The washing machine doesn’t empty the water. what to do?
What to do if the washing machine does not empty the water after washing and does not let open the hatch? In our practice, it is a very common problem with which we are addressed by our customers. Most often, the repair of this malfunction costs about 3 thousand excluding the cost of parts. But is it necessary to call a handyman?? Is it possible to fix the breakdown on your own?
Usually, at the end of the washing program water is pumped out and drained into the drain. However, it may happen that the water does not drain, the laundry does not spin, and this can be caused by several reasons, which we will talk about in this article. Some causes you will be able to fix yourself.
First, you need to turn off the machine, unplug it and open the filter cover (located at the bottom right). To prevent the floor from getting wet, you can use a rag and a scoop or a low basin, there will be plenty of water!
Fixing the breakage
When a malfunction occurs, when the machine hums, instead of wringing and draining the water, it is important to know how to fix the detected failure. The housewife is also interested in how to drain the water remaining in the drum. After opening the lid of the machine should scoop out the remaining liquid with improvised tools in the form of a cup or bucket. Then you need to act according to the following scheme:
- Disconnect the washing machine, which hums, from the power supply, in order to avoid injury and electric shock damage.
- Under the bottom of the machine should be placed a container with low sides to collect the water remaining inside the technique. This will prevent flooding in the apartment, water leakage, relieve from additional work.
- Following the washing machine manual, unscrew the filter. In LG models, it is usually located under the bottom panel of the technical unit. After that, it should be cleaned of dirt, coiled hair and threads, remove unnecessary small parts. After that, as indicated in the instruction manual, you need to screw all the parts back on.
- Drainage tube is disassembled in the case when the process of cleaning the filter did not have an effect, the squeezing of water did not follow. Remove the socket by following the diagram below:
- Remove the screws that secure the water drainage assemblies.
- Remove the fasteners.
- Remove the clamp securing it to the volute by first loosening it.
- The end of the nozzle should be directed into the vessel to avoid the flow of water into undesirable locations.
- Inspect the corrugation, check possible blockages that interfere with the smooth operation of the washing machine.
- After the inspection process, put all the parts back in place.
- The pump impeller is installed next to the filter. It is necessary to examine rotation of an axis on clogging, foreign subjects interfering with a free flow of water.
- After removing the filter, you should activate the spin mode, and then inspect the opening for the filtering device with a hand flashlight. If the impeller is clean and free of debris, the pump must be replaced.
After inspecting the washing machine, carefully return all parts to their original location. Next, you need to check all the connections and connections of wires, parts. At the end of the check, you should start the washing process by selecting any mode, and then switch to the spin system. If the spinning functions, the machine does not buzz and drains water, it means that the repair procedure has been completed successfully.
In most cases, it is better to call a qualified repairman for household appliances, so as not to cause more damage. But, if the breakage is reduced to the filter cleaning, it can be carried out independently with the help of improvised tools and the lack of special skills. It is also important to clean the filter regularly to prevent breakage and malfunction of the washing machine.
Preventive maintenance tips
Of course, the information about what to do if the washing machine does not drain water is useful and applying it in practice you can save time and money for repairs. But here are even more useful recommendations.
These are tips on how to prevent the problems described above. What to do if the washing machine doesn’t empty and often starts buzzing.
Top-Load Washer Won’t Drain — Washing Machine Troubleshooting
- Do not overload the appliance beyond what is indicated on it. The maximum permissible weight of laundry is written on each appliance. If you don’t adhere to this rule, all of the parts in the machine will wear out and become unusable faster;
- Be sure to remove all items, even the smallest ones, from your s. Check whether buttons and decorations (beads, rhinestones, etc.) are well adhered to the product.). If possible, detach them before washing;
- To avoid breakdowns due to electrical fluctuations, install a special fuse before you start using it;
- Always check the filter compartment for clogging. As we said before, you can do it yourself;
- Use the machine correctly. The mode you have selected must be appropriate for the type of fabric.
Do not forget about cleaning the machine from limescale and dirt. This should be done at least once a year:
Special cases: different models
Of course, the causes of failure in one manufacturer of washing machines are not always the same, sometimes this applies to models of the same brand.
The whole thing is that some faults are associated with mechanical damage to parts, and some directly with the program.
Almost all models from Zanussi, Indesit, Bosch, Kandi, Samsung, LZ and others can be put out of commission by breaking parts such as the heating element, pump, level sensors and pumps with belts.
Troubleshooting on your own
Initially, you should check whether the washing mode is correct. Every Beko washing machine has a mode that washes delicate fabrics and woollens without a spin. If it is installed, then after washing, it is necessary to start the process of draining water separately. To do this, press the “Start” or “Start” button.
You should also check whether the drain hose is properly connected to the machine and assess its condition. If it is too bent or squeezed, the water will not drain out. The hose may also be clogged with debris. In this case it must be cleaned. The length of the drain hose plays an important role when draining water. If the hose is more than 1.5 m long, the pump will not be able to pump water for a long distance.
Also, the machine can not drain water due to clogged filter. In Beko washing machines, the filter is located behind a small protective panel on the right side. Take out the filter by turning the holder to the right. Prepare a basin in advance, because water also accumulates in the filter compartment. Afterwards the sump should be cleaned and rinsed under the faucet.
If the machine is used for a long time, the drain pipe must also be cleaned. It can be reached from the bottom of the machine with a screwdriver. The tube is held in place by three fasteners, which must be loosened. After separating the part, clean it with a small ruffle, and then install it back. If you find cracks or holes on the drain spigot, it must be replaced with a new one.
For the prevention of the washing machine, you can also clean the filter installed on the water supply. You can find it on the back of the machine, where the hose is attached. Its cleaning prevents the accumulation of sand and rust from the tap water.
Also on the back of the washing machine is a drain pump. If when washing the machine buzzes strangely and refuses to drain the water, it is worth paying attention to it. Beko washing machines are equipped with self-diagnostic function and often detect pump failure in the pump, which is responsible for water drainage. And the H5 key on the control panel alerts you to this. However, with minor failures, the controller does not respond. For example, in the pump can loosen and fall off the impeller, as you can tell by the humming. To check the pump, it is necessary to turn on the water drain mode and assess the reaction of the impeller. If it does not rotate, you need to clean or replace the pump.
In order that your washing machine did not show its faults and breakdowns for a long time, it is a good idea to monitor its condition and follow the instructions for use.
As with any appliance for washing machines Bosch, Samsung, Indesit and many other well-known brands must be monitored and repaired in time.
If your machine does not pour water into itself, then there may be errors in operation.
Let’s look at the basic mistakes that you need to prevent and again not to allow:
My washing machine stops at Rinse. Does not DRAIN or SPIN
Rules of operation of the washing machine
In order for the technique to work without failures, it is necessary to treat it correctly:
- Each model has a certain limit of loaded laundry. If it is exceeded, the unit will “work at full stretch”, which greatly increases the risk of malfunction. Strictly follow the established norms;
- thoroughly check s and fittings before washing clothes. They can provoke irregularities in the operation of the impeller, pump or motor;
- to connect the washing machine to the mains if possible use a surge protector. It will protect the appliances from power surges;
- Clean the drain filter regularly;
- Select the correct washing programme;
- every year carry out preventive cleaning of the machine without laundry. with detergent and a special descaler.
Follow these simple rules of operation, and then the appliance will work without malfunctioning, and washing will always be a pleasure
Taking care and following the rules will noticeably increase the service life of your washing machine.
Machine brands and nuances of repair when there is no drain
In most cases, the machine stops draining due to clogged filter and spigot. Troubleshooting is done as described above.
- Turn off the power
- Check the filter and drainage system Check the pump
- Check that the impeller is working correctly
- Check wiring
- Verify that the electronic unit is functioning properly
Indesit with features. If the water drainage is not restored after cleaning the filter and hose, you need to check the following items
To check the belt you will need to remove the back cover of the unit. The electronic module can also malfunction.
Each Samsung machine has an electronic display which in case of malfunction displays the error code in the form of numbers and Latin letters. In the passport of the product there is their decoding. After identifying the fault you can begin to correct it.