Which powder cell to pour liquid powder into?
Standard powder tray (cuvette) of LG washing machines consists of three compartments. On the left there is a compartment for the main wash, in the middle. for conditioner, and on the right. for soaking, or prewash.
When starting the program the washing machine gradually draws the powder from the container, which ensures even distribution of detergent in the drum. If you pour the gel into a cuvette not intended for it, it will drip down the nozzles spontaneously. The concentration of detergent in the tank will then be higher than recommended.
Usually this does not affect the quality of washing, but excessive use of enzymes and bleaching agents harms the fabric and leaves streaks. Thick concentrated gels can remain in the spigots and enter the drum along with balms and laundry conditioners, which reduces the effectiveness of rinsing.
To ensure an even flow of gel into the drum, the compartment must have a flap that fits into the slots in the powder hopper.
In addition to a special restrictor, you can use the following devices:
If it is necessary to set the timer and there is no special tray for gel, then instead of liquid detergent you must use capsules or tablets for washing.
Where to pour the gel for washing in the LG washing machine, will prompt
Washing machines have a retractable or removable container designed to load cleaning agents. Horizontal models have a container on the top or front door, and vertical models have a tray mounted on the inside of the door. Most of the containers are equipped with a button that can be used to easily remove and clean the parts. They have three standard compartments:
- For rinse aid. the smallest compartment by volume, which has a limitation marker (mostly a stripe with the inscription “Max”). Different manufacturers make different markings. Classic variant. “flower” or “star”, as well as the inscription “Softener”. It is designed for liquid conditioners, antistatic and softening compounds.
- For prewash. medium in volume, located mostly in the left or right corner. Identified by the letters “A” or “I. Use only when soaking or prewash is enabled. Shampoos and liquid detergents are not poured into this compartment, only granulated powder.
- For the main detergent. the largest compartment, marked “B” or “II. If these letters are not visible, the size should be used as a guide. To be sure, you should run a test program without prewash, in which case the machine will draw water directly into the main compartment. This is where you put the powder. In addition, laundry shampoos and gel, loose and liquid powders can be used for this compartment. Stain removers and bleach that are used for machine washing are also poured into this compartment.
Is it possible to pour gel into the drum?
If the powder needs to be poured exclusively inside the compartment tray, you can pour liquid laundry powder directly into the drum.
Why powder should be poured only in the compartments of the container? Because it contains a lot of aggressive substances that, when in contact with clothes, can directly destroy their color and structure. Liquid powders are gentler on laundry fabric, so this mixture can be poured into the drum.
If you have been operating the machine for a long time, then the water supply inside the tray it rinses poorly. In this case, it also makes sense to pour liquid powder directly into the drum. Another plus of this method is the economy. Washing gel, which is poured directly into the drum, is needed in even smaller quantities than recommended on the packaging.
However, placing such a laundry detergent in the drum is not a guarantee that things will be washed better. Not all gel in this position will wash well from the fabric. Some gel varieties must be diluted with water. And for this, it is better to pour the liquid powder in the compartments.
If your liquid detergent contains bleach or stain removers, do not pour it directly into the drum.
Otherwise you risk ruining your clothes, and that is a much bigger problem than overconsumption.
There are liquid formulations, in which the manufacturers add substances that soften the water. Limescale is a serious problem for the machine, so eliminate it with this method as well. Gel softeners should not be poured into the drum, because then the product would not be able to pass through the machine.
If before washing in the machine you soaked the laundry by hand or treated it with other detergents, then pour the liquid powder exclusively into a special compartment. Otherwise, the two substances can react unpredictably and ruin your clothes.
The main functions of both products. gel and powder. are the same, but the composition has significant differences. It is difficult for the average consumer without the appropriate knowledge to understand. Let’s look at the main constituents of the products.
- Gels concentrates contain much less surfactants than detergents (about 15-30% anionic and nonionic). This explains the rapid washout of the product from the surface of things and the absence of white stripes.
- Gels contain enzymes and enzymes. active substances that remove organic contaminants. Most detergents do not contain enzymes.
- Unhealthy phosphates, responsible for softening water and dissolving dirt, are found in detergents, but not in gels.
- The fabric gels contain titanium dioxide, which makes them excellent for light-coloured fabrics. After rinsing, this component settles on the surface, creating an effect of dazzling whiteness,
- Fragrances, fragrances, additives are also found in powders and gels. However, the liquid consistency of the gel makes it possible to add plant extracts, emollients, skin protectors.
Where to fill liquid powder in a washing machine?
Where to Pour Liquid Powder in a Washing Machine? Most housewives pass by the departments with the means described and continue to buy classic powders. The reason is not only the price, but also the fact that many people simply have no idea how to properly apply the described household chemicals. That’s why today we will give as much detail as possible about the use of rare consistency laundry detergents, down to which tray of the washing machine they should be poured into. However, before we talk about all this, we offer to know what such substances are in general.
Liquid laundry detergent is a rich gel (see photo), which is the modern analogue of dry substances for washing. It belongs to the environmental products and has many advantages. The components of such a powder are not only laundry detergents. They are complemented by components that are responsible for softening the water and the textile itself.
Some gel products also contain disinfectants of vegetable origin. Also they almost always contain fragrances, thanks to which the washed clothes smell nice. As practice shows, the described gels retain the color of laundry, and sometimes even restore the brightness.
Where to put the liquid detergent in the machine and how to use it?
In the market of household chemicals appear new detergents as an alternative to the usual dry powder. These are liquid powders-gels, tablets, capsules. Gel detergents should be singled out in particular, as they have an advantage over their dry counterparts. They dissolve better in water, penetrate faster into the fibers of the fabric, and are perfectly rinsed out of the clothes, leaving no soapy streaks. To achieve the desired results, you need to know how to use it and where to pour it in the washing machine.
Concentrated laundry detergent in the form of a gel is commonly called a liquid powder. In its composition it not only detergents, but also elements to soften fabrics and water.
On the packaging of detergents manufacturer indicates the dose per wash cycle, depending on the hardness of water and pollution of laundry. Therefore, the norm of the powder ranges from 70-120 milliliters. Using such amounts is not economical.
If especially dirty areas of the laundry are smeared with detergent in advance, let them sit for a while, then you can save on the washing cycle by using 2 tablespoons of liquid detergent. Such flow refers to automatic washing machines with a loading of 6 kilograms and a water consumption of 40-50 liters. For a machine with a larger capacity, 3-4 tablespoons are required.
Where to pour the detergent when washing, will depend on the model and manufacturer of the automatic machine. Usually the detergent cuvette is divided into three compartments, one of which is designed for dry powder. This is where the liquid detergent should be poured. But some brands of automatic machines do not allow gel powder to be poured into this compartment. In such cases, it is poured into a designated container, which is sent into the drum with the laundry.
In modern household appliances, the liquid detergent cuvette has a special device, thanks to which liquid detergent is poured into the cuvette compartment. In a machine with a vertical load, there is a special flap for liquid types of household chemicals.
In a washing machine Electrolux tray has the most common form, consisting of three compartments. Instructions for the machine say that liquid detergent should be poured into a special compartment with a valve. If it is absent, then the capsule with liquid powder is placed in the drum.
Samsung with front-loading. Its tank consists of three compartments. The one on the left is for the liquid detergent. All gel-type powders should be sent directly to the drum by pouring them into a special container.
Bosch with a vertical-loading type. The cuvette has three compartments. The middle one with a flap is designed for liquid detergents. One can also add dishwashing salt, stain removers, and water softeners.
Semicircular cuvette for washing powders
Atlant and Hotpoint Ariston machines also with vertical in-loading, have a hemispherical enriched detergent cuvette (see the “Laundry Dish” section). figure). The compartment is recommended for liquid and dry detergents. But the manufacturer states that it is necessary to pour the liquid powder before washing.
Miele Wmg washing machine with a special device for the receiver of the powder automatically doses the detergent depending on the degree of dirt and the amount of laundry. The capsule compartment in the tray is for three types of capsules. The capsule contains the amount of detergent needed for one wash cycle. At the end of washing, the capsule must be removed.
Selecting the loading tray
Before using liquid powder, it is necessary to find out the purpose of the loading compartments of the washing machine. Today, every automatic machine has a tray, the compartments of which are marked with special symbols. For detergent to be used in the soak phase, the loader tray is designated with the symbol of a Roman (Arabic) unit or the letter A. For deep soiling it is quite acceptable to load this product for washing in the compartment.
The tray marked with the letter B or a Roman (Arabic) deuce is reserved for items to be used in the main wash cycle. It is this compartment is intended for loading the gel product. But if you plan to pour it into the drum, the tray should not be filled additionally, t.к. Things after washing will be in the white streaks.
The last compartment, symbolized by an asterisk (flower), is intended only for rinse aid or laundry conditioner.
Types of trays of all known brands of automatic washing machines:
- Samsung “Eco Bubble”. The washing machine has a container with 3 specific compartments. Powder (dry) should be loaded into the compartment on the left, and liquid (gel) consistency should be poured into a special container and placed in the drum.
- Hotpoint Ariston (with a semicircular container). tray for basic detergents of different consistency is located on the right. Additionally note that such a powder must be loaded immediately before washing.
- Electrolux. automatic washing machine with a standard container of 3 compartments. If there is no specific flap in the compartment in the center, which is designed for the main detergent, the liquid powder must be placed in the drum.
Composition, benefits and types of liquid powder
Liquid detergents for washing machines have a more concentrated composition, effortlessly diluted with water, cleans colored and bleach at low temperatures. Therefore, the choice is often in their favor.
- – It does not spill out, hermetically sealed package;
- – Quickly dissolves in water;
- – Has a pleasant fragrance;
- – Leaves no streaks on the cloth;
- – Easy to wash out;
- – Active in cold water;
- – Convenient dosage method;
- – Refreshes, as does fabric conditioner;
- – Does not emit harmful fumes, does not dust (this is especially important for people suffering from asthma and various types of allergies);
- – Washes blankets, coats, down products;
- – Eco-friendly, suitable for sensitive skin and children’s skin;
- – The measuring jug for liquid powder allows you to easily pour the detergent into the washing machine;
- – Can be used for hand washing.
- – May not be able to cope with oil, grease, stubborn stains;
- – Some brands have strong deodorizing fragrances;
- – Higher cost than loose powder.
1.1. What you use liquid detergent for
For all its advantages, even the best liquid detergent “takes” not all dirt. It is excellent for soft stains and light stains, and is suitable for combination fabrics (knitted dresses with wool or velour inserts, for example), but for stains like paint, grease, ink and dirt it is better to use the classic liquid detergent.
- – Colored clothes;
- – Children’s clothes;
- – Wool and half-wool fabrics;
- – Silk;
- – Sports clothes made of stretchy fabric;
- – Blouses, shirts;
- – Underwear, socks, tights;
- – Synthetic cloths.
Use liquid detergent for these items at a lower temperature: 30-40 degrees Celsius.
1.2. What laundry detergent consists of
One of the criteria for choosing liquid concentrated laundry detergent is its naturalness and safety of use. Laundry comes into contact with the skin of adults and children after washing, so it is important to know what the product is made of.
In the standard label description you will find:
- – Surface-active agents (surfactants) Thanks to them, the water penetrates deep into the stain, breaks down the dirt and is not absorbed into the product again. Dry powder contains about 20% of the substance, while liquid powder contains all 50%. A product with this formulation should be used at temperatures up to 60 degrees.
- – Phosphates
They break down salt and soften the water. The surfactant-phosphate combination makes laundry wash faster and better.
The whitener contains small reflective particles that create a visual whiteness effect. Clothes don’t get distressed, they don’t lose their shape, the fibers stay intact and the garment lasts longer. Caution! People prone to allergies should pay attention to the presence of phosphates in the detergent, because the substances remain in the fabric after rinsing. The same is true for the formula in children’s liquid detergents.
There are several kinds of these additives, but they are all aimed at removing difficult stains: grease, wine, starch, sauces.Additionally, enzymes freshen the color of clothing and prevent lint. Active at 40-60 degrees Celsius.
- – Ballast This is the base that helps the enzymes work at their best.
- – Polymers Main purpose is to retain color, prevent neighboring items in the machine from dyeing. Also keeps contaminants from settling back onto the fabric.
- – Flavourings Substitute for conditioner. They give a fresh scent to your clothes, giving an aesthetic sense of comfort to your sense of smell.
Tip: Choosing a laundry detergent or liquid laundry detergent, don’t be lazy to read the composition on the label.
So you know not only the product’s strengths but also the possible risks.
1.3. The key features of liquid detergent
If you sort out what are the liquid detergents for automatic washing machines, the main points to which you should pay attention here:
- – Formula On the shelves you can find the usual liquid powder in bottles, concentrate, thick gel in capsules. Which of these to choose depends on the type of dirt, how the product is used and personal taste. Tip: The thicker, concentrated gel lasts longer. In addition, dispensing by the measuring cup gives you exactly the amount of liquid detergent you need to pour into the washing machine.
- – Manufacturer American brand liquid laundry detergents are suitable for all types of fabric. It contains natural detergents without harsh chemicals, harmful dyes and fragrances. The product is made biodegradable, hypoallergenic, concentrated, with a fresh fragrance.
German manufacturers add special components, which in addition to the basic cleaning properties, take care of colored, fine, capricious fabrics.
At the same time, powders are strong enough to cope with oil and grease stains in machine and hand washing mode. The formula includes herbal ingredients that are gentle, do not damage fibers and preserve color. Such products are suitable for people with increased skin sensitivity. Japanese or Belgian liquid detergents are for washing by hand and in the machine.
Japanese gels are suitable for white, colored and dark clothes.
Provides conditioning effect, removes sweat and tobacco odors, softens fabric, prevents creases and folds. Belgian formula has a natural safe composition, contains no harsh bleaching agents, artificial dyes or petroleum products. Such powders can wash baby clothes, remove stains from berries, wine, coffee and grease. Formulation stays active even in cold water.
- – Type of fabrics and stains Experienced housewives know that the powder for white clothes and colored or dark clothes are two different powders. What, not every detergent that removes oil stains, washes ink or wine stains, and what is good for silk is not always suitable for thick wool fabrics. And sometimes it’s hard to decide which detergent will do a better job. liquid or dry.
- – Adult/children/hypoallergenic Whatever natural ingredients are in the composition, the product is still a chemical. Young children and people with sensitive skin may suffer from itching or allergies caused by ingredients. Try to avoid detergents that contain chlorine and dyes. They act as additional irritants.
1.4. How to choose a liquid detergent
With the variety of products on store shelves, it’s easy to get lost in the choice.
What liquid detergent is better for washing machine or hand washing, what to pay attention to??
The first criterion. safety and environmental friendliness. No chlorine, chemical dyes or petroleum products in the composition. This is especially true for children’s powders. The fragrance should not be harsh, overpowering, or intrusive. The product must solve the problem of existing soiling and have its own spectrum of action. An additional advantage would be a measuring container for the concentrate. Pay attention to the volume of the container. this will allow you to use the powder for longer. And on the method of application: liquid powder is poured into the compartment, and gel capsules are placed in the drum of the washing machine.
Advice: if you decided to try a liquid formula for the first time, and you are not sure if you should. start with the more well-known brands of medium cost.
LG Washing Machine Detergent Drawer Symbols & How to use Detergent & Fabric Softener Compartments
Important: Some labels may have a “Do not use in direct contact with things” restriction.
This means that it can only be poured into the liquid powder compartment of the washing machine.
1.5. Which powder is better: dry or liquid?
Despite the growing popularity of liquid detergents, many housewives still buy dry powder and overlook the shelves with concentrates and gels. This is not only due to habit or the high cost of the product, but also due to ignorance of where to pour liquid detergent in the washing machine.
The strengths of the thick gel are its environmental friendliness, vegetable ingredients (often with disinfectant properties), longer life of the clothes due to the delicate action, pleasant fragrances, and the ability to “work” in cold water. Plus, it is fully engaged in the wash, washed out and does not remain on the sides of the tray.
The capsules or bottle can be stored anywhere. the containers are sealed and therefore safe, even if there are small children or animals at home.
The advantages of dry powder can be called its practicality and washing a lot of stains that do not always “take” the liquid competitor.
The more democratic cost also influences the choice.
Opponents of strong smells and conditioners also prefer a loose product, because it leaves only a light fragrance and has no strong fragrances. In general, it is recommended to have two products and replace them as needed.
Liquid powder capsules
If there is no capacity for liquid powder, and the manufacturer does not allow it to fill the tray, we can use special balls in the form of capsules. They are filled with gel, after which they are sent to the drum. then we turn on the selected program and wait for the cycle to complete. The balls gradually release the detergent into the fabrics, ensuring a gentle wash. along with detergent they can be filled with special bleaching agents for colored and black fabrics.
By the way, these same balls are actively used by some people to put the classic dry SMS. Many of us are familiar with the problem of powder not leaking out of the trays. And when this problem will be solved it is not very clear, because the fact is that washing machines can not learn to fully remove SMS from the trays. The solution to the problem are the aforementioned balls. they are filled with the usual dry SMS, and then the balls themselves are sent to the drum. The water that falls into them will gradually wash out the detergent without dirtying the trays. The main thing is to buy cheap balls, without falling for the tricks of some sellers selling them at exorbitant prices.
Detergent balls and liquid powders are useful for washing outerwear with synthetic and other down fillings. by pounding the surface of jackets and raincoats, they keep the filler from crumpling and improve washing performance, helping to wash difficult stains.