Scope of application
Automatic machines, which most often include a drying chamber, weigh about 70. 100 kg. They can be installed and connected in a fixed way for permanent operation.
Electromechanical simple and semi-automatic models weigh on average 10. 25 kg, what is their undeniable advantage. Lightweight is actually a guarantee of mobility, providing the opportunity to take them in the summer to use them in the country, easily transported to a new apartment, those who do not yet have permanent housing.
Washing machine of activator type: technical specificity and rules of choice
Despite the sincere affection of our compatriots to drum washing machines, they still have their rivals. Not everyone is satisfied with an irrational fixed installation. Solid weight and impressive dimensions.
Washing machine of activator type is ready to become a worthy alternative to machines with a drum. Slightly forgotten, but still in demand equipment can serve perfectly. In the article we present typical models, describe their technical characteristics, list the functionalities.
Washing machine of activator type: how it is better than automatic machine?
No, we have not gone mad, and want to tell you how old-school activator washing machines are really better than modern automatic machines.
Unjustly forgotten activator–type washing machines can still give battle to modern automatic machines. In some cases, they are just indispensable, and they cost just pennies compared to more advanced washing machines. So why are they still so popular today??
We have found out what an activator washing machine means, now let’s consider what principle it works on.
To start the washing, you need to do the following steps:
- pour water into the tank and add detergent;
- load the laundry;
- turn on the timer and set the duration of washing and spinning (if you have a centrifuge). At this point, the electric motor will set in motion the activator axis and the washing process begins;
- take out the laundry after the timer signal and rinse it in a separate container. You can fill the tank with clean water and start the washing process without detergent;
- either place the laundry in the spin dryer (if fitted) or wring it out by hand.
Design of a modern washing machine of the activator type
Since the technique in question has a simple design, breakdowns activator machines. a fairly rare phenomenon. The timer or motor can fail, in rare cases the plastic tank burst (depends on the service life).
Washing machine spins at 1400 rpm
Washer-activators are primitive versions of automatic machines. The devices do not have such a complex mechanism, so they are much cheaper.
The main advantage of the machines is that no plumbing is required for use. Warm water is poured directly into the tank before washing, powder is added and the laundry is placed in it. Then the washing process starts.
Activator machines have a simple mechanism. the basis of all modern machines. The device consists of four basic elements:
Tank. Made of plastic or metal. The second option is considered more reliable and durable, but the first one weighs less.
It’s a fact! In Soviet times, metal tanks, after the failure of machines, were used for other domestic purposes. For example, a former tank could serve as a feather duster for chicken carcasses, a concrete mixer. Some craftsmen even managed to construct a lawnmower from it.
The activator. Made in the form of a circle with convex blades, similar to a fan. Rotating the activator causes the water and laundry to move. Actually this is how the whole washing process takes place.
The engine. The main part of these devices. Without it, the operation of the machine is simply impossible.
Mechanical timer. Starts up by means of a manual rotary switch. Thus, the user sets the time of the machine. The hand of the switch is set at the mark of the required washing period.
What is it?
Washing machine of activator type is a device for washing laundry, in which the soap solution is set in motion by means of a paddle disc made of durable reinforced plastic.
The blades of such machines are convex ribs, similar in appearance to the elements in the drum models. Many believe that the activator machine is designed exclusively for dacha, because it is unpretentious in operation and compact. In fact, it is often used by families and students living in rental apartments, country lovers and homeowners who can not get plumbing.
This means that the activator type machine is an indispensable household appliance, although in terms of comfort it is in many ways inferior to modern automatic machines.
The main advantages of activator machines include:
- small size, which allows for convenient storage and transportation of equipment;
- ease of care and operation;
- the possibility of increasing the duration of spinning and washing;
- high cleaning rate, which is 65% (in automatic models it does not exceed 50%);
- Ability to wash with detergents designed for hand washing and any water hardness;
- low price;
- Capacities for up to 10kg of laundry.
As for the disadvantages, they also exist: the washing process requires human participation (rinse by hand), no spin, heating water in a separate container, minimal functionality and the inability to build the equipment under the cabinet.
At the bottom of an activator–type machine, there is a device-activator which starts the rotation of the laundry in the machine. What is it? In fact, the “motor” of this machine. Thanks to this device and the process of washing and rinsing takes place. often such a disc rotates in one or the other side, which is why the laundry in the machine is not entangled in a tangle.
If an automatic machine does everything by itself, even heats up the water (the hostess only needs to press the button), then a semiautomatic machine will wait for a person to heat, pour and drain the water, and sometimes move the laundry into a drum designed for wringing. And they sell the simplest machines, for them even to wring out the laundry (unless, of course, this “bucket” is not equipped with a roller with a handle, as in the Soviet Malyutka).
The simplest activator-type machines have a single compartment (some users call these models “bucket with a motor”). The “pumped up” units are equipped with two compartments: the first (larger) is for washing and rinsing, the second is for spinning.
Advantages of activator machines
- Less wear and tear on cotton fabrics. If after 25 washes in a drum machine, the laundry would be “killed” by 25%, while in the activator machine, it would be “killed” by 18%.
- Small dimensions and weight of the machine, since the activator itself is a light and relatively small device. Although the “configuration” of the device depends on the specific model: the activator can be made as a five-bucket “barrels,” easily hidden under the sink, and weighty units with two hatches.
- Saving electricity, water and powder. Typically, this technique does not warm water (the hostess fills hot from the tap), so do not ruin in terms of energy consumption. In addition, you can load 2-5 washes in the same soapy water in the drum in turn, and then rinse them in the same way. Here comes the saving of water, powder (gel).
- Cheap detergents. For such machines is suitable powder for hand washing (it also gives more foam than powder for automatic machines) and even laundry soap grated on a grater.
- No inclination. Any such machine is vertical. According to reviews, it is easier to load-unload than the front.
- Price. Activator machine is inexpensive, if compared to automatic drum models.
- It is not sorry. It is often bought for country houses, not to carry it with you to the city.
- No plumbing required for connection. Only the socket.
- Low noise, no vibration.
Disadvantages of “country” machines
Machine tanks are mostly plastic. And water can not be heated by such machines (only “urban” automatic machines with a tank are sold with water heating). It is not possible to pour boiling water into the drum (plastic does not like this), so either warm mixed water immediately, or cold water first, and only after that. boiling water.
What are the designs?
If previously all activator models had a similar design. we described it above, today manufacturers offer improved versions. See our full range.
With manual operation
Maximum structural simplicity. There is a wringer. Operates and pours water manually. Spins the laundry by running it through two rotating rollers. Elements of design. tank and paddles. This category is represented by the once popular domestic washing machines. “Feya”, “Oka”, “Malyutka.
Their main difference is two tanks. In one of them wash, in the other. spin. There is a built-in centrifuge: things simply transfer to the second tank and turn on the spin. With the help of a timer the time is set. There are several basic modes. From this category. “Siberia”, “Belosnezhka”, “Assol”.
Their construction is limited by one tank. Provision for water heating. There are additional features to improve the laundry quality. Thanks to the bubble-air spin, the fabrics are not spoiled. There are automatic machines by DAEWOO, Electronics brands on the market. Redwer, Whirlpool.
What are activator washing machines with spin
Despite the variety and popularity of automatic washing machines, many buyers for one reason or another choose activator-type machines. You may not even know what kind of equipment it is and what is the principle of its work. But your parents, undoubtedly, had the opportunity to use such. Activator washing machines, unlike automatic machines, have a simple design, and therefore, easier and more reliable in operation. In this article we will tell about the device of activator machines, their positive sides and popular models.