with water (check for damage).
Now carry out the final part. the screed with concrete (for this purpose suitable concrete 200 fine-grained).
First set and fixed beacons, then pour the concrete (concrete should cover the pipes and fittings to a height of 6 cm). The uncured concrete is evened out with a rule (a long wooden plank).
Even surface needs to be dampened for 3-4 weeks or to lay a film on top, so that the concrete gradually dried up and did not crack.
After final curing, the decorative coating can be started.
On top of the cement you can lay any kind of decorative coating, flat surface only contributes to this.
Thus, you have not only warm, but also a beautiful design of your floor, on which the children will be free to play, and you will be safe for them.
Due to the fact that the furnace and not the boiler is to be used as a heating device, a heat exchanger must be installed above the furnace. As a rule, for this purpose is used the most common tank of stainless steel or any other metal that is not prone to corrosion in contact with moisture. You can also take a pipe register. There is no fundamental difference. From the heat exchanger installed above the furnace for the floor heating is laid the pipeline to the rooms where it is necessary.
In order for the used coolant to be able to return to the exchanger, you will also need a small circulation pumping unit. Without it, the construction can function properly, provided that the furnace is located below the floor surface. In addition, you need a pipe with a non-standard for such heating blocks of diametrical size. So, for the device of the hidden heating unit, which will be powered from the furnace, you need to buy pipes Ø24 mm, while the pipe laying in standard conditions is used pipe Ø16 mm.
The main feature of the furnace floor heating system is the inability to regulate the temperature.
The recommended temperature of the structure in these conditions is 40C, while the furnace will supply the pipe almost boiling water, which is not acceptable for the coolant. Therefore, in such cases, it is desirable to equip the system with a mixing block, through which will be mixed hot water from the furnace and cooled source from the return.
As it is not possible to install a large heat exchanger in the furnace, a buffer tank connected to the heat exchanger by means of steel pipes should be installed next to the furnace.
It is desirable to make heating floors in the bathhouse in all rooms
Advantages and disadvantages of construction
Before answering the question of how to make water heating from a stove, let us consider the advantages and disadvantages of such an installation.
- absence of electromagnetic emissions, as it happens with the arrangement of electric floors in the room;
- environmental safety;
- the possibility of creating camphor temperature conditions in the steam room;
- Economy (not only that the installation of electric floors is several times more expensive, but also have to pay a lot of monthly electricity bills);
- excluding the occurrence of fungal infections and mold;
- Prevention of cold drafts, because the energy from the heating element will begin its gradual movement upwards, evenly heating the entire area of the steam room.
As for the disadvantages, they include:
- The need to drain the heat source from the system in the winter, which will prevent the rupture of the pipeline due to the increased volume of frozen water.
- A large amount of energy is needed for heating the accumulator tank, which reduces the effectiveness of the heater.
- Simultaneous heating of several rooms, such as the steam room, the anteroom, the shower room, etc.п. requires a large volume of coolant, which significantly increases the time of its full heating.
- No possibility of installing leaking floors in the sauna room. As a rule, many baths are equipped with such systems, which simplifies the drainage of excess fluid. In the case of a warm floor to do so categorically impossible, because all the insulation and thermal insulating materials are fully saturated and can not fully perform its purpose.
Tips for arranging underfloor heating units in the bath
To organize an effectively working heating unit in the steam room, it is necessary to adhere to several important recommendations that have been proposed by experienced professionals working in this field.
This is what a water heated floor pie looks like
Concrete screed base is the best option for the floor finish of the sauna room, because it can significantly save on materials, but at the same time has high rates of moisture resistance through the use of cement.
In this case you can use such a floor only after the complete curing of the mortar. As a rule, this can take from two to four weeks, it all depends on the conditions in the room itself. In addition, in case of damage to the main line is extremely difficult to localize the place of the leak, which requires a complete removal of the screed.
Polystyrene boards for thermal insulation
As a thermal insulation material is best to use special boards based on polystyrene. They are equipped with a reflective metallized layer and have special internal troughs for easy installation of the carrier.
Installation of communications in a wooden floor
Installation of the sauna stove on a wooden floor and installation of the mains in a wooden floor construction is also possible. But in this case it is necessary to carry out an accurate calculation, with the help of which it will be possible to determine the location of holes in the logs for laying the coolant. And as for repairability, such systems are much better than those that are mounted in a concrete screed.
Stages of the device water heating floor
On how correctly and accurately you can assemble a water heating unit, depends on the efficiency of its work and, accordingly, the comfort in the bath room.
So, the floor heating installation in the bath has the following view:
- The first layer of rough screed, thanks to which you can exclude possible distortions and unevenness of the decorative floor covering;
- Next comes the waterproofing fabric, which prevents the accumulation of condensation during the operation of the element;
- lay thermal insulation material on top of the waterproofing material, which will send all the energy to the heated room, eliminating all heat loss;
- the fourth step is to lay a reinforcing mesh, which protects the layer of insulating cloth;
- Next, it is necessary to make installation of metallized substrate, which will reflect energy into the room, not letting it into the walls and interfloor ceilings;
- The sixth step is laying the pipeline, which is better to lay on the scheme Ulitka, thanks to what the heating surface is more uniform
- on top of the pipeline pour finishing screed with a slight slope in the direction of the drainage hole;
- the finishing touch is laying the decorative coating.
As you can see, heating the floor from the stove is not difficult to arrange in the sauna room. This method will allow you to save money on the purchase of a heating boiler, energy costs. As a result, the bath will have a favorable microclimate and comfortable floor.
Underfloor heating from the furnace: a great-grandfather’s secret in my dacha
Organization of a warm floor from the furnace in the house is an old method of heat cushion in the foundation at the expense of natural heat circulation. Simple installation of a heat reflective screen under the floor did not allow the heated air to escape outside the house, providing heating not only for people who live upstairs, but also for pets.
Installing a heating system
Any work on the installation of underfloor heating, as well as other options, should begin with the preparation of the rough surface. It must be cleaned of old worn coatings, tamped or sanded down to bring it to a perfectly flat condition. The difference in the height of the base in one room should not be more than 0.2 cm.
After preparation, you should start laying heating piping:
- First waterproofing is done with two perpendicular layers of roofing felt. Places of joints are carefully glued with mastic.
- The second step is to lay the insulation material and cover it with a mesh.
- Lay pipes directly on top of the mesh.
After connecting pipes to the system and checking it for malfunctions the screed is poured. This is usually done using cement mortar with reinforced fiberglass or diluted ready-made dry mixes.
The screed is evenly poured and leveled. Cement in the process of drying may slightly change the volume, so to prevent deformation of the finished coating around the perimeter of the room before the filling should be glued damper tape.
After full curing (the drying process lasts about thirty days) you can begin laying facing materials.
The method of heating the floors of the premises with water from the stove. a simple method, which, with the right approach and compliance with all recommendations, will save money on buying a heating boiler and electricity costs.
and more often we can meet interest in the warm floors. This type of heating in apartments is gradually replacing the usual radiators. About warm floors are written and in manuals on repairing apartments, and on the Internet. This type of heating many take for the latest progressive achievement in the field of housing, but alas. the device water underfloor heating has been known for a very long time.
Underfloor heating from the stove
The floor of the bath (the scheme of its arrangement) is fundamentally different from the laying of floors in the living space. Here it is necessary to build a sewer, so that because of the high humidity it does not rot in a short time. Properly arranged drainage system will provide dryness in the room, which means that there will be no fungus, mold, unpleasant odor, only a maximum of pleasure from visiting the sauna.
Heating system, undoubtedly, a useful addition when constructing a bath or its improvement. Warm floor in the bath, assembled strictly according to the scheme, will create an ideal microclimate and prolong the life of this beloved room.
Technology of heating is not cheap, but if you want to enjoy the comfort of water procedures for many years at any time, then you can not do without a heated sauna floor. And whether to do or not, it is up to the owner to decide. We only consider the specifics of the organization of some types of heated bath floors.
If in your cottage or country house there are frequent power outages and there is no main water supply, but there is a stove, then it is advisable to make a heated floor in the bath according to the following scheme:
Base preparation. To do this, the ground is removed from under the washing room and the surface is well tamped. Next, it is necessary to lay a sewage pipe through the wall of the foundation with a slight slope towards the water collector. Then you need to make a 15-centimeter sand-and-rubble layer, tamp it and fill it with claydite (insulating layer must be not less than 15-20 cm).
- Arrangement of waterproofing from two perpendicularly directed layers of Ruberoid, glued at the joints with mastic or special scotch tape;
- On top of a waterproofing layer any heat insulator shall be laid;
- to protect the insulation material, a reinforcing mesh is placed on top, on which the foil material (reflective layer) and pipes (preferably laid in a snail or serpentine pattern for even heating) are placed.
Connecting pipes, filling the system with water and checking if it works properly.
Screed Casting. For this you can use sand-cement mortar or ready-made building mixes with the addition of plasticizer (you can use liquid soap).
Laying of finish floor covering (is made only after the screed hardens completely).
Installing manifolds and connecting thermostats.
Apropos of note! In the arrangement of heating from the stove is acceptable to use metal-plastic pipes or copper pipes.