Which planetary mixer to choose
Choosing such a peculiar device, you need to consider its purpose and frequency of use. The body of the mixer is made of durable metal, but its components can be made of plastic. For frequent use, you should give preference to a metal whisk and bowl, the volume of three to five liters. The material must be “stainless steel”, then the components of the machine will last a long time.
The standard package includes:
If you need to mix a thick dough in large volumes, the planetary mixer with two hooks, not one, is suitable. Note the number of accessory sockets in the machine to choose the most functional device.
Choosing a control panel, you should consider that the touch screen. fashionable and stylish, but the mechanical. reliable and durable.
The presence of a timer is not unimportant. Some of them can not only signal the expiration of the set time, but also stop the mixer.
How it works and how it works
The mixer is an electrical appliance that can be used to whip, mix liquid or free-flowing foods. Thanks to it, it takes much less time to prepare many dishes. Most often the device is used to obtain doughs, creams for baking, sauces, cream, purees and others.
All mixers are divided into two types:
- Stationary. These models have large dimensions. A special stand is used to attach the body. It is also designed to fit the bowl that comes with this model. Some manufacturers offer stationary devices with a rotating bowl to engage the entire space of the container designed for whipping and mixing.
- Manual. Have a small body with a speed switch. The whiskers are located at the bottom.
Regardless of the type of device, each model is equipped with a motor that allows you to drive the mixer. For maximum uniformity of products, the whiskers have a special arrangement. Their movement in rotation is along an intersecting trajectory.
Types of mixers
All types of devices differ from each other by a variety of parameters, ranging from the appearance and ending with a list of functions performed. To understand which one is better to choose for the house, let’s talk in detail about each of them.
Looks like a compact device with a handle and whisk. You have to hold it in your hand when you work. Buttons for changing speeds are in a place that makes it easy to change speeds with the same hand you’re holding the equipment.
Immersion variant is useful for preparing cream and semi-liquid mass for pancakes or biscuits. But it cannot cope with the tough dough, also because of the low power.
Its tiny dimensions make it a good fit even in small kitchens. Also convenient that it is very simple and can be used in any dish, as long as the blades fit in there. Attracts such a baby and a low price.
A more complex piece of equipment. It consists of a bowl and a casing, in which the blending process takes place. The main advantage of stationary equipment is that it requires minimal human involvement. You only need to put the ingredients in a bowl and set the mode, and then the device will do everything itself.
Thanks to the increased power, it is able to handle steep dough, and if there is a rotating stand, the mass is mixed evenly.
Some models provide for the functioning of the device as a manual: you only need to detach the working part from the stand.
Such a sample is heavy and takes up a lot of space, so if you decide to buy it, you should think in advance where it will be installed, and for a small kitchen it is unlikely to be suitable. It is also characterized by an increased noise level.
The difference between the planetary and stationary version is that in addition to a rotating platform, it is equipped with blades that move in a circular path, like the moving planets (hence the name). Due to this technology, the components are mixed quickly and much more thoroughly.
These samples cost more expensive than others, because they usually have expanded functionality: they can work with any dough, allow you to adjust the cutoff time, sometimes have add-ons like a meat grinder or grater.
But you should take into account that such a table-top helper is even heavier and more dimensional than a stationary one. And it costs a lot more too.
Types of additional attachments
Many companies are trying to surprise their users with the capabilities of purchased equipment, constantly upgrading and inventing various devices to expand the functionality. Of the variety of additional attachments, the most popular can be identified:
- Blender. Suitable for making refreshing drinks, sauces, creamy desserts, baby food, etc.д.
- Meat grinder. With this attachment, the mixer performs the function of a meat grinder. The set may contain several sieves with different hole diameters.
- Grinders and slicers. With these attachments you can chop and slice fruits, vegetables, hard cheese, grate chocolate or nuts for desserts.
- The universal juicer. It makes hard and soft fruits and vegetables like apples, pears, carrots, beet etc. juice.д.
- Citrus juicer. The name speaks for itself. For oranges, lemons, grapefruit, etc.п.
- Pasta nozzle. Suitable for true connoisseurs of Italian shaped pasta.
Speed and modes
Different whisk speeds should be used for different products. A mixer usually has 3 to 5 speeds, which allows you to fine-tune the quality of processing, as well as smoothly add or drop speed. Professional models have up to 12 speeds.
Also, when choosing a good mixer, consider the modes that are important to you in the kitchen:
- Impulse. The mixer works jerkily, which is suitable for processing solid ingredients;
- Turbo. When activated, the device starts working at its highest power, which is good if you need to remove lumps from the dough. But the turbo mode should be used carefully, include a few seconds, so that the mixer does not overheat.
If you want to choose an inexpensive but good planetary mixer, we do not recommend overpaying for extra speed. Take 3-5 speeds, and it will be enough for your home, the same rule works with other types of devices.
First of all, let us draw your attention to the fact that there are three types of mixers. Despite their common purpose, their appearance, functionality and, most importantly, price, differ significantly.
Immersion mixer. the most simple device of these three. It is a massive “handle” with an electric motor placed inside, in which the whiskers are inserted. During work, such models need to be held in the hand, while controlling the depth of immersion and the degree of whipping or stirring of the mass.
- The cheapest kind.
- Many manufacturers turn a simple immersion mixer into a multifunctional device by adding attachments for different tasks.
- The whisk is easy to remove, there is no need to wash the main body after work.
- The volume of the mixture and the size of the bowl can be selected according to the need.
- Takes up little space in storage.
- The body of such a mixer is almost always plastic, but the overall weight is still quite palpable, so when working for a long time your hands will be tired.
- Immersion models are the least powerful, so even when kneading not very thick dough can be a problem, not to mention yeast. with it the machine is guaranteed not to cope.
It differs from the immersion blender in design. Conventionally, it can be divided into two parts: the lower base, where a tall complete bowl is installed, and the hinged “head”, which performs the function of the mixer. The most “advanced” models operate almost automatically: The mixers and bowl rotate simultaneously at a preset speed so that the entire volume is mixed evenly.
- Higher power. more possibilities.
- You don’t have to watch the cream being whipped or the dough being kneaded, and since your hands are free at that moment, you can do other things.
- The power of stationary models is usually higher, so they are suitable for mixing thicker dough.
- Because the bowl is already included in the set, there is no need to search for a suitable dish.
- 1.5 to 2 times more expensive than submersible models.
- Takes up more cabinet space.
- The volume of the bowl is fixed.
- Many stationary mixers do not have a quick-release whisk button.
- They are more difficult to clean than immersion mixers.
Top 5 Best Stand Mixers of 
Separate mention should be made of hybrid models. In fact, they are usually submersible, but have the ability to be installed on a base with a bowl, which turns them into stationary mixers. Their pros and cons are more or less the same as those of the two types.
Calling planetary mixers a separate, third, type is a bit wrong, but it makes some sense. Structurally they are the same as stationary mixers, but with an important difference: the nozzles do not simply rotate on the spot, but are fitted with an additional gear that rotates on its own.
- The most powerful and productive.
- Often equipped with additional attachments that turn them into a full-fledged food processor.
- Ensure the best possible blending.
The features of an ordinary mixer
An ordinary stand mixer consists of a body with mixing nozzles, a platform for the bowl and a bowl. The device whips, mixes and grinds products of different consistencies. The user has only to load the food and set the necessary speed and time on the control panel.
- The autonomy of the unit. the ability to be distracted by other things.
- Easy to use, some elements are removable for cleaning.
- The capacity of the bowl.
- Big nozzles.
- High power and functionality (as opposed to manual models).
It is a stationary household device with a bowl, stand and housing with mixing elements. This mixer can whip, mix or grind products of any consistency. It not only greatly simplifies the cooking process, but also frees his hands, allowing him to do other things in parallel. All the user has to do is put the ingredients into the bowl and adjust the speed and time. Further, while the device is working, it can do something else.
The benefits of
The stationary mixer has the following advantages:
- Easy to use. Stand-alone operation allows you to do other things.
- Bowl capacity. Usually such mixers have a rather capacious bowl, which reduces the chance of splashing the mixed mass.
- Large nozzles. Larger mixing elements significantly improve the quality of meat products.
- Good power qualities. High power allows for more functions than manual models.
- Expensive. The device is much more expensive than its manual counterpart.
- Bulky. The unit will require many times the space of a manual one.
A stationary mixer is still the same device with a special bowl for products, a stand and a rotating motor with nozzles. This appliance will ensure thorough mixing of products to a homogeneous consistency, suitable for making good dough, whipped cream or cottage cheese. Unlike a stand mixer, this kind of mixer is not a handy tool, but a handy tool that can be used while doing other things at the same time and at the same time.
- Easy to use. Automated operation of the mixer will allow you to do other things.
- Bowl capacity. Stationary mixers generally have a rather large bowl, which virtually eliminates splashing.
- Big nozzles. Thanks to the big nozzles, meat products can be ground much better than with hand mixers.
- High power. Because of the high power, this type has more functionality than hand mixers.
- High price. Compared to hand mixers, buying a stationary unit will cost more.
- Large dimensions. Unlike manual mixers, stationary mixers are several times the size of.