Choosing a brand
After deciding what is better for washing machine, pills or powder, will it be ECO or standard, the brand has to be chosen.
If you order via the Internet, then the range increases at times. There are many options in different price ranges. pick a brand and look at user reviews.
For those who don’t want to overpay for shipping, there’s only one way to go. to the store. And that’s not a bad thing: there are usually 7-15 brands of dishwasher detergent in the range of a large hypermarket. 80-90% of shelf space is occupied by Finish, Somat, Fairy, BioMio, and other brands are few. The selection is narrow, but it’s enough and you can buy promotional items at a discount of up to 50%. The most “tasty” and regular sales at OKAY.
How to use the dishwasher properly
Using the dishwasher correctly is the key to long-lasting, trouble-free operation and sparklingly clean dishes. How to load dishes? What utensils should not be washed in the dishwasher? What detergents and rinses to use? Which mode is best for dirty plates? Finally, what the codes of common errors say about? You will get the answers to these questions in the article.
Regardless of the specific brand, domestic-format dishwashers have a similar design. Their “guts” are accessible through the front door. Behind it there is a “double-decker” hopper with baskets and shelves for dishes, cups and cutlery. Water sprays are usually placed in the bottom and top of the chamber. At the bottom of the hopper is a compartment for salt. And in the door. compartments for detergent and rinse aid.
The dishwasher must be “run” idle before the first run. Rinsing without dishes will remove small debris and residues of lubricants, will help check the quality of the connection to the plumbing for possible leaks. If the dishwasher is correctly installed, there are often no problems at the idle program stage, and you can move on.
How to load the dishes correctly?
The most important rule for loading the dishwasher is to place your dishes in such a way that water washes around them and drains freely from all sides. If the dishes will be piled “mountain” or stand, pressed tightly, after bathing it can still be dirty. Water should have free access to the surface of each pot, plate or glass inside the dishwasher. In the bottom basket it is customary to place large kitchen utensils in the manner of pots, pans, trays, large plates. The dirtiest dishes are also placed there. the water flow is stronger and the washing is more thorough. Dirty water also flows straight down, bypassing the already clean dishes. Pots are placed upside down in the dishwasher’s tank; plates, bowls and tureens are placed with their inside turned toward the center and at a slight angle to allow the water to run off better. Bigger dishes and plates are “seated” at the sides of the lower basket, smaller items are closer to the central area.
The upper basket is a repository for cups, glasses, relatively small saucers, etc.п. Often in the upper tray provides shelves for knives, holders of small items and other devices for firm fixation of dishes (so they remained stationary during bathing procedures). It is also important to take care that delicate, delicate glassware will not come into contact with one another or with its “neighbors” in the baskets. Otherwise they can break.
The cutlery tray is used specifically for forks, spoons, and knives. Its name speaks for itself. it’s a small basket with slots for cutlery.
If the baskets have special holders for dishes, use them for their intended purpose. For example, it is customary to put plates and bowls in sections (if possible, one by one). An equally important nuance. the placement of tall objects that can interfere with the normal operation of the beater-sprayer. When you need to wash oversized dishes, you can remove the upper basket and run a cycle with one lower tray.
What can be washed in the dishwasher
The items that are allowed to be washed with such a technique are usually specified in the instructions. However, many users either throw away this unnecessary waste immediately, or only turn to it when something is already broken.
Just in case, let’s remember that you can find the manual for any model on the manufacturer’s website or by contacting the official address of the company that made your dishwasher.
Thus, it is allowed to use the machine to clean the following types of dishes:
- Ceramic, faience and earthenware. if not patterned and gilded. Utensils made of these materials are strong enough to withstand hot water and any detergent. But frequent dishwashing in the machine can cause the patterns and rims to be damaged or even erased, ruining the overall appearance of the object. Therefore, it is best to load only one-color ceramic plates, saucers and cups into the sink.
- Silicone. We are not only talking about molds made of this material, but also about spatulas. Items made of synthetic food-grade rubber are easy to rinse off dirt and don’t harm the dishwasher. and neither do they.
- Glass. Including glasses, cups, dishes, plates, and heat-resistant glass pots and baking pans. To make your glassware not only wash well, but also shine, you should add a special rinse aid to the detergent.
- Enameled or stainless steel. A dishwasher is good for washing steel pots, pans, sauté pans, cutlery and oven parts, including trays and racks. You can also clean kitchen appliances made of the same materials. but only if the instructions say so. For example, most blender, mixer and food processor parts. whiskers, knives and bowls. can be loaded in the dishwasher.
Sharp objects are contraindicated in the dishwasher. First of all, you can forget or simply not know about the cutting objects if you didn’t put the dirty dishes in, and hurt yourself badly.
Second, such washing can ruin good appliances. Strong detergents over time dull the sharp edges of expensive knives with frequent use. This is especially true for regular housewives who don’t often bother to sharpen. Knife handles can get damaged in the dishwasher, and carbon steel blades. it’s gonna rust over time.
Thirdly, carelessly placed knives can simply damage parts of the dishwasher, leading to breakage.
All of this, of course, does not apply to ordinary table knives, but they inevitably tarnish steel over time from frequent washing.
Surprising Things You Can Wash in the Dishwasher | Hacks
Who has a dishwasher?? How often do you use it??
My husband’s sick of me buying it and that’s it. I don’t understand the point of taking it yet. There are two of us (adults), the plate immediately if you wash it after yourself, then there is no problem at all! I ask him, “Do you think I’ll be picking up dirty dishes for a couple of days?? You don’t understand
I’m not a prude, it’s just that when we move and buy a new kitchen, we can take everything as a set, but what the hell is it now? Or maybe I really don’t understand.
What can you wash in a dishwasher except dishes??
The dishwasher is perfectly washable with vacuum cleaner brushes. Just don’t forget to clean them first. Place them in a basket of wire and you can go rest.
Cosmetologists recommend washing makeup brushes regularly. But first of all, they are always very lazy to wash them, and secondly, it is not so easy to wash them by hand from bacteria and makeup residue. But in the dishwasher, your brushes will wash to pristine cleanliness.
Potatoes, beets, carrots and other tough root vegetables can also be washed in the dishwasher. This will help you a lot if you have a lot of cooking to do.
You can save on sponges and rags for the kitchen and buy a dishwasher. This is a joke, of course But you can wash your sponges at high temperatures in the dishwasher instead of throwing them away.
You can also wash your keyboard in the machine. However, to do this, you need to place it on the top shelf with the keys facing down and run it through the rinse. Don’t think about adding detergent. The keyboard, of course, will become even cleaner, but you can use it only as a decoration.
The dishwasher does a great job with dirty children’s toys. The same goes for your pets’ toys. Use a washable mesh to put them in the machine. Avoid lightweight plastic toys and toys with a long nap.
Combs and combs are very difficult to wash with hands, but the dishwasher will cope with this task “perfectly. Do not forget to clean combs from your hair, and do not try to wash wooden combs.
Baseball caps. If you or your child wears these hats, you have probably experienced the difficulty of washing them. When washed in a washing machine, baseball caps often become deformed to the point where the item can be ruthlessly thrown out. You can, of course, use a basin of warm water, soap and a brush and wash by hand. But that’s not the answer either. The fabric can chafe from friction. My husband would just buy a new baseball cap as the old one got dirty.
Turns out there is a wonderful way to wash a baseball cap. Dishwasher-safe.
The caps can be perfectly washed in the top of the dishwasher, the part of the dishwasher designed for cups. Simply place your baseball cap inside out. In a dishwasher, the water supply is from the bottom. Water will run inside the baseball cap and it will keep its shape just fine.
Air Caps. It is almost impossible to wash them by hand. Dishwasher-safe, they’re all dishwasher-safe. You put them down like a normal plate. They can be washed to a shine without the use of harmful substances.
Rubber boots. You can wash rubber boots in the dishwasher. Rubber boots are a shoe that makes your feet sweat a lot, and fungus develops well. To wash rubber boots in the dishwasher, take the insoles out of them. Then put your boots in the machine if they are big, or just place them upside down if they are small. Of course, if there is dirt on the shoes, it is better to wash it off beforehand. Terrific, gorgeous treatment, especially since the temperature in modern dishwashers is above 90 degrees, so your boots will be cleaned to a shine and all germs will die.
All the sports equipment your children wear. protective gear, hats, sports clothes
The dishwasher’s dimensions make it easy to load pans from the oven. Even if they don’t wash right away, a washing machine will make it much easier to give them a thorough wash later on.
Plastic soap dishes and shelves from the bathroom.
Flower pots and garden tools. Pots with patterns are an exception. The pattern in the dishwasher can come off.
What you can wash in the dishwasher: answers to popular questions
Dishwashers make life easier for millions of people, but they can be a nuisance too. That’s why it’s especially important to know what kind of dishes you can wash in the dishwasher, and what you’d rather leave in the sink.
Cosmetologists say that cosmetic brushes should be washed thoroughly and regularly to get rid of dirt and bacteria. These, too, are dishwasher safe.
Place them on the top shelf of the dishwasher or in the dishwasher basket and make sure they are firmly in place before starting the cycle. Remember to remove any hairs from the combs to avoid clogging the drain filter.
What kind of dishes can be washed in the dishwasher with special detergents?
Certain table items can be washed in the dishwasher under certain conditions.
- For silver, melchior and copper items, it is worth carefully selecting the dishwasher detergent. Like aluminum, these metals lose their shine and attractiveness from contact with hot water and conventional detergents and can become covered in dark stains. Fairy Platinum All in One capsules contain ingredients which protect your dishes, so you can wash your silverware, including melchior, in the dishwasher.
- Crystal and thin glass. Items made of such a fragile and delicate material should be washed by hand or with dishwasher detergent capsules specially designed for these items, using a special mode Crystal or Delicate Cookware at temperatures below 40ºC so they don’t turn yellow, get cloudy, crack or even burst from heat and vibration.
- You can also use special dishwashing detergents in the dishwasher on a daily basis. If you notice that the quality of washing is poor, the dishes are dull, the scum doesn’t come off and there is still some detergent on the dishes, try for example the Fairy Platinum Plus All-in-One Multi-Part capsules with the super shine function. A unique combination of powder and liquid dishwashing detergent, not only handles all types of dirt, but also protects dishwasher mechanisms from wear and tear. The capsules are suitable for use in short wash cycles at low temperatures, saving water and electricity and contributing to the conservation of natural resources.