vmware workstation Fix-problem could not open virtuel machine
What to do if the washing machine does not open after the wash?
At the end of the washing process, the door locking is removed for about three minutes, after which the owners gain access to the washed items. However, sometimes it happens that the washing process is suddenly interrupted during one of the programs, the machine stops, but the door does not open. If three minutes after stopping the washing machine does not open, most likely it is defective. Trying to open the hatch by force can only harm the situation. Below we will consider what to do in cases where it is impossible to unlock the door of the machine.
First of all, let’s find out the main reasons that can cause this situation.
- The door is blocked because of the way the washing machine works; ;
- The presence of water in the washing drum;
- Failure of the smart UBL module;
- Door locking device breakage.
Some of the problems listed above can only be solved by an expert, but there are some that you can fix yourself. Let’s look at each case in detail.
See also. Washing machine siphon with a check valve: types, functions, installation
Why can the lock be blocked
The washing machine is a technically complex device. The door lock can be blocked for reasons that at first cannot even be thought of at first. To apply more force when opening is not the best option. You can simply break the lock. To solve the problems at the root, it is necessary to understand the probable causes.
- There is a program which has not yet elapsed and which requires the door to be locked.
- The hatch lock is broken or jammed. The lock can break mechanically or be blocked by the control unit.
Water is not draining out of the tank
If the washing machine door is blocked, the first thing to check before taking action to solve the underlying problem is whether there is water in the tank. If there is water, it is worth checking the set program. Accidentally or by mistake, the machine may have run the “stop with water” end of the program. In this case, it is enough to set the “drain water” mode. The lock may be unlocked automatically after this program. The same thing you can try to do if the causes of the problem are not clear.
Water in the drum may indicate a serious problem.
- The control unit is out of order, the automatic drain does not work. Professional help is needed here.
- The water level sensor or pump is broken. You should also call for service.
- The water may not be draining out, as there is nowhere to go. If the drain itself is clogged, you will need the help of a plumber (you can solve the problems yourself).
In these situations, the machine “sees” the water in the tank and locks the lock for safety reasons, so that it does not spill on the floor when you open the door. After the drum is empty, the door opens itself.
The software locks the door
The door may not open because a program has not yet completed its action. For example, some models do not have a beep at the end of the cycle. In other situations there is a long delay between washing and opening the door. In more advanced washing machines is a protection on high temperature modes. At their end, the inside of the drum is hot. Until it cools down, the lock will be blocked.
Tip:! If the door doesn’t open, don’t try to pull it forcibly. It is enough to wait for 2-3 minutes, and the door will open by itself. Sometimes the machine “hangs” and the delay increases in time.
The machine can not open and for a very prosaic reason: at the right time it was de-energized. It is worth checking if there is electricity in the house. If so, is the plug inserted in the socket and does it work? It also happens that if the machine does not open because of a power surge, it must be opened programmatically.
A defect in the LOS itself
The lock itself may be broken. A mechanical failure or even a minor defect could be the cause of the door not opening. You can replace the latch lock by yourself.
- Broken lock must be removed. To access the mechanism, you must remove the rubber gasket. Then unscrew the door.
- Remove the lock from the body, taking a picture of how it was connected to the sensors.
- Install a new lock referring to the sensor connection diagram.
If done correctly, the appliance will open the door automatically after the program is complete and the delay time has expired.
Door handle breakage
Like any other mechanism that is subject to force, the door handle can fail. It is often caused by excessive force when opening the door. The handle can break completely or come off the operating mechanism. Replacing the handle is a simple procedure you can perform yourself. To do this, remove the door of the machine to gain access to the lock. Check that the lock is in order and see the connection diagram to the handle. Install a new handle or repair the broken connections of the old one.
Problems with the control unit or sensors
If there are problems with electronics, only a service technician can help. On your own can only test or try to solve the problem programmatically.
If the control unit or alarm sensors simply “hang”, the machine must be disconnected from electricity. Leave it like this for 30 minutes or more, then turn it back on. If the internal computer is back to normal, the door will automatically unlock. If it does not work, other measures must be taken.
Sometimes the following trick helps: if the machine does not open after the washing, run some other program or the same program again. The machine will automatically attempt to close the door before starting the program. It will probably open it first. You can try to catch this moment (you will hear the click of the unlocking mechanism) and open it by the handle. This drastic method is recommended as a last resort. Or you can wait for the machine to stop working and hope that it will open this time.
Causes of the problem
The hatch cover must seal the tank during the washing so that the liquid does not seep out. The door is held closed by the hatch locking device (hereinafter also. the lock, UBL). The lock receives commands for locking and unlocking the door from the electronic control unit (hereinafter also referred to as ECU). If the door in the washing machine does not open, the reasons may be different:
- There was a power outage or a sudden power surge during the washing.
- There is water in the tank for some reason. It is easy to see through the glass of the door.
- The lock that locks the door is broken.
- The water level sensor in the tank (also called pressostat) is defective and is incorrectly reporting to the ECU that the tank is full of water.
- Door handle breaks. An indication of such a malfunction will be that the handle moves freely, but the hatch still does not open.
- Control module malfunction. In this case you will need the help of a qualified craftsman.
Handle is broken
The door in the washing machine does not open because of a broken handle? How to open the door if there is no emergency cable? You can do it with your own hands. Prepare a piece of thin, sturdy cord longer than the circumference of the door by 20-30 cm. Then carefully pour it into the gap between the body and the hatch. Use a thin flat screwdriver or spatula to do this.
The cord must not be more than 0.5 cm thick when opening the door
Once the cord is tucked in, pull on its ends. After that the door should open.
There is water left in the tank
What to do if the door in the washing machine won’t open after washing because no water is being pumped out of the tank? Perform emergency drainage. Many models of washer-dryers have emergency drain plugs. Check in the manual if this is an option for your machine. If it is, you need to put any container under the plug, open it and drain the water from the tank. To remove the liquid completely, you can slightly tilt the CM forward.
Options for emptying the tank
If you do not have an emergency drain hose, use a drain strainer. Also check if it is clogged. this could be one of the reasons why the water is left in the tank. Place a shallow container or rag under the filter, then unscrew the plug and drain the water. Check if the filter is clogged and then screw the plug back on.
After removing the water, you can open the door using one of the previously mentioned methods. Then you can look for the cause of the problems with draining. the drain pump may have malfunctioned, the pressostat or the ECU.
Pressostat not working
Water pressure sensor sends information to the ECU about the level of liquid in the tank. The malfunction is caused by the pressostat giving the wrong signal so the door won’t unblock after washing is completed. the ECU assumes there is still water in the tank. The defect is corrected by cleaning or replacing the sensor.
The pressostat is located under the top cover of the machine, next to the tank
First of all, you have to remove the upper cover of the washing machine. Underneath it, on one of the side panels, you can see a rounded part. Contacts and tube from tank are connected to it. The tube transmits the air pressure to the diaphragm. The more water in the tank the higher the pressure. It causes the diaphragm to flex and at a certain point the instrument signals to the ECU that the desired water level has been reached. The pressostat uses the same technique to inform you that there is no liquid.
To check the sensor, disconnect the tube from it and connect another one of the same diameter, 30-40 cm long. Blow into the diaphragm, causing the pressure to build up. If you hear a “click” it means that the instrument detects an increase in pressure. Check the tube disconnected from the sensor, it may be clogged or broken. If the tube is okay, you will have to replace the pressostat.
The hatch locking device is damaged
Unfortunately, the LTCs often malfunction quite often. Such locks work on the basis of a bimetallic plate that expands from heat exposure.
Samsung washing machine UBL
Defective device should unlock the door after 2 to 3 minutes when the bimetal plate has cooled down. If the sunroof does not open, it means that the control triac in the ECU is defective. It is better to have a qualified technician to fix it.
To replace the UBL with a serviceable part, it must be removed. It’s quite easy to do:
- Open the hatch, then remove the rubber cuff, first prying with a screwdriver and remove the spring clip.
- Unscrew the lock fasteners and pull it out through the hole between the body and the cuff.
- Connect the control cable to a new LOS and install the lock in its seat.
As you can see, there are several simple ways to manually unlock the washing machine door. It’s a little more difficult to replace faulty parts, but this will also require only basic skills.
What to do if the washing machine does not open after washing? To get rid of the problem will help the following devices:
- Rope. If the washer has closed and won’t open, use a soft spatula and a thin cord (it should be slightly longer than the circumference of the rim). Insert it into the small gap between the door and the washing machine hatch, slip it in further with a spatula or flat screwdriver and pull a little;
- De-energizing. If the machine has locked the door due to a programming failure, unplug it, wait a couple of minutes, then plug it in again. Let the program run and try to open. the control module will check the state of the door while it’s on and return the lock to its normal state. The door does not open even after de-energizing? Start a new cycle and watch for the moment when it unlocks on its own;
- Emergency opening. Most washing machines are equipped with an automatic door release cable. It is located near the drain filter. Lightly pulling on such an “emergency stop” will allow you to open the door;
- Fix it with tweezers or pliers. If the washing machine does not have an automatic cable, try influencing the lock catch. To do this, unscrew the top cover of the device and ask someone to tilt the washing machine backwards (the drum should move to the back wall). Now find the lock lock and move it to the opposite side;
- Pliers. How to open a washing machine with a broken handle? If even a small piece is left of it, pull on it with tweezers or pliers.
If you are energetic, responsible, independent!
Are you experienced in repairing household or industrial appliances then join the strongest league of professionals in their field! Call or send a summary.
How to forcibly unlock the washing machine door
So, try to act according to one of the two schemes, but first do not forget to disconnect the washing machine from electricity:
- In the filtration compartment, find the rope to unlock the lock in an emergency. As a rule, it is yellow or orange, so it will not be difficult to find it. Lightly pull it and the door will unlock;
- If such a part in the device Bosch, LG, Samsung, etc. you have not found, there is a more complicated but effective method of how to open the door after the wash. To do this, the washing machine is disassembled from the top (by removing the top panel) and tilted backwards. This is to push the drum back and form a gap into which the hand can easily pass. Feel for the lock and open the hatch from the inside.
How to open a stuck washing machine door
Remember that this method should be used only as a last resort, when the door in the washing machine does not open and you have already tried other ways.
What not to do
Such a problem as jamming the door of the automatic washing machine happens suddenly and, of course, not in time. And your first actions in such a situation may not only fail to correct the situation, but also aggravate it.
Failure to follow basic safety rules can seriously harm you.
Don’t neglect them before fixing the washing machine hatch lock yourself:
- Disconnect the machine from the power supply before beginning any manipulation. Not following this recommendation, you risk not only getting an electric shock, but also fractures, if the device as a result of a malfunction starts to work (and this can happen even with the hatch open and if you do not press the start button);
- Before you open the washing machine if it’s locked, make sure the water is completely out of the tank. What to do if this does not happen we have already mentioned above;
- If you see the word error ue or some other code you do not understand, do not think for what reason there may be a malfunction. A qualified troubleshooter can do it better;
- Without special skills, you don’t need to get into microcircuits or go over the wiring. Even if after that the door of the device will unlock, not the fact that it will normally work further and you will not break another function;
- When the drain pump is running non-stop, simply unplug the machine and call the adjuster (or service center);
- Do not perform even simple manipulations, if the warranty has not yet expired. First, your problem can be solved for free. Secondly, the technique will not be replaced and will not be repaired if you yourself have carried out any actions to fix the defect in a simple way or its integrity will be broken even a small scratch;
- When the washing machine door does not open and you do not even know which side to approach it trust a professional fixer. You can make things worse by your actions.
A simple solution
Why the hatch does not open, although all washing modes are finished? As we have already said, there are quite a few answers to this question. there are objective reasons as a result of failure of mechanical components or automation.
Each time it is necessary to scrupulously carry out a diagnosis before coming to some solution. In conclusion, we would like to offer a fairly unique way to unlock when the washing machine door still does not open after all modes of washing are completed. Watch this short video, and everything will become clear to you:
Causes of breakdown of the appliances
The most frequent reason why the door of the washing machine does not open after the end of washing, is a breakdown of the handle itself. This is a mechanical problem. For its elimination will have to use additional means, but to open the hatch do not have to call a master.
The reason for the breakdown of the mechanism may be: the wear of its parts, rough handling, poor quality part that was originally supplied to the device.
An inspection of the appliance locking device will help determine that this is the breakdown. The handle for opening the door will “walk” freely in both directions, but the characteristic opening will not happen.
What to do in this case:
- Unplug the power supply. Simply unplug the cord from the power outlet.
- Open the hatch on the bottom of the appliance. Locate the emergency drain hatch. On some models, there is also a wire in this area that can be used to unlock the door. Usually a rope is a small piece of orange rope.
- Pull the cord.
A more complicated option in the absence of a rope for emergency opening of the hatch:
- Disconnect the appliance from the mains.
- Unfold the top panel and move it to the side.
- Tilt the car backwards.
- The drum will move in the same direction.
- Touch and feel for the ratchet and pull it.
It is better to carry out such a method by two people to facilitate the task.
The next problem why you can not open the door can be a faulty door locking device. This element also wears out and fails. The procedure described in the previous paragraph will help to remedy the situation. The door must be forced open.
Important! The broken element is subject to mandatory replacement until the next use of the appliances.
Frequent causes of breakdowns
The most common breakdowns of machines in their first years of operation are due to improper use.
These requirements include:
- Installation and connection. Improper installation contributes to wear and tear on shock absorbers, bearings.
- Mount the appliance on a solid, stable surface that does not cause excessive vibration. Also, do not place additional pads under the feet of the appliance.
- The machine is subjected to more vibration if they are present, the necessary rubber coating is present on the adjustable bases;
- Place of use. High humidity contributes to the failure of electronic components, it is also not safe for the users of the product;
- Water and detergent used. Contribute to limescale buildup;
- Prevent from limescale and other deposits. The presence of the latter causes damage to the heater, valves, pump and bearings;
- Loads of laundry. Excessive loads wear out bearings, motor and shock absorbers.
But with long-term use of the appliance, breakdowns also occur due to natural wear and tear: