How to restore the original color of the clothes
Let’s find out how to wash black things to make them regain their former brightness. Restore the color with the following proven methods:
- Soaking a black cotton shirt for half an hour in a tobacco solution can freshen it. To prepare it, you need to fill a five-liter saucepan with water, and put it on the fire. After the liquid has boiled, add a hundred grams of dry tobacco. The resulting solution should infuse for thirty to forty minutes.
- To return the primordial color to the dark things will allow a special solution prepared from the ratio of fifty grams of freeze-dried coffee per liter of boiling water. Soaking for at least twenty minutes is necessary for a positive result. Add black tea to the water instead of coffee.
- If a black chiffon dress has faded, you need to immerse it for fifteen to twenty minutes in a vinegar solution. To prepare it, you need to mix three liters of cool water and sixty milliliters of nine percent table vinegar.
- Before you wash black clothes, you can pour directly into the drum of the washer half a cup of baking soda or fine table salt. This can help freshen up the garment.
- Also, before you wash black things, it is worth pouring into the washing machine a couple of teaspoons of ground black pepper, which prevents the washout of color pigments from the fabric.
What to do to restore the color of clothes?
Black clothes look faded and washed out? Not a problem, you can restore the brightness of colors in several ways.
The preparation process:
- brew strong coffee (for one liter of water you need to take 150 grams of water). ground coffee);
- We strain the drink and leave it to cool to room temperature;
- Dip the black object into the resulting solution and leave it for ten to fifteen minutes.
Natural coffee not only refreshes and restores the brightness of black, but also gives clothes a pleasant aroma.
The coffee beverage treatment is carried out on washed and dried clothes only.
Infusion of tobacco
The procedure includes the following steps:
- bring the water to a boil, add dry tobacco leaves at the rate of 15 g per one liter of water;
- boil the infusion for thirty minutes, then strain, cool to room temperature;
- Dip black things in the resulting solution and soak for at least ten to fifteen minutes.
White streaks appear, what to do?
Misplaced detergent, insufficient rinsing can cause an unpleasant situation. after washing white stains on black things appeared.
You can solve the problem in the following way:
- In a basin with warm water dissolve a tablespoon of vinegar and the same amount of grated laundry soap.
- Dip items with streaks into the solution obtained and leave to soak for ten minutes.
- Then wash and rinse the garment several times in clean water.
If there is no time for a second wash, a rinse aid for colored linens will help quickly remove white streaks on black clothes.
It’s very simple: add the rinse aid to the water in which you rinse your black clothes. After that, the items are rinsed again in clean water and hung out to dry.
Choosing the temperature for washing your bed linen
Washing temperatures for sateen, cotton or synthetics are drastically different.
Baby sheets and duvet covers should be thoroughly cleaned of any dirt. Boiling used to be a necessary part of taking care of children’s things. This complex and time-consuming process allows you to whiten the product, remove stains and sterilize the fibers. Nowadays, more modern methods are used for washing children’s underwear. Some rules should be taken into account:
- The right choice of product. It is best to buy powders and gels marked “for children. They perfectly clean the fabric and do not cause allergies in babies.
- Select temperature settings. The temperature of washing baby’s bedding should be in the range of 70 to 90 degrees. Cold water does not ensure thorough care.
- Mandatory ironing of products. Ironing to ensure purity and sterility.
Brightly colored linens can be ruined by washing them in boiling water. The first couple of times you should wash the items in cool water. Additionally it is recommended to test the dye fastness. To do this it is necessary:
- Prepare the white cloth in advance. It is best to choose a piece of cotton material without additional pattern.
- Moisten the cloth. Material should be slightly damp.
- Lay out colored bedding. A corner of a sheet or duvet cover is placed between two pieces of white cloth.
- Iron. The resulting pile is ironed with a hot iron until the moisture evaporates completely.
- Evaluate the result. If streaks remain on the fabric, the fabric is prone to shedding and should be washed at temperatures up to 30-40 degrees.
For best results, there are important guidelines to follow:
- It is important to see in advance if the sateen or other fabric shrinks after washing. If the fabric composition includes a fraction of viscose or polyester, shrinkage is quite possible.
- Turn out the duvet covers and pillowcases. Washing inside out allows you to thoroughly clean the corners of the laundry from the inside out.
- Process stains in advance. If there are pronounced stains on the items, they need to be pre-lubricated with a stain remover. In complex cases, before washing sateen bed linen in the washing machine, it is better to soak the product for a couple of hours.
How to wash black clothes properly to keep them coal-black for a long time
A black dress, skirt or suit is a closet staple. But, unfortunately, errors of care, very quickly lead to black clothing into disrepair, turning it from a stylish element of a fashionable image into a washed rag.
Adhering to the basic rules of washing can permanently preserve the bright rich color of black clothing.
This article will help you figure out how to wash black things by hand and in the washing machine so they don’t lose color and get white streaks.
These clothes can be washed both by hand and in the machine. Select water temperature for each wash cycle. In the first case, products can be soaked. It is also important to rinse and spin them correctly. In the second case, you need to choose the right mode of washing.
Wash in your washing machine: at what temperature??
To effectively wash things in the machine, you need to:
What’s the Right Temperature to Do Laundry?
Put in it sorted beforehand and if necessary soaked laundry.
After washing, the laundry is immediately taken out of the machine and sent to the dryer. Do not leave it in the washer for too long.
Hand-clean. at how many degrees?
To effectively wash things by hand, it is necessary:
- Fill the basin with water. It must be at room temperature. It is allowed to use water with a temperature of 300C and a maximum of 400C.
- Pour powder into the basin. Its dosage is determined by the number of items.
- Put the garment in the basin. If it is very dirty, you can soak it in the basin for 1-2 hours. You can also additionally rub the problem areas with laundry soap.
- After soaking, it is recommended to change the water in the basin and pour fresh powder into it.
- Hand wash the clothes by rubbing them gently. Pay special attention to the underarms, collar areas.
- Drain the basin. Wash it and pour cool water in it. Rinse thoroughly fabrics that have been washed in it.
- Lightly wring out the clothes and hang them up to dry.
Hand-washing washes wear out your laundry much slower than machine washing.
How to wash black things in the washing machine
Before you wash black things in a washing machine, you should decide on the choice of means and tools. Many people ignorantly or lazily use regular laundry detergents and gels, which are more suitable for colored clothing. In most cases, this method will have a devastating effect on your favorite clothes. The detergent contains ingredients that are merciless to darker colors. They wash the dye out of the fabric fibers, resulting in a whitish washed-out traces.
Modern manufacturers offer a wide range of special products that are gentle to black things, even in the washing machine. They’re great if you want to hold onto the color. Washing gels, not powders. They are better washed do not leave white streaks. Here are a few examples of the most common and available tools:
- Dreft is a liquid product that can preserve black color when washed. It will not damage the structure of the fibers and will retain its pristine appearance for a long time, even when washed in a washing machine;
Now you know what you can wash your black clothes with. For the right choice, you should consult with experts. Also pay attention to the label and instructions of the selected substance. Usually manufacturers make separate gels for darker fabrics. But some are universal and suitable for all types of fabric.
How to get your clothes back to their original color
Let’s figure out how to wash black things so they regain their former brightness. Restore color with the following proven methods:
- Refresh a black cotton shirt will help soak half an hour in a tobacco solution. To make it, fill a five-liter saucepan with water and put it on the fire. After the liquid boils, add a hundred grams of dry tobacco. The resulting solution should infuse thirty to forty minutes.
- Restore the original color to dark things will allow a special solution made from a ratio of. fifty grams of freeze-dried coffee per liter of boiling water. Soaking for at least twenty minutes will be required for a positive result. Instead of coffee, it is allowed to add black tea to the water.
- If a black chiffon dress has faded, you need to immerse it in a vinegar solution for fifteen to twenty minutes. To prepare it you need to mix three liters of cool water and sixty milliliters of 9% table vinegar.
- Before you wash black clothes, you can pour half a cup of baking soda or fine table salt directly into the drum of the washing machine. This will help refresh the product.
- Also, before you wash black things, it is worth pouring into the washing machine a couple of teaspoons of ground black pepper, which prevents the washout of dye pigments from the fabric.
It’s easier to compare gels with each other if you look at the general table with characteristics of the described products.
|Gel name||Volume||Country of manufacturer||Destination|
|Laska Active Fresh||2000 ml||Russia||Synthetic & Cotton|
|Persil Color Expert Gel||1640/2920 ml||Germany||Colored things|
|Woolite Premium Color||900 ml||Italy||Cotton, colored fabrics|
|Synergetic||1000/2750/5000 ml||Russia||All kinds of fabrics|
|Meine Liebe||800 ml||Germany||Colored and white, black underwear of any structure (except wool and silk)|
|Losk Aroma Orchid||1460/2190/2920 ml||Germany||All kinds of fabrics except silk and wool|
|Cotico||1000 ml||Russia||Children’s clothes, all kinds of fabrics|