Features of the first turn on of the Hansa PM
Of course, before installing and first startup, you must read the instructions. Make sure you have proper plumbing and drain connections, purchase manufacturer-approved detergents, and then get to work. The very first cycle is performed without any dishes. But there are nuances:
- Pour approximately 1 liter of water into the salt container.
- Switch the appliance on, turn on the water supply.
- Among the temperature modes, choose the medium, most often it is 30 °-40 ° C.
- Activate the shortest setting: usually select eco or express, depending on the model range.
- Press “Start.
- After approx. 10 seconds the appliance will start.
The signs on the dishwasher
Panel placement depends on the type of dishwasher. If it is a built-in model, the keys and indicators are on the end of the door. Since the front part of the recessed machines is hinged, there is no need to place the control system on the front of the door.
Freestanding machines are a complete part of the interior, so the control panel is placed on the front. Buttons and indicators may be labeled, but they are often foreign names that you can’t understand without a manual. It is more convenient when the keys are designated by symbols: pan, snowflake, star. Then the user can intuitively understand the meanings of the buttons.
The variety of symbols depends on the brand of the machine (Ikea, Ariston, Siemens). And also depending on the number of functions of the model.
Laundry Icons are Stupid. A Short Film by Marshal Does Stuff
Let’s consider the designations of the most popular brands of dishwashers.
Bosch dishwashers are the most popular on the Russian market. Manufacturers have created a wide range of models, a large variety of modes and introduce new technologies. Consider the deciphering of the most common symbols (follow the numbering on the picture).
- Pan with Stand (1). The symbol speaks for itself. the intensive mode (70 degrees), which allows you to wash tough dirt from pots, pans, pans. Dwell time 115 minutes, water consumption 21 l.
- Auto (cup on saucer) (2). “Automatic” mode (you might say “Standard”) runs at 45-65 degrees. Suitable for many types of dishes except for delicate items. Run time 140 minutes, consumes 19 liters.
- ECO (Economy wash) or glass and cup on a dish (3). Initially a “Pre-rinse” and then a program at 50°C. Takes 140 minutes, wastes 14 liters.
- Cup glass on the stand and two arrows to the right (4). fast cycle without a primary rinse at 45 degrees. Characteristics: 30 minutes, 10 l.
- “Shower” of water drops (5). “Pre-rinse”. The program allows you to clean the dishes from the remains of food, prepare instruments for thorough washing. Time: 19 minutes, water: 4 l.
- One glass. Designates “Delicate wash”, works at 40 degrees. Fragile items can be washed in this case. Takes 75 minutes, wastes 15 l.
- Plus and minus with the letter h (6). allows you to adjust the cycle time.
- Clock with an arrow pointing to the right (7). halving the cooking time (VarioSpeed).
- ½ (8). half load mode. If you don’t have enough dirty dishes for a full load, they’re only half-loaded and save 30% in resources.
- The pan with beakers (9). “intensive zone” (IntensiveZone). The bottom section receives water at a higher pressure than the top section.
- Baby bottle (10). hygienic mode allows you to wash dishes at a high temperature. Perfectly disinfects children’s dishes.
The Start and Reset keys on the panel help you start a wash cycle or perform a reset.
In addition, the dishwasher control is equipped with operating indicators. They tell the user which program to run. Let’s find out how to understand the Bosch panel lights.
- Brush (1). wash indicator.
- End (2). end of program.
- Faucet icon (3). water supply light.
- Arrows (4). indicator of the presence or absence of salt in the ion exchanger.
- Sunshine (snowflake) (5). the presence of rinse aid in the compartment.
In dishwashers with a display, the washing modes are also equipped with lights. If it lights up, the program is running.
- Icon (1). temperature selection possibility in the range 65-75°C.
- Auto (2). automatic washing.
- Symbol “-“. temperature range of 35 to 45 degrees.
- Eco (4). economy program.
- Glass and cup on a stand (5). quick wash.
- Water jets (6). pre-rinse.
Easy to install, straightforward to use, efficient in operation and so compact that they’ll fit even on the countertop.
Bosch tests every dishwasher thoroughly. Every sheet metal, nut and screw is subjected to water and heat before a Bosch dishwasher is put into production. Reliability is at the heart of the Bosch dishwashers.
Expand alt=”Bosch dishwasher in the interior” /
Indicators and icons on the dishwasher
During commercial breaks from TV screens we hear more and more often: “I’m a woman, not a dishwasher“. That’s why many people have started to think about buying a dishwasher for their kitchen. One of the most often chosen brands on the market is Bosch. This firm’s home appliances have been used for many generations, not only by Russians, but by people all over the world. Even if you treat responsibly the choice and installation of this unit, thoroughly studied all the instructions, indicators Bosch dishwasher and tips for use, you can still encounter small or major problems in the work of this technique.
Plastic dishes and appliances
Most plastic containers should only be used once. This applies to mineral water bottles, disposable cups, forks, plates, spoons, and so on. Still, some dishes are approved for reuse. These can be plastic food containers, bottles made of safe plastic (designed for multiple use) and so on. There are separate markers on these dishes which indicate the care that should be given to these items. Failure to follow these rules can be detrimental both to the dishes themselves and to those who will reuse them. Even containers made of safe plastic can give off toxic substances if not cared for properly. In order to prevent this from happening, you should be aware of the signs indicating that these containers may or may not be washed in the dishwasher, heated in the microwave, or subjected to other treatments
No dishwasher label indicating use of dishwasher during processing of plastic containers. This is because all plastic containers cannot be processed in the dishwasher. There it is exposed to high temperatures and aggressive detergents that make any plastic unsuitable for further use.
- Crossed out microwave oven. may not be heated.
- Two rotating arrows. cannot be used twice.
- Crossed out plate and spoon. do not use for hot foods.
- Crossed out fridge. do not put in fridge.
- Crossed out chicken. must not be exposed to grease.
Knowing the deciphering of these simple symbols makes using plastic products simple and safe. It is recommended that you pay attention to these icons when purchasing products made from this material. This will protect your health, and in some cases, even your life.
There may also be additional options, depending on the model of the machine. Sometimes they are shown on the display or touch panel. Right:
In some Bosch models you can find such a useful function as “Beam on the floor”. This indication warns the user of the end of the wash. It is installed mainly on fully or partially built-in machines. Their panel is often hidden behind a facade that lowers the sound volume. Lamp is lit underneath the door. It can tell you the end of the wash in different ways:
- At the end, there is a red dot on the floor.
- A bulb lights up throughout the entire program and turns off at the end.
- The beam changes. From red to green or blue.
Encyclopedic knowledge is indispensable!
Manufacturers are trying to make it easier for us, on every dishware today you can find the markings that tell what actions are allowed to perform with this dishware, or what conditions are allowed and, conversely, what is prohibited.
Different symbols appear depending on the characteristics and properties of the material. And these incomprehensible, at first glance, hieroglyphs we must necessarily know in order to use the dishes competently. Because ignorance can cause damage to your health, equipment and dishes. And we want to be healthy and we want our favorite cookware to last as long as possible.
- Mistake 1: stacking dishes too tightly
- Mistake 2: not removing the remains of food
- Error 3: loading the machine only half-way
- Mistake 4: Too much salt
- Mistake 5: Using only economy mode
- Mistake 6: Using old detergents
If the indicator light in the Bosch dishwasher is lit with a snowflake, it means that there is enough rinse aid. If it flickers and the faucet icon is on, the circulation pump is most likely damaged.
What does it mean when the lights are flashing fast?
So what do the dishwasher light indicators mean?? If any indicator light flashes, it is a malfunction and the dishwasher can no longer be used. For ease of understanding, we should review the operation of the main alarms:
- The LED near the picture of the faucet is on. It means there is no water coming into the machine. The reason: users often forget to open the water tap before starting work. The pump may work (which is detrimental to the service life), but the unit will stop responding to any key presses.
- The LED next to the picture of the brush is blinking. The pump will run, but the dishwasher will not start. Meaning: there is water in the dishwasher tray and the machine reacted by automatic activation of the Aqua-Stop function. To return the device to operation, it is enough to look in the tray and remove excess fluid.